PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Kerikeri KB afterwork/250cc Ride

CBobR
8th April 2007, 14:46
There's a few KB posters near Kerikeri now, so some of us thought a local ride was in order. After not much discussion, the plan was semi-finalised at 11pm last night. 12 hours later we were off.

First stop was the Frigate Canterbury moored at Opua being made ready to become an artificial reef. Only a gold coin donation to get on. You could see the bridge and the helicopter hanger.

Then off to do the Matauri Bay loop. Only 90km round trip begining and ending at The Pioneer bar in Waipapa, not bad for an after work ride eh.

The loop was great, tight in places and heaps of scenery. The surface was a bit marginal in places after the heavy rain, but we weren't caught out at all. Not as flowing as the Maungamukas, but more accessible and more interesting than SH16 I reckon.

Back to Kerikeri and we went our own way.

Note: due to injury and illness numbers were down on the day, but I thought it was still a great start for the Keri KB people. More notice on the next ride for sure :).

MrMelon
8th April 2007, 15:33
Ah I saw that bike parked outside the dentist last time I was in Keri a few months back!

CBobR
8th April 2007, 17:56
Yep that it! She's pretty distinctive :o, have had a lot of fun gathering character :sunny:.

Plenty of life left for other KB Kerikeri runs if anyone is keen :).

NotaGoth
10th April 2007, 19:27
Okay, if you ain't working next weekend I'll be keen to do the Bays Loop Road... For obvious reasons... Just be patient with my snails pace...

I will honestly try my best though... And would be nice to have someone else with me....

Have already been on the recieving end of people really dangerously over taking me and pulling back in on blind corners and stuff... So I'm a bit tetchy... :(

T.I.E
10th April 2007, 19:32
didnt see the ride. bugger. ill be in for the next. but give me some warning im keen.
send me a pm if it looks like something will happen.
pics look good too.

CBobR
5th May 2007, 19:03
Another great Kerikeri KB ride today, cheers to all who came, was great to meet you.

A ride of variety; straights, corners, scenery, icecream, bikes from 250-1200cc, fours, twins, japanese, american.

The pic shows SpinFx's customised Buell, and my "customised" Honda, on a glorious Paihia afternoon.

Everyone welcome to future rides (though organising is not my strong point, so it helps if you answer midnight PMs or are ready to go at 20mins notice :). We're working on our forward planning :sunny:)

NotaGoth
5th May 2007, 19:14
All the while I was stuck at work...!!!!!!!!! :mellow:

Looks/sounds like you guys had a good day... Shame I missed it... :bye:

SpinFx
5th May 2007, 19:52
Yeah mate, it was a good ride this avo, meeting KB members and sharing the scenery. Even got to see " The World " .......or was it the Pacific Princess.
Awesome ride for a mid afternoon, Count me in on the next one.

Looking forward to many more and some new faces too. Cheers

SpinFx
5th May 2007, 20:03
Hey TIE..... I was just reading some old posts and messages, ........
Are you working at Touch 'o' Country ??? I occasionally call in when heading down to Whangas and on return. I also did the signs for there too.
Let us know and I'll make an effort to catch up next time passing.

T.I.E
5th May 2007, 20:26
yep im a kitchen bitch (KB)
i only work mornings at the mo. got to love ACC.
and our northern sign got tagged the other month, shame.
gotta ask a question, can ya do some land for sale signs? with pictures of land etc?
ill have to come check out where ya work.
and if yall ever have another kerikeri meeting do let me know. pm me.
im keen.

CBobR
5th May 2007, 23:18
cool, sounds like some interest for another :), maybe with a bit more planning.

Tentative suggestion: half day ride from Kerikeri to everyones favourite set of corners. All paces, plenty of regrouping stops.

A less general aside ride, I've heard of a nice 4wd trail near Kaitaia good for an adventure bike ride, anyone heard of it?

SpinFx
6th May 2007, 09:29
Yeah we can do those sweet as......Halvo Signs Kerikeri, Mill Lane. 407 5350

SpinFx
8th May 2007, 19:13
Mothers day this sunday :love: so I'm out....my birthday the night before so will be too wobbly that day also. :sick:
How about sunday 20th, say a 12 oclock start from Kawakawa?? :rockon:

NotaGoth
13th May 2007, 23:44
Mothers day this sunday :love: so I'm out....my birthday the night before so will be too wobbly that day also. :sick:
How about sunday 20th, say a 12 oclock start from Kawakawa?? :rockon:

You were out for lunch correct?

NotaGoth
13th May 2007, 23:45
3 more weeks CB and I get a whole weekend off.. Til then its only weekdays... *cry* But I'll be keen for a ride over my weekend off.. ;)

SpinFx
14th May 2007, 10:06
You were out for lunch correct?

yep, recovered from a hang over pretty quick and ended up going to my mums for a ride in Dargaville via whangarei road.

NotaGoth
14th May 2007, 13:36
yep, recovered from a hang over pretty quick and ended up going to my mums for a ride in Dargaville via whangarei road.

Hmm.. Thought I recognize you..

CBobR
14th May 2007, 23:02
Sunday the 20th is looking good. Did another work trip up the way, great condition.

Til then its only weekdays...
Could have an extended lunchtime ride oneday, little excuse needed :).

NotaGoth
14th May 2007, 23:07
Sunday the 20th is looking good. Did another work trip up the way, great condition.

Could have an extended lunchtime ride oneday, little excuse needed :).

For you guys but not for me I'll be stuck at work.. *sigh*

Another work trip up to Taupo Bay...? Thanks for the ride last time btw...

Well if you can get away from work for a lunchtime one I'll be keen on one of my days off..

I'm so lonely stuck at home on my own..

SpinFx
16th May 2007, 19:19
Hmm.. Thought I recognize you..

???????? where did you see me ??? , was it that black flash of light on the highway ( lol ) I was riding down to whangarei with my mate, I was on the buell, he was on his HD.

Damn spies everywhere :innocent: lol

NotaGoth
16th May 2007, 22:58
???????? where did you see me ??? , was it that black flash of light on the highway ( lol ) I was riding down to whangarei with my mate, I was on the buell, he was on his HD.

Damn spies everywhere :innocent: lol

Maybe you aren't who I thought you were.... lol

dnos
18th May 2007, 10:18
Hey are you guys still thinking of a ride this weekend?

CBobR
18th May 2007, 10:37
Yep, Sunday, leave Kawakawa/Kerikeri about lunchtime, heading North.
All welcome :sunny:

Also, sorry Kittie I finally organised myself a long lunch for today but then realised you were working, d'oh. Maybe next week.

Extremely short notice ride idea: Anyone want to ride from Kerikeri to Kaikohe to get some KFC for lunch today?
*edit* I ended up going to subway instead, chicken bacon ranch with double meat

SpinFx
18th May 2007, 12:16
Yep I'm still keen at this stage, riding to Whangas on Saturday but back that avo.

NotaGoth
18th May 2007, 19:01
Yep, Sunday, leave Kawakawa/Kerikeri about lunchtime, heading North.
All welcome :sunny:

Also, sorry Kittie I finally organised myself a long lunch for today but then realised you were working, d'oh. Maybe next week.

Extremely short notice ride idea: Anyone want to ride from Kerikeri to Kaikohe to get some KFC for lunch today?
*edit* I ended up going to subway instead, chicken bacon ranch with double meat

Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :( No fair.. 3 more days 3 more days... *twitch*

I might be moving out the bay now.. :( :(

First weekend I have off I'll let you know..

CBobR
19th May 2007, 19:23
Hokey Dokey, so Mobil Kawakawa at 12, Kerikeri roundabout (big one on the state highway) at 12:30. Weather forecast looks good.
Seeyou.

I might be moving out the bay now..
Ah well, you'll get plenty of cornering practice :), will be fun

98tls
19th May 2007, 19:30
Off topic i know........do any of you guys up there know a bloke called Graham Macarthur.......? An old mate who moved up that way many years ago......would love to know how hes getting on.........

NotaGoth
20th May 2007, 05:13
Off topic i know........do any of you guys up there know a bloke called Graham Macarthur.......? An old mate who moved up that way many years ago......would love to know how hes getting on.........

Does he have a partner called Helen...?

CBobR
20th May 2007, 16:00
A high reving 250 themed ride today, nice to meet you Dean.

First off the local training circle, then up the Maungamuka Gorge for a quick play. The gorge was in fine form, completely dry the whole way through despite a few damp corners either side. Sorry no pics of the gorge, a still camera wouldn't do it justice.

Stopped at Kaitaia for a yarn with the locals, then a nice cruise down the East Coast back to Kerikeri.

Will have to get dnos to the next trackday, leaving his pyrotechnic centrestand at home though :).

SpinFx
20th May 2007, 21:05
man I'm so pissed I could'nt make it, there were heaps of bikes out today.
( Although in conselation Hitch and I went for a ride into Kaikohe early this morning ). Hopefully I will be at the next one.

NotaGoth
20th May 2007, 21:49
And there I sat broken hearted watching bikes... They were everywhere.. :(

CBobR
20th May 2007, 22:06
And there I sat broken hearted watching bikes... They were everywhere.. :(

We were thinking of you mate, don't worry you can have a laugh at us stuck at work on tuesday when you are out practicing :).

NotaGoth
20th May 2007, 22:09
We were thinking of you mate, don't worry you can have a laugh at us stuck at work on tuesday when you are out practicing :).

Yeah I'll like ride up to your work and pull a mean as stoppie.. Rip a few mean as burnouts.. Then wheelie on outta there... While flipping you the bird.. ;)

CBobR
20th May 2007, 22:18
:), that would be awesome!

Did see a few bikes out today. Forgot most, but I remember an SP1, an SV650 with screen, hyosung GT250R. Got a lap and a half of the gorge in.

dnos
21st May 2007, 12:00
Thanks for the ride dude, really enjoyed it. And the weather held out well.
The centrestand may be looked at closely this week (but it comes in very handy at times :( )

There were plenty of bikes about all day, saw a whole bunch parked up at the Kerikeri bakehouse on my way to meet CBobR.

CBobR
21st May 2007, 19:46
Just chucking a few more ideas out for future rides:

Short (less than 2 hrs):
-Matauri Bay Loop
-Keri, Okaihau, Ohaewai, Paihia, Kawakawa Figure 8
-Taupo Bay
-Horeke (never actually been here)

Medium (4 hrs or so):
-Helena Bay Rd
-Kaitaia via Maungamukas
-Opononi, Dargaville, twin-bridges.
-Whangarei Heads and up the coast.

Any favourites/other suggestions?

Maybe a night ride? Not much on telly lately and apart from quiz night at Citrus, town is pretty quiet midweek. It's still nice and warm, photos of scenery turn out a bit average after 6pm though.

NotaGoth
22nd May 2007, 07:30
Could you please change the 2 hour ride to 5, and the 4 hour ride to 7... You need to make that adjustment time for kittie.. :dodge:

SpinFx
30th May 2007, 23:32
Well............I officially work in Kerikeri full time now ( Mill Lane ) and will make the home move to Waipapa tomorrow, So now I'll be terrorising the streets of Kerikeri on the buell. Hope to see you all out for a ride soon.....:scooter:

NotaGoth
2nd June 2007, 19:19
Well............I officially work in Kerikeri full time now ( Mill Lane ) and will make the home move to Waipapa tomorrow, So now I'll be terrorising the streets of Kerikeri on the buell. Hope to see you all out for a ride soon.....:scooter:

Awesome stuff....

I've also just shifted house also.. Not any closer to my work though...

We'll see what happens in the next 6 months or so though...

Will maybe see you all around... Sucks cause my bikes stuck at mums.. I have no lockable gagre... *sigh*

SpinFx
17th June 2007, 09:53
Yep............ all settled in to the new house up Pungaeare Road finally. Unfortunately I've now got 5 kms of metal road to deal with.
I've finally got a garage now too so I've taken the bike off the road over winter to do a few mods and some customizing......she's getting a full repaint and some airbrushing also.
However I will keep in touch and can have her on the road again pretty quick so just let me know when you guys are going for another ride.

CBobR
18th June 2007, 17:14
I'm down to no bikes at the moment too, one sold and one having work. I should be back on the road in a couple of weeks though (target is a Taupo trackday).

I think I hear the Buell past my office a bit before 5pm some days.

SpinFx
25th June 2007, 15:56
I wish it was me, but she's parked up in the shed being modified at the moment.......... But be assured it will be on the road again soon and worth the wait.......

Then your'll definately hear me going past. :scooter:

New Exhaust, Flamed Corbin Gunfighter Seat, New Tank Panels, Hyper Unit Air Filter, Painted Mags, New chrome Mirrors & Footpegs, All Stainless Steel Bolts etc, Polished Alloy Rims and Tail Section, New Paint & Custom Airbrushing.............to name just a few.:first:

Damn.....I'll be too broke to put gas in it :shit:

NotaGoth
4th July 2007, 11:52
starting my 2nd shift back at work tomorrow.. *is all healed up* just the odd tweak here and there... So I'm back in my boots... :D

SpinFx
5th July 2007, 16:32
good on ya kiti, we will have to all catch up some time when the weather settles. My partner HITCH is keen to go for a ride with you, she's still learning too so you gals should be a good riding match.
Till then...... work hard, play harder.

NotaGoth
5th July 2007, 20:20
good on ya kiti, we will have to all catch up some time when the weather settles. My partner HITCH is keen to go for a ride with you, she's still learning too so you gals should be a good riding match.
Till then...... work hard, play harder.

Bout time too.. Housebound sucks.. And its a huge step from a couple of weeks ago...

She can't be that keen..!!! Ask Wayne.. I'm useless..Took long enough for me to stop being shy and actually go riding with him...

So long as shes okay with me going super slow.. :shutup:

More like.. Work hard, can't play cause I'm too tired.. :mellow:

SpinFx
18th July 2007, 16:59
So did you guys all survive the flooding ?????

dnos
19th July 2007, 09:43
No problems for me, the weather hasn't been that great for riding though.

CBobR
19th July 2007, 23:38
Yep no major dramas here either. Just a bit of a leak in the office roof and a broken window in the shed. Some flooding on my commute for a few days so was missing my offroad bike.

I went up the gorge yesterday, still some gravel and mud spread around so might give it another couple of weeks.

SpinFx
24th July 2007, 15:20
well i nearly finished a few mods on the bike..........

Handsewn Corbin flame seat,
Polished tail section
Painted rims
Airbrushed tank
Removed airboxes and purchased tank accents

Will be on the road in the next 4 weeks hopefully.
Looking forward to a good ride.

heres a pic.

CBobR
25th July 2007, 09:39
Buell looks sweet Zane, we'll have to start thinking of a decent run for it next month. Any ideas for a trip? With the new paint we'd want to avoid any road works :).

My CBR doesn't look sweet, hit a big pothole(?) just south of Kaiwaka on saturday night and did some front end damage. I have parts on order so hope to have it back on the road this weekend. I'm glad the nights are warm recently so the shed is a good place to be.

dnos
25th July 2007, 14:44
Dude nice paint job, looks like its coming together nicely.
Definitely keen for a good run some time. Lots of roadworks at the mo so will keep thinking.

SpinFx
14th August 2007, 19:04
Hows things guys ( and girls ), interesting news........... dropped the buell on a tight corner the other day, was very lucky, I survived with only a scratch and the bike about the same, all fixed now though, new indicator, footpeg, clutch lever and wing mirror.
Weather is stating to clear up too, YAH, so will be keen for a ride soon.
Just have to get some new tires on in two weeks.
Oh I'm moving house again....... just down the road from the Okaihau Golf Club. Missuses job fell through. Hope to hear from you soon.

CBobR
15th August 2007, 10:20
Ah dude that sucks. What corner was it?
I guess lucky that none of your custom paint touched the road.

Makes me feel a bit better about my CBR having fabric based adhesive reinforced fairings. Though I did just buy a prettier bike which I am being very careful with.

Sweet, that's a great road out Okaihau way. Definitely have to go for a ride soon.
Any preferences anybody? I'll probably haere ma runga on Sunday somewhere.

NotaGoth
15th August 2007, 22:55
AThough I did just buy a prettier bike which I am being very careful with.

Spill... What did you get... :spudwhat:

CBobR
15th August 2007, 23:03
Spill... What did you get... :spudwhat:

Only one way to find out *poke* :)

NotaGoth
15th August 2007, 23:11
Only one way to find out *poke* :)

Ok I'll just have to stalk you tomorrow.. I know where you work..!! You can't hide.. :girlfight: lol

I have a job interveiw tomorrow.. So HOPEFULLY if all goes well I'll have my weekends back.. And I'll have money again.. But in the meantime.. I got some more 2stroke oil... AND.. I even read some of the magazines you loaned me.. AND a twist of the wrist.. *shock horror* :eek5: Amazing what I do when I'm stuck unable to do anything all day..

So despite not riding cause of the hole in my pocket I've done other things.. Yeesh... I should quit my job more often...

So.... Gonna tell me yet? If you don't I could always stand outside your work and lick the window til you get embarassed enough and come out and tell me.. Hmmm...

SpinFx
16th August 2007, 15:37
Is it Black with twin headlights

dnos
16th August 2007, 16:25
Oooooh suck on the spill mate. Glad to hear you only suffered a couple of scratches.
I went for a short ride the other night and it was fucken freezing. So next sunny day I'm gonna make an effort to get out.
I MISS SUMMER :(

Yep we should get out for a decent ride some time, but i don't know what the roads are like at the mo.

CBobR
16th August 2007, 16:28
Yep, that's the one.

Kittie just came around for the KK KB Hot Chocolate meet. My windows are cleaner.
Do we all work in town? we should get some lunch or something oneday.

Is it Black with twin headlights

SpinFx
17th August 2007, 08:29
I'm down mill lane, although I've been premoted to having a bright yellow company van now, so don't get the chance to ride to work each day.....bugger...... but as soon as the weather comes right I'll be flagging the van and bringing the bike for sure. 10kms of metal road to conquer at the moment, but when I move saturday....... only 100mtrs of metal of driveway.....YAH. LOL I folled you in from the roundabout this morning ( about four vehicles back ) BIKE LOOKS NEW......MEAN

Will be in for a lunch meeting some time.........sweet as.

dnos
17th August 2007, 09:51
Lunch sounds good I will be keen.

Actually I'm off to the pub today after work if anyone feels like a beer.

NotaGoth
17th August 2007, 19:03
Yep, that's the one.

Kittie just came around for the KK KB Hot Chocolate meet. My windows are cleaner.
Do we all work in town? we should get some lunch or something oneday.

Didn't take much window licking now did it..??? Perfect day for a hot chocolate I must say... My face washed off down the drain.. lol

I don't.. I'm the local bum.. So I'll pike out

BIKE LOOKS NEW......MEAN

Yeah its real nice!!! Wayne said he doesn't really like it and that it was an impulse buy... What he really wants is my bike.. He promised me he'll trade it with me for my RG.. *BatZ* lashes

CBobR
19th August 2007, 21:16
Which pub did you go to Dean?

How was the move Zane?

Theresa had a decent Learner's ride today. Up the East coast to Kaitaia and down the Maungamukas. There was some dodgy roadworks, gravel, wet areas, scared horses, impatient cars, sun strike and even a few mechanical issues with the RG. No dramas though, she coped well :niceone:. It's a shame that her kind cannot be captured on film ;).

NotaGoth
19th August 2007, 22:22
Theresa had a decent Learner's ride today. Up the East coast to Kaitaia and down the Maungamukas. There was some dodgy roadworks, gravel, wet areas, scared horses, impatient cars, sun strike and even a few mechanical issues with the RG. No dramas though, she coped well :niceone:. It's a shame that her kind cannot be captured on film ;).

Today was the longest ride I have had since getting the RG.. My first time riding in a real town too..!!!!!! No hassles there.. Apart from forgetting to turn my indicator off and confusing another motorist... :shutup:

Out of all the road works I have to say the one that I was most hesitant with was the one outside the Origin, heading toward Waipapa.. That gravel was big.. Honestly thought I was going to go over for a minute there.. :(

With everything we came across, roadworks, gravel, POTHOLES, scared horses *cough* holden right up my arse.. I have to say that the most difficult part of the day was the last 15 minutes home.. I was honestly absolutely shattered..!!!!

Thankyou Wayne for the amazing day... Next time can we turn around and go through the Maungamukas again.. And again... And again... And again... They were fun!! :shit:

Even with all the really new little experiences/learning curves I really enjoyed my day, even despite my "I wanna push my bike into a ditch" moment... I'm looking forward to going again soon..:sunny:

Oh and thankyou for making sure I got home in one piece... ;)

P.S Can we take lollies for the cow next time? haha..

SpinFx
24th August 2007, 08:02
move went well thanks,
I'm off to put two new tyres on today, and maybe even down to Shaws Whg to buy some new custom indicators and wing mirrors. So back on the road again......yahhhh.
Good to hear you guys had a good ride. Good on ya kitx. See you all soon.

PS. Im hardly on KB anymore ( only to check this thread ), spend all my time at.... aussiebuellriders.info ( in the kiwi corner section ). Most of nz's buell riders are there too.
But will check back requentlyish. If your going for a ride just text or PM me.

dnos
24th August 2007, 09:58
That is a shiny new toy ya got there.
Glad you guys had a good ride even with a few dodgy exeriences. Good work T.
So I have moved now too - living in our new house in town, just a bit more furniture to pick up from the various places we have had it stored.
I'm off to Auckland this weekend so no riding for me. have a good one guys and gals.

SpinFx
29th August 2007, 13:00
Is that your little black and yellow scooter I see by your work ????
Is that the rainy day machine ?? Nice looking for a scooter :eek:

NotaGoth
29th August 2007, 13:28
No random rides for me til I replace my handbrake lever (snapped the lil knob off ages ago) and get my wof... Didn't even realize what month it was...

Anyone know where to take a bike for a warrant in kerikeri..?? Preferably where some arsehole won't rub his greedy little mits together...

CBobR
30th August 2007, 09:41
:), that scooter belongs to the dentist. Looks like a lot of fun though, it's got semi-knobbly tyres on it. There's sometimes also a Ducati Monster in the carpark but I haven't seen it recently.

I lost an induction seal on my bike so have not been keen to ride it in the rain this week. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

I always have an easy time at VTNZ in Mill Lane, even with fairings race-taped together (but bike mechanically perfect). I took my CBR on trackday tyres and told him to be careful when they were cold, so he let me ride the bike myself for the brake and speedo tests. Does this mean you are going to be riding around town? :)

NotaGoth
30th August 2007, 09:47
I always have an easy time at VTNZ in Mill Lane, even with fairings race-taped together (but bike mechanically perfect). I took my CBR on trackday tyres and told him to be careful when they were cold, so he let me ride the bike myself for the brake and speedo tests. Does this mean you are going to be riding around town? :)

Bike should pass, I don't see anything wrong with it other than the knobby thing missing on the handbrake lever... Which will be fixed..

I don't *really* want to ride in kerikeri thats the thing.. Got told bout someone in Waipapa so I might nick in there today when I go to do grocery shopping..

NotaGoth
31st August 2007, 09:42
*doh* thought I was bringing home the incorrect brake lever.... Sure enough what do yah know...:eek:

CBobR
31st August 2007, 11:15
Where was the lever from?

What's the go with selling the Virago Zane, all on full licenses at your whare now?

Weather looks to be the goods for the weekend, time for another short notice ride somewhere? I'll probably be putting around northland on my bike... somewhere (?).

NotaGoth
31st August 2007, 11:22
Where was the lever from?

What's the go with selling the Virago Zane, all on full licenses at your whare now?

Weather looks to be the goods for the weekend, time for another short notice ride somewhere? I'll probably be putting around northland on my bike... somewhere (?).

Where do you think? Good old hoppy. Told him it was the wrong one but no. That'll learn me. :spanking:

SpinFx
1st September 2007, 20:29
Yeah the missus bought a new quad for the farm so we were thinking of selling it to help pay for the quad............... but we are now deciding we might keep it afterall. We were just ahead of ourselves alittle bit. I went for a ride over to Kaikohe to drop off a helmet I did some grahics on then went for a nice cruise down to Whangarei for the rest of the day. Had a great ride down.........gee it's good to be back in the saddle. Awesome weather for it too.
Found out theres a ride and a small bike show down at Heritage park on Sunday 9th. Brad Walters the Airbrush artist has organised it. Story is meet at Maunu Museum around 9.00 then go for a ride somewhere collecting stuff???? on the way to go in the draw to win a custom painted helmet etc. Then back to the museum for a ride and shine bike show. Should be a good one. KEEP IN TOUCH.

CBobR
1st September 2007, 21:18
Would be a shame to sell it just now that the weather has come right :sunny:

I went up the Maungamukas today, a little bit dodgy with quite a few gravel patches. I stopped to help get a custom painted Harley out of the bush. The guy hit one of the gravel patches a rode the bike off a decent drop. He was suprisingly okay, but we got an ambulance as a precaution because he couldnt walk/ride due to hip pain.

Hopefully another good riding day tomorrow.

NotaGoth
10th September 2007, 12:24
*sigh* I'm itching....:sweatdrop

SpinFx
22nd September 2007, 09:55
Update: not selling the virago anymore, both went for a ride and as you know we got the addiction back. Hitch ( my partner ) just got her restricted in Keri. Apparently the guy testing was a real tosser - made snarky comments and basically told her she should'nt be riding because she didnt indicate on the Mitre 10 corner, and stalled it once at an intersection. Turns out the clutch needed adjusting slightly. He was grumpy and annoyed that he had to get out of his car to instruct her where to go next (all because it was pissing down with rain ).
What a dick !!

Anyway I know she's a good rider as we clocked up another 500kms on the fine weekend just been, and will be doing the same again soon.

Email me if your going for a ride........... if you don't have it P me first and I will give it to you as I don't check this thread much anymore. Belong to Buell site now instead.

Cheers...

CBobR
22nd September 2007, 12:15
Good work on passing the restricted, and I'm happy you decided to keep the Virago. Awesome riding weather last weekend.

I'll be out on the bike today. I have some stuff to do in town today, but after that will be either going for a random ride, or tagging along with one of you guys. Send me a text if you want to go for a ride today.

CBobR
22nd September 2007, 12:39
Okay so we are meeting at McDs at 1:30 (we still haven't perfected the long term planning eh :) ). All welcome, look for a custom painted tube frame Buell.
Seeyou.

NotaGoth
24th September 2007, 19:49
I'm just at Dans old ladies place at the moment... So while I actually have internet access I have decided to quickly post up instead of being such a snob...

I really wanted to send a huge thankyou to Wayne... Dude you are honestly just awesome... I really appreciate all the help and everything that you have done for me..

I know things haven't exactly been fantastic lately, things just aren't working out.. But it was absolutely awesome of you to come out the bay and pick me up and take me pillion for my first spin on Old R. Road.... I really really needed it.. And I enjoyed myself so much... I just really don't know what to say.. Words could never be enough... Thankyou... :niceone:

I'll hopefully catch up with you again when we come back from Auckland.. I think Daniel was glad to finally meet you... Your welcome out the bay anytime.. Remember that.. And if you ever need help with anything don't be afraid to ask..

I'm still buzzing... :D

P.S My arse is still sore.. :pinch: