PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgeralds BSB ride

Maido
9th April 2007, 10:34
I heard he was riding a bike in the BSB superstock, turns out he is actually riding a giant catipiller in the inagural BSB bug challenge.

http://www.crash.net/picture_view_single~cid~87~pid~346311.htm

No, actually, I believe the BSB kicks off this weekend, I have looked up their website, and it is a piece of shite if you are looking to find qualifying or practice results for anything bar the main class, never mind. I am sure we will hear how he goes.

White trash
9th April 2007, 10:40
I think www.mcnews.com.au has the results of the BSB, even though they're an Australian site.

Shaun Harris
9th April 2007, 10:49
Hayden has qualified in 40th place for the Super Stock class

Cleve
9th April 2007, 10:52
Wow, so the British scene is as competitive as the Aussie scene??

Shaun Harris
9th April 2007, 10:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - Glen Richards - Yamaha - Embassy Racing - 1.30.032 - 1.30.449
2 - Hudson Kennaugh - Yamaha - Raceways Yamaha - - 1.30.071
3 - Luke Quigley - Suzuki - PDM Racing - 1.30.904 - 1.30.335
4 - Adrian Coates - Yamaha - Dyer Crossgills Racing - 1.30.880 - 1.30.532
5 - Steve Brogan - Honda - Tengo Honda Racing - 1.30.899 - 1.30.593
6 - Lee Jackson - Yamaha - Krystal Racing/Space Air - 1.31.044 - 1.30.608
7 - Gareth Glynn - Yamaha - Raceways Yamaha - 1.31.728 - 1.30.895
8 - Adam Jenkinson - Suzuki - Rocket Centre Racing - 1.31.420 - 1.30.927
9 - Kieran Murphy - Suzuki - Goldstar Suzuki - 1.31.427 - 1.31.065
10 - Ben Wilson - Suzuki - Windmill Suzuki - 1.31.146 - 1.31.082
11 - James Rose - Suzuki - Shaun Rose Racing/ACU - 1.31.111 - 1.31.182
12 - John Laverty - Ducati - Buildbase Ducati - 1.31.684 - 1.31.203
13 - Richard Wren - Yamaha - Rockforge Racing - 1.31.238 - 1.31.417
14 - Howie Mainwaring - MV Agusta - Bullet Racing - 1.31.299 - 1.31.673
15 - Steve Mercer - Yamaha - The Bikeshop Faversham - 1.31.434 - 1.31.332
16 - John Ingram - Suzuki - SMT/Ingram Racing - 1.31.913 - 1.31.524
17 - Les Shand - Yamaha - Les Shand Racing - 1.33.057 - 1.31.541
18 - Ryan Rainey - Yamaha - TMR/Tillston Motorcycles - 1.31.621 - 1.31.642
19 - Marshall Neill - Suzuki - Neil Racing - 1.32.081 - 1.31.636
20 - Jon Kirkham - Ducati - Samsung Superstock Team - 1.32.445 - 1.31.766
21 - Stephen Thompson - Suzuki - T&R Motorsport - 1.31.983 - 1.31.958
22 - Dan Stewart - Yamaha - Wilcock Consulting - 1.32.631 - 1.31.958
23 - Martin Buckles - MV Agusta - Bullet Racing - 1.32.236 - 1.31.971
24 - Kieran Clarke - Ducati - Buildbase Ducati - 1.33.052 - 1.31.972
25 - Kenny Gilberston - Kawasaki - Astro - KS Kwasaki - 1.32.068 - 1.32.333
26 - Paul Veazey - Yamaha - Krystal Racing/Space Air - 1.32.083 - 1.32.227
27 - Daniel Hegarty - Yamaha - Ace Yamaha - 1.32.571 - 1.32.273
28 - Matt Whitman - Yamaha - Team STP Racing - 1.32.367 - 1.32.888
29 - Allan Jon Ventor - Honda - Hydrex Honda - 1.32.592 - 1.32.374
30 - Bob Collins - Suzuki - 2 Bob Racing - 1.32.435 - 1.33.070
31 - Rob Guiver - Suzuki - SP125 Racing/Superstock - 1.32.481 -
32 - Gary Johnson - Yamaha - Speedfreak Racing - 1.32.698 - 1.32.721
33 - Craig Beggs - Yamaha - Enviro-Strip UK Racing - 1.33.231 - 1.32.700
34 - Callum Ramsay - Yamaha - Dyer Crossgills Racing - 1.33.930 - 1.32.733
35 - Joe Dickinson - Ducati - Revolution Motorsport Ducati - 1.34.072 - 1.32.775
36 - Denver Robb - Suzuki - Mar-Train Racing - 1.33.607 - 1.32.899
37 - Victor Cox - MV Agusta - Team STP Racing - 1.33.051 - 1.32.926
38 - Jimmy Storrar - Suzuki - Jimmy Storrar Racing - 1.33.458 - 1.33.037
39 - Dave Hewson - Kawasaki - JJR - 1.35.412 - 1.33.516
40 - Hayden Fitzgerald - Yamaha - NCT/Vanfit Yamaha - 1.33.576 - 1.33.643
41 - Graham English - Suzuki - Tiva Engineering - 1.35.779 - 1.33.773
42 - Lee Johnston - Suzuki - Virginia Hire Suzuki - 1.35.224 - 1.33.969
43 - Pete Spalding - Yamaha GR Motosport/Team Scan - - 1.33.969
44 - Darren Fry - Ducati - Clarke & Strong Racing - 1.34.859 - 1.34.025
45 - Michael Pensavalle - Ducati - WL/MP Racing - 1.34.450 - 1.34.071
46 - Alastair Seeley - Yamaha - NCT/Vanfit Yamaha - 1.34.340 - 1.34.629
47 - James Edmeades - Yamaha - Speedfreak Racing - 1.34.880 - 1.34.987
48 - Ian Parking-Coates - Ducati - Carr Grange Racing - 1.36.740 - 1.35.182

Shaun Harris
9th April 2007, 10:55
Wow, so the British scene is as competitive as the Aussie scene??

No mate, much more competitive:gob:

Cleve
9th April 2007, 11:52
No mate, much more competitive:gob:

Bloody hell... so how come Aussies make it on the world stage in better numbers than the poms do? No don't answer that... I know... the Aussie attitude thing :2guns: :2guns:

Brian d marge
9th April 2007, 13:37
Just watched the superstocks at donnington , it was a great race ,,better I might say than the wsb that followed , now forgive me if I am wrong , but the commentator said these bikes were stock bikes , changes were to the exhaust and Ecu

The bike that won was a Yamaha R1 ,,, now cant you buy those over the counter at your local Yamaha dealer ???

The grid was FULL ...as in FULL and the racing was goooood

Just a thought as ,,in NZ the same ole same ole keep up the front ,,, due to costs one expects ( and some serious talent in a few )

So why dont we make our National class , a super stock class and have street races mixed in ,,
So a young lad could afford that 5000 for tyres /fuel plus bike ( and insurance ,,The car pulled out mister and I cartwheeled the bike ,,no I wasnt racing and yes it was registered ,,,once )
and it would give young riders an idea of the level of commitment needed to do well

( they had factory teams at Donnington ,,all nicely turned out and presented ,,couldn have cost much as all they could have changed was the exhaust and map ) !!!

And please allow the use of telemetry ,,,u dont have to use it in the race ,,but its a handy tool !!!

Stephen

Shaun Harris
9th April 2007, 13:55
This is Hayden's first time at this track as well, never been there before, I would predict a top 20 finish

Shaun Harris
9th April 2007, 13:57
Just watched the superstocks at donnington , it was a great race ,,better I might say than the wsb that followed , now forgive me if I am wrong , but the commentator said these bikes were stock bikes , changes were to the exhaust and Ecu

The bike that won was a Yamaha R1 ,,, now cant you buy those over the counter at your local Yamaha dealer ???

The grid was FULL ...as in FULL and the racing was goooood

Just a thought as ,,in NZ the same ole same ole keep up the front ,,, due to costs one expects ( and some serious talent in a few )

So why dont we make our National class , a super stock class and have street races mixed in ,,
So a young lad could afford that 5000 for tyres /fuel plus bike ( and insurance ,,The car pulled out mister and I cartwheeled the bike ,,no I wasnt racing and yes it was registered ,,,once )
and it would give young riders an idea of the level of commitment needed to do well

( they had factory teams at Donnington ,,all nicely turned out and presented ,,couldn have cost much as all they could have changed was the exhaust and map ) !!!

And please allow the use of telemetry ,,,u dont have to use it in the race ,,but its a handy tool !!!

Stephen

Stephen, the Superstock rules are the same as our sports production rules

Telemetry, No way mate, far to exspensive for a kiwi racer, and if you do not have the experience of working with it, it is a complete waste of time

White trash
9th April 2007, 20:41

Fuck off! I don't even know what a compression damping adjuster looks like, what the hell am I gonna do with a laptop full of data?!

TonyB
9th April 2007, 21:26
Yeah I'm almost glad my race bikes have virtually no suspension adjustment, less chance of buggering it up more than it already is:yes:

JayRacer37
9th April 2007, 21:55
I'd kill for telementry....espescally after having worked with it on the 250 in my Avatar.

steveyb
10th April 2007, 00:57
A good comparo is between Haydie and James Rose. James is the bloke that beat Haydie in the ACU Star championship last year. James has raced at all the British circuits quite a few times and has some serious backing. He is also a bit of a meat axe rider!!! As they say over there Fast as fook! Likely that he will have been doing some serious testing recently on the bike he is racing, not like Haydie, having to catch up from zero. And yes, British scene is competitive as all buggery, but mainly with regard to numbers. Check out some of the names in the SuperStock list, many have been racing BSB level before. Typically a budget for Superstock for one season in the UK will set you (or someone!!) back the best part of 30-40k pounds.
I know, I saw it first hand when I was with Haydie last year, the gear some of these guys have is outrageous.

I wish you lot would shut the f up about cheap class this and budget racing that. If it is too dear, stick to quilting or stamp collecting. Motorsport costs money and that is that. Find your own budget, then have a go within it.

Superstock racing in the UK is more expensive than Superbike racing in NZ by quite some distance. If you have not experienced it, find out some facts first ay?

Brian d marge
10th April 2007, 02:03
Superstock racing in the UK is more expensive than Superbike racing in NZ buy quite some distance. If you have not experienced it, find out some facts first ay?

well its been nearly 20 years since i was a mechanic , in Britain , a lot has changed one assumes , But the commentator did say that the only thing allowed to be changed was the ecu and the exhaust ,,,,
now I know and you know that there is probably 101 things one can do if you have the money ,, blue printed , dynoed engines , tyres ,,, and the cost of entry which is higher in the uk ,What I would like to see is the level of professionalism evident overseas to be the same in NZ, I am aware of all the pros and cons , but I really would like to sea more Paeroas , wanganuis , with ( well financed teams ..)

Now super stock , has the same rules as our sports production, so this would mean that as far as HP wise they are going to be similar so there should be a very real possibility of someone with talent from NZ , going to Britain and going ok ( was going to say well ..but I am aware what other teams have )

Just thought , just how much of that money spent directly translates into lap times,

A question I have is though , whats the difference between the superstock ( Europeans I was watching ) and BSB ( British Superbike ) I assume bsb allows more scope for tuning

Now on a lighter note , i was watching wsb , at donnington , the commentators said it was one of the first rounds to be held 20 years ago.....I think i was there ,,and have a photo ..does that make you feel old or what !!!!

Stephen

Shaun
10th April 2007, 07:44
Hayden finished in 26th place, with a lap of 2.8 seconds off the fastest time of the race done by Aussie Glen Richards, a rider who has been racing in the Superbike class in the UK for years

Bloody good effort

Now to watch for his improvement at tracks he has been to before

Go Hayden
Go Dom jones
Go Sam Smith

our 3 young hotshots out there doing it in 3 different countries

Andy2
10th April 2007, 11:31
Hi everyone

if you are wanting to follow the BSB series this is the place to get the results & live timing for all the classes.

http://www.msttiming.com/bsb/2007/bsb.asp?season=2007

cheers
Andy2

slowpoke
10th April 2007, 12:01
A question I have is though , whats the difference between the superstock ( Europeans I was watching ) and BSB ( British Superbike ) I assume bsb allows more scope for tuning

Not sure of the exact differences between Superstock and BSB, but I read an article on Rutters' BSB HRC/HM Plant 'blade and the thing has got very few standard parts left, and telemetry on every fookin' thing. Basically they are WSB bikes.
Whereas the BSB/WSB rules may say original valve material must be used (open slather on valve size) the Superstock rules probably say original valves must be used. It's like that all the way through the bike.
Then Ducati are allowed even more mods again due to the limited valve area provided by the twin cylinder design. Ignoring the 1098, compare a 999R (eligible for Superstock) to a 999RS (customer Superbike, inlegible for Superstock) and the 999F06 (factory Superbike) and the spec's (and price) just ramp up exponentially.

steveyb
10th April 2007, 20:59
well its been nearly 20 years since i was a mechanic , in Britain , a lot has changed one assumes , But the commentator did say that the only thing allowed to be changed was the ecu and the exhaust ,,,,
now I know and you know that there is probably 101 things one can do if you have the money ,, blue printed , dynoed engines , tyres ,,, and the cost of entry which is higher in the uk ,What I would like to see is the level of professionalism evident overseas to be the same in NZ, I am aware of all the pros and cons , but I really would like to sea more Paeroas , wanganuis , with ( well financed teams ..)

Now super stock , has the same rules as our sports production, so this would mean that as far as HP wise they are going to be similar so there should be a very real possibility of someone with talent from NZ , going to Britain and going ok ( was going to say well ..but I am aware what other teams have )

Just thought , just how much of that money spent directly translates into lap times,

Now on a lighter note , i was watching wsb , at donnington , the commentators said it was one of the first rounds to be held 20 years ago.....I think i was there ,,and have a photo ..does that make you feel old or what !!!!

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
Apologies, a bit of a rush of blood to the keyboard.
But indeed, it seems that things really have changed a fair bit in the past 20 years. Indeed, the rules probably do say only susp, pipe, ecu can be changed, but these guys will go and spend 5000 pounds or more on one Ti exhaust system!!! And have 2 or 3 spares!!! This is just the tip of the iceberg for even Superstock teams.
I attended 4 BSB meetings in 2006 and the commentators at the circuits were pretty keen to tell the public how much of their houses they would need to mortgage just to race in Superstock class alone.
Indeed, Superbike or Fast Bike magazine at the end of 2006 ran an article talking to several privateer racers from various classes. One guy was a Superstock rider. He had two jobs, his Dad paid the bills and not through the full season the bill had run to 70k pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fast as Fook or Stoopid as Mook?????

Even at MRO/BEMCEE level guys buy brand new 2006 Honda RS250s with full JHA/Harc-Pro kits. That will set you back the best part of 15k pounds for the bike and similar for the kit!! And that is for glorified VMCC events (but a few more of them I guess).

The real cost comes in infrastructure, testing, engine building (although they say that fiddling now will make the engine slower), travelling, consumables etc, etc. Again I found this out from the Phase One Yamaha Endurance team at their headquarters, where they get their R1 engines in a box, strip them, check for casting dags and the like, assemble meticulously and that is that! Other teams do more for sprint race classes.

Then there are the transporters (in the UK you must bring everything with you including accommodation, but there are suppliers of generic accessories and tyres at the circuits), hospitalities (yes, even some of the smaller Superstock teams have them), more and more motorhomes etc etc etc.

But most of all, the racing season streches to 9 (?) rounds all over the UK, between March and October, not just 3 weeks over summer and all that with the price of gasoline and diesel at about 1 poundish a litre!!!
So, there you go. It is all a big deal really.

Not a terrible result for Haydie racing a bike he has not really seen before, in among 40 superbikes (PHEW!!!), but look where Rose finished. Haydie will be setting his sights a bit higher next time I am sure.

In any case, you gotta have some serious cahonies to power through Paddock Bend on a Superstock bike in the middle of 40 of the bastards.

In my own opinion he would have been much better off running in Virgin Mobile Cup this season, where Midge Smart got a 3rd at Brands, but he made his decision and I hope he goes well.

steveyb
10th April 2007, 21:00
Hayden finished in 26th place, with a lap of 2.8 seconds off the fastest time of the race done by Aussie Glen Richards, a rider who has been racing in the Superbike class in the UK for years

Bloody good effort

Now to watch for his improvement at tracks he has been to before

Go Hayden
Go Dom jones
Go Sam Smith

our 3 young hotshots out there doing it in 3 different countries

And by the way:
Go Haydie, Go Big Dom and Go smooth Sam!!!
And Glen Richards is also riding for Phase One Yamaha this year, so getting MEGA track time.

cowpoos
12th April 2007, 20:59
Go Sam Smith

some pics of sam kicking arse in auz at winton

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2007/Superbike/Australian/rnd2-3/Gallery_M/pages/SSR4022.htm

Brian d marge
14th April 2007, 13:09
[quote=steveyb;1008652]

In any case, you gotta have some serious cahonies to power through Paddock Bend on a Superstock bike in the middle of 40 of the bastards.

Aint that the truth

I was there once for te classic bike racing , and a Rob north Triumph ...slid to me feet followed by a sleeping rider ....his eyes opened and he looked at the marshal ans said ,,,hows the bike

We didnt have the heart to tell him , he is was now the owner of a new coffee table ...

As try as I might I cant get away from thinking about how the money is spent ...We were talking the other day about the r1 suspension and why the shaft was so big with a bigger shaft you can run looser tolerances , cheaper to make ,, ,,So there is that ,, ( going through the bike and changing the production tolerances , hunting for the Hp on a dyno ..

I am just envious i suppose ...
Stephen

denill
18th April 2007, 13:50
BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP
ROUND TWO THRUXTON

CLASS: Superstock Championship
BIKE: VANfit Yamaha YZF-R1000
WEATHER: Hot, Sunny, Approx. 25 Degrees.
TRACK: Thruxton, 2.3560

RESULTS:
Qualified: 37th 1.20.616
Race : 25th 1.20.564

FREE PRACTICE:
There are only two points on the track that the brakes are applied
heavily, into Campbell and into the final turn, Club. Everywhere else
is fast breaking traction a lot. The hardest part of this track to
learn was where the bumps and crests were to avoid them and find the
smoothest line. Especially when the majority of the track has no
camber or negative camber.

QUALIFYING:
With the changes that had been made after Free Practice i had new
suspension settings to try and find more grip. The first qualifier
went well with the changes making an improvement but still having grip
issues.
Session two, i didn't go any faster that session one, not many at the
front did due to the conditions of the track. As the weekend went on
there was more and more rubber being laid. My clutch was checked and i
practiced some starts at the end of the session and the Yamaha seems
to get off the line well.

RACE:
From 37th off the line i gained 5 places through the first couple of
turns and then it was head down. With this track the theory was to
keep the throttle open and as close to 100% as possible. . . wrong. It
was based on 'race with traction.' To go faster you use less throttle
and this was really showing on the data logging.
As the race went on, a few more crashes accured. The times were close
throughout the weekend and i eventually finished the race in 25th.

COMMENTS:
I enjoyed racing on the Thruxton circuit and cant wait for the next
round at Silverstone which i have ridden before last year so i have an
idea on the track for round three.

steveyb
18th April 2007, 18:15
Go Haydie!! Yes, he knows his way around Silverstone (at least one of the hundred different circuit arrangements they have there!!) so fingers crossed!!

Enjoy ;-)

Steve

Sparky Bills
18th April 2007, 18:42
GREAT STUFF!!!
Best of luck to him!

Maido
20th April 2007, 15:23
may as well turn this into a NZers over seas results thread

P1
1 Russell HOLLAND (NSW) Honda CBR RR 1:08.799 4 of 17
2 Jason O'HALLORAN (NSW) Yamaha R6 1:09.000 18 of 18 .201 .201
3 Shannon JOHNSON (VIC) Kawasaki ZX6R 1:09.259 10 of 16 .259 .460
4 Joshua WATERS (VIC) Suzuki GSXR 1:09.270 15 of 16 .011 .471
5 Jamie STAUFFER (NSW) Yamaha R6 1:09.321 14 of 18 .051 .522
6 Sam SMITH (NZ) P Yamaha R6 1:09.617 18 of 19 .296 .818
7 Judd GREEDY (QLD) P Honda CBR RR 1:09.691 6 of 14 .074 .892
8 Jeremy CROWE (NSW) Yamaha R6 1:10.111 9 of 18 .420 1.312
9 Wayne MAXWELL (VIC) Kawasaki ZX6R 1:10.151 8 of 15 .040 1.352
10 Mick KELLY (WA) P Yamaha R6 1:10.237 9 of 15 .086 1.438
11 Zac DAVIES (NSW) P Yamaha R6 1:10.784 5 of 17 .547 1.985
12 Ian ANDREWS (SA) P Suzuki GSXR 1:10.924 14 of 18 .140 2.125
13 Christopher SEATON (QLD) P Yamaha R6 1:10.927 10 of 13 .003 2.128
14 Chris TROUNSON (VIC) P Honda CBR RR 1:10.934 14 of 14 .007 2.135
15 Mitchell CARR (NSW) P Suzuki GSXR 1:11.050 7 of 10 .116 2.251
16 Gareth JONES (QLD) P Yamaha R6 1:11.059 15 of 17 .009 2.260
17 Nick HENDERSON (VIC) P Yamaha R6 1:11.193 18 of 21 .134 2.394
18 Christan CASELLA (VIC) P Yamaha R6 1:11.554 15 of 20 .361 2.755
19 Dustin GOLDSMITH (NSW) P Yamaha R6 1:11.647 14 of 17 .093 2.848
20 Stephen LIDDICOAT (SA) BP Suzuki GSXR 1:12.046 12 of 15 .399 3.247
21 Cameron STRONACH (WA) BP Yamaha R6 1:12.126 10 of 12 .080 3.327
22 Glenn CULLEN (NSW) P Yamaha R6 1:12.149 10 of 18 .023 3.350
23 Grant HAY (NSW) P Yamaha R6 1:12.235 16 of 17 .086 3.436
24 Jason CULLEN (NSW) BP Yamaha R6 1:12.344 14 of 18 .109 3.545
25 Alex TOMASSETTI (NSW) P Yamaha R6 1:13.095 6 of 20 .751 4.296
26 Brett SIMMONDS (TAS) P Suzuki GSXR 1:13.096 9 of 16 .001 4.297
27 Giammaria GENTILE (NSW) BP Yamaha R6 1:13.942 20 of 22 .846 5.143
28 Shane INGRAM (VIC) BP Yamaha R6 1:14.733 14 of 19 .791 5.934

not a bad spot to be in after first practice

Maido
21st April 2007, 08:55
Doms P1 Barber motorsport park (the same place they debut the new kawa and honda 600's)
1. 1 Ben Spies Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:24.735 4 97.720 1:25.085 7 97.314
2. 66 Mathew Mladin Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:25.301 30 97.070 1:25.309 29 97.058
3. 2 Jamie A Hacking Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:25.885 14 96.410 1:26.366 22 95.871
4. 20 Aaron W Yates Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:25.995 24 96.280 1:25.995 23 96.284
5. 17 Miguel Duhamel Honda CBR1000RR 1:26.015 21 96.260 1:26.117 17 96.149
6. 155 Ben D Bostrom Yamaha YZF-R1 1:26.167 17 96.090 1:26.213 22 96.041
7. 40 Jason Disalvo Yamaha YZF-R1 1:26.167 30 96.090 1:26.668 21 95.538
8. 59 Jake Holden Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:26.331 12 95.910 1:26.349 13 95.890
9. 22 Tommy Hayden Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:26.416 31 95.820 1:26.454 20 95.773
10. 32 Eric Bostrom Yamaha YZF-R1 1:26.426 30 95.800 1:26.439 29 95.791
11. 98 Jake P Zemke Honda CBR1000RR 1:26.490 20 95.730 1:26.562 25 95.654
12. 88 Luca Scassa MV Agusta F4-1000R 312 1:27.431 11 94.700 1:27.444 21 94.689
13. 77 James Ellison Honda CBR1000RR 1:27.484 25 94.650 1:27.738 23 94.372
14. 18 Chris Ulrich Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:27.983 19 94.110 1:28.103 20 93.980
15. 50 Matt D Lynn MV Agusta F4-1000R 312 1:28.141 5 93.940 1:28.164 11 93.916
16. 95 Roger Lee Hayden Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:28.196 11 93.880 1:28.494 10 93.566
17. 14 Steve Crevier Yamaha YZF-R1 1:28.495 22 93.560 1:28.660 21 93.390
18. 44 John Haner Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:28.532 10 93.530 1:28.698 9 93.350
19. 80 Kurtis L Roberts Honda CBR1000RR 1:28.765 17 93.280 1:28.989 15 93.045
20. 111 Jordan M Szoke Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:28.821 20 93.220 1:28.844 22 93.197
21. 55 Kevin Lacombe Yamaha YZF-R1 1:28.900 11 93.140 1:28.948 6 93.088
22. 24 Clint Mcbain Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:28.973 20 93.060 1:29.657 11 92.352
23. 30 Francis Martin Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:29.067 11 92.960 1:29.335 13 92.684
24. 10 Doug Chandler Honda CBR1000RR 1:29.283 8 92.740 1:29.284 19 92.737
25. 361 Martin Cardenas Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:29.379 16 92.640 1:29.591 14 92.420
26. 333 Tristan Palmer Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:29.486 22 92.530 1:30.036 23 91.963
27. 62 David Weber Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:29.675 16 92.330 1:30.010 5 91.989
28. 61 Scott Jensen Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:30.301 13 91.690 1:30.816 9 91.173
29. 38 Dean Mizdal Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:30.607 18 91.380 1:30.819 11 91.171
30. 311 Robertino Pietri Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:30.720 6 91.270 1:31.901 5 90.097
31. 261 Andrew Nelson Yamaha YZF-R1 1:30.772 21 91.220 1:30.904 18 91.085
32. 68 Dominic Jones Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:31.438 16 90.550 1:31.569 15 90.424
33. 269 Johnny Rock Page Yamaha YZF-R1 1:32.152 7 89.850 1:32.494 16 89.520
34. 973 James E Stroud Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:32.237 9 89.770 1:32.497 5 89.516
35. 232 Chad Rolland Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:32.729 6 89.290 1:33.160 5 88.879
36. 302 Santiago Villa Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:33.081 5 88.950 1:33.225 13 88.817
37. 131 Chuck Ivey Yamaha YZF-R1 1:34.697 4 87.440 1:34.753 10 87.385
38. 75 James Kerker Honda CBR1000RR 1:34.738 8 87.400 1:34.855 11 87.291
39. 175 Marcin Biernacki Yamaha YZF-R1 1:35.132 9 87.040 1:35.559 8 86.648
40. 97 Scott E Carpenter Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:35.634 10 86.580 1:36.190 11 86.079
41. 200 Brendon Marshall Suzuki GSX-R1000 1:37.603 17 84.830 1:38.159 16 84.353

Brian d marge
22nd April 2007, 01:13
BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP
ROUND TWO THRUXTON

CLASS: Superstock Championship
BIKE: VANfit Yamaha YZF-R1000
WEATHER: Hot, Sunny, Approx. 25 Degrees.
TRACK: Thruxton, 2.3560

RESULTS:
Qualified: 37th 1.20.616
Race : 25th 1.20.564

FREE PRACTICE:
There are only two points on the track that the brakes are applied
heavily, into Campbell and into the final turn, Club. Everywhere else
is fast breaking traction a lot. The hardest part of this track to
learn was where the bumps and crests were to avoid them and find the
smoothest line. Especially when the majority of the track has no
camber or negative camber.

QUALIFYING:
With the changes that had been made after Free Practice i had new
suspension settings to try and find more grip. The first qualifier
went well with the changes making an improvement but still having grip
issues.
Session two, i didn't go any faster that session one, not many at the
front did due to the conditions of the track. As the weekend went on
there was more and more rubber being laid. My clutch was checked and i
practiced some starts at the end of the session and the Yamaha seems
to get off the line well.

RACE:
From 37th off the line i gained 5 places through the first couple of
turns and then it was head down. With this track the theory was to
keep the throttle open and as close to 100% as possible. . . wrong. It
was based on 'race with traction.' To go faster you use less throttle
and this was really showing on the data logging.
As the race went on, a few more crashes accured. The times were close
throughout the weekend and i eventually finished the race in 25th.

COMMENTS:
I enjoyed racing on the Thruxton circuit and cant wait for the next
round at Silverstone which i have ridden before last year so i have an
idea on the track for round three.

Just watched the BSB at thruxton , one bike ( a suzuki I think ) clocked at 2002 MPH ( must be thats what they use there !!)

and there doesnt look like there is any sort of a straight bit ,,,,

Interesting to note in the above comment that the superstocks are using data logging ,, ( cough Cough ~)

wonder what else they can use ....any way the bsb was a great race ,,, ( not as good as the over taking move that Xaus was putting on every one at valencia !1 that was a nice move

Stephen

steveyb
30th April 2007, 11:36
Haydies latest results from Silverstone International Circuit

http://www.msttiming.com/bsb/2007/71704stk.pdf