PDA

View Full Version : Hear I am

Fryin Finn
26th August 2004, 14:14
Thought I'd hook up on this forum as I like to speak my mind and not mind my speech regarding things Motorcycles. I have 3 bikes all Yamahas - XJR 1300, WR450 and SRX 600 and a wreck in the basement - 1978 YZ400E
Some people might know me from my previous bike a red TRX 850 I've been riding round Wellington since 96'.
I look forward to foisting my opinions and Offending fellow forum users in the near future :msn-wink:

Hitcher
26th August 2004, 14:36
Welcome to our gargre. We enjoy a bit of heated discussion on the odd issue or two, from time to time, and all in the best possible taste! (Of course)

vifferman
26th August 2004, 14:45
Welcome to our gargre. We enjoy a bit of heated discussion on the odd issue or two, from time to time, and all in the best possible taste! (Of course)Sounds like too much time spent watching Kenny Everett...

I have 3 bikes all Yamahas - XJR 1300, WR450 and SRX 600 and a wreck in the basement - 1978 YZ400ESo... if the YZ's in the basement, which rooms of the house are the other bikes in?

James Deuce
26th August 2004, 15:00
A man with excellent manufacturer taste!

Welcome to KB.

vifferman
26th August 2004, 15:11
A man with excellent manufacturer taste!Must ride me a Yamaha again soon. Haven't done so since back in 85 when I worked on a farm. Strange.
I test rode all sorts of bikes in the last few years, but no Yammies among em. First bike I ever rode was a Yamaha.

Hitcher
26th August 2004, 15:51
Sounds like too much time spent watching Kenny Everett...
Guilty as charged. May he rest in peace.

vifferman
26th August 2004, 15:59
Guilty as charged. May he rest in peace.My bro-in-law is in the TV industry (used to work for NZBC, then South Pacific) and the Christmas out-take tapes they used to get from the UK of the likes of Kenny E were quite outrageously funny.
I liked the skit Kenny got into mucho hot water over, something like: "When we were ruled by an emperor, we were an empire; when we were ruled by a king, we were a kingdom; but now we're ruled by Thatcher, we're just a country".

Cajun
26th August 2004, 16:31
welcome Fryin Finn
nice bikes those xjr1300

Ms Piggy
26th August 2004, 17:07
Welcome to the site - look forward to reading what you've gotta say. You can never have too many opinions being bandied about on here! :niceone:

toads
26th August 2004, 18:06
Thought I'd hook up on this forum as I like to speak my mind and not mind my speech regarding things Motorcycles. I have 3 bikes all Yamahas - XJR 1300, WR450 and SRX 600 and a wreck in the basement - 1978 YZ400E
Some people might know me from my previous bike a red TRX 850 I've been riding round Wellington since 96'.
I look forward to foisting my opinions and Offending fellow forum users in the near future :msn-wink:

gidday and welcome, I'm sure you will fit in just fine with all the bike nutters here, cheers Lucy

riffer
26th August 2004, 19:26
Yay another Yamaha rider!

Good job. Nice to have you here Fryin Finn.

The Suzuki riders have had their way on Kiwibiker for far too long ;)

Blakamin
26th August 2004, 19:33
More Yammies!.....YAY

welcome aboard, and watch out for me, i'm gunna become the next froum whore! :ride:

Gasman
26th August 2004, 22:22
Welcome along from an ex Yamaha rider (650 Twin). Great bike, which I loved. Long gone now though, and never ridden a Yammy since.

Fry on!

LB
27th August 2004, 06:13
.Hi Finn, welcome to the KB site. It's a great place, lots of lively debate, and lots of shared knowledge. :niceone:

Hey, if you're free on Thurs the 9th of September, come to the KB Curry night in Lower Hutt - here's the thread:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=3832

There's over 30 of us going, it'll be a great night.

I hope you didn't get too wet when you left John and Clare's on Sunday - just after we left it started pissing down, and we thought of you.

Anyway, enjoy the site. I'm the quiet shy one here (just like in real life eh?!) :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

F5 Dave
27th August 2004, 11:43
Thought of you & laughed I bet! Shame on you Lynda. :no:

Mind you getting stuck in that traffic by Mckays the bike would have been a better bet.

Cheers

FROSTY
27th August 2004, 11:48
pull up a pew. siddown, our gargre is your gargre.
a man of impeccable taste. a rider of the best bikes around. :moon:

Fryin Finn
27th August 2004, 14:11
Thanks for your welcoming messages. The Indian dinner invite is tempting but I shall be winging (whinging?) my way to the UK. I'm off to give Ben and Josh a pat on the back at the Irish MX GP. :niceone:
All my bikes are garaged but I'm reserving the lounge for an MV Augusta F4 1000 in case I win Lotto. The TV will have to make way.
My Helmet Cam arrived yesterday - so if an XJR comes up behind you :moon: you may be caught on film

pete376403
27th August 2004, 16:38
HI and welcome. I also have an old Yamaha 400, mines the IT.Not precisely sure what year but its the one with the steel swingarm. How wrecked is the YZ? Were YZ brakes and better that the SLS drum on the IT?

Fryin Finn
30th August 2004, 09:01
I owned the first IT 175 E in 1978. All the It models then had a steel swingarm
The YZ's went to aluminium swingarms on the F model but I'm not sure when the IT's wnt alloy - probably the G model as I know the 175 model had an alloy swinger (I nearly bought one but got a PE instead)
The YZ in the basement is missing a swingarm and monocross unit. And the engine and gearbox is in bits so probably plenty of parts missing there to.
As I recall YZ brakes were better than IT brakes (less weight to stop?)

scumdog
30th August 2004, 09:22
My bro-in-law is in the TV industry (used to work for NZBC, then South Pacific) and the Christmas out-take tapes they used to get from the UK of the likes of Kenny E were quite outrageously funny.
I liked the skit Kenny got into mucho hot water over, something like: "When we were ruled by an emperor, we were an empire; when we were ruled by a king, we were a kingdom; but now we're ruled by Thatcher, we're just a country".

And who could forget the "and now for the naughty bit.."

WELCOME to the KB gargre of idiots, pompous twats, religious bigots and other self opinionated riders of horses of steel - they're all a great bunch but you don't want to take 'em TOO seriously. :ride:

SPman
30th August 2004, 20:29
Particularly that guy called....um ...er...Scumdog..yeah, thats it.

FROSTY
31st August 2004, 11:57
And who could forget the "and now for the naughty bit.."

WELCOME to the KB gargre of idiots, pompous twats, religious bigots and other self opinionated riders of horses of steel - they're all a great bunch but you don't want to take 'em TOO seriously. :ride:
Idiots indeed --we all think everything we say through thouroughly.
Noone jumps to conclusions or makes smart alec comments here.
You can always rely on getting totally correct information at all times.
--OMG what was that --a flying pig??????

magnum
19th September 2004, 13:13
a belated hello and welcome :done:

inlinefour
28th January 2005, 00:02
Welcome and enjoy :banana: