PDA

View Full Version : Anybody keen for a ride and fishing up north?

danchop
10th April 2007, 21:41
my sort of father in law has a 50ft charter launch based in houhora and if anyone is keen for a ride up there one weekend and an overnight fish(sleeps 6,plus captains bedroom)wont be game fishing cause thats boring,just normal snapper etc in around houhora/karikari,good boat with all the gear(rods/bait),good galley and excellent fridge/freezer to keep drinks cold,safe place to leave the bikes,a sat ride up and go on boat in late arvo and return sun morn then ride back from there,dont know exact costs cause ive never paid but ill find out what he charges for an overnighter if anyones keen

Bruiser
10th April 2007, 21:47
I'm keen and would like to know more please. Name of the boat and skipper, cost of charter (and rod/reel hire), and can delivery of catch to Auckland be arranged?

danchop
10th April 2007, 21:54
boat is "te wairoa" skipper is murray rae(hes an old school guy nearly 70)rods reels/bait all there as its a charter boat,too late to ring him now about cost but will do tomorrow,cause its overnight bunks are limited to 6,i went on easter saturday with about 12 others just for the day,frieghting fish to auckland can be done in advance but he normally fillets them anyway and you could carry it back

geoffm
10th April 2007, 22:26
Sounds good. Should also take the dive gear and see what is swimming down there...

danchop
11th April 2007, 19:51
ok,6 people @ $225 each,includes bait/rods/trip/dinner/breakfast/tea and coffee but byo alcohol(theres a liquor outlet there),bikes can be parked at his house undercover,would have to be a sat/sun thing leaving in arvo and coming back about 10 next morning,he generally knows by thurs the weather outlook for the weekend so if a trip is booked and the weather is not right its no problems to cancel

Bruiser
14th April 2007, 16:12
All sounds good.

We're leaving thurs 19th for a ride down south (Chch/West Coast) - back April 29th so any weekend after that would suit me so long as I have some time to plan.

Will look back in before we leave, or pm me and I'll check while we're away.