View Full Version : Fair Go tonight

SixPackBack
11th April 2007, 20:19

Colapop
11th April 2007, 20:22
People gotta do a job...

onearmedbandit
11th April 2007, 20:25
Fuck, just as I leave the car industry and we move up a couple of notches. Ummm, I thought I was one of the good ones!

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 20:26
So how many did they ask? Must have been a few hundred thousand to get a fair cross section eh?

Trubs is SixBelly, that these street survey's tend to happen when there is a big Media hunt over something so inevitably this is at the front of people's minds so the survey's are tainted.....ask the same question in 6 months and you will get a different result.

Real Estate Agents..surprised at that one as different to my experience.....whoops did you notice the point I was making.

Mr Merde
11th April 2007, 20:26
Fark, I rate criminals as the lowest scumbags around!

But according to the Fair Go poll, much more trustworthy than those whose job it is to catch them.

A very sobering attitude. You can trust a crim to be what he/she is but you cant trust a member of the police force to be what they are suppose to be.

Very sad.

Mr :shit:

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 20:27
People gotta do a job...

Too right.............................

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 20:28
But according to the Fair Go poll, much more trustworthy than those whose job it is to catch them.

A very sobering attitude. You can trust a crim to be what he/she is but you cant trust a member of the police force to be what they are suppose to be.

Very sad.

Mr :shit:

Most Police are what they are suppose to be and you cannot compare their trust to a crim.....................:angry:

Colapop
11th April 2007, 20:33
I trust a damn sight more cops than I do crims... If you wanna believe in honour among thieves wake up and smell the coffee.

marty
11th April 2007, 20:36
jeez spb - you have a fucking sad life. all you seem to worry about and spend your time doing is either slagging off the cops, or looking for ways to slag them off. you need to get out more.

Mr Merde
11th April 2007, 20:36
IRONY seems to be a waste of time on this board.

gone from this thread.

Mr. Peanut
11th April 2007, 20:38
I trust a damn sight more cops than I do crims... If you wanna believe in honour among thieves wake up and smell the coffee.

NOOOOOO THEY BE STEALIN MY COFFEE!!! :shit:

SixPackBack
11th April 2007, 20:52

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 20:53
Nothing more than they deserve. I get out plenty.

Yeah but only for an hour around the yard

kro
11th April 2007, 20:56
NZ is known as a pioneering nation for a good reason, everyone still loves bandwagons. Hey, the cops have got some bad apples, but I know who you gonna call when ya bike gets boosted. Fickle people.

SixPackBack
11th April 2007, 21:00

Mom
11th April 2007, 21:04
Funny thing though, I heard Real Estate agents getting named more than the cops tonight, I did my ticket a couple of years ago, was warned that people selling real estate were "knicker sniffers" while I was doing it.

Mind you, the police have a long road to travel before they earn back the respect of the common man/woman at the moment, lets hope they can eh guys? My opinion about them was not great for a few reasons prior to all this shit going down currently, I wait with interest to see how they go about getting me to really change my mind.

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 21:22
The point is 10 years ago had this poll been conducted no one would have mentioned the police as being the least trustworthy of professions, just the opposite I would suggest.
A sad sign of the times and reality check that a still large part of society refuses to accept.
Alarm bells should be ringing folk's.

So was there a poll 10 years ago?

Rising population, rising media coverage....the only constant is change young man...............

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 21:24
Funny thing though, I heard Real Estate agents getting named more than the cops tonight, I did my ticket a couple of years ago, was warned that people selling real estate were "knicker sniffers" while I was doing it.

Mind you, the police have a long road to travel before they earn back the respect of the common man/woman at the moment, lets hope they can eh guys? My opinion about them was not great for a few reasons prior to all this shit going down currently, I wait with interest to see how they go about getting me to really change my mind.

True Mom but at same time we only read what we read in the papers and media and I still feel that help starts with PAttitudes.......that is Public Attitudes................

The_Dover
11th April 2007, 21:27
Real Estate Agents..surprised at that one as different to my experience.....whoops did you notice the point I was making.

you must've got the gay ones.

we know how they look after their own, eh helen

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 21:29
you must've got the gay ones.

we know how they look after their own, eh helen

Yep they are all gay in fact even the lesbians...........

Mom
11th April 2007, 21:34
True Mom but at same time we only read what we read in the papers and media and I still feel that help starts with PAttitudes.......that is Public Attitudes................

Sadly though, public perception of the police is not just formed from what people see and hear and read in the media, the personal contact with plod in all manner of things for some is more than enough to confirm what they see etc........I agree with SPB it is worrying that the police are not trusted, lets hope that they start working really hard to change the current opinion that many share about them

oldrider
11th April 2007, 21:39
was warned that people selling real estate were "knicker sniffers" while I was doing it.

That would do it for me, every time! I will let you know when I am buying. :devil2: John.

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 21:40
Sadly though, public perception of the police is not just formed from what people see and hear and read in the media, the personal contact with plod in all manner of things for some is more than enough to confirm what they see etc........I agree with SPB it is worrying that the police are not trusted, lets hope that they start working really hard to change the current opinion that many share about them

You are of course wonderful......

Dunno, see your point. Guess I just see it from a different angle.

The thong I guess is that personal contact is often subjective from the person's point of view and if you weaned out those case where the offender did not accept they were wrong when they were (which must happen a lot eh?) this could distort the overall perception and of course now with all the cop bashing going on right now, when a member of the public is stopped by Police for a legitimate reason they are more likely to be less objective and be more negative towards the situation...........

Grahameeboy
11th April 2007, 21:41

Mind you Maha is not averse to knicker sniffing from what I remember...........

James Deuce
11th April 2007, 21:46
IRONY seems to be a waste of time on this board.

gone from this thread.

I think you were attempting Alannis Morrisette type irony there. You know. Not irony.

Maha
11th April 2007, 21:48
Mind you Maha is not averse to knicker sniffing from what I remember...........

Target is a totally different programme.............:o

James Deuce
11th April 2007, 21:52
I haven't met a Doctor yet that I would trust to leave a small gerbil with, let alone a real person.

I rate Real Estate agents above Doctors. I haven't met a Real Estate Agent who wasn't a lying, thieving, self-aggrandising, lump of cod-piece lint.

20 or even 30 cops out of tens of thousands who have served over the last 30 years aren't enough to sway my trust in a Cop or the force in general. The Politicians who set their policies however. I trust them less than Doctors.

Hitcher
11th April 2007, 22:06
All the Fair Go "poll" is any indication of is of people who watch the State Broadcaster: huddled in front of their TVs, wearing hand-knitted cardies, illuminated by energy-saver lightbulbs, not knowing how to operate the remote control, thinking that netball is the only competitive sport played in New Zealand, and that the Labour Gummint is going to solve all their troubles. Despite some recent bad press, I'd put my trust in the sworn constabulary any day, in preference to hoards of real estate agents and aromatherapists.

boomer
11th April 2007, 22:28
Yep they are all gay in fact even the lesbians...........

nah bro.. your confused. Lesbians aren't gay, they're vegetarians or students... DUh!

jeez spb - you have a fucking sad life. all you seem to worry about and spend your time doing is either slagging off the cops, or looking for ways to slag them off. you need to get out more.

i'm sure he'd get out a lot more if he didn't have the filthy rozzas following him everywhere he went.. poor boy is plagued by 'em

boomer
11th April 2007, 22:30
ps.. didn't watch it, but i agree.. topical issues brought to the fore don't help. That along with the fact that teh real estate agent wanted 30 odd grand for floggin my house, thieving ***ts and the rozza's just want me to pay in installments for some reason...

filth.. all ov 'em. and did you just watch the true/rel crime shit on the vatican....

meh! god botherers aka kiddie fiddlers

Virago
11th April 2007, 22:46
Yippee, another excuse for "pig-bashing".......:gob:

The Fair Go poll is simply bad timing for the police, due to unfortunate recent publicity, concerning historic events. Do the poll again in a year.......

I've just watched a documentary about the code of silence in the catholic church, around the issue of priest child-abusers. Can we do the Fair Go poll again - I want to vote for priests....

The farcical value of topical polls was brought home to me, way back in the 'seventies, when a local radio station did a massive poll to find "The 100 greatest songs of all time". Shakin' Stevens had three songs in the top ten........ "Who???" I hear you ask?

So yes, another excuse for the cop-haters to vent their pathetic spleens, but of little consequence to the rest of us.

The Pastor
11th April 2007, 22:49
cops FTL. But its not the cops fault, its the goverment's fault. Cops are just muppet puppets.

u4ea
11th April 2007, 23:20
cops FTL. But its not the cops fault, its the goverment's fault. Cops are just muppet puppets.

sadly some are lacking concience.......bring back Fozzy Bear

The Pastor
11th April 2007, 23:21
bring back police with guns!

Ixion
12th April 2007, 01:24
Fuck, just as I leave the car industry and we move up a couple of notches.

Yep, I can see the connection here. Now, if they ditched that Frosty dude, real dodgy one that, then used car salesmen would prolly come in a bit ahead of Mother Teresa

kro
12th April 2007, 06:41
So was there a poll 10 years ago?

Rising population, rising media coverage....the only constant is change young man...............

Bingo. My dad was a cop about 30 years ago, and said that if anything, you would strike a lot more "rogue" cops back then, as they were seen as a law unto themselves, and some of the troops let this go to their heads. In saying that though, he did mention that back then, the youngins didn't know everything like they do now, would listen to a rev up from a cop, and learn from it.

SixPackBack
12th April 2007, 07:11

bull
12th April 2007, 07:15
id put the media up there as one of the least trustworthy, the way they blow issues out of order just to sell a story really pisses me off, they are the main source of maori bashing and in recent light police bashing.

Grahameeboy
12th April 2007, 07:34
So this is different to the cops how?.....abusing a position of trust to intefere with chidren seems to be a common thread.

This just shows that the Police should not be singled out for offences.

There is a difference. A priest is a Priest all the time because he is a servant of God whereas a cop goes off duty so I would say that a Priest is in a much bigger position of trust.

Beemer
12th April 2007, 10:04
All the Fair Go "poll" is any indication of is of people who watch the State Broadcaster: huddled in front of their TVs, wearing hand-knitted cardies, illuminated by energy-saver lightbulbs, not knowing how to operate the remote control, thinking that netball is the only competitive sport played in New Zealand, and that the Labour Gummint is going to solve all their troubles. Despite some recent bad press, I'd put my trust in the sworn constabulary any day, in preference to hoards of real estate agents and aromatherapists.

Are you storing them away for the future Hitcher, or did you mean hordes?

It's like anything - personal experience colours your views of certain professions. When buying our house we experienced the best and worst when dealing with several different real estate agents. One lied (how unusual!) about the age of the property and wasn't prepared to keep taking back offers - she wanted one price we were prepared to pay and that was all she would present to the seller. Another one refused to tell me what road the property was in because the seller didn't want people driving past... hell, I only wanted to know where it was so I could decide if it was an area I wanted to live in (it wasn't) and whether it would be worth making a time to view! But another one was great - we didn't really know what we were looking for but he kept narrowing it down with the properties he showed us. Each one had more of what we liked and he even took us to see one property on New Year's Eve! Yes, you could be shallow and say he could see the commission coming, but he really did make us feel like he gave a damn and we have since recommended him to others who have also been impressed by his level of service.

As for cops, it's not so much a matter of respect for me - respect is something a person earns by their actions rather than automatically because of the profession they belong to. I like some cops and I hate others. Same with just about every profession.

Journalists usually score well down the scale and yet NZ doesn't really have the tabloid scandal sheets that are popular overseas. Maybe the public should reserve their hatred for women's magazine journalists!

The_Dover
12th April 2007, 10:06
This just shows that the Police should not be singled out for offences.

There is a difference. A priest is a Priest all the time because he is a servant of God whereas a cop goes off duty so I would say that a Priest is in a much bigger position of trust.

So does that mean that cops can fuck kids when they are off duty but priests can't?

Toaster
12th April 2007, 10:08

Agreed, sounds to me like someone is obviously peeved they were dumb enough to speed and get caught, and so wish to blame anyone but themselves for their own stupidity. How bloody small minded and pathetic.

Beemer
12th April 2007, 10:09
id put the media up there as one of the least trustworthy, the way they blow issues out of order just to sell a story really pisses me off, they are the main source of maori bashing and in recent light police bashing.

But when they bring something to your attention that you feel you had a right to know, I bet you don't hate them then. The media commonly provide what the public wants. Yes, they do get it wrong and sensationalise it at times but on the whole they do provide an accurate picture of events. You'd be surprised at who leaks a lot of the information to the media - and why.

As for maori bashing, give me a break! I doubt they need any help with regards to bashing, they seem to be experts at it themselves. They get all sorts of extra help that non-maori don't get and yet many of them still can't be bothered helping themselves. Anything that goes wrong is always the Europeans' fault. Take the recent case of the guy who committed a number of offences and claimed it was due to maori sickness. Or it's always because they were abused as children or didn't do well at school. Whoops, have I just succumbed to the media curse of maori bashing? Sorry, it's hard not to. Can you imagine the outcry if any other sector of the community was allowed to act like some maori do without it being reported? That is why it needs to be made public, so everyone is aware that kind of behaviour is not acceptable in a decent community.

Finn
12th April 2007, 10:10
Fuck, just as I leave the car industry and we move up a couple of notches.

Perhaps the timing was no coincidence... :love:

Finn
12th April 2007, 10:11

What maori bashing?

onearmedbandit
12th April 2007, 10:15
Perhaps the timing was no coincidence... :love:

Yeah well fuck 'em, I"m too good for them anyway.

scumdog
12th April 2007, 10:26
Members of the public are questioned on who are the least trustworthy professions. Real estate agents, Police second.
Must be an all time low for the pigs?

I'll say!!!
Second behind real-estate agents but waaay behind them in income, man that's a low alright.

Ah, did anybody catch where the media ranked in this survey? :whistle:

(I didn't bother to watch this 'show'as I've seen too many of them to think of them as 100% accurate)

Finn
12th April 2007, 10:48
I'll say!!!
Second behind real-estate agents but waaay behind them in income, man that's a low alright.

Yeah but there are similarities between real-estate agents and cops and that is they both rape, but just in different ways.

Mrs Busa Pete
12th April 2007, 12:16
I haven't met a Doctor yet that I would trust to leave a small gerbil with, let alone a real person.

I rate Real Estate agents above Doctors. I haven't met a Real Estate Agent who wasn't a lying, thieving, self-aggrandising, lump of cod-piece lint.

20 or even 30 cops out of tens of thousands who have served over the last 30 years aren't enough to sway my trust in a Cop or the force in general. The Politicians who set their policies however. I trust them less than Doctors.

Could you not say the same for real estate consultants. There has been a lot of bad publicity lately for real estate as well but i sure as hell don't put myself in some of there situations. But folks dont forget a house is only worth what someone will pay and at the end of the day vendors do not have to except the offer. As far as fees are concerned shop around dont take the first appraisal that is given and negotiate.If you have been given a a better list price by one agency and there fees are higher than the next one then go with the cheaper one and list at the price you want simple. But you guys need to realize is as an consultant i'm on call 24/7 and we in fact do a lot more work than you think.

Squeak the Rat
12th April 2007, 12:23
Let's not forget IT vendors in the list..... :innocent:

Swoop
12th April 2007, 12:25
The "poll" was up to the usual pathetic standards of tvnz...
Ask several people in the street and then come up with an amazing discovery of the "nations" attitude towards different jobs.

No wonder tvnz is the gubbinment's propaganda mouthpiece.

Broadcasting quality television to New Zealanders... Yeah, Right!

Ixion
12th April 2007, 12:29
Let's not forget IT vendors in the list..... :innocent:

Or lusers.

I wonder if the TV people thought to ask the respondants whether they trusted the criminals more or less than the cops ?

Squeak the Rat
12th April 2007, 12:34
I wonder if the TV people thought to ask the respondants whether they trusted the criminals more or less than the cops ?

At least the criminals turn up when your stuff gets stolen.

Ixion
12th April 2007, 12:40
true. And sometimes they pay you a friendly followup visit later, to see if you've replaced it yet.

Swoop
12th April 2007, 12:49

:clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl:
:niceone:

scumdog
12th April 2007, 12:59

And NEVER give you tickets....

James Deuce
12th April 2007, 13:47
Could you not say the same for real estate consultants.

No. Quite simply I have found them to be without exception scurrilous liars and incapable of listening to simple requirements in regard to price bracket and features required.

It took us 18 months and literally weeks of our time to find a house that we eventually bought because the 30 or more Real Estate Agents simply wasted their and our time. 3 Bedrooms and a garage in a particular price range over a 30 km territory of dense housing is not that hard to do you'd think.

Plus one of the Real Estate Agents, who still operates in the area we live in, threatened to "do" me if we didn't stop putting in lower counter offers on a particular property. Only one of them threatened violence. None of them could follow simple instructions. 100% failure.

The cops caught both burglars who did us over (and have since removed the leg of one of them, albeit many years down the track). 100% strike rate.

It would be up to you to prove otherwise were I to buy a house from you.

James Deuce
12th April 2007, 13:50
Or lusers.

To paraphrase Captain Jack Sparrow, you can always trust dishonest people to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for.

Krusti
12th April 2007, 14:10
Person I trust the least.........Me

Finn
12th April 2007, 14:17
Plus one of the Real Estate Agents, who still operates in the area we live in, threatened to "do" me if we didn't stop putting in lower counter offers on a particular property.

Wasn't Michael Bulgaris was it?

Mrs Busa Pete
12th April 2007, 14:18
No. Quite simply I have found them to be without exception scurrilous liars and incapable of listening to simple requirements in regard to price bracket and features required.
It took us 18 months and literally weeks of our time to find a house that we eventually bought because the 30 or more Real Estate Agents simply wasted their and our time. 3 Bedrooms and a garage in a particular price range over a 30 km territory of dense housing is not that hard to do you'd think. Plus one of the Real Estate Agents, who still operates in the area we live in, threatened to "do" me if we didn't stop putting in lower counter offers on a particular property. Only one of them threatened violence. None of them could follow simple instructions. 100% failure.
It would be up to you to prove otherwise were I to buy a house from you.

1/ do you know that 80% of house sold are not what a purchaser has asked for on inital consultatation. I for one have lost many a sell dew to a purchaser buy something completely opposite to what they have asked for.

2/It could be diffucult if there is nothing out there for sale in the price range that you are looking for.

3/ How do you know he wasn't doing what the vendor asked of him.Vendor may of said don't come back unless it's a desent offer so he would of been 100% listening to the person he was working for. And stop and think about that as one day you may be a vendor. As far as a consultant threatening you you should of told him to get off your property and dont come back. Then rang the Manger of said company and delt with them.
Wendy

James Deuce
12th April 2007, 14:23
1. We had a plan. We stuck to it.

2. There was plenty. Unless there was a large percentage of illegal advertising going on. Ring up to look at a particular property and get shown a different one. No sale.

3. Doesn't excuse threatening me with violence and how does a piece of paper hurt anyone? Simple yes or no. He was/is the Manager of that particular company.

Beemer
12th April 2007, 14:35
You know the real estate agent who refused to tell me what road a property was on so I could decide if I wanted to see it or not? A few days later he rang me at home and I initially thought he'd either changed his mind or perhaps had spoken to the seller and they didn't have a problem with me knowing where the house was. Nope! He actually rang back to have another go at me and to say that even if I offered more than what the seller wanted, he would NEVER sell the house to me! The strange thing is, when I spoke to him the first time I said "don't worry if you can't tell me where it is, I will just deal with other agencies who don't have a problem telling me the location of their properties" so it's not like I abused him or anything. I wrote a letter to his boss and she wasn't much better. Basically just said she was sorry I had not found him very helpful and wished me well with my house hunting! He is no longer working as an agent - bloody good job, he was about 90 anyway!

Bass
12th April 2007, 15:06
A large portion of the public believe most of what they see or read, as did i before i saw how they manipulate things.

My personal experience of journalists (and I have a little - experience that is) has brought me to think that there is no other group within our society that is quite as skilled at distorting the truth without actually telling a lie.
I once put this point of view to a TV3 presenter - she agreed with me

Paul in NZ
12th April 2007, 15:34
The media is a business whos 'worth' in advertising terms is based around the number of eyeballs it can attract. Many media outlets will present information in a way that attracts these eyeballs. Polls are GREAT because by loading the question you can affect the outcome....

For instance, one poll on stuff asked...

Would you support stricter policing of speed limits to bring down the number of deaths on our roads?

Of course most people said yes! But there is no supporting evidence to prove that stricter policing WILL bring down the road toll is there? (sigh)

So this is all a waste of time - it may be an indicator but thats it. Especially in light of recent cases highlighting less than desireable historical behaviour of the Police. Daft sensationalist reporting - bah humbug I say...

Hitcher
12th April 2007, 15:44
I am looking forward to the passage of Clayton Cosgrove's Bill to reform the real estate "industry". And not before time. Current legislation exists basically to protect the real estate industry, rather than the rights of people who want to buy and sell houses.

Squeak the Rat
12th April 2007, 16:06
News is aimed at the average kiwi, who quite frankly is thick enough to believe most propaganda thrown at them, be it from news organisations putting their spin on stories for profit, through to government departments brainwashing people with road safety initiatives that generate the most revenue at the least cost.

Cops probably notice the incosistent facts in news more than most people.

Mmmmm, toni......

SPman
12th April 2007, 16:24
I just start off with the assumption that every proffession is full of shit and rely on the individuals to prove otherwise - it can only get better from there on!

Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised..........but only sometimes!

marty
12th April 2007, 16:24
in our subdivision stage there are 6 sections left for sale.

all of them are owned by real estate agents, who purchased them prior to title, prior to them even being listed.

purchase price at release - $125k. purchase price now? minimum $200k.

if it's not insider trading i don't know what it is. i have spoken to the REINZ - their reply 'oh that happens all the time - it's one of the perks of the job'.

there is no higher authority, apart from the IRD, to go to.

Squeak the Rat
12th April 2007, 16:29

all of them are owned by real estate agents, who purchased them prior to title, prior to them even being listed.

if it's not insider trading i don't know what it is. i have spoken to the REINZ - their reply 'oh that happens all the time - it's one of the perks of the job'.

Have you tried a complaint to the commerce commission? Not sure if would do anything but might be worth a go.

The REINZ is a joke, albeit not a very funny one. The PCA gets bad press for looking after their own, but they pale by comparison to the reinz.

Finn
12th April 2007, 16:30

While you could argue that this may be unethical, it is certainly not illegal nor is it insider trading. You would get a more favourable response from the Auckland Zoo than the IRD. What makes you think they would be remotely interested or could do anything about it?

marty
12th April 2007, 16:35
i didn't. i'm just fucked off the section that i wanted is now for sale by the real estate agent that told me 18 months ago there was no more sections for sale as they were all privately owned and had house plans for them. only found out it was theirs as a mate looked at buying it, did a title search on it, and found out the vendor is the agent. she owns 4 of the 6 sections left. not bad at $75k profit each

SPman
12th April 2007, 16:36
Its the old boys network - been happening for decades. Its no accident that most land agents in Auckland drive Mercedes & BMW's, - and after lawyers and merchant bankers, its real estate agents who own the most houses down Victoria Avenue, in Remuera!
We got shafted on a Dairy farm purchase, some years ago - made a very reasonable offer, that was rejected - found out later that the "agent" had actually sold the farm to some lawyer mates in Auckland for rather less than the amount we had offered!!
75% of dealings, we've had with agents have been rather less than satisfactory!

SPman
12th April 2007, 16:46
Ethics is not something that seems to fit in well with the Real Estate business.

Patrick
12th April 2007, 16:52
She owns four of the 6? Selling all for a profit??? Probably sold others too recently?????? IRD might be interested, it is called "Developers Taint."

Hitcher
12th April 2007, 17:24
And what about real estate agents who are also developers? That just has to be dodgy, particularly when they have mates who are "valuers".

Bring on the Commerce Commission!

Toaster
13th April 2007, 19:00
The Police association is talking about a strike, even though its not legal, for a week.

Im sick of the bullshit comments on this website and in the public arena from people who wouldnt have the balls to do my job.

Get bent.

ps. this is not against finn.

You do a great job mate. Bling sent. Keep up the good work dude. :rockon:

Toaster
13th April 2007, 19:02
And what about real estate agents who are also developers? That just has to be dodgy, particularly when they have mates who are "valuers".

Bring on the Commerce Commission!

Yep, them lot and council insiders signing shit off, etc etc - it's all cash for them and crap on us.:sick:

Patrick
14th April 2007, 10:12
The Police association is talking about a strike, even though its not legal, for a week.

Im sick of the bullshit comments on this website and in the public arena from people who wouldnt have the balls to do my job.

Get bent.

ps. this is not against finn.

The Association has been doing that for years... In this PC world, there will be too many that will pike out and not strike!

Don't worry about the very few tossers in KB, who hide behind anonymous names abusing ya from nowhere land, they clearly do not have balls. They think they can do better but can only resort to name calling from in hiding. Ooooohhhhh, so bwave...

Plenty of supporters out there in KB land who continue giving plenty of support, way too many to list, but thanks to you all.

As for the vocal monority, whom can be counted on one hand, they can continue to play with each other or themselves, call it multi-tasking, whatever...:whocares:

scumdog
14th April 2007, 10:17
Gotta agree with Patrick (yeah yeah, bloody cops sticking together..yawn)

On cop-bashing type threads for every red rep I'll get 100+ green,(can't be buggered counting), not really worried about the bling-thing at all (:whocares: ) BUT it indicates what the attitude of the MAJORITY is like.:yes:

SixPackBack
14th April 2007, 10:30

Patrick
14th April 2007, 11:04
So why are they intending to strike?

because someone complained they got a ticket once.... and it set the ball rolling...

SixPackBack
14th April 2007, 12:01

terbang
14th April 2007, 12:47

Police, or any profession for that matter, are simply their own ambassadors. Though some professions are difficult to pretty up when there is a job to be done. An Executioner springs to mind along with dog catchers and many other jobs that we need but would rather not see.

James Deuce
14th April 2007, 12:50
many other jobs that we need but would rather not see.

Like IT. Filthy job.

NordieBoy
14th April 2007, 15:15
Fuck, just as I leave the car industry and we move up a couple of notches. Ummm, I thought I was one of the good ones!

Did it go up just before or just after you left? :shifty:

onearmedbandit
14th April 2007, 16:50
I've been gone from the industry for 3 weeks. When was the poll taken? Last week? Damn....

Patrick
14th April 2007, 19:41
You could have just answered the question smart arse.

They getting all pissy coz' Beazley spoke a few home truths?

I did... glad you like my arse though, but I'm not that sort of guy...

Beazley pointed out some things I hear, but nothing new for this fella.:innocent:

SwanTiger
14th April 2007, 22:06
Hey, the cops have got some bad apples, but I know who you gonna call when ya bike gets boosted.
:rockon:

Then again, most people on KB will put up a thread whinging about it before they call the Police.

onearmedbandit
14th April 2007, 22:19
:rockon:

Then again, most people on KB will put up a thread whinging about it before they call the Police.

Most people? I doubt that generalisation very much.

Toaster
15th April 2007, 15:23
Gotta agree with Patrick (yeah yeah, bloody cops sticking together..yawn)

On cop-bashing type threads for every red rep I'll get 100+ green,(can't be buggered counting), not really worried about the bling-thing at all (:whocares: ) BUT it indicates what the attitude of the MAJORITY is like.:yes:

Yeah mate, preach it brother. You guys have my un-dying support. Keep up the good work in a thankless and tough job. I made some great mates when in the force and have a great deal of respect for the cops out there doing their job 24/7 despite so much abuse. :rockon:

Toaster
15th April 2007, 15:26
Male prostitutes...

I saw a dude years ago swishing a long stick around a human waste sump... I guess that is what you call a true "shit stirrer". :sick:

SwanTiger
16th April 2007, 06:30
I made some great mates when in the force and have a great deal of respect for the cops out there.
So, what were you kicked out of the force for, rape? beating? racism? :dodge: