PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used engine kits on Pocketbike?

newmanz
4th April 2007, 13:29
Ive been offered a few race engine kits for the 47cc and 49cc 2 stroke air cooled Pocketbikes. Supposed to add an extra 3000 RPM and a wicked power band boost. They use a 3 part kit, with ported cylinder and a 2 part aluminium head, full circle crank.

Has anyone tried these?
I have used the older 2 part engine kits, gave a little bit extra grunt but compared to the Banshee SHO 10HP water cooled engine, my air cooled bike took the back bench.

Without going mental and running methanol, whats an exceptable increase in power for standard air cooled pocket bike given your budget is around $300 for an engine rebuild?

Whats your top speed from your current worked air cooled Pocket bike, being that a standard cheapy air cooled does about 45km/h. The OEM engines about 60km/h. :scooter:

White trash
5th April 2007, 08:52
Yeah I've used a full hot up kit.

Full circle crank, 3 port barrel, head, 2 window piston, B1 carb and adjustable 3 shoe clutch.

The motor is grouse! The clutch springs are too tight though and I can't find jets for the carb. Heaps less vibes and tonnes more revs

IamCornholio
18th June 2007, 05:04
Ive been offered a few race engine kits for the 47cc and 49cc 2 stroke air cooled Pocketbikes. Supposed to add an extra 3000 RPM and a wicked power band boost. They use a 3 part kit, with ported cylinder and a 2 part aluminium head, full circle crank.

Has anyone tried these?
I have used the older 2 part engine kits, gave a little bit extra grunt but compared to the Banshee SHO 10HP water cooled engine, my air cooled bike took the back bench.

Without going mental and running methanol, whats an exceptable increase in power for standard air cooled pocket bike given your budget is around $300 for an engine rebuild?

Whats your top speed from your current worked air cooled Pocket bike, being that a standard cheapy air cooled does about 45km/h. The OEM engines about 60km/h. :scooter:

The bike I built for my son runs on an L7 frame with...

All NTN bearings (entire bike);
44mm 'big bore' (50cc), 2-piece, Boost Ported, 15:1 comp ratio headkit with perfect port timing and a perfect (as set by me) .5mm 'squish;
A 'real deal' 14mm, fully ported (by me) stock carb (most stock carbs are 12mm BTW:yes: );
Custom modified reed valve assembly (by me);
78mm, HP clutch housing with 3rd bearing support and pefectly true pinion;
Custom Built (by me of course) 2-shoe, Adjustable clutch (BZM shoes/Polini hardware/BZM and Polini springs/Perfectly balanced with a QUALITY scale and such...) :headbang: ;
Upgraded brakes and levers;
Schwinn speedometer;
ADA pegs (more clearance for sure!);
Fully modified fuel delivery system with all lines being multi-fuel compatable, high pressure, 1/4" ID, with a separate (better quality for sure) inline fuel shut off valve and a fully ported and modded stock shut-off valve, and a very high quality 'seviceable type' fuel filter somewhere in between...;
More stuff that I have forgot here...;
and STICKERS aplenty! :headbang:

Some of my 'secret mods' I can't tell you guys about but...

I do like to help other pocketbikers out when I can and I really think that this is a cool site... :yes:

Some pics of our bike below, and you guys can call me 'Cornholio' here...

Anything I can do to help out and I will try for sure friends! :beer:

IamCornholio (AKA - Lord of the Harvest)

Leo Vander Wal
5th April 2009, 14:35
On a 49cc engine is it better to have one without electric start for more power. I have heard that a electric start motor you will lose power. Is this true.

grantman
6th April 2009, 21:32
Awesome work Cornholio
thats one tidy engine

Sounds like you have put some serious hours into your bike.

I just put petrol & a little bit of oil in mine! :niceone:

Cheers

CookMySock
7th April 2009, 07:05
Interesting! We are looking at building a modified daytona, and an open watercooled bike over the next few months, so keen to hear what hot-ups are doable.

Steve