PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Castlepoint 6 or 7 April

Str8 Jacket
4th April 2007, 14:27
When: Friday 6th April
Meeting: @ Rimutex 10.30
Leaving: @ 11.00 at the latest

The ride is weather dependant but if its just a bit drizzly then I still plan on going.
Will be stopping somewhere for lunch on the way there...

I plan on stopping at Uncle B's corner (when I find out where it is) for a short time either on the way there or back. Im assuming that the way to Castlepoint is signposted so I wont get too lost?

Anyone keen to join me? Otherwise im happy to go by myself. *sob*

Str8 Jacket
4th April 2007, 14:54
Oh yeah I dont have access to KB very much so flick me a text - 027 668 7628 if your keen. OR if you can tell me where Uncle B's corner is. Be very appreciated!

bistard
4th April 2007, 15:55
Great bit of road,sadly I have family things to do all weekend
I was out there last weekend
Have fun

phoenixgtr
4th April 2007, 16:09
It is a good bit of road. You'll enjoy it Hells. Sorry, I don't know which one is Bruces corner.

Yes it is sign posted. Just head through Masterton and turn right at the other side.

I'd love to join you. I really am missing my regular rides with you guys. Have a good one

quallman1234
4th April 2007, 16:10
Im keen for friday:yes: :scooter:

Maha
4th April 2007, 16:38
Hi all,

Ive never been to Castlepoint so im planning on going this Friday 6th (Easter Friday) or Saturday 7th if the weather is poos on Friday. I'll leave Wellys sometime before 12 stop somewhere for a pie then of to Castlepoint. I plan on stopping at Uncle B's corner (when I find out where it is) for a short time either on the way there or back. Im assuming that the way to Castlepoint is signposted so I wont get too lost?

Anyone keen to join me? Otherwise im happy to go by myself. *sob*

Just a word in your ear.....:psst: There is no castle there but there is a point, well two points from memory but it has been a while...:yes:

Sparky Bills
4th April 2007, 17:34
Im probably doing stocktake!:angry:

Otherwise, would have been keen.
Will see how we go.:innocent:

Skunk
4th April 2007, 18:43
Sorry Hels, love to join you but I'm taking the roof off the house this weekend (the guy at Mitre10 said it was the best way to change the air inside the house).

Str8 Jacket
5th April 2007, 08:45
I had a few texts of interest last night so I have edited the first post with times, dates and meeting place. I couldnt do Saturday as im riding up North for a few days. If you want to contact me, could you text rather than PM as I only have limited KB access.

Fingers crossed that the weather will be good!

GSVR
6th April 2007, 07:08
Just bumping this up incase anyone hasn't seen it. Might go for a ride to castlepoint myself if its fine when I get over that side.

merv
6th April 2007, 08:49
OK 10.30 Rimutex, see you there.

merv
7th April 2007, 18:40
I plan on stopping at Uncle B's corner (when I find out where it is) for a short time either on the way there or back. Im assuming that the way to Castlepoint is signposted so I wont get too lost?

Is this the corner that caught Uncle B out - the first left hander after the Riversdale turnoff? This is where we stopped yesterday.

James Deuce
7th April 2007, 19:29
I once piled into that preceding right hander corner at *mumble* km.hr only to find that that there left hander was gravel. No signs. Nothing. The road surface had been ripped up in preparation for resurfacing.

How my mate on his K100RS got round there I'll never know, but we both made it somehow.

merv
7th April 2007, 19:45
Yeah its a tricky one due to how you drop down the hill at that point too. However, any one know if it is the corner? Just trying to help Str8 out here.

GSVR
8th April 2007, 17:31
Heres the pics for merv, str8 and anyone else that wants to know. Its not the first lefthander its about the fourth lefthander after the turnoff.

Photos are self explanatory. The last one is looking back the other way (towards Masterton)

merv
8th April 2007, 18:46
Thanks Garry so it wasn't the corner I thought it was.

I'll check it out on Google Earth later.

Str8 Jacket
8th April 2007, 19:06
Holy fuck, I ran wide on that corner and alomost lost it.... I hit the shiny patch and my bike slid across to the other lane. My bike has almost zilch suspension and just kept jumping across almost right to the other side of the lane. It shit me and I was quite lucky I wasnt going that fast but the road is pretty tricky....

merv
8th April 2007, 23:40
OK so here's another shot from Google Earth showing it as not the corner I thought it would be but the one Garry has photographed.

Just checked my GPS track and on our leisurely ride I was doing 108km/hr just before that corner and at that corner I dropped to 83km/hr on entry and Str8 was following right behind me.