PDA

View Full Version : Who's got long fingernails under her gloves?

MotoGirl
2nd April 2007, 20:58
OK ladies, how many of you are "girlie girls" and have long fingernails hiding under your gloves? Fess up!

The nails on my left hand are currently pushing against the end of the glove. If they get any longer I'll have to cut them so they don't wear holes in the leather. Believe it or not, this actually happens - I did it with my old gloves!

Here's a pic of my current nails. Edit: Why the pic you may ask? It's actually quite challenging growing 'em this long, so in a sick, demented kind of way, I'm proud of them! I want to see how long I can grow them.

crashe
2nd April 2007, 21:06
Nup not me.......

In fact I just cut them tonight...

Lissa
2nd April 2007, 21:18
Nope I havent got exceptionally long fingernails.. and have never been able to grow them long before they break, but I do paint them if that counts :D

merv
2nd April 2007, 21:53
Not very even are they.

Meekey_Mouse
2nd April 2007, 22:06
Lol, the longest mine have ever been were when I had false ones put on for the ball... creepishly long (to me :dodge: ).

But usually, they are whatever they are :Punk: Most are long compared to other chicks I know, but they bite their nails :sick:

I normally chip them off whenever I'm working on the bike, as I don't look after them :innocent:

Thankfully I have hard nails though :hooray: so they live through.. most things. Hehe, half my toe nail is gone... don't know how :shutup: Obviously wasn't strong enough :mellow:

Nice goin MotoGirl... those are some nails ya got there! :rockon:

MyGSXF
2nd April 2007, 22:09
Here's a pic of my current nails.

:gob: holy crap woman.. they're scary!!!! :shit:

Mr. Peanut
2nd April 2007, 22:13
Yeesh, them's workin hands. NOT!

I have a fun game, it's called tell me when to stop. You grab a persons wrist and slowly increase your grip until they cave in....

Haven't lost yet :done:

Disco Dan
2nd April 2007, 22:17
Im sorry.... all I saw was "Who's got long..." ...I felt I just had to post. :innocent:

klingon
2nd April 2007, 23:24
In my experience, long fingernails and bike gloves cannot co-exist happily :(
I either end up with ripped glove linings or torn nails or both. So nope, short nails for me now.

scumdog
3rd April 2007, 00:17
Fingerless mittens - with studs on the knuckles:yes:

Hawkeye
3rd April 2007, 02:30
Im sorry.... all I saw was "Who's got long..." ...I felt I just had to post. :innocent:

You never ever fail do you Dan:rofl:

Cajun
3rd April 2007, 08:09
:gob: holy crap woman.. they're scary!!!! :shit:

thats what i told her, doesn't help that one is really long others are short, so don't match

yungatart
3rd April 2007, 08:21
Not me! No siree!

MotoGirl
3rd April 2007, 08:29
Fingerless mittens - with studs on the knuckles:yes:

So how long are your nails then? :shutup:

chanceyy
3rd April 2007, 09:41
they grow, they brake, file, they grow again ...the joys of owning horses & bikes LOL

Stroker Girl
3rd April 2007, 10:13
Hey nice nails! I've got the same problem tho only with my thumb nail (I manage to break the rest quite regularly). Unless I remember to file it down it gets quite uncomfortable with the glove on and I always end up getting a numb thumb!

ManDownUnder
3rd April 2007, 10:18
Here's a pic of my current nails. Edit: Why the pic you may ask? It's actually quite challenging growing 'em this long, so in a sick, demented kind of way, I'm proud of them! I want to see how long I can grow them.

That ring finger nail would be AWESOME for diggin out the earwax! Awesome :niceone:

MotoGirl
3rd April 2007, 11:08
That ring finger nail would be AWESOME for diggin out the earwax! Awesome :niceone:

Why do you think I grew it :lol:

ManDownUnder
3rd April 2007, 11:10
Why do you think I grew it :lol:

Pure class!

"Must spread myself around before gifting myself to MotoGirl again" LOLOL!!!!

MotoGirl
3rd April 2007, 11:10
Unless I remember to file it down it gets quite uncomfortable with the glove on and I always end up getting a numb thumb!

:yes: I agree! They're starting to get uncomfortable under my gloves now. Plus, it's getting kind of hard to type now. I can't stick my fingers on the A, S, D, and F keys because I just can't reach the S!

placidfemme
3rd April 2007, 11:12
Hmm... I've never been into long nails... my mom and sister always had long perfectly filed nails... I can't be assed with it... so short nails under my gloves :)

MotoGirl
3rd April 2007, 11:12
I'm going to keep growing them, just because Cajun doesn't like them >:Þ
No man is goin' to tell ME when to cut my nails :Pokey:

avgas
3rd April 2007, 11:31
"watch out for......the CLAW!"

Cajun
3rd April 2007, 11:37

Might just cut them while you sleep tehahahahaheheheheheh

SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN WOMAN!!!

MotoGirl
3rd April 2007, 11:42
Might just cut them while you sleep tehahahahaheheheheheh

SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN WOMAN!!!

Two can play at the "cutting things off while you're asleep" game :dodge:

buellbabe
3rd April 2007, 11:47
Well yes I am a girly girl but no I do not have L-O-N-G nails. They are tidy and nicely shaped but thats as far as any nail obsession goes!
Dogs and bikes don't really mix with long nails...

Meekey_Mouse
3rd April 2007, 12:17
Any one else have pink nail polish? :dodge:

Swoop
3rd April 2007, 12:30
Is he mad???
The back-scratches must be fabulous!!!

gijoe1313
3rd April 2007, 13:07

I prefer using ferrari red on my nails! :whistle: And more often than not, the old scunge under the nails is a more common appearance (dandruff scratching, arse scratching, other orifice scratchings... :sick:) ... oh wait, that ferrari red is blood from all the scratching! :eek5:

crashe
3rd April 2007, 13:15

Yep FROSTY does for his pink race bike.
:dodge::dodge::dodge::dodge::dodge:

scumdog
3rd April 2007, 14:23
"watch out for......the CLAW!"

"It's the craw Mr Smart, the craw" from Secret Agent Maxwell Smart

sunhuntin
3rd April 2007, 14:26
nope...i hate long nails on myself. once they get a little bit above the tip of my finger, it either gets picked or cut off.

slinky
3rd April 2007, 14:27
OK ladies, how many of you are "girlie girls" and have long fingernails hiding under your gloves? Fess up!

The nails on my left hand are currently pushing against the end of the glove. If they get any longer I'll have to cut them so they don't wear holes in the leather. Believe it or not, this actually happens - I did it with my old gloves!

nice hands

Deano
3rd April 2007, 14:33
Black is the new pink.....

Rosie
3rd April 2007, 15:01
Any one else have pink nail polish?

I've got pink toenails. Unfortunately pretty fingernails and rock climbing don't go well together. :no:

MotoGirl
3rd April 2007, 16:40
I've got pink toenails. Unfortunately pretty fingernails and rock climbing don't go well together. :no:

:doh: mine wouldn't last two seconds rock climbing!

Toaster
3rd April 2007, 19:35

Shit, you too?

Midnight Special
4th April 2007, 00:04
Medium is best good for work and play ! and keep em purple !

Silverfern
4th April 2007, 00:52
Yep, Midnight Special is the only woman I know who matches her bike to her fingernail polish! My nails are about the same as yours Motogirl, long and hard, near impossible to break and yes I hate housework - not conducive with strong nails. It is a problem with gloves on and I wish they were strong enought to grab the bike levers with, then I wouldn't need to get the levers adjusted so I can reach them with my petite hands! They are handy for picking off dead insects off visors though, scratching backs, and taking out bee stings :)

MotoGirl
4th April 2007, 11:19
It is a problem with gloves on and I wish they were strong enought to grab the bike levers with, then I wouldn't need to get the levers adjusted...
Hmm, that gives me an idea. Maybe I should grow my toe nails so tippy-toeing on the RSV would be easier :sick:

Roj
4th April 2007, 11:29
Two can play at the "cutting things off while you're asleep" game :dodge:

Is this a bobbit warning here

hitch
4th April 2007, 16:55
I have long but not too long, still short enough to wear gloves and type etc. :yes:

jrandom
4th April 2007, 17:21
Is there such thing as a hand fetish?

I've derived a most unconscionable level of enjoyment from the photographs posted on this thread.

Particularly Deano's.

Meekey_Mouse
4th April 2007, 22:24
Is there such thing as a hand fetish?

I've derived a most unconscionable level of enjoyment from the photographs posted on this thread.

Particularly Deano's.

:shit: :crazy: :confused: :shutup:

BuFfY
4th April 2007, 22:32
I have long nails! My mum always used to tell people it is because I don't so any hard work... but I do! Keeping them looking this good IS hard work!!
I found when I was glove shopping all the fingers were longer than the mens, I figured it was perfect for nails :)

Midnight Special
4th April 2007, 22:47
i have the answer ! get some harley leather fingerless gloves , theres some on trade me ! this weather,s not looking good for your new bike pick up silverfern .

Maha
4th April 2007, 22:51

Wasn't about nose hairs after all ???

slikchik
5th April 2007, 22:10
:third:
Wasn't about nose hairs after all ???

No it was about those hairs of yours that shouldnt be there hint hint from all the women (mom do you know what I mean)?

ceebie13
18th April 2007, 09:48

...or grollies!...or even bum scratchin' :yes:
But as you can see, Bex has a similar problem with her nails...doesn't affect wine drinking though!

ManDownUnder
18th April 2007, 10:17
:third:

No it was about those hairs of yours that shouldnt be there hint hint from all the women (mom do you know what I mean)?

Pubes? I'm ALL in favour of women with a brazilian...

HenryDorsetCase
18th April 2007, 10:49
Pubes? I'm ALL in favour of women with a brazilian...

somebody posted this (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/thepress/4028217a19716.html) already? just another good reason