PDA

View Full Version : Fun on Ponsonby rd

Cuban
24th June 2003, 13:48
OK,

Thats it, im moving. If having my bike nicked the other week wasnt enough, last wednesday up at the SAFARI LOUNGE on ponsonby rd, i was out having a drink and a boogey and generally being a good dude. So i go to take a leak in the bathrooms, turn around and there's two big polynesian guys(i mean pretty fucking big, im 6 2 and these guys were same size but fucking well built), one of them goes "got a problem with my mate?" (i hadnt seen or talked to these guys before at all) so i say "i dont know what your talking about". At this the second one proceeds to beat the living shit out of me.

i guess it was instinct but i just dropped down and protected myself best i could, couldnt fight back against these guys.

And then they leave.i get up, and am quite a spectacle for a while in the place, yay for me. off to A+E, but no taxis would give me a lift because i was bleeding, so had to ask some random guy who was nice enough to give me and a mate a lift...

So what did i sustain for a random beating i hear you ask?

one black eye, closed over immediately,8 stiches in and around that eye,torn gum,chipped and cracked front tooth(may come out according to the dentist)cuts and grazes over my head, and a headache for the next 3 days.

Whats up with that?is there anybody reading this that enjoys giving randomly overpowered beatings out to complete strangers?

Auckland, what a great place

Take it easy all

MikeL
24th June 2003, 14:41
That is seriously disturbing news, Cuban. You probably thought that getting your bike nicked was the worst thing that could happen. You didn't need this to help you put things in perspective. I can't understand this whole random aggression thing. Were they drunk? Was it a case of mistaken identity? It's so totally meaningless, and if it were me I would be speechless with rage at the sheer injustice of it. Did you call the cops? Were they sympathetic? To me, what you suffered is an outrageous and intolerable attack not only on your physical person but also on your freedom and rights as a citizen, and if the police don't treat it with the seriousness that it deserves and do everything possible to catch and punish the offenders, it will further reinforce our suspicion that they are more interested in revenue-gathering and easy targets (i.e. generally responsible and law-abiding road users) than tackling real problems in our society.
You have my deepest sympathy.
I assume that ACC will pay for all costs including dental repairs?? If not, there's another injustice...

Dave
24th June 2003, 15:43
Did you check if someone had stuck a 'Racial comment' on the back of your shirt?

bluninja
24th June 2003, 16:33
And I though Glasgow was a rough city.....at least they fought one on one. Cuban, this is probably not the best chapter in your life at the moment, but things will be better. Being beaten by a gang is not pleasant, I hope everything heals in time.

TTFN

Coldkiwi
24th June 2003, 18:15
that really sucks man. I hope the police are as rabid at chasing those guys as they are at chasing road users. That shouldn't happen to anyone. How's everything feeling now?

Cuban
25th June 2003, 12:40
Yeah im pretty pissed about it, reported it to cops after getting stitched up, they can't do much with a vague description, i pretty much knew that but wasn't going to not report it.

No notes on back of shirt or anything.

Acc covered A+E and is gonna chip in for part of the dental repairs but not all.

Things are getting better atm, just taking it easy and healing up, get stitches out today.Yeah, i really have been having a shit last couple of weeks, thats for sure!!

Its a pity that traffic violators are much easier to catch than other offenders...

cheers all

Tim

vicki
25th June 2003, 16:03
Sorry to hear that, hope you're back on your feet. One of the main reasons I came to NZ is cos of the random beatings that go on in the UK are on the increase. Lets hope this doesn't start happening too much over here too.

bikerboy
25th June 2003, 17:24
Couldn't the police ask the bar staff. I don't know for sure but I can't imagine there were too many guys there fitting that general discription.

I suppose it falls in the too hard basket.:o I had someone break into my home once late at night while I was home. The cops were really good, showed up in minutes, in force, about ten with dogs and the helicopter!

I was really impressed , but he got away, no real description however there were finger prints and shoe prints everywhere, but the police were not interested at all.:argh:

Three friends were attached at St Lukes. I guess one of them asked some guy to stop talking on his phone during the movie. Afterwards, these five guys were waiting for them in the car park. The two guys were attacked, the girl called the police on her cell phone but the operator said they were too busy and couldn't send anyone for an hour. Two guys spent a few days in the hospital for concusions and cuts etc.

Makes you think.:(

Coldkiwi
26th June 2003, 18:08
makes you wonder why the hell we pay our taxes!! For all the noise the boy racers make around my area I'd rather have that every night than drag a cop away from helping someone who'd just been senselessly beaten.

Do they not have priority lists for offences? If they do (surely), then I hope no one in the St Lukes region got booked for minor speeding, parking, smoking or harmless disorderly behaviour offences that night BB.

What?
27th June 2003, 09:17
That's shocking news, Cuban. I don't supposed you'll be pleased to know how many people were caught for speeding while these arseholes were busy ruining your life:(

As for the cops, they do seem to like attending either "easy" or "dramatic" jobs. For instance, a workmate wanted some cops to attend a burglary in progress. They weren't too interested, so he tells them he thinks there might be a firearm involved. It worked - an instant swarm of cops.

750Y
27th June 2003, 10:10
Cuban, sorry to hear about that, it really sucks. I'm glad there were no weapons involved or it could have been even worse.
Sounds like You're 'OK' tho (relatively speaking). and You probably did the right thing by sheilding Yourself.
What goes around comes around.
It sounds a lot like 'P' related behaviour(random,paranoid,agression).
You'll be stronger for having this happen. Don't get bitter about it tho that'll drag You down, just move on dude. Your time will come and things will get better. speedy recovery to You.

Gixxer
30th June 2003, 13:50
<DIV>Cuban, that sucks.

they do it for no other reason then to feel tough and tell all there little pussy ass mates how bad they are.

I would almost guarantee these dicks are locals and friends of the bouncers or some shit like that, that's why they do this shit cause they know they can get away with it, the bouncers at that bar are clowns as well.

I lost 2 teeth and a black eye form a 6 on 1 when I was at school coming home from a party, and it sucks, but nothing is more satisfying then a cold plate of revenge.

&nbsp;</DIV>

georgedubyabush
30th June 2003, 15:34
my boss at my last job had his v8 ute nicked from Manukau movies a while ago. a few months later the cops busted the security gaurds there. when a hot car came in they would call their thieving mates.
:Offtopic: but the "friends of the bouncers" thing made me think of that.

your unfortunate experience makes me wonder how many people are wandering around with weapons to protect themselves. When I bought my car (skyline gts4) I found an anti-carjacking device hidden under the carpet. 2 foot steel bar that looks like its part of a dumbell set. cant see why else it woudve been there. sure wasnt a wheel brace.

SPman
30th June 2003, 16:21
Originally posted by Gixxer

<DIV>
but nothing is more satisfying then a cold plate of revenge.&nbsp;
&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Served with an iron bar onto their kneecaps!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Works a treat!</DIV>&nbsp;

Gixxer
30th June 2003, 17:18
and a nice hot cup of "steel capped boot in side of head" always &nbsp;goes down a treat.

SPman
30th June 2003, 17:34
Tsk Tsk......such violence..!

&nbsp;:D:D

Cuban
30th June 2003, 21:34
Gixxer,

&nbsp;yeah mate, nothing i would like better now than to catch the scum and even it up. Still, no point in being all bitter about it.

Thanks all, at least i could probably round up an angry biker posse if needed!Sounds like i came out pretty well actually (see gixxers exp)

Take it easy all!

Goddess of Goof
30th June 2003, 23:48
Sorry to hear about it, Cuban.

Guess that's why babes go to the loo in two's.

Guys don't think of themselves as targets for violence,

but sadly, they often are. I reckon that's an underrated fact.

It's pretty dangerous to be a bloke, these days.

Sending chocolates, grapes and champagne via email !

georgedubyabush
1st July 2003, 08:37
here you go:D

Kwaka-Kid
1st July 2003, 11:10
haha hey look its gixxer! :P

ahaha no no, sorry bout that.

Real sad to hear cuban, and lol @ the biker posse.

I say get some bike gear that looks semi-decent and dress styles and wherever u go jsut take the bike, then our all kitted up should an event arise :rockon:

- have you seen those gloves with the kevlar moulded knuckles...couldnt really wear them into anywhere... but its an entertaining thought of what you could do back to the scum that got you

Peace out brother!

Coldkiwi
1st July 2003, 12:11
Good call... you could seriously bust someones face with those Teknic 'Violator' gloves (or any of the look alikes with moulded knuckles and joints)... hmm.. violator.. it kinda makes you want to smash something anyway! Race gloves these days are really only one step down from knuckle dusters anyway! They'd be useful if someone tried to bikejack you.

speaking of fighting with bike gear... was anyone else cringing when watching matrix 2 when trinity hands out a royal hiding with the bike helmet?? Man.. I could feel the pain from my seat! Shame they used that 996 as a glide bomb tho :(

&nbsp;

Gixxer
2nd July 2003, 18:03
<DIV>something like that George. was on the other side but.

&nbsp;</DIV>

georgedubyabush
2nd July 2003, 19:37
:niceone: