PDA

View Full Version : Two-piece leathers and helmets... for chicks

Meekey_Mouse
9th April 2007, 18:42
Ok, I have just about saved up enough money to finally get some leathers :woohoo: So now comes the fun but some times frustrating part... shopping!

I was wondering if any ladies would suggest leathers they have found to fit nicely (flattering would also be good :innocent: ), and ones that they have not liked so much. Obviously every one is a different shape, so what may fit and look good on one gal might not on another... but ideas would be nice.

I'm more then likely going to get Quasimoto leathers, they seem to be the best out there by far for the price, but I just want to see what options are out there. One of the up sides with Quasi's stuff is I can get it made custom fit :Punk:
I've budgeted $1,300 but if I really, really liked something I might be able to stretch that a bit :shutup:

Also, what helmet brands have you found to have little sizings? Most helmets XS is still to big :shit:

Thanks heaps!

Jas

Trudes
9th April 2007, 18:52
Quasi's custom made stuff is probably the way to go. I'll let you know how my custom made leather pants are when they arrive. I think MementoMori got a one piece from Quasi, so you could pm her and ask her. As for small head syndrome, I've found Arai do good XS helmets as do Shoei, all the other brands I've tried (not that there have been tons) their XS have been too big too, I bought a child's small helmet which fits but doesn't leave much room for adult sized nose! Good luck!

MotoGirl
9th April 2007, 18:57
I was wondering if any ladies would suggest leathers they have found to fit nicely (flattering would also be good :innocent: )...I've budgeted $1,300 ...
I imported my gear from the states and saved loads of money doing so. You can get good brands for a decent price. For example, I wear a two piece Alpinestars suit that landed for around $900. I've attached a pic of me wearing it - you can figure out if it's "flattering" for yourself :rofl:

Also, what helmet brands have you found to have little sizings? Most helmets XS is still to big :shit:

I also have a tiny head. I can't remember if my Suomy is a XS or XXS. I landed my Hodgson race replica for $500 NZD and it was here within 7 days. There's a pic of it here (http://www.trimit.co.nz/accessories.htm).

Before that, I owned a shoei. They also do an XXS.

QMOTO
9th April 2007, 19:13
Here is a pic of Nickstars new one piece she just picked up for your viewing pleasure, it was a custom one piece.
As you entered the competition for the one piece also mouse I can give you a 15% discount which makes it $1088 so that leaves a bit for a better quality helmet mate.
We can do any of the one piece designs in a two piece if needed also

Oh and Kendog, yup they are sitting here right next to me, got them on Thursday so will send em out pronto

Cheers

Trudes
9th April 2007, 19:16
Yahhhhhhhh!!!!! Can't wait, really miss leather pants when I slide all over my seat in corduras!:yes:

Meekey_Mouse
9th April 2007, 19:42
I imported my gear from the states and saved loads of money doing so. You can get good brands for a decent price. For example, I wear a two piece Alpinestars suit that landed for around $900. I've attached a pic of me wearing it - you can figure out if it's "flattering" for yourself :rofl:

I also have a tiny head. I can't remember if my Suomy is a XS or XXS. I landed my Hodgson race replica for $500 NZD and it was here within 7 days. There's a pic of it here (http://www.trimit.co.nz/accessories.htm).

Before that, I owned a shoei. They also do an XXS.

Thanks! They are really cool leathers. I hope you don't personally know, but do you know if they have been crash tested and how they have held up?

Here is a pic of Nickstars new one piece she just picked up for your viewing pleasure, it was a custom one piece.
As you entered the competition for the one piece also mouse I can give you a 15% discount which makes it $1088 so that leaves a bit for a better quality helmet mate.

Oh and Kendog, yup they are sitting here right next to me, got them on Thursday so will send em out pronto

Cheers

That is awesome! 15% :shit: :rockon: Is that for a limited time? It might be a few more weeks till I can get leathers :bye:

Quasi's custom made stuff is probably the way to go. I'll let you know how my custom made leather pants are when they arrive. I think MementoMori got a one piece from Quasi, so you could pm her and ask her. As for small head syndrome, I've found Arai do good XS helmets as do Shoei, all the other brands I've tried (not that there have been tons) their XS have been too big too, I bought a child's small helmet which fits but doesn't leave much room for adult sized nose! Good luck!

Thanks for the recommendation :yes:

MotoGirl
9th April 2007, 19:55
...I hope you don't personally know, but do you know if they have been crash tested and how they have held up?

I don't want to find out! :no: but I did catch an episode of Fear Factor last week where they dragged people along the ground smashing them through obstacles. They were all wearing Alpinestars and the leathers looked damn good afterwards. You could google it - I'm sure they'd fare well, after all, Alpinestars is known as being a top brand :rockon:

After my previous leathers disintegrated on impact, safety (and therefore, the brand name) was important to me because I don't want any more ugly scars.

Here's all the guff about what I got for my $900 NZD. This is taken from the website where I bought the suit:
# Made just for women
# 1.2-1.4mm full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
# Multiple stitched main-seam construction for maximum tear resistance
# Ergonomically placed accordion stretch panels for optimal fit and flexibility
# Strategically placed stretch panels to conform to the female physique
# Pre curved arms for increased rider comfort
# Removable mesh lining
# Removable CE certified GP protectors with injection-molded shell and dual density foam padding
# Engineered female fit
# Replaceable PU Sport sliders
# TPR and embroidered logos
# YKK Semi Auto Lock zipper

Yell out if you want to know any more about them :yes:

Keystone19
9th April 2007, 20:33
Hey Jas

I currently wear Spidi women's two piece leathers but have a set of Alpinestars women's one piece race leathers on order.

If you are planning on doing a lot of trackdays and racing then you should get one piece leathers.

I can vouch for the crashability and fit of the Spidis though! Spidi stuff fits like a glove - so does Dainese and hopefully the Alpinestars! Alpinestars is the only women-specific, one piece, off the shelf race leathers that I am aware of.

Helmets! Yeah I have the same problem as you re head size. Shoei make an XXS in their Raid II and XR1000 helmets. Unfortunately only in black unless you order them from Europe (takes about 3 months). Shoei is the only brand I have found to fit my small noggin. Even the HJC junior shell size is too big!!!

NotaGoth
9th April 2007, 20:37
Definately go for the Quasimoto gear... I've got mine... Nice fit, considering fat legs and all... Fantastic guy to deal with to boot.... Really worthwhile.. Haven't had to crash test my gear as yet though...And I hope that I don't have to... :)

QMOTO
9th April 2007, 20:42
lots of good gear out there, but not wanting to sound to much like a salesman, but who ya going to see if your leathers dont hold up in a crash?? the sales guy in the shop, does he give a shite?, will he tell the importer and will he give a shite ??? no not really.
thing with me is its me me and then its me, I cant hide behind no one, its my name on the gear and if I fuck up it will cost me personally and my own brand will suffer, I cant afford that to happen, so I work damn hard to make sure my customers are happy pre purchase and post purchase, I am also more often at the track to see crash results, no one has punched me out yet.
Also fact is they crash extremely well, and plenty here can testify to that.

that sounded like a sales pitch , I guess it was , sorry , lol:innocent:

MotoGirl
9th April 2007, 20:43
Shoei make an XXS in their Raid II and ZR1000 helmets. Unfortunately only in black unless you order them from Europe (takes about 3 months)...

Just on that, the company I bought mine from also supplies these in a range of colours:
- RF1000
- X11
They also have the all the other models, e.g. Raid II.

I ordered my sister a helmet and it was here in about 7 days. We are too impatient to wait three months so import our own :done:

Waylander
9th April 2007, 20:45
lots of good gear out there, but not wanting to sound to much like a salesman, but who ya going to see if your leathers dont hold up in a crash?? the sales guy in the shop, does he give a shite?, will he tell the importer and will he give a shite ??? no not really.
thing with me is its me me and then its me, I cant hide behind no one, its my name on the gear and if I fuck up it will cost me personally and my own brand will suffer, I cant afford that to happen, so I work damn hard to make sure my customers are happy pre purchase and post purchase, I am also more often at the track to see crash results, no one has punched me out yet.

Putting yourself on the line there aye Brett? I hear her dad has a shotgun lol.

MotoGirl
9th April 2007, 21:02
Putting yourself on the line there aye Brett? I hear her dad has a shotgun lol.

I didn't realise you were in the market for women's leathers :rofl:

Waylander
9th April 2007, 21:03
I didn't realise you were in the market for women's leathers :rofl:
Always wondered what it would be like to get into a womans leathers.

Nicksta
9th April 2007, 21:13
not the nicest pic of me Quasi ;) .. but you get the idea.... i'm stoked the one piece still gives me a feminine shape.... wore it all day today and it was sweet... hopefully wont crash test it... but i love my custom measured suit... even turned a few heads today ;)
as for helmets... i'm with Keystone... i have a small head.. and wear an XXS shoei... they are light and fit well.. i have a raid II and an XR1000.... love them both...

FROSTY
9th April 2007, 21:13
Over the last er 20 years of riding Ive churned through a fair few sets of leathers --dag namb it.
The first thing you need to decide is if you are buying a suit for thr ROAD or the track.
The way a road suit is cut and set up is totally different from a genuine RACE suit.
You can wear a road suit on the track but not visey versy
If it was me Id get a quazimodo suit then get it to the lady in St Kevins arcade to get it tailored to fit you perfectly.
Ohh one other thing --dont be fooled by fancy name branding --Ive seen some decidedly average suits--single layers of leather everywhere-though it LOOKS like its got two or three layers--single row stitching and really bad cuts of leather
All this on suits you might think are worn by the top level racers-NOT the case -Theyre made under licence to the same company and farmed out to a cheap manufacturer
Helmet wise I'd try the HJC youth size lids

QMOTO
9th April 2007, 21:22
not the nicest pic of me Quasi ;) .. but you get the idea.... i'm stoked the one piece still gives me a feminine shape.... wore it all day today and it was sweet... hopefully wont crash test it... but i love my custom measured suit... even turned a few heads today ;)
as for helmets... i'm with Keystone... i have a small head.. and wear an XXS shoei... they are light and fit well.. i have a raid II and an XR1000.... love them both...

Hows this one ??

Cibby
10th April 2007, 04:34
Hi jz, i hd the same leathers is keystone, spidi's and they were gorgeous, bit out of your price range thou, but thoroughly crash tested by me and keystone and they held up brilliant.

brands like alpine star, spidi and dainese are great brands and you can tell easily because all the moto gp riders wear them.

You can save a huge amount of money by importing them yourself from the us or even the UK, infact if you wanted, i can have a look over here for you because there is stuff here that NZ will never set eyes on and my god it is just gorgeous!!!!

i HIGHLY suggest a two piece thou unless you will be using it soley on the track cause a 1 piece can be a pain in the arse if you are just road riding and wanna stop for lunch :)

just for your interested, go to www.dainese.com and look at the new ladies YU suit, it is not even released yet but it is just stunning, easily the sexiest suit iv ever seen, and it comes with matching gloves and a helmet. hehehe

Good luck and pm me if you want me to have a look over here for ya.

Trudes
10th April 2007, 07:20
just for your interested, go to www.dainese.com and look at the new ladies YU suit, it is not even released yet but it is just stunning, easily the sexiest suit iv ever seen, and it comes with matching gloves and a helmet. hehehe

That is an awesome suit alright!! Always helps though when they stick a model type chick in them, have to wonder what a more cuddly looking chick like me would look like in it!:shit:

MotoGirl
10th April 2007, 08:21
...go to www.dainese.com and look at the new ladies YU suit...
Damn that is a nice looking suit :rockon: Here's a more precise link to it:
http://www.dainese.com/eng/articolo.asp?cat=7&nome=YU_LADY_Prof.&articolo=2513260

Bugger the white though, imagine trying to keep that clean!

Coyote
10th April 2007, 08:34
not the nicest pic of me Quasi ;) ..
You kiddin? Feel free to post up a nicer one then

Is that a 15% discount on leathers or all that you've got?

QMOTO
10th April 2007, 19:29
You kiddin? Feel free to post up a nicer one then

Is that a 15% discount on leathers or all that you've got?

All that I got dude

WasPhantom
12th April 2007, 13:35
I'd be keen on that!

Draco
13th April 2007, 22:09
Like many chicks i've got a small noggin too, i've had an HJC Junior helmet, but by far the best i've had so far is my Arai. It fits like a glove and has all replaceable inserts if it ever gets loose (so far so good thou). My only disappointment with it is it's really bad for wind noise (oh well can't win em all). I had a KBC but got caught out with the shell being too big and the padding was too loose within a couple of months so i'd recommend stayin away from them.

As for gear, if you wan't sexy girly shape I love my Revit jacket, gets lots of comments. However it did not stand up to crash testing. The leather is only one layer on the shoulders and after closer inspection of Taupo track it was torn through to the armour. Kerry is glueing/sewing a 2nd layer of leather in for me to reinforce it as I love wearing it, it's really comfortable and has great aerodynamics. Great for looking pretty but expensive when it only lasts one wreck.

Can't recommend what's good but atleast my experience can point you away from the duds. Happy hunting

cowpoos
16th April 2007, 19:01
Always wondered what it would be like to get into a womans leathers.
go back to canada

MikeyG
17th April 2007, 12:16

Thats new info to me. Is that the same designs as the one peice in a made to measure, zip together two peice? Looks like I'll be checking my piggy bank then

QMOTO
17th April 2007, 12:28
Thats new info to me. Is that the same designs as the one peice in a made to measure, zip together two peice? Looks like I'll be checking my piggy bank then

yup thats correct

Trudes
17th April 2007, 18:23
Got my custom made Quasi pants today, they are AWESOME!!!!! Thanks Quasi, recommend these to everyone with a big arse and short legs!

ceebie13
17th April 2007, 19:41
... recommend these to everyone with a big arse and short legs!

"We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz
Big arse, big arse, big arse, big arse, if ever the wiz there was..."
etc etc

ermmm...wish I'd been at the measuring up session!!
When's the fashion show Trudi?

Reminds me of when I was measured for some leathers...
The assistant said, "What side do you dress sir?"
I said, "By the window, but what's that got do do with my inside leg?"

steveyb
17th April 2007, 21:29
Have a look at www.celtic-leathers.com
Sam Fitzgerald from Isle of Man, has recently moved his whole operation to Pahiatua of all places.
Custom made leathers at competitive prices, but I don't know what those prices are...
He made leathers for Hayden Fitzgerald last year and this year.
Enjoy :-)

Trudes
17th April 2007, 22:01
"We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz
Big arse, big arse, big arse, big arse, if ever the wiz there was..."
etc etc

ermmm...wish I'd been at the measuring up session!!
When's the fashion show Trudi?

Reminds me of when I was measured for some leathers...
The assistant said, "What side do you dress sir?"
I said, "By the window, but what's that got do do with my inside leg?"

So you're back. (and already you're giving me shit!):mellow:

ceebie13
17th April 2007, 23:26
So you're back. (and already you're giving me shit!):mellow:

Ah....but it's nice shit really, Trudes. xx
By the way..which half of the K7 have you invested in? If it includes the ignition switch you're laughin' mate.

Trudes
18th April 2007, 07:19
Ah....but it's nice shit really, Trudes. xx
By the way..which half of the K7 have you invested in? If it includes the ignition switch you're laughin' mate.

Yep, I don't mind your kind of shit :sunny:
And I havn't quite decided which part I like, it is a Suzuki, so it's difficult to pick one!:shutup: Maybe the ignition, the instrument panel thing and the gear box, as that is one part I do like about it:done:

Kendog
18th April 2007, 14:49
If it includes the ignition switch you're laughin' mate.

As long as I still hold the key :yes:

Croft
28th April 2007, 21:35

Ha!!! Good to see you believe in your stuff! Good shit!!!:Punk: :rockon: :yes:

bert_is_evil
13th July 2007, 17:54
Have a look at www.celtic-leathers.com
Sam Fitzgerald from Isle of Man, has recently moved his whole operation to Pahiatua of all places.
Custom made leathers at competitive prices, but I don't know what those prices are...
He made leathers for Hayden Fitzgerald last year and this year.
Enjoy :-)

Bit of a thread dredge but I just checked out this site - this stuff looks great based on the info on armour/stitching/panels! Does anyone have one of these suits?