PDA

View Full Version : Good guys in Greymouth . . .

garfield69
9th April 2007, 19:57
There I was, half way through a big ride today with a few boys from on here, (pretty much the furthest point from home thanks to Murphys law!) stopped for gas when one of the guys politely told me I wasn't getting much further on my rear tire! Lovely big patches of steel belt where the rubber should be, and it was reasonably obvious that it wasn't going to get any better. No idea how it happened honest!
So I'm thinking Easter Monday afternoon, and the nearest metropolis is Greymouth, hmmmm not looking good, even if somewhere were to be open the chances of them having the right size tyre in stock, etc etc etc. So plans were hatched about leaving the bike in a lockup somewhere and heading back to Chch as a pillion (cheers for the offer orangeback).
Lo and behold somewhere was open, and not only did they have a tyre, I even had a choice of several different flavours!!! Just rolled on in there and minutes later the wheel was back on with a fresh new liqourice strip ready to roll!
So I just had to say a big thanks to Neville at Hughes Motor Service in Greymouth for that one. I think the Easter Bunny must have been smiling on me today.
Also a thanks to the guys I was riding with for their patience in my hour of need, cheers. Look forward to next time (with fresh rubber).