PDA

View Full Version : Crash bungs/sliders Yamaha fz1 fazer 2004

wil
9th April 2007, 10:48
i would like some frame sliders/crash bungs, what are the better makes here in nz and where can buy easily more to the point, unless buying overseas is the much cheaper option. want some for fz1 yamaha.
what experiences have you guys had..thanks

SPman
10th April 2007, 16:04
mstriumph has a set of Oggy knobs on her FZ1 - local (Aus.) made - about $200 with mounting plates - have saved scratches both sides on unfortunate bike fall overs.....

mstriumph
10th April 2007, 16:45
- he forgets to mention that on the last 'oh hell i dropped it' incident i very cleverly broke the bike's fall by inserting my left leg and half a bum cheek under it as it went down ...... :dodge: ............. oggy knobs still a good invention though [pity they don't make them for riders - ouch, that SMARTED!!]

Bnonn
10th April 2007, 16:46
Hey Wil. I see you're in TA, so I'd recommend the place I got mine. I'm fairly certain it's called M1 Engineering, but I can't find it in the Whitepages, which is strange. Perhaps my memory sucks. It's on Quentin St, I think (or possibly Alison), off Kahikatea Drive. If you buy the sliders through Boyd Honda (07 838-1209) on Te Rapa Straight, you get a reasonable discount. Mine were $140 if I recall correctly, but my memory is obviously not awfully reliable.

I know they do FZ1s because when I asked Boyd about my FZ6, they called the guys up and checked on the Yamaha FZ range. Apparently my bike was the first FZ6 they did, and before that they'd only done FZ1s. Incidentally, how do you like the FZ1? I'm keen to try one out to see how it differs with the ol' sixxer.

Here's what they look like:

Blackbird
10th April 2007, 16:47
Try http://www.rapidartnz.com/. They're right on your doorstep! They may not be the cheapest around but their stuff is really good.

iwilde
10th April 2007, 16:50
Theirs a bloke on trade me that makes to fit any bike, "Kcuf", he made up a set for a K6 for guy at work, very nice job.