PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a cheap Pocket bike

newmanz
4th April 2007, 13:40
No not trying to get rich, but have space in my shipping container for a few extra bits and pieces. I can offer you same deal as the shops.
New shape 2007 Pocket bike of good quality build and design for $290 landed, retail normaly $499.
Can upgrade to the OEM engines for an extra $50
Also a water cooled version for $480 wholesale good for 95km/h retail $799

Call me 021 159 3500, container leaves China in 3 weeks. A deposit is all I need to gaurantee you a bike.

Cheers,
Shane.

placidfemme
4th April 2007, 13:42
So just to make it clear... I can have one of those for $290?

newmanz
4th April 2007, 13:47
The air cooled version is $290 at wholesale... (Red one in picture)
Great looking bike with a few trick bits fitted from factory. I toured this factory in 2004, they use a proper factory assembly line and have quality control in place. The quality is very good for the price, they are one of the top 3 factories in Yongkang making Pocket bikes.

newmanz
4th April 2007, 13:54
Here is a better picture of the Air cooled version, can also get in Yellow Camel racing colours if you want. :scooter:

placidfemme
4th April 2007, 14:05
ok... stupid question time...

Whats the difference between Air cooled and water cooled?

Also which of the above is better? (air or water)

And the OEM motor... what does that mean?

Sorry for the pain in the ass questions, but these look bloody kewl and I want one lol, just need to get all the facts so I can justify it to my partner who will no doubt have a bitch fit at me about it lol

White trash
4th April 2007, 14:12
The aircooled ones are a little easier to maitain yourself but the WC is faster. Much!

Just looking at each of the bikes, the aircooled one seems to be a little better replica than most of the AC reps we get here. It has a removeable subframe and beefy front forks. It also has a front sprocket support bearing on the outside which is good.

The WC is a reverse engine rep, something I've not had any experience with sorry.

placidfemme
4th April 2007, 14:16
The aircooled ones are a little easier to maitain yourself but the WC is faster. Much!

Just looking at each of the bikes, the aircooled one seems to be a little better replica than most of the AC reps we get here. It has a removeable subframe and beefy front forks. It also has a front sprocket support bearing on the outside which is good.

They sound pretty good then :) thanks WT :Punk:

newmanz: How much of a deposit are you looking at for the Water Cooled one?

newmanz
4th April 2007, 14:17
Whats the difference between Air cooled and water cooled?

Also which of the above is better? (air or water)

And the OEM motor... what does that mean?

Ok, a water cooled engine uses a radiator and coolant fluid just like a car engine, this allows the engine to stay cooler and thus can produce higher RPM and speeds without over heating, a water cooled engine will produce about 100km/h top speed.

An air cooled engine is the cheaper version, basic engine no radiator, top speed about 45 to 50km/h with a standard engine.

The OEM engines are Hwasheng factory originals, the quality is excellent and they produce more power than the cheaper clone versions.

A clone engine looks the same but quality is not as good as an OEM engine.

If you want the scariest ride of your life, a water cooled bike at 100km/h with you sitting 8 inches off the road !!!

A water cooled pocket is an amazing feeling, very fast when the power band kicks in, you have to hold on, its like sitting ontop of a guided missile. :scooter:

newmanz
4th April 2007, 14:26
They sound pretty good then :) thanks WT :Punk:

newmanz: How much of a deposit are you looking at for the Water Cooled one?

If you give me $220 for a Water Cooled, or $150 for an Air Cooled I can spot the rest to buy the bike. The reason i can offer them cheap is that a full 20 foot shipping container is much cheaper to land than one thats not full, because the shipping ports have to unpack my stuff instead of just delivering the container to my warehouse. If they unpack it, i have to pay the monkeys who do it $70 per cubic meter !!!! So by you helping me fill it up, your saving me money that I inturn can subtract from the cost of buying your bikes.. So its a win win situation for both of us.

placidfemme
4th April 2007, 14:31
If you give me $220 for a Water Cooled, or $150 for an Air Cooled I can spot the rest to buy the bike. The reason i can offer them cheap is that a full 20 foot shipping container is much cheaper to land than one thats not full, because the shipping ports have to unpack my stuff instead of just delivering the container to my warehouse. If they unpack it, i have to pay the monkeys who do it $70 per cubic meter !!!! So by you helping me fill it up, your saving me money that I inturn can subtract from the cost of buying your bikes.. So its a win win situation for both of us.

So for a water cooled one is $220 deposit and $260 when they arrive?

Seems pretty good. I'll see what I can work out.

When do you need confirmation of this?

newmanz
4th April 2007, 14:40
So for a water cooled one is $220 deposit and $260 when they arrive?

When do you need confirmation of this?

Yes thats right, the container is booked to leave in 3 weeks time.
Pay the remainder when the bikes clear customs.
Just call me if your keen,... you can always sell it and make some money, thats the other thing. Last water cooled I had, I rang its nutts off for 6 months, crashed it twice and sold it as is where is for $700, still ran mint and was the scariest thing I ever sat on, excluding my mates V8 5 litre supercharged motorcycle

Freakshow
4th April 2007, 14:51
Are they legal to ride on the road like a scooter! I am thinking of getting something cheap to get to work on!!

newmanz
4th April 2007, 14:54
Are they legal to ride on the road like a scooter! I am thinking of getting something cheap to get to work on!!

Ha ha ha !!! And I thought i was the crazy one. :gob:
Answer : HELL NO !!!!!

Freakshow
4th April 2007, 17:18
That sucks!!! I am too lazy too walk across town!!!

cowboyz
4th April 2007, 17:34
interested.. so these are not kids bikes? they run on petrol?

MyGSXF
4th April 2007, 17:36
They are soooo cool!!!! :2thumbsup

Would almost be worth clocking one up on the CC, then selling it on, to make a bit of xtra coin.. :rolleyes: (us solo's can be very resourceful when required !!! :shutup: )

But knowing me.. I would have tooo much fun on it & won't want to flick it on.. :whistle: & my boys would love it... ;)

:doh:

White trash
4th April 2007, 17:58
Ummmm, not unless you want your kids doing 95-100kph on something with 10inch wheels and no suspension!!!

newmanz
4th April 2007, 18:13

Air cooled is fine and great for kids.
Water cooled = a slow and painful operation as they remove 7 cups worth of gravel from your kids backsides and prepare the skin grafts.:bye:
I have been riding for years and those 100km/h water cooled pocket bikes are not for kids, you really need some riding experience to control them, they are evil evil beasts with no mercy.:Punk:

crazefox
4th April 2007, 18:36
mate i am keen as on one of the air cooled ones.I weigh 100kgs will i break the bike?

cowboyz
4th April 2007, 18:40
Ummm. When I first saw them I was thinking what it would take to convince the little woman one would be good for the kids.. Now I am thinking, fuck the kids.. I want one........ Oops.... back to devoted dad mode.

newmanz
4th April 2007, 18:42
mate i am keen as on one of the air cooled ones.I weigh 100kgs will i break the bike?

I weight 90 kilos, my mate weighs in at 110 kilos and still managed to wheel stand then crap off his one... he was still neck and neck with me on the straights but my bike had more pull out of the corners due to him being heavier. :Punk:

The frames can handle upto 140 kilos of rider weight.

crazefox
4th April 2007, 21:55
cool im keen as for a air cooled one with the better motor

newmanz
5th April 2007, 12:19
cool im keen as for a air cooled one with the better motor No worries, just give me a call 021 159 3500 or send me a PM.

I think i will get a WC for myself as well, I think my knees have healed well enough for another go.

placidfemme
5th April 2007, 12:21
:( worked out the budget and spoke to the other half about it... unfortunatley we've decided that despite the huge amounts of fun and the great price, we can't get one just yet... sucks

cowboyz
5th April 2007, 12:31
I spoke to Mrs Cowboyz about it and she said "Cant see the point" Hmmmm. Some people just dont get it. When do you need final order/deposits?

The_Dover
5th April 2007, 12:33
Ummmm, not unless you want your kids doing 95-100kph on something with 10inch wheels and no suspension!!!

fuck yeah, do you think Taylor will be able to handle one of these?

White trash
5th April 2007, 12:38
I doubt you could handle one sonny! You'll find out soon anyway.

The_Dover
5th April 2007, 12:38
I doubt you could handle one sonny! You'll find out soon anyway.

I'll give you the learn grandad!

gijoe1313
5th April 2007, 17:10
These sound way kewl, I'm in! PM sent and can't wait till I see the faces of my nearest and dearest when they see them :lol:

newmanz
5th April 2007, 17:41
I spoke to Mrs Cowboyz about it and she said "Cant see the point" Hmmmm. Some people just dont get it. When do you need final order/deposits?

You have 3 weeks for my container to leave, so preferable to get in before next 2 weeks.

xwhatsit
5th April 2007, 21:14
These sound way kewl, I'm in! PM sent and can't wait till I see the faces of my nearest and dearest when they see them :lol:

Oh. Shit.

He's getting another bike.

Uhoh.

This would be the perfect bike to build your manga fairings for :D

zeRax
6th May 2007, 17:00
dammit, is it possible i can get a watercooled one at all ? or have i missed out?, or maybe a couple air cooled ones, anything? whats my options ? do i have any options :(?

gijoe1313
9th May 2007, 10:52
And how are the dear little things coming along? Bumpity bump bump! :scooter: :chase: :scooter:

I've decided to name my pair Bert & Ernie! :blip: :doobey:

newmanz
20th May 2007, 11:32
Hello guys,
Thanks for your deposits, all is good. The little beasts are currently on a boat to New Zealand with all my other bits and pieces.

Sorry to those who missed out but we were running a tight time frame.
Due to the Chinese national holiday everything was delayed by 7 days, so we are behind scedule but not by much.
If the boat detours to Japan it will add a delay but so far so good.
We are hoping for the container to land in New Zealand around the 10th June.

I already have another parts order being processed now, so for all those that missed out yuou have another chance. No rush as it will be another 6 weeks before I am ready to send my list to my agents.

**Remember, I can get you anything cheaper, be it a Dirtbike or whatever **
Just message me or phone us on 021 159 3500..

Cheers,
Shane.:scooter:

SHELRACING
27th May 2007, 21:43
A water cooled pocket is an amazing feeling, very fast when the power band kicks in, you have to hold on, its like sitting ontop of a guided missile. :scooter:[/QUOTE]

Yep I would have to agree with that. The worst thing is when you are full speed down the straight at Mt Wellington Kart track, then here comes
"Hell's Corner",(the meanest hairpin corner ever) and realise you have to brake real quick. :shit:

newmanz
19th June 2007, 12:28
Ok we are all set for your bikes to land on the 20th.
I have the delivery pickup slip on my desk right now !!!!!

Cant wait to see these new shape bikes, all excited here hope you are too..

Drop me an email or call us, I will try sort through the boxes and get your stuff ready as soon as possible..

Cheers,
Shane.
ps... need race carbs? Got a whole lot, sorry sold out of race pipes already but more on the way.