PDA

View Full Version : Binned Bandit (7 April)

speeding_ant
7th April 2007, 15:47
Just binned it about 30 mins ago. Went round a right hand corner around karori, there was a strange lump of road, a lot higher that the rest right in my path. Tried to avoid it but the exhausts hit it and the bike lurched. Down i went! I was going 40-50km/h.

Thankfull I had just installed crash knobs so the majority of the damage has been done only to the exhusts. The back brake lever has been snapped off and the exhausts are completely scratched up.. The forks are also out of alignment. Also the right back indicator is buggered. Hopefully all this won't be too expensive.. :( We'll see. You should see the crash knobs... impressive!! Saved a lot of bike

I walked away scratch free, thankfully only a short "graze" up the side of my jacket. Buying top of the line gear really does make a difference!!

Now to start getting busy.. Its gotta be ridable by tomorrow!! Thank goodness I happened to have a spare brake lever and back right indicator. What are the odds?? :rockon:

skidMark
7th April 2007, 15:54
oh dear well at least your ok

but hey you made the guy fall off his scooter, justin timberlake was right , what goes around comes all the way back aroundddd...yeahhhh

tl_tub
7th April 2007, 15:58
You fool! We only just made those forks semi straight! :P Glad to hear your ok man!

Jantar
7th April 2007, 16:12
So what was the strange lump in the road?

pzkpfw
7th April 2007, 16:29
So what was the strange lump in the road?

A scooter?

Chisanga
7th April 2007, 16:39
A scooter?

A scooter rider?

P.S. Glad you're ok man :)

speeding_ant
7th April 2007, 16:44
Hahaha! Enough about the scooters!! :) The road was raised... Shoddy road working maybe?

And yeah, karma maybe? *rustling trees* maybe.......

dogsnbikes
7th April 2007, 16:44
lucky for you the Big Reds are no longer or you may have been his strange bump in the road

at least your ok and damage is minimal now just get back out and conquer that bump

speeding_ant
7th April 2007, 16:46
Big Reds? Please explain.. I dont enjoy being a bump in the road more than the next guy

dogsnbikes
7th April 2007, 16:53
Guess your not from the 70's then or you would of remebered the big red buses of the 80's known as big reds there brakes werent the best:gob:

and being a bump in the road for someone else isnt a plan any off us have :dodge:

speeding_ant
7th April 2007, 17:09
:D fair enough. Not one of my ambitions, to be hit by a big red bus.. I'm sure I'm speaking for a majority!

I'm not too angry about the crash, those big black bungs really work! Hopefully its just a re-align of the forks too. Wish me luck... :| I need to be in palmy tomorrow.

rwh
7th April 2007, 17:22
Just binned it about 30 mins ago. Went round a right hand corner around karori

Oh shit. Orange and black bandit, with pillion standing on the footpath, just down from the fire station? I saw you there, and contemplated stopping, but you seemed ok; I figured you were just collecting or dropping off your pillion.

Glad to hear you're ok.

Richard

Ronin
7th April 2007, 18:41
Glad your ok mate.

skidMark
7th April 2007, 19:04
:D fair enough. Not one of my ambitions, to be hit by a big red bus.. I'm sure I'm speaking for a majority!

I'm not too angry about the crash, those big black bungs really work! Hopefully its just a re-align of the forks too. Wish me luck... :| I need to be in palmy tomorrow.

um is your pillion ok?

cynna
7th April 2007, 19:21
karma.........

Meekey_Mouse
7th April 2007, 19:29
Glad to hear your ok :)

Bruiser
7th April 2007, 19:55
What he said!

skidMark
7th April 2007, 20:07
What he said!

*she lol

and yes karma is a motherfucker

NZsarge
7th April 2007, 21:03
Good to hear you're all good, lot easier to fix a bike than flesh and bones, cold comfort maybe but true.

speeding_ant
7th April 2007, 21:32
Oh shit. Orange and black bandit, with pillion standing on the footpath, just down from the fire station? I saw you there, and contemplated stopping, but you seemed ok; I figured you were just collecting or dropping off your pillion.

Glad to hear you're ok.

Richard

Yeah that was the one. I went back to the scene shortly after because I remember a bus drove past after and shot whatever it was onto the side of the road. Turned out to be a lot of small concrete bits!!! Must have hit one while going round the corner. How the hell does something like that find its way onto the road............... :angry: Oh, did I mention I had a pillion? *whistle* Minor details :mellow: He is fine. Thank goodness I had him all kitted out.. Just a sore bum. First thing I checked on wasnt the bike... He seemed to be content jumping up and down holding his ass though! I'm thankful the accident didnt turn out to be worse. And yes... karma is a bitch.

I just spent a few hours making sure everything is OK. I will need new engine mounting bolts for the right side, and the steering head needs weilding. Also the exhaust will need replacement (can end) as it has nearly been grounded to the core. An excuse for a loud can? I think so. Also need to get a replacement big black bung for the right side. The previous one saved my bikes ass!!

I replaced the back brake lever, brake switch, re-aligned the forks, replaced the indicator with something temp (until I get the nice buell ones again) and did a once over on the bike. It seems to be making some odd engine noises, probably carbon buildup becoming loose...? I might get someone to take the head off and inspect it just to be sure.

Any advise people can give about what to check for (just in case) please let me know. I think I've nearly covered all post crash inspections... :yes:

Thanks guys.

skidMark
7th April 2007, 21:51
I just spent a few hours making sure everything is OK. I will need new engine mounting bolts for the right side, and the steering head needs weilding. Also the exhaust will need replacement (can end) as it has nearly been grounded to the core. An excuse for a loud can? I think so. Also need to get a replacement big black bung for the right side. The previous one saved my bikes ass!!

I replaced the back brake lever, brake switch, re-aligned the forks, replaced the indicator with something temp (until I get the nice buell ones again) and did a once over on the bike. It seems to be making some odd engine noises, probably carbon buildup becoming loose...? I might get someone to take the head off and inspect it just to be sure.

Any advise people can give about what to check for (just in case) please let me know. I think I've nearly covered all post crash inspections... :yes:

Thanks guys.

throw it away LOL