PDA

View Full Version : Why would you be a pillion?

slikchik
5th April 2007, 22:22
Here is the question. Why would you? Whats in it for you? Um apart from the sheer exhilartion of going fast, which quite a lot of chicks like (including me) so why would you jump on the back of someones bike to go for a ride, and what do you get out of it???? TELL ME YOUR STORY

Scamp
5th April 2007, 22:31
You pretty much summed it up.....it's the speed thing.
And there is something sexy about sports bikes, therefore I guess that equates to "riders of sports bikes are sexy" :love:
I love riding my own bike and am thrilled that Hawkeye gave me the push I needed to get my license, but there is still nothing better than sitting on the back with my man and freaking myself out when I get a glimpse of the speedo - leaves me with a smile from ear to ear and a few other desires that need attending too.... :shutup:

Wasp
5th April 2007, 22:32
its the next best thing when you've written off your own bike - trust me on this one!

Madness
5th April 2007, 22:37
its the next best thing when you've written off your own bike - trust me on this one!

Good fun on the back, aye Wasp!

Wasp
5th April 2007, 22:38
yeap specially when you look at the speedo and see 100 an not realise its in miles :D :first:

slikchik
5th April 2007, 22:39
You pretty much summed it up.....it's the speed thing.
And there is something sexy about sports bikes, therefore I guess that equates to "riders of sports bikes are sexy" :love:
I love riding my own bike and am thrilled that Hawkeye gave me the push I needed to get my license, but there is still nothing better than sitting on the back with my man and freaking myself out when I get a glimpse of the speedo - leaves me with a smile from ear to ear and a few other desires that need attending too.... :shutup:

OK have to admit some sports bikes are pretty damn kewl, (excuse me for being a bit er can we say sexist, well not really, some are just godamn ugly), yes I have been opened to the ole speedo once we got the intercoms installed (er how fast are you going there captain? 250!!! well we will be slowing that ship down eh!!)

Scamp
5th April 2007, 22:50
er how fast are you going there captain? 250!!! well we will be slowing that ship down eh!!

As long as you feel safe don't ask what the speedo reads and any tickets are his concern.

aderino4
5th April 2007, 22:55
Because you want to ride but you can't.

I did it when I didn't have any license and was too young to ride
I did it when I don't have my full license but want to experience the feeliing of big bikes

So I can have cool helmet without owning a bike.

MSTRS
6th April 2007, 09:39
Pillion!!?? You must be mad! Wouldn't catch me on the back of one of them death-trap motorcycles. And as for the riders? They're all certifiable!!

Swoop
6th April 2007, 16:03
Pillion!!?? You must be mad! Wouldn't catch me on the back of one of them death-trap motorcycles. And as for the riders? They're all certifiable!!
T'was on the back of a mates CBR1000 the other day...

I needed to feel shit scared on a bike... NOT!

Huge respect for those pillions who blast past on the Coro loop!:yes:

ArcherWC
6th April 2007, 17:13
Rachel just likes the vibration apparently

sunhuntin
6th April 2007, 17:17
i do when i want some excitement.
riding with disco was an experience... unsure how fast down the middle of two rows of cars! yee haaa!

while i love being on my own bike... the pillion chance doesnt often arise here. i love it.

klingon
6th April 2007, 17:50
I would be a pillion because...

... I want to ride faster than my Volty or my skill level will let me.
... I want to end up at the same destination at the same time as the SV rider.
... I want to gaze around and look at the scenery instead of concentrating on where I'm going.
... I want to learn some skills by observing the riding style of a much more experienced rider.
... My name dictates that I must.

limbimtimwim
6th April 2007, 17:59
(er how fast are you going there captain? 250!!! well we will be slowing that ship down eh!!)Hey that's pretty good. I seem to be only able to manage 220 on the GSXR (In top, perhaps in 5th it would go faster) 2up. The wall of air doesn't let up.

What bike were you on?

Blondini
6th April 2007, 21:06
Cos my bike cant go 220+ And I dont know anyone with a jet:yes:

MotoGirl
6th April 2007, 21:18
I would only ever go pillion when one of our bikes is out of action. If it's Cajun's bike, he jumps on the back of mine; otherwise, I get on the back of his.
We used to do it all the time when we only owned one bike.

Hawkeye
7th April 2007, 08:03
and a few other desires that need attending too.... :shutup:

Scamp by name, Scamp by nature...:lol:

RC1
8th April 2007, 22:28
mine does and your welcome to pillion anytime :Punk:

HDTboy
8th April 2007, 22:42
I do it for the man love

BuFfY
9th April 2007, 10:14
Hugging a sexy guy.... lol

zuki101
9th April 2007, 10:20
:rockon: It is great riding my own bike but there are times I just want to feel the exhilaration of the speed and closeness of my hubby. You can sightsee abit better also. I never look at the road ahead of me and never look at the speedo. I just feel it. BUT I don't think I will like someone riding on the back of me when the time comes. I am at one and peace on my own bike.

Goblin
9th April 2007, 19:08
I pillioned today to relieve the withdrawls due to injury.:yes: Loved every second of it because I consider the rider an equal in terms of ability and experience.

MyGSXF
9th April 2007, 19:28
I wouldn't! :oi-grr: The only times I would get on the back would be in times of 'having' to! :mellow: & even then. I wouldn't like it much!

If I wanna go fast, I crank my own throttle! & also have also been VERY fortunate to have been lent a track dedicated CBR900 Fireblade for the 'Have a go days' at Ruapuna.. & blatted at 240k down the straight then!! :Punk: Gives me all the buzz I need, without some lunatic doin it in a dangerous environment.. ie: the public ROAD!!!!! with me on the back :angry:

sidecar bob
9th April 2007, 19:38
I pillioned today to relieve the withdrawls due to injury.:yes: Loved every second of it because I consider the rider an equal in terms of ability and experience.

Thankyou, Youre welcome, it was an absolute pleasure.:spanking: oops, wrong smiley.

Blondini
9th April 2007, 21:28
mine does and your welcome to pillion anytime :Punk:

OOW OOW Is that for me bro?So when???HUH?HUH? HUH?:yes: :yes: :yes: :love: Up to bayleys for a look see??:Punk:

RC1
9th April 2007, 21:54
OOW OOW Is that for me bro?So when???HUH?HUH? HUH?:yes: :yes: :yes: :love: Up to bayleys for a look see??:Punk:
may be able to do something as the inlaws are coming down next week so may be able to stretch a few more riding hours in to a day :Punk:

Squiggles
9th April 2007, 22:06
chance to relax and take in the views when touring, feel the speed, get close to the rider would probably be the common reasons

BarBender
9th April 2007, 22:16
Here is the question. Why would you? Whats in it for you? Um apart from the sheer exhilartion of going fast, which quite a lot of chicks like (including me) so why would you jump on the back of someones bike to go for a ride, and what do you get out of it???? TELL ME YOUR STORY
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
I seldom ride pillion and I seldom get anything out of it.
If I did it would strictly be an A to B thing because I'm C.
i.e
A=1. Pub or 2. somewhere far from B
B=Home
C=1. Pissed or 2. My bike is farked.

Interesting that you get the exhilaration fast thing as a pillion. Are you saying that you dont get it as a rider? Or is it the lack of control that you get a kick out of?

R6_kid
9th April 2007, 23:19

biggest pisstake post i've ever seen. sorry cam, i do love you still.

Nasty
10th April 2007, 02:55
I hate being a pillion ... so I pillion when:

1. We are dropping a bike off for service
2. We are picking a bike up from service
3. We don't have the car as a option for the above.

I love the Grub lots ... but being a pillion on his bike is deathly ... it is not a good pillion ride ... :mellow:

Deviant Esq
10th April 2007, 05:24
Hey that's pretty good. I seem to be only able to manage 220 on the GSXR (In top, perhaps in 5th it would go faster) 2up. The wall of air doesn't let up.
Hey LBTW. Thinking it's gotta be the rider... :nya: Nah kidding mate. Gear maybe? I've been pillion on Fat Tony's K6 GSXR750 and seen around 150mph (~250km/h) two up - on a closed private road, of course. Not sure if he ever used 6th gear at that sort of speed, but you'd have to ask him about that as I was just hanging on! :blink:

So my opinion on being a pillion? If you trust the rider (trust is a big thing for me), it's a absolute blast. I'd happily go pillion with Fat Tony again. Only having my restricted licence (not to mention having no bike over here in the UK) means I don't get to ride bikes of that kind of speed and handling (I mean, just handling... can't exceed 100km/h anyway... :shutup:), so being pillion is the next best thing for me. Still love riding my own bike and looking forward to being able to upgrade, but had a great time being pillion too.

Rosie
10th April 2007, 08:39
I hate being a pillion. That's probably one of the reasons I bought a bike.
'cos Clint was out doing all this fun-sounding motorbike stuff, but there was no way I was going on the back of his bike. So I went and got my own. He likes to joke that after being on the back of the KTM once, I went and bought my own bike, so I'd never have to go on the KTM again.
I don't think he particularly likes taking a pillion, and the KTM is pretty pillion-unfriendly, so everyone is happy.

T.I.E
10th April 2007, 09:13
did it once but it was hard to stay still. once ya been a rider always a rider.
felt sorry for the guy givin me the lift, i was heavier than him, it made for an interesting ride. cant say id do it ever again.
rule of thumb, make sure the passenger is lighter than you. makes it alot easier.

placidfemme
10th April 2007, 10:10
I've only ever gone pillion when I didn't have my own bike. With my partner she likes to go pillion on bigger bikes because they're more comfortable than a 250... but once she gets her own bike (or mine when I upgrade) then there'll be no more pillioning :)

yungatart
10th April 2007, 11:12
I pillion and enjoy it!
Mstrs rides much faster than I do, and I like going fast....as long as its not on my bike :yes:

sidecar bob
10th April 2007, 21:24
Pillioning comes down to trust, & i guess sidecar passengering is the ultimate form of pillioning.
I know i trust my s/c driver because throughout the entire nationals i didnt once doubt or question any decision he made on track, & even though he absolutely brings the sidecar alive like no other competitor, i never once feared for my safety.
If a rider makes you scared, or you doubt their judgement that is all you need to know.
People often ask me how it is i can get on the side of one, i ask them if they have ever flown to Australia, I mean, how the hell can you trust someone with an aeroplane that much?

Rhino
10th April 2007, 22:16
Pillioning comes down to trust. If a rider makes you scared, or you doubt their judgement that is all you need to know.

I would totally agree.:yes: My philosophy is "If I am happy to group ride with this individual, I will sit behind them on their bike."

Anyone else gets the "no thanks" answer when they ask if I want to pillion with them.

sidecar bob
10th April 2007, 22:32

For those who were not taking notice, i was the rider in this instance.
Isint it interesting that this person is also my favourite group ride companion due to being totally on to it on a bike.
I had never made the connection between the two.

Goblin
10th April 2007, 22:52
I had never made the connection between the two.Well you have now.:shutup: I didnt think I would enjoy it as much as I did. If I cant ride my own bike, at least I'm lucky enough to have mates to take me....thanks Bob!:first:

HDTboy
12th April 2007, 19:49
I'd take you Kel, I still owe you one too

Goblin
13th April 2007, 11:01

Might have to keep you up on that.;) It was funny with you on the back....most people who hop on the back are bigger than me which makes it interesting. Little Matthew(my 9 yr old) is the best pillion I've ever taken.

Reminds me of before I was a mum....boyfriend at the time was the worst pillion ever and used to sit right back and bolt upright which made it difficult to keep the front down. It was as if he had no balance and we'd wobble everywhere. One night after drinking at a mates place, I was too pissed to ride so he did and in my drunken state I was showing him how it felt to wobble around on the back like he did. He soon grew tired of my behaviour, stopped, got off the bike and said 'you blardy ride then!' I got to the first sharp corner and we fell off and slid across the road into the gutter. Picked the bike up and rode home but when we hopped off the whole tailpiece fell off. The rego on that bike was 63NTF and it got named Not Totally Fucked after that.

The Stranger
13th April 2007, 11:22

Are we still on the subject of pillioning here?

Goblin
13th April 2007, 11:36
Of course.:innocent:

sidecar bob
13th April 2007, 11:36
Are we still on the subject of pillioning here?
Why, what subject did you think we had defaulted to?:innocent:

The Stranger
13th April 2007, 11:48
Why, what subject did you think we had defaulted to?:innocent:

The other one.
Lets face it, there are only 2 aren't there?

buellbabe
13th April 2007, 12:05
WHY WOULD YA PILLION?

Personally I have no idea what motivates pillions but I have plenty of respect for them as it takes a LOT of skill to be a GOOD pillion passenger.

Its not for me, I have always owned and ridden my own bikes and in that time I have had some good and bad pillions.

One of my mates loved it so much that she would be waving her fist in the air shouting out in excitement as the sparks were coming up off the footpeg... now that is my kinda pillion!

Goblin
13th April 2007, 12:09
The other one.

Beer? :confused:

sidecar bob
13th April 2007, 12:11
The other one.

So hypothetically speaking, if you had a babe who was a total biker, that would be perfect??? :scooter: + :buggerd: = :love:

The Stranger
13th April 2007, 12:41
Beer? :confused:

Well sort of, more a lubricant though really to be used before after or during (or instead of) either of the other 2.

The Stranger
13th April 2007, 12:41
So hypothetically speaking, if you had a babe who was a total biker, that would be perfect??? :scooter: :buggerd: :2thumbsup

Yeah, now where would you find one of those I wonder?

LilSel
13th April 2007, 12:45
I loved going pillion with ex on the bike... (mine wont do 220+ lol!!) :rockon:

Manxman
14th April 2007, 19:55
Only did it once...as follows:

-Missus (8mths pregnant) & I had 3xhomestay guys during TT week on IOM about 12yrs ago
-was offered a pillion around the course...bring it on:scooter:
-would've preferred the Ducati 748, but it was monoposto
-ended up on a Thunderace1000
-pre-ride brief: don't move around and go with the flow of the bike...cool
-set off..WOOOHOOO:Punk:
-cos I knew the course, I was leaning into corners sooner than yer man...oops:shifty:
-topped 140mph over the Mountain...WOOOOOHOOOOOOO
-moved my head from behind yer man, and nearly got it ripped off from windblast:eek5:
-just before finish, we pulled over, to be overtaken 5 secs later by GSXR, who waves :finger:
-yer man quietly informs me that we've been racing him for the past 15kms:chase:
-LMFAO, cos I'm such an adrenaline high:rofl: :doobey:
-retire to pub to discuss and embellish the story:drinknsin with mates about the day we kicked foreign arse:kick: whilst 2 up

...best fun ever, and sowed the seeds for getting my own rocketship one day...

scrivy
14th April 2007, 21:05
Pillions are mad !!!
I couldn't trust anyone with my life.........

scrivy
14th April 2007, 21:08
Thankyou, Youre welcome, it was an absolute pleasure.:spanking: oops, wrong smiley.

What were you riding??? :shifty:
(Sorry......... the 125 or the BMW, or the Katana or the RSV? or something else.........) :bleh:

(Loved every second of it because I consider the rider an equal in terms of ability and experience.) Ability to do what??? Sexperience, what experience??
He's just a freeloader that follows me around !!!!!:dodge: :lol: and he's always behind me, so he can't be that good.....................

Daffyd
14th April 2007, 21:31
The last time I rode pillion was over 50 years ago, so I can't really comment.

strayjuliet
14th April 2007, 21:43
I enjoy being on the back of Wolf's bike, (if the seat wasnt so blardy uncomfortable that is) but anyway its nice to cruise along and wrap my arms around him in an embrace and feel the wind embracing me. I've even rode along holding my arms out to the side and pretended that I'm flying, its great. It has sparked me to get my own bike and my licence. I guess its just the togetherness that riding pillion brings that I love so much. I used to go on the back of an ex's bike when I was 14 and much slimmer, I made the bad mistake of wearing a miniskirt once :shit: (well what an experience that was) Riding along he stands up I damn near flip off the back of the bike. :gob: It was a old XJ 750 police special, no pillion seat just a cushion which kept moving under my butt.

slikchik
15th April 2007, 10:28
Hey that's pretty good. I seem to be only able to manage 220 on the GSXR (In top, perhaps in 5th it would go faster) 2up. The wall of air doesn't let up.

What bike were you on?

My partners hayabusa

slikchik
15th April 2007, 10:34

Oh yeah especially in summer when he doesnt wear a jacket (for little trips around town of course). I see all the car passengers looking at my partner slightly jealously when Im sitting behind him trying to hide the fact Im feeling his upper body up by giving him a shoulder massage!! hahaha:love:

slikchik
15th April 2007, 10:41
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
I seldom ride pillion and I seldom get anything out of it.
If I did it would strictly be an A to B thing because I'm C.
i.e
A=1. Pub or 2. somewhere far from B
B=Home
C=1. Pissed or 2. My bike is farked.

Interesting that you get the exhilaration fast thing as a pillion. Are you saying that you dont get it as a rider? Or is it the lack of control that you get a kick out of?

I think I just like going fast no matter what situation. Im just glad I wasnt the pillion when you and busaman had a wee greeting of bikes :yes:

scrivy
15th April 2007, 12:44
So hypothetically speaking, if you had a babe who was a total biker, that would be perfect??? :scooter: + :buggerd: = :love:

or is it the other way around??? :scooter: + :love: = :buggerd: ??

BarBender
15th April 2007, 21:27
I think I just like going fast no matter what situation. Im just glad I wasnt the pillion when you and busaman had a wee greeting of bikes :yes:

You truly are a speed freak then! :yes: Not many people can do fast in situations where they're not in control...me included!

Please say hi to Mal. It was an unfortunate incident with him which could have been worse...

...well later in the day at Taupo it did end up being a lot worse for me!!!

Goblin
16th April 2007, 10:12
What were you riding??? :shifty:
(Sorry......... the 125 or the BMW, or the Katana or the RSV? or something else.........) :bleh:

(Loved every second of it because I consider the rider an equal in terms of ability and experience.) Ability to do what??? experience, what experience??

He's just a freeloader that follows me around !!!!!:dodge: :lol: and he's always behind me, so he can't be that good.....................
Riding experience....the two wheeled variety.:innocent:

He is pretty good....for a freeloader:dodge: I've seen you in action too and I'd definately get on the back(or the side) with you. :ride:

The Stranger
16th April 2007, 14:20
I've seen you in action too and I'd definately get on my back(or the side) with you. :ride:

And here I was thinking you were a lovely sweet innocent thing.

sidecar bob
16th April 2007, 14:43
And here I was thinking you were a lovely sweet innocent thing.
Lovley & sweet, sure!!

scrivy
16th April 2007, 15:34
He is pretty good....for a freeloader:dodge: I've seen you in action too and I'd definately get on the back (or the side) with you. :ride:

I didn't think sidecar Bob was into 3 ways.... sidecar sandwiches, now that I could believe.... :yes: :eek: :whistle: :wacko:

inlinefour
16th April 2007, 15:42

for me its the fact that I can no longer ride, in fact I'm not even sure that I could be a pillion either...:shit:

Goblin
16th April 2007, 15:49
Sidecar sandwiches? And here I was thinking spitroast spectacular.:gob: :shutup:

sidecar bob
16th April 2007, 16:05
Sidecar sandwiches? And here I was thinking spitroast spectacular.:gob: :shutup:

Come on guys, cool it or Joni will be along to sort us out.

Goblin
16th April 2007, 16:14
:mellow: He started it....

sidecar bob
16th April 2007, 16:55
:mellow: He started it....
Priceless, How old are you again? :lol:

Joni
16th April 2007, 17:03
Come on guys, cool it or Joni will be along to sort us out.Ahem.... :zzzz:

What going on here then?

sidecar bob
16th April 2007, 17:07
Ahem.... :zzzz:

What going on here then?
Scrivy started it!! Hes been being rude Joni.:yes:
I think he needs a good :spanking: And goblin too, so long as she dosent enjoy it.

Joni
16th April 2007, 17:12
Hmm, that's the thing... I reckon you should spank Goblin... me doing it would just be wierd... :shit:

And as for Scrivy... hhhmmm, I think he would enjoy it too much, and Im not sure if I want to step into the realm of his fantasies... :whistle:

:shifty:

scrivy
17th April 2007, 09:12
Mr Dobalina!!! :shit:

I was refering to the fact that you enjoy your food.... as evidenced at Manfeild where you were the top chef on the Sidecar fraternitys BBQ. :first:

I also note that you were exstatic when told there would be a 'spit roast' at Pukekohe. You smiled for days prior...... :yes:
Admit it Bob, you love your food.... :bleh:

Actually, what rates higher for you...... FOOD or POON??? :innocent:

Chickadee
19th April 2007, 21:47
I've pillioned to help me get my mojo back after a bin (learning to take good lines again on corners). Big thanks to M1cro for doing that for me.

I think I'd pillion again, just would always have to be someone who's riding I trusted totally (like M1cro - or hubby once he has a full license).

Personally I like to ride myself, a control freak in most departments and when you're not at the controls, it's kinda gives you the shits!

The Stranger
19th April 2007, 22:33
Had occasion recently to be pillion on the back of my GSXR with R6 Kid at the controls.

NEVER again. That bastard is mad - that and i don't think a GSXR is designed for 200+ kg. Mind you I did feel something hard digging in my hands whilst they were braced against the tank under heavy braking, so I think he might have enjoyed it more than me.

Goblin
20th April 2007, 19:44
Mind you I did feel something hard digging in my hands whilst they were braced against the tank under heavy braking, so I think he might have enjoyed it more than me.:shit: And here I was thinking you were a straight and innocent old fulla.:mellow:

sidecar bob
20th April 2007, 20:13
:shit: And here I was thinking you were a straight and innocent old fulla.:mellow:

Remind you of a certian trip to the Mount does it Goblin?:D :shutup:

Blondini
20th April 2007, 20:17

OOOOO OOOO Pray tell:gob:

scrivy
20th April 2007, 20:23
:sick: Come on Dob, spit it out........:sick:

sidecar bob
20th April 2007, 20:27
OOOOO OOOO Pray tell:gob:
I see scrivy lurking, im sure he will make up something to satisfy you :laugh:

sidecar bob
20th April 2007, 20:29
I see scrivy lurking, im sure he will make up something to satisfy you :laugh:

And he beats me too it, Hmmm, no wonder we make a good team, i can read him like a book,
It'll be poon next, watch him.

scrivy
20th April 2007, 20:34
Bob, did you get that from chapter 4, page 9, paragraph 5? :sunny:

Goblin
20th April 2007, 20:39
Cant beat that expressway eh Bob?

So scrivy wrote the book eh? Hmmmm.....:shifty:

sidecar bob
20th April 2007, 21:05
Cant beat that expressway eh Bob?

So scrivy wrote the book eh? Hmmmm.....:shifty:

Na, He copied it.

Kickaha
20th April 2007, 21:47
:sick: Come on Dob, spit it out........:sick:

spit it out? you mean bob doesn't swallow :innocent:

The Stranger
20th April 2007, 23:50
:shit: And here I was thinking you were a straight and innocent old fulla.:mellow:

Look, I don't mind the other rumours, but old?
Mate, I am only 26 - just had a bloody hard life.

Ixion
21st April 2007, 00:00
for me its the fact that I can no longer ride, in fact I'm not even sure that I could be a pillion either...:shit:

With trepidation , least I cross a boundry of sensitivity, I woner if you are familiar with this (http://www.dreamfit.com.au/pages/motorcycles.php)

inlinefour
21st April 2007, 10:09
With trepidation , least I cross a boundry of sensitivity, I woner if you are familiar with this (http://www.dreamfit.com.au/pages/motorcycles.php)

I don't tred lightly anymore either. If I have to haul my arse onto the back of a bike, I'll have a go...

speeding_ant
21st April 2007, 10:48
I personally cant stand being a pillion, I'd rather be riding my own bike. But in saying that, I do love pillions on my bikes.. I guess its fun having someone to enjoy the experience on the bike just as much as you do. I've racked up thousands of kms with someone on the back and have learnt this: Only take someone who you can trust to do the job, not someone who just flops around on the back. Its actually quite hard to be a decent pillion, you can't just sit on like a roller coster. I have a list with only one or two people I can actually take on a bike fast.. Small, compact chicks with abs/thighs like steel. Its far easier as they do half the work, weigh next to nothing, and you hear screams of enjoyment coming from the back. ;) Nothing better

inlinefour
21st April 2007, 11:28
I personally cant stand being a pillion, I'd rather be riding my own bike. But in saying that, I do love pillions on my bikes.. I guess its fun having someone to enjoy the experience on the bike just as much as you do. I've racked up thousands of kms with someone on the back and have learnt this: Only take someone who you can trust to do the job, not someone who just flops around on the back. Its actually quite hard to be a decent pillion, you can't just sit on like a roller coster. I have a list with only one or two people I can actually take on a bike fast.. Small, compact chicks with abs/thighs like steel. Its far easier as they do half the work, weigh next to nothing, and you hear screams of enjoyment coming from the back. ;) Nothing better

Are you actually sure they are "screams of enjoyment coming from the back."???:done:

speeding_ant
21st April 2007, 11:31
Are you actually sure they are "screams of enjoyment coming from the back."???:done:

Hahaha. Yeah mate, sure as anything :p Smiles all round

inlinefour
21st April 2007, 11:38
Hahaha. Yeah mate, sure as anything :p Smiles all round

I'm getting used to the looks and screams of the locals when I run over the dumbarse's foot when they are not looking where they are going. Apparently it hurts been run over by a wheelchair, or so I'm told...:whocares:

yungatart
21st April 2007, 11:50
IL4, It does!!! I work with a girl who is in a wheelchair, she is real good at reversing over my foot - usually the one I broke a couple of years ago!!!

speeding_ant
21st April 2007, 11:59
I'm getting used to the looks and screams of the locals when I run over the dumbarse's foot when they are not looking where they are going. Apparently it hurts been run over by a wheelchair, or so I'm told...:whocares:

Haha nice one. It does hurt by the way :angry: :p On a more serious note, do you guys do it on purpose? I know I would :D

NotaGoth
21st April 2007, 13:51
I love going pillion... Maybe its the enjoyment of knowing and actually feeling how much trust you have for the person in front of you... Its just fantastic..

I went pillion with SpeedMedic and really really enjoyed myself.. I absolutely loved it.. though I felt sorry for him having to put up with the little sack of potatoes on the back, as it was a huge learning curve for me... But the feeling I had when I got off the bike was just.. Gosh I can't even explain it...Amazing....

I just guess that the feeling I was left with.. And realizing finally how much I trusted him as my friend, has left a lasting impression.. And I'll never wonder wether I should or should not go pillion with him again.. Cause I know I'll just do it without a second thought..

I now have my own bike.. But I'd still LOVE to keep going pillion..... (cept someones thrown a tanty bout that)

I guess for me now going pillion would be so that I could get to know roads that I haven't ridden before... Seeing what the roads like and kind of feeling it.. This way I'll kind of know what I'm in for before I actually take MY bike out there myself.. Just a bit of a boost for my confidence.. Instead of feeling like I'm going completely out into the unknown...

Disco Dan
21st April 2007, 14:44
There is only two people I trust enough to ride pillion, both have bikes over a litre and both have been riding for 10 years or more. I find it helpful to learn another persons riding style and see their lines etc.

Taking pillions? Well I like to have lots of practice, my GSX actually handles better with a pillion on the back (upto a certain weight of course).

WickedOne
21st April 2007, 14:55
I could probably count the people I would pillion with on one hand, I would not jump onto a bike with just anyone, I would have to be completely confident in their capabilities. As far as taking pillions, once you have ridden with someone as your pillion for a while you hardly notice that they are there and vice versa. Jacs has been pillioning with me for about nine months and I don't even notice her behind me. She no longer holds on at all and even falls asleep occasionally (through Waipoua Forrest, and Kopu/Hikawai Gorge)

inlinefour
23rd April 2007, 13:24
Haha nice one. It does hurt by the way :angry: :p On a more serious note, do you guys do it on purpose? I know I would :D

and there is only one person here on KBer that I would REALLY like to run the fark over. I only know of a handfull of people who know who that individual is and no, I doubt it if anyone here can guess who it is... :whocares:

ZeroIndex
23rd April 2007, 13:51
I love going pillion... Maybe its the enjoyment of knowing and actually feeling how much trust you have for the person in front of you... Its just fantastic..

I went pillion with SpeedMedic and really really enjoyed myself.. I absolutely loved it.. though I felt sorry for him having to put up with the little sack of potatoes on the back, as it was a huge learning curve for me... But the feeling I had when I got off the bike was just.. Gosh I can't even explain it...Amazing....

I just guess that the feeling I was left with.. And realizing finally how much I trusted him as my friend, has left a lasting impression.. And I'll never wonder wether I should or should not go pillion with him again.. Cause I know I'll just do it without a second thought..

I now have my own bike.. But I'd still LOVE to keep going pillion..... (cept someones thrown a tanty bout that)

I guess for me now going pillion would be so that I could get to know roads that I haven't ridden before... Seeing what the roads like and kind of feeling it.. This way I'll kind of know what I'm in for before I actually take MY bike out there myself.. Just a bit of a boost for my confidence.. Instead of feeling like I'm going completely out into the unknown...

Carver is a crazy person to go pillion with... I wanted to on a group ride when my bike was broken, and Carver said, yeah, you can pillion on the back of my GS500... Well, to cut a long story short: You know the sidecars at Paeroa, the pillions are called swingers, cause they hang right off the bike to get through corners? Well, that's what I ended up having to do, it was awesome :D

NotaGoth
23rd April 2007, 13:55
Carver is a crazy person to go pillion with... I wanted to on a group ride when my bike was broken, and Carver said, yeah, you can pillion on the back of my GS500... Well, to cut a long story short: You know the sidecars at Paeroa, the pillions are called swingers, cause they hang right off the bike to get through corners? Well, that's what I ended up having to do, it was awesome :D

Good thing you enjoyed it.. I'd have been scared.. I'll only ever go pillion with Glen..

I know bout the sidecars... Mum wanted to go pillion as a swinger with my old man.. She never got the chance though..

msm
23rd April 2007, 14:46
I don't have a choice, so it's a good thing I enjoy it :) My scooter isn't exactly going to take us both very far or very fast, so I hop on the back of thehollowmen's v-strom whenever we're going somewhere together. We just got back from a weekend trip to Dunedin, the ride down on Saturday was nice and comfy, but on the way up again yesterday it was raining and my bum was getting very sore (from the pillion seat, honest) so I was happy when it was all over. I do enjoy it, though. I keep hinting to get him to go faster :innocent:

The only thing that really bugs me is how turbulent and bouncy it gets on the back of the bike, and it takes a lot of fiddling with the suspension to get it just right for both of us. I can't duck down for cover behind thehollowmen when the wind knocks me about too much because we're both about the same height. But other than that it's good fun.

slikchik
23rd April 2007, 20:03
Trust is such a huge thing isnt it when it comes to being a pillion - but the driver also has to trust the pillion isnt going to try to stand the bike up around corners. of course the intercom system helps for those moments, although I just normally get "hold on!!"

Arthur
24th April 2007, 10:06
It's how my old man got me into riding - years ago, we'd go out around a mob of sheep with the TTR. One day while we were out bringing in a mob of sheep (me on foot), he asked if i wanted TO ride home (I heard him ask if I wanted A ride home), and i've never looked back since. Now it's how I get people into riding, first I take them for a ride, and if they're keen, then I teach them how to ride....

slikchik
25th April 2007, 20:35
You must have a wee bit of patience to be putting your hand up to teach people!!

Arthur
26th April 2007, 08:19
It's the only way to educate people about how exhilarating motorcycling really is. I only teach them how to ride if they are really keen though - If they come up to me and ask me to take them for a ride, no worries. The ones I keep my eyes open for are the ones who ask me to take them for a ride, then turn the conversation round to asking me to teach them how to ride. They are the ones worth converting to the joys of motorcycling... :rockon:

mstriumph
27th April 2007, 16:05

HEY!! we attended the launch/demonstration of those modified bikes over here in Perth!! Fookin AWSOME bro!!!!! [pm Spman for a more technical description]

joking aside, was impressive