PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1000-powered Smart car? Yes please!

HenryDorsetCase
4th April 2007, 12:13
http://www.smartuki.com/qna.html

there is a kit!

its the obvious use for that K7 that was totalled.

its got bitchin' little fat wheels too. I would want a full cage and race seats but, dang: you could have some fun.

like a Mini Cooper but more modern-er......

Disco Dan
4th April 2007, 12:25
0-60 in 5 sec, the same as a lotus elise... nice!

...it is a cage. it is a farking 'smart' though! who would want to be seen in one of those!

Much better to plop a 911 boxer into a classic mini... thats heaps more fun.

HenryDorsetCase
4th April 2007, 13:18
0-60 in 5 sec, the same as a lotus elise... nice!

...it is a cage. it is a farking 'smart' though! who would want to be seen in one of those!

Much better to plop a 911 boxer into a classic mini... thats heaps more fun.

I'm just going to google that because I cannot for the life of me see how that could be done (and having done it, why you would want to...) I do love that V6 powered mini conversion, but they have to subframe them and increase the wheelbase by four inches to shoehorn the thing in there. Mean as, though.

Disco Dan
4th April 2007, 13:20
I'm just going to google that because I cannot for the life of me see how that could be done (and having done it, why you would want to...) I do love that V6 powered mini conversion, but they have to subframe them and increase the wheelbase by four inches to shoehorn the thing in there. Mean as, though.

It can be done. I have even driven one, was about 3 years ago now. Was a show car in the mini club for a bit too.

Sniper
4th April 2007, 14:07
http://www.nzsupersedans.com/html/warren_lauder.html

V8 Starlet?

scott411
4th April 2007, 14:21

V8 Starlet?

i remeber the original one, Trevor Crowe built it i believe then it was raced by the late great Roger Freeth, i remeber going up to the old bay park to watch it,

Phurrball
4th April 2007, 16:26
Anyone want to supply a nice grunty big-bore bike engine for my 660 CC Suzuki Alto mini-cage?

Hehehe - that'd be a laugh :done:

Naki Rat
4th April 2007, 16:40
i remeber the original one, Trevor Crowe built it i believe then it was raced by the late great Roger Freeth, i remeber going up to the old bay park to watch it,

Brilliant car. Saw it at Baypark and Manfield back in the 70's. All painted up like a carton of "Zap" (pink bubbles) flavoured milk. Used to give Leo Leonard's PDL Mustang a run for its money :chase:

Drew
4th April 2007, 16:54

The noise would surpass any asthetic issues I reckon. It's fuckin cool, but even less practical than a bike, try fit a couple kids and your shopping in it and things would be well tight.

I'd do it if I had a spare GIXXER motor lying around, and a tiny car, but that's just cos I love buildin stupid shit.

more_fasterer
4th April 2007, 17:25
I wonder how you would reverse it.

You know what would be better? A turbo'd Busa engine. Or even better, a GSX-R1000 in... a GSX-R1000!

Madness
4th April 2007, 17:48
I wonder how you would reverse it.

Look at the "underneath" page on the site, has a reverse elecric motor with seperate chain drive to the diff.

Looks like great fun.

Mr. Peanut
4th April 2007, 17:56
Anyone want to supply a nice grunty big-bore bike engine for my 660 CC Suzuki Alto mini-cage?

Hehehe - that'd be a laugh :done:

I want one of those! Expensive though.

Rhino
4th April 2007, 18:33
He also built a V8 powered Skoda, as a rally car.:gob: Had a much worked Rover engine in it.

I did a trip round the Ashley Forest Rally Sprint course with him in it. Was bloody quick.:yes:

rwh
4th April 2007, 20:12

V8 Starlet?

Is that page current? I think the name rings a bell from the Charity Classic at Manfeild a couple of weeks ago, but that starlet had a 400 and a bonnet scoop ... and wasn't particularly fast.

Richard

Edbear
4th April 2007, 20:18
Daughter and Son-in-Law have a Smart. 600cc turbo, 6 speed tiptronic 'box. I was pleasantly surprised at how capable it is!

Drew
4th April 2007, 21:21
Daughter and Son-in-Law have a Smart. 600cc turbo, 6 speed tiptronic 'box. I was pleasantly surprised at how capable it is!

As pleasingly surprising as it was, I still think the gixxer "donk" would do the bizzo better.

Drew
4th April 2007, 21:23
You know what would be better? Or even better, a GSX-R1000 in... a GSX-R1000!

Yes, but hardly worth talkin about, since everyone already knows they're the bestest, fastest...est, most hardonest bike ever built. Ergo, we're talkin about that very bestest motor, in something different.

Madness
4th April 2007, 21:29
Yes, but hardly worth talkin about, since everyone already knows they're the bestest, fastest...est, most hardonest bike ever built. Ergo, we're talkin about that very bestest motor, in something different.

Despite the fact that the frames crumble at the sight of a brick wall & the paint falls off. Tui moment.

Sniper
5th April 2007, 06:57
Is that page current? I think the name rings a bell from the Charity Classic at Manfeild a couple of weeks ago, but that starlet had a 400 and a bonnet scoop ... and wasn't particularly fast.

Richard

I believe he does still race it, and there are a couple more around. There are lts of starlets with 2l turbos in them, they arent great, but it would explain the bonnet scoop.