PDA

View Full Version : Goddagens, Hello from Uppsala.

Redan
5th April 2007, 01:01
Just wanted to say helo to you bikers at New Zealand.

I'm planing a visit to New Zeeland perhaps not this year or the next but
i will visit :)
So i thought i would learn some time in advance where to aim my travel!
Or just move to Nz somewhere reasonably hot as i would just love warmer climate than uppsala Here in sweden where i live now!
webcam Uppsala --> http://www.uu.se/carpediem/
Weather Uppsala --> http://uk.weather.yahoo.com/SWXX/SWXX0040/index_c.html

(for you that like icy winds and grey clouds it is great most time of the year ; )

By the way, this year im going to The Isle of man race. Anybode that has
been there and have any recommendations?

Steam
5th April 2007, 05:59
ah, Uppsala, my favourite Swedish city, home of Celcius and Linnaeus. (No, I did not use google.)
Welcome to KB, the motorcycle forum from the other side of the world!!
The south Island is amazing for motorcycling, we have fijiords like you. Or is that Norway?

xknuts
12th April 2007, 20:01
Hello Redan,
If you are looking for warmth all year round you have to try the Winterless Northland, BUT if you're looking for Motorcycling comraderie, best roads, lots of Rally's and New Zealands best scenery come to the South Island. Look me up please as I have been to your lovely country and have a friend in Uppsala.

Finn
12th April 2007, 20:24
Hej Redan! Valkommen till KB. Det basta stallet att aka motorcykel ar pa Sydon, vackert, fantastiska vagar och lite trafik. Bara for din information, vadret pa NZ ar langt ifran tropiskt. Vissa stallen pa Sydon ar som vinter i Uppsala eler langre norrut i Sverige. Pa Nordon ar det varmare men det regnar ganska ofta. Kiwis ar kul att umgas med men ar varre bilforare an gamla gubbar med hatt.
Bade Nordon och Sydon ar sevarda och eftersom NZ ar sa litet ar det mojligt att gora bada aven om man inte har jattelang tid.

Hall kontakt via KB och tala om nar det narmar sig for dig att komma hit - det finns massor med folk som kan mota upp dig nar du aker runt och sakert flera som ar villiga att erbjuda nagonstans att bo. Ett tips, hall dig borta fran Dover.

Hej da!

P.S. Steam - the fijiords are in Norway. Sweden has archipeligos.

Mr. Peanut
12th April 2007, 20:32
Nice bike you got there! :sunny:

Welcome to KB.

yungatart
13th April 2007, 08:42
Hawkes Bay/Gisborne has to be the warmest place in the country and has great roads with little traffic.:yes: :sunny:
A guy who rides with us is a Swede.

Conquiztador
20th June 2007, 00:45
Visst e NZ fint o harligt att aka hoj pa. Men jag saknar finlands fargan..

Redan
4th February 2010, 08:51
Better late then never?
Thanx for the tips all! The trip whent to isle of man instead!

But thanx to all my friends that goes abroad to work and live, i to feel the curiosty to test something new!
Anyone got any god idé´s about company's hiring it professionals? = )