PDA

View Full Version : chain

andy1
24th June 2003, 19:51
hi, i have had some people say to me that wd40 is really good stuff to clean ya chain. well i have found out that this stuff rotts your o-rings. and that lots of bikers are using it and buying new chains a lot, not knowing that wd40 is causing the problem(sometimes). im not to sure what else to use but i heard that Gt85 is good stuff. can anyone help me out. And chain lube? thanks
ciao ciao

Yamahamaman
24th June 2003, 20:17
I fitted a Scottoiler to my '99 R6 and the chain/sprockets were at the point of replacement when I sold the bike at 61000Km. First thing I did when I bought the '01 R6 was fit a Scottoiler - and no, I have nothing to do with the company that manufactures them.

Kwaka-Kid
24th June 2003, 21:11
you are friggin kidding me?

SIXTY ODD THOUSAND? from ZERO? from a chain and sprockets, all manufacturers? just from scottoiler? omfg, where do they sell these? wheres my wallet! seriously, please explain specifically...

im looking into this sorta stuff 2 as i need to buy new sprockets+chain for zxr400...

wkid_one
24th June 2003, 22:45
Andy - Simple Green Degreaser is fantastic for removing the residue from your chain and won't fuck your o or x rings.....good gp cleaner for the bike in total - esp rims

Yamahamaman
24th June 2003, 23:24
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
you are friggin kidding me?

Nope; no joke. Scottoiler can be obtained from any motorcycle shop. If they haven't got one in stock they will get one for you - same day usually. Last one I purchased was around the $210 mark if I recall correctly. So far, have done 28000Km and the chain has not and does not need any adjustment. Tony Rees in Whakatane will verify this - he services my bike.

Kwaka-Kid
25th June 2003, 05:02
okay, where is my wallet at lads! where is it hiding? come to popa u little empty black thing im gunna see what more i can shake outta ya!

dayum man, im a believer, that wasnt hard.  sick of chains killing themselves but mate, that info is great. so what do u fill scpottoilers with and hhow often?