PDA

View Full Version : Ah fu%k, what was that!

Trudes
6th April 2007, 16:22
Decided today to go down to the local training carpark and practice some emergency braking, slow speed u-turns and pillioning the boy on the back of my bike.
That done, headed over to the Pahatanui inlet to practice corners, sliding half a butt cheek off the seat and keeping the weight off my hands etc. Having fun, pretending to be a good girl when seeing Mr. Plod etc.
Heading home, come to the Newlands off ramp from Porirua side and decide to practice my cornering one last time on one of my favorite corners. Half way round I feel my foot being bashed about and the bike lurch slightly! "WTF!!!, Oh, I've just done my first peg scraping maneuver!!" Remembered to complete corner, merge with traffic, proceed to start cracking up and pull over to tell the other half what I just did! Got home and inspected the flat spot on my hero knob. Sweet!!! Bring on tomorrow!! :Punk:
(Gotta learn to go faster in order to be able to keep up when Mr Man gets his GSXR!)

Kendog
6th April 2007, 16:29
Looked cool from the back babe!!!

kiwisfly
6th April 2007, 17:11
A big opps moment that can now be thrashed further I guess!
Luck to ya!

Steam
6th April 2007, 17:17
Yowzer, wicked!
It's unexpected when it happens for the first time eh!
I have done it exactly once.
See you Sunday for the ride!

Trudes
6th April 2007, 17:17
Wasn't really an oops moment, more like a "Shit, did I just do what I think I did? That's so funny!", but definitely something that is now going to require some more practicing!:devil2:

Trudes
6th April 2007, 17:18
Yowzer, wicked!
It's unexpected when it happens for the first time eh!
I have done it exactly once.
See you Sunday for the ride!

For sure matey, bring on some more good weather!!:sunny:

KLOWN
6th April 2007, 17:32
WELL DONE ! I managed to get the pegs scraping on my rg150 twice. both times I was just out enjoying the ride. Whenever I tried to get it low and scrape I couldn't do it. So just go out and enjoy !

elle-f
6th April 2007, 19:21
well done girly! shit, i was just thinking - because my pegs are quite high and my tyre is interesting i would think that if i scraped the pegs i would be as i was going off!

i dont wanna do that!

Mr. Peanut
6th April 2007, 19:29
Scraped my pegs after 3000km of riding the NSR :sunny:

Lissa
6th April 2007, 19:32
Well done Trudes.... do a replay for me oneday, if I can keep up to watch that is :D

Hawkeye
6th April 2007, 19:37
Great feeling isn't it Mrs KD. It only took me one ride over the Takas on the 500 to do my first one. Never ever managed it on the CBX. First time always takes you by surprise. :gob:

Hawkeye
6th April 2007, 19:41
Looked cool from the back babe!!!

Ok! So you are allowed to make comments like that.
It's not gentlemen like to look at the ladies butts in front of you. It tends to put you off. Ask Ronin what happens when you fixate on Str8s rear end....:innocent:

Kendog
6th April 2007, 20:00
Ok! So you are allowed to make comments like that.
It's not gentlemen like to look at the ladies butts in front of you. It tends to put you off. Ask Ronin what happens when you fixate on Str8s rear end....:innocent:

I have paid for the bloody thing, so I can look whenever I like :dodge:

Hawkeye
6th April 2007, 20:12
I have paid for the bloody thing, so I can look whenever I like :dodge:

:rofl: Careful or you might just get a :kick: for comments like that

Rumour has it there's going to be the patter of a new arrival very shortly

Kendog
6th April 2007, 20:16
:rolf: Careful or you might just get a :kick: for comments like that

Rumour has it there's going to be the patter of a new arrival very shortly

:yes: I am good at dodging.

Just to be clear, the rumor does not involve the patter of little people feet, no way. It is the patter/rumble of a new arrival in the garage.

chanceyy
6th April 2007, 20:20
Noice one there girl .. laffing can imagine Mr KD laffing when he seen it too ;)

MotoGirl
6th April 2007, 20:24
Half way round I feel my foot being bashed about and the bike lurch slightly! "WTF!!!, Oh, I've just done my first peg scraping maneuver!!"

Well done! If you think that was fun, try it on a 300kg cruiser with full running boards! :doh:

Hawkeye
6th April 2007, 20:25
:yes: I am good at dodging.

Just to be clear, the rumor does not involve the patter of little people feet, no way. It is the patter/rumble of a new arrival in the garage.

That is what I mean't. Something for Mrs KD to aspire to :innocent:

MotoGirl
6th April 2007, 21:02

The choices: a mini-human or another bike :gob: Hmm, it's a hard choice, hence we're all on Kiwi Biker, not Kiwi Parent :yes:

Trudes
6th April 2007, 21:06

Oh good god NOOOOOOO! Honestly, I'd be a terrible mum and that's a good enough reason for me to never have them!:done:

Hawkeye
6th April 2007, 22:34

Oh good god NOOOOOOO! Honestly, I'd be a terrible mum and that's a good enough reason for me to never have them!:done:

Ok Lets start again....

Mr Kendog. I hear you are getting a new bike soon?

The new bike will be - Something for Mrs Kendog to aspire to

Sheesh I know it's late, but come on, stay with me here...:zzzz:

Trudes
6th April 2007, 23:31
LOL, have a beer mate! We are a difficult couple!

Korea
8th April 2007, 12:31
Nice one ~ but careful now... :rockon:

NZsarge
8th April 2007, 14:16
Sweet! only one problem with getting ya peg down is you kinda crave it every time you go out, well i do anyway. I feel like it was'nt quite a proper ride unless i do. Yes i know that does sound a little silly but hey.. Got the exaughst can to deck out yesterday on the way over the Pahiatua track, that did'nt feel cool, upset the bike a wee bit.

Trudes
8th April 2007, 15:35
Holy shit!! Maybe it's cause I have under-seat exhausts that I can't imagine scraping those!! In fact if I did, the rest of the bike and me would be skidding along the ground, so I think I'll pass on that one!!
Went round same corner today, admired my line of metal I'd left on the ground and tried really hard NOT to scrape pegs today, tried to get my knee down instead!:innocent:

Scamp
8th April 2007, 16:28
I can only imagine how you felt Mrs KD. Hopefully one day (doesn't have to be too soon) I'll be posting a thread like this myself. :rockon:

Well done and good luck with getting that knee down

Trudes
8th April 2007, 16:37
Thanks doll, are you coming on the ride next Sunday? Heard a lot about you today :msn-wink:

Scamp
8th April 2007, 16:47
I don't know what Hawkeye's been saying, but it's all lies!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it next week, couldn't today as I had my little ones. Although if I could have gotten a hold of two little person's helmets and two really trustworthy fully licensed people then I guess I could have ruined everyone elses day by bringing them along...... :shutup:

granma2
18th April 2007, 06:35
Hi Mrs Kendog,

The feeling of getting the peg dowm is good.

It is a little scary too.

A wee tip for you though. If you get off the bike more, ie hang off the seat,
drop your shoulder and get your head down closer to the tank, your peg will not touch the ground.

This means the peg wont dig in and throw you off the bike. Reason for getting off the bike more is that you can go around the corner faster but without having to lean the bike over so far.

Having been given this tip by some experienced bike racers. It has meant that I havent come off either my bucket or the CBR.
Ive seen some nasty accidents at racing from pegs digging in to the tarmac.
Keep practising though, and get some knee sliders, they save the grazed knees.

Trudes
18th April 2007, 07:29
Thanks granma, great advice.
My dear hubby told me the same thing after I did it, so I've been practicing throwing my weight into the corner and almost pushing the bike up to keep it more vertical. It seems to be working, but feels really strange, I'm sure if I had a sprotsbike it would be easier, as my seat on the Hornet is not really designed for having half my arse hanging off, but figured that general weight distribution should work just as effectively. I will continue practicing.
Thanks for the encouragement!!:sunny:

NZsarge
18th April 2007, 07:47
Thanks granma, great advice.
My dear hubby told me the same thing after I did it, so I've been practicing throwing my weight into the corner and almost pushing the bike up to keep it more vertical. It seems to be working, but feels really strange, I'm sure if I had a sprotsbike it would be easier, as my seat on the Hornet is not really designed for having half my arse hanging off, but figured that general weight distribution should work just as effectively. I will continue practicing.
Thanks for the encouragement!!:sunny:
Nah Mrs K, dun need a sports bike to hang of it. once you get used to "hanging off" the bike cornering it with ya bum in the middle of the seat will feel a bit weird. You have a Honda Hornet yes?

NZsarge
18th April 2007, 07:55
:yes: Ah yes....I see you do...havin your pipes coming up under the seat is good coz grounding them on the road tends to mess them up a bit. Don't forget those knee sliders betore the knee goes down otherwise it could be painful :yes:

SixPackBack
18th April 2007, 09:22

Kendog
18th April 2007, 14:04
No comment :innocent:

Trudes
18th April 2007, 19:07
:yes: Ah yes....I see you do...havin your pipes coming up under the seat is good coz grounding them on the road tends to mess them up a bit. Don't forget those knee sliders betore the knee goes down otherwise it could be painful :yes:

Thanks, will continue the practice, and I just got some leather sport pants from Quasi with Big Arsed knee sliders, so my goal is to try and scuff them up a bit!!:scooter:

elle-f
22nd April 2007, 06:14
i scraped my foot twice on the takas last weekend :laugh: *claim to fame*

Trudes
22nd April 2007, 09:26
Nice stuff Elle, you will need to get some toe sliders for those new boots I think!

smoky
22nd April 2007, 09:46
I tend to scrape the pegs everytime I go out, not trying to - I need to learn to shift my weight a bit. My feet are so bloody big they scrape on the road all the time and I'm wearin my boots out. I try to ride with my toes up on the pegs now.
I think a Bandit is prone to scraping?