PDA

View Full Version : You pull faces in your helmet too?

Lorax
12th April 2007, 22:38
Anyone else crack themselves up while riding in your own little world that is 'The Helmet'?

I find myself making ridiculous faces, along with body postures, reminiscient of how a 7 year old boy would if he were imagining riding a Harley. Then I bloody crack up. Ridiculous. But fun. :woohoo: :2thumbsup :clap:

Say I'm not alone in this!

Or singing a song really loud? And if the motorway's empty, tooting along with my shit but enthusiastic singing? :rockon:

Hmmm? Others?

Mr. Peanut
12th April 2007, 22:41
Singing, loud. The odd maniacal laugh.

You are not alone.

Freakshow
12th April 2007, 22:42
I think you maybe be on your own with that one... Or does trying to touch the front of the helmet with your chin like a monkey count???

gijoe1313
12th April 2007, 22:51
I do incy-wincy spider, at lights I sometimes do the "I'm a little teapot" with actions. Singing is usually sotto voce of classical opera which I make up the words to (e.g. "Just the other day, I made some tuna casserole, made it wrong and threw it on the lawn" to the tune of dies irae)

And often the Mahnummahnum song from the Muppets.

Also, I play with the visor and crack it just so and use the wind to make tunes with it.

But that's just me ... :innocent:

orangeback
12th April 2007, 22:54
ESP on long rides :rockon: :gob: :scooter: :rockon: :Punk:

zeocen
12th April 2007, 22:57
I sing incredibly loud, sometimes with the visor up... I wonder if people can hear me over the exhaust, hmm..

I always pull faces, or if I'm going slow I make race bike noises.

Sometimes I talk to myself.. that's not crazy right? I mean a long straight road or the motorway, sometimes you need a friend.

Right?

.......right? :/

BarBender
12th April 2007, 23:34
I'm a mobile drum and bass unit in the morning, do 80's covers on the way home from work and love songs til midnight if I'm out late.

However none of the above is possible without anti fog...

far queue
12th April 2007, 23:35
It's quite comforting to know it's not just me then :D

Quartermile
12th April 2007, 23:45
Oh hell yea its sooooo fun:D :eek: :p :eek5:

Deviant Esq
12th April 2007, 23:50
Bwahahahaha someone besides me who does this! :killingme
Can't bloody stop laughing now! That deserves some green.

Lorax
12th April 2007, 23:50
Oh jeez this is great! I've been cracking up reading this! Great to hear some other bikers are a bit loopy.

When I've had a particularly intense day, sometimes I kind of lose it and give high five's to other bikers instead of a wave. End up laughing for a kilometer.

Lorax
12th April 2007, 23:59
Singing is usually sotto voce of classical opera which I make up the words to (e.g. "Just the other day, I made some tuna casserole, made it wrong and threw it on the lawn" to the tune of dies irae)

So true! I often find myself singing/yelling stuff like "That car was green, that one is black, I hate the wind, wish I lived in-a-nicer-place (at speed), fuck that didn't rhyme, oh well next time (stoked with myself for that one:third: ), look at that truck, fuck a duck a duck"

Then with increasing volume I repeat the last line till I need to concentrate again.

"Fuck a duck a duck! Fuck a duck a duck! FUCK A DUCK A DUCK! FUCK A DUCK A DUCK! La la-la-la laaaa! " Then Bahahahahaha in laughter.

Squiggles
13th April 2007, 00:03
does trying to touch the front of the helmet with your chin like a monkey count???

i do that alot :mellow:

mstriumph
13th April 2007, 00:23
i sing

:confused: :( and sometimes, when i'm alone on the road ......... i conduct with my feet ..........:o

zeocen
13th April 2007, 01:08
I've had some weird stares as well as smiles from people at the lights, my I use my tank as a bongo drum and make noises with my mouth like pssh tsss pssshh tsss to go with the bongo beat..

Most of the time I don't even really realise I do it untill I look around and see people looking at me, then I get embarassed :(

NighthawkNZ
13th April 2007, 07:15
I usually pulling werid faces, with an evil laff.... bwahahhahah (yes thats it bwahahahha)

NighthawkNZ
13th April 2007, 07:17
I've had some weird stares as well as smiles from people at the lights, my I use my tank as a bongo drum and make noises with my mouth like pssh tsss pssshh tsss to go with the bongo beat..

Most of the time I don't even really realise I do it untill I look around and see people looking at me, then I get embarassed :(

tinted visors in this situation works wonders... :)

Krusti
13th April 2007, 07:20
What a bunch of tossers.....:laugh:

I don't wear my tinted visor and sit at lights looking at people pretending I'm tough and cool.:innocent:

NighthawkNZ
13th April 2007, 07:41

I don't wear my tinted visor and sit at lights looking at people pretending I'm tough and cool.:innocent:

uh huuh I believe you ;)

Devil
13th April 2007, 07:46
"Fuck a duck a duck! Fuck a duck a duck! FUCK A DUCK A DUCK! FUCK A DUCK A DUCK! La la-la-la laaaa! " Then Bahahahahaha in laughter.

Ditto, but mine normally ends up as Fucka-ducka-laka-daka durka durka mohammed jihad.

sels1
13th April 2007, 08:05
Ha....time alone in your helmet - a great place to be....the singing, the conversations, the chin poking thing, all part of it. I ,for one, will never invest in a helmet comms system.

gijoe1313
13th April 2007, 08:30
There are some interesting habits of fellow "I get up to strange things" bikers! I haven't tried doing the conducting thing with my foot, but I do my meerkat impersonations (standing up on footpegs and pootling along) .. and just remembered another thing I find myself doing ... when the wind gets up and you're getting that helmet vibration, I start to sing "When the little red robin comes bop bop bopping along" :whistle: and then, my head starts to do the bop bop bopping movement as well :o must look like a headbanger to observers!

yungatart
13th April 2007, 08:36
Who says bikers are a strange lot!
I just sing. I don't have to make funny faces, the one I was born with is funny enough...
When I ride pillion, I tap out strange rhythms on the side pods....got that drummers "need to tap fingers/palms' off hXc

Goblin
13th April 2007, 08:40
Ha....time alone in your helmet - a great place to be....the singing, the conversations, the chin poking thing, all part of it. I ,for one, will never invest in a helmet comms system.Haha...Ditto. In my helmet is my space and I couldnt think of anything worse than someone else listening to what im doing in there. Nor would I want to listen to someone while Im riding. Selfish eh?

dnos
13th April 2007, 08:44
Ah yes, especially on boring bits of road ya gotta keep yourself entertained in the little world that is your helmet.
I went for a ride with a mate the other day and he accelerated up next to me as i was singing and dancing (waving hands and feet), i almost felt embarrassed but then realised he was doing the same thing.
So there we were cruising behind a couple of cars both bopping our heads and singing. Good times.

But when i get to some twisties its definitely more of bwahahah.

BTW does anybody else pull into a pretend tuck and make race bike noises at intersections?

elle-f
13th April 2007, 08:54

HAHA i dont pretend i am tough and cool but i DO pretend i am not paying attention to the lights and when they go green i race off like i am on fire!

and yes to the chin thing

Donor
13th April 2007, 08:58
I sing.

I swear at cage pilots.

I narrate my journey to myself.

I berate myself when I do something STUPID!

(That last one is the worst, I have picked up some of the wifes nagging ability, and by the gods that woman is GOOD at her job...)

But if the ride is a good one (and I don't think I have ever had a bad one) then I usually just ride along grinning like a mad fool, and start waving to pedestrians while looking the other way.

Deviant Esq
13th April 2007, 09:12
BTW does anybody else pull into a pretend tuck and make race bike noises at intersections?
LOL shhh... it's probably just us two fiddy riders pretending we had a more awesome bike... :o

I swear at cage pilots.
Yeah but everyone does that... even other cagers! We'd be bucking the trend if we didn't... :whistle:

rvf'er
13th April 2007, 09:27
From time to time i catch myseld bobbing my head to the tune im singing - I forget at times im not invisible inside my cosy helmet.

bull
13th April 2007, 09:35
Riding up the rimutakas just cant help smiling and then bursting into laughter at the share enjoyment. And after watchin 300 the other night i find myselfsaying quotes from the movie, almost feel like a spartan with all the armour and helmet. Oh and the Braveheart quotes come out alot including FREEDOM at the top of my lungs, must look like a right idiot on the bike, noone has told me so tho.

beyond
13th April 2007, 09:40
Man, you guys have lost it!! Repeat after me: "your helmet is not your room at the local asylum" :) :innocent:

Remind me not to ride with any of you!!! :) :innocent:

Yeah, I poke my helmet with my chin.
I make funny faces when I'm bored on the long straights.
I laugh like a schoolgirl when Im having a blast in the tight stuff.
I call people names loudly when they do dumb things that piss me off.

The rest of the time, expecially at lights etc, I'm riding a 1400 so I have to look cool. It's a muscle bike after all. :)

Bit like Star Trek this isn't it. You are not alone.

beyond
13th April 2007, 09:41
Riding up the rimutakas just cant help smiling and then bursting into laughter at the share enjoyment. And after watchin 300 the other night i find myselfsaying quotes from the movie, almost feel like a spartan with all the armour and helmet. Oh and the Braveheart quotes come out alot including FREEDOM at the top of my lungs, must look like a right idiot on the bike, noone has told me so tho.

Whats the 300 movie like? Worth watching? Good for the missus?

Swoop
13th April 2007, 09:50
I swear at cage pilots.:scratch:
From the pilots that I know, they seem quite intelligent.
The average cage monkey is, at best, a "steering wheel turner" and come nowhere near a pilot in terms of skill.

Stirts
13th April 2007, 09:56
I am absolutely wetting myself reading this thread....something to look forward to as a newbie

300 is awesome! One of those movies you have to see on big screen

Oakie
13th April 2007, 10:22
Oh God, yeah I'll own up. I sing badly but loudly.
Often I'll sing the somewhat rude song that starts "Four and twenty virgins came down from Inverness" ... for some reason (and in a Scottish accent). Recently bits of 'Danny Boy' have come out from under my lid and the other song that pops out is 'Always look oin the bright side of life'.
I've also noticed that I swear a lot more under my lid than I do in 'real life' but perhaps that's just because of the cagers' antics.
Finally, I also find it a good place to practice verbal presentations that I have to make for work ... most recently I spent the ride in doing the spiel I use to introduce our organisation when I'm conducting job interviews.

mazz1972
13th April 2007, 10:22
Loud singing....head nodding....foot tapping....shoulder bobbing....and standing up in low speed areas when the posterior is starting to object to being sat on for so long.

Guess it's a bit like the exercises that airlines recommend you do in-flight to avoid DVT.

Kornholio
13th April 2007, 10:24
Does screaming count??

beyond
13th April 2007, 10:26
Does screaming count??

Course it does mate. Rest easy. :)

Coyote
13th April 2007, 10:31
Glad I'm not alone on the singing thing

Kornholio
13th April 2007, 12:40
Course it does mate. Rest easy. :)

Glad I'm not alone on the singing thing

Glad Im not alone on the screaming thing :sunny:

CM2005
13th April 2007, 15:06
fuck yeah, hardout, 80's songs, "bike" noises, commentary, pretending i've just won a GP.... love it!

Maha
13th April 2007, 15:12
:scratch:
From the pilots that I know, they seem quite intelligent.
The average cage monkey is, at best, a "steering wheel turner" and come nowhere near a pilot in terms of skill.

A pilot could not do my job and i cant fly a plane.........that does not make a pilot a better driver than me....i bet they scream tho'....especially that Collins dude in charge of the DC10 v Mt Erebus.....:shit:

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 15:14
ahh the tinted visor... you can look, without 'looking' :innocent: :shutup:

I have sung from time to time... sworn at myself when I bulls up a corner (often) and even done a bridget jones....

....rev the bike while making a roaring lion face... :shutup: hehehe

Ivan
13th April 2007, 15:15
I sometimes sing along on striaghts but not round cornersi talk my way through them

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 15:16
even once forgot my ear plugs were in... engine off... gloves off.. helmet off.. crowded supermarket carpark... still singing to myself... *dont worry daniel your not mad, its ok*

Bartman10
13th April 2007, 15:33
Scream, laugh, sing, talk to calm myself down after having a moment. Go yehaa though the twisties.

It's part of the freedom of riding a bike. :whocares:

Hinckley
13th April 2007, 15:37
Singing, loud. The odd maniacal laugh.

You are not alone.

Yep me to.. try to get into key with the pipe. (dosnt work)

slinky
13th April 2007, 15:40
Anyone else crack themselves up while riding in your own little world that is 'The Helmet'?

I find myself making ridiculous faces, along with body postures, reminiscient of how a 7 year old boy would if he were imagining riding a Harley. Then I bloody crack up. Ridiculous. But fun. :woohoo: :2thumbsup :clap:

Or singing a song really loud? And if the motorway's empty, tooting along with my shit but enthusiastic singing? :rockon:

Hmmm? Others?

definately not alone, - cars must wonder y my helmet bobs from side to side, front to back...i even talk to the retard driver infront of me - behind, coming towards, - that hottie walking on the footpath.

jumma
13th April 2007, 15:45
got snapped singing free fallin' once by some local kids on their bmx's. they looked confused.

Trudes
13th April 2007, 15:47
You're all a bunch of retards!:crazy:
The only time I am silent is when I'm riding, but you've all given me some good ideas for when I'm getting bored on the long straight bits, so thanks loonies!

ManDownUnder
13th April 2007, 15:49
Pull faces??? HELL YES!

Sneezing's the worst though. Talkihg, swearing and having a good ol' natter to myself. It's the only chance I get to have a decent conversation with someone that agrees with me... coz after I get home that ALL changes

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 15:54
Pull faces??? HELL YES!

Sneezing's the worst though. Talkihg, swearing and having a good ol' natter to myself. It's the only chance I get to have a decent conversation with someone that agrees with me... coz after I get home that ALL changes

Sneezing is hazardous! ...motorway. Bad cold. Visor down. HUGE snotty sneeze.... erm... I cant see... everything is green... this is bad. Cant wipe. On the inside.. this could be bad... no... no.... *sneeze again*

Ever thrown up in your helmet? :shutup:

more_fasterer
13th April 2007, 16:04
I hope I never do. Sneezing is dubious enough.

But the rest of the time, singing, humming, swearing at my and others' inability to do the correct thing...

Bartman10
13th April 2007, 16:06
Ever thrown up in your helmet? :shutup:

Got bloody close one. Had to force it back down :sick: :sick:

alexthekidd
13th April 2007, 16:11
HeHe this thread is hilarious, Lorax you truly are a genius :D

What i do under the old lid, well on the bandit i have flipped the pillion pegs down and done a lie down on the empty motorway pretending i was Burt Munro :lol:

Singing is fun, antyhing that's stuck in my head, usually the same song about 10 times over.

When i forget the words song seem to merge into each other, is rather amusing.

Have caught myself almost doing the fat guy Numa Numa Dance
on occasions, but know i'd fall off lol

Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei? anybody????

Mai-ia-hii, mai-ia-hoo,

Kinje
13th April 2007, 16:21
Singin- favourite is 'Where is my mind?' by the Pixies (fight club) Other random songs that pop into my head or I make up on the road

Having bizarre conversations with my helmet

Mad laughing

General insane ramblings

It's soooo much fun...isn't it?...yes...I like it a lot...bwahahahaha

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 16:26
And carrots! :sick:

I know! Gee wizz... you go out of your way to eat the sodding things because "their good for you" yet, you pay for it for months afterwards.... pinch out a loaf and theres always corn! Throw up on someones front lawn... Corn! dammit!! Whats wrong with the world... cant even pinch out a loaf or throw up without seeing the corn and carrots... :innocent:

Wolf
13th April 2007, 16:34
Sing, talk to myself - sometimes a long the lines of "knew that silly bastard was going to do that, good fucking thing I was paying attention - one of us has to...", swear at stupid motorists, occasionally woohoo or yeehaa and (of course) howl, frequently grin.

Blondini
13th April 2007, 16:35
AHHHH Yes singing loudly..."looking at you through the glass,dont know how much time has past..but god it feels like forever and noone told you that forever feels like oh sitting all alone inside your head..."Is the current favourite:yes::spudbooge :weird: :spudguita And what...???? does noone else bark at dogs????:woohoo: :spudwhat:And I make big motorbike noises:Punk:

strayjuliet
13th April 2007, 16:37
Theres always corn in it isnt there? Even if you know you havent had corn in ages... you always findd corn in it... weird...

I saw a cartoon once that had a character being sick and a little leprecaun standing on his shoulder with a big bag of carrots and corn throwing handfuls into the vomit so now when ever I'm sick and vomiting I picture this leprecaun, it makes me feel a little better everytime.

Dodgyiti
13th April 2007, 16:40
I like playing up when there is a car in front at the lights with kids in it, you know, turned around staring at me.
Then I go from cool to loonie in about 3 seconds
:crazy: :wacko: :blink:
They love it, then you ride off :nya:

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 16:43
AHHHH Yes singing loudly..."looking at you through the glass,dont know how much time has past..but god it feels like forever and noone told you that forever feels like oh sitting all alone inside your head..."Is the current favourite:yes::spudbooge :weird: :spudguita And what...???? does noone else bark at dogs????:woohoo: :spudwhat:And I make big motorbike noises:Punk:

rode past a HUGE dog hanging out of a car window... splitting past the car.. the dog barked just as I got level with him... just about jumped right off my bike!!!

Dog +1
Disco 0

Wolf
13th April 2007, 17:06
rode past a HUGE dog hanging out of a car window... splitting past the car.. the dog barked just as I got level with him... just about jumped right off my bike!!!

Dog +1
Disco 0
So far I've only had that when I've been a pedestrian at night walking past houses with high fences and dogs hiding behind them - deliberately breathing softly so you don't know they're there until they let rip with a loud bark that shatters the calm of the night and jolts you out of your reverie.

Bastards.

Calo
13th April 2007, 17:20
Inside my helmet I mostly mutter about the driving habits of cage pilots. My most oft muttering is "some fuckin' indication would be nice". :scooter:

Dodgyiti
13th April 2007, 17:36

Dog +1
Disco 0

:rofl: Had both Masties hanging out the van window when a bike split up to the front of the lights, each dog had about 1/2 a metre of slime from each side of their mouths, hehehe
He stopped in front of me and all I could see across one shoulder and his back were 4 perfect goobie lines :killingme

Virago
13th April 2007, 17:43
Has anyone else noticed that the word "FUCK" sounds wonderfully loud and sharp, when spoken within the confines of a helmet????:innocent:

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 17:43
:rofl: Had both Masties hanging out the van window when a bike split up to the front of the lights, each dog had about 1/2 a metre of slime from each side of their mouths, hehehe
He stopped in front of me and all I could see across one shoulder and his back were 4 perfect goobie lines :killingme

You bastard! :rofl:

Colapop
13th April 2007, 18:33
Fark I'm not a closet loonie like you weirdo's....

I do all the above without my helmet on... wherever I am!

Colapop
13th April 2007, 18:58
Unlike those of weaker constitutions... I have no problem holding my dinner... except whn Disco starts talking about his love-life :sick: (or at least his fantasy's of having one...)

alexthekidd
13th April 2007, 19:04
Unlike those of weaker constitutions... I have no problem holding my dinner... except whn Disco starts talking about his love-life :sick: (or at least his fantasy's of having one...)

You don't mind making sure other people don't hold theirs though do you cola? :dodge:

doc
13th April 2007, 19:11

Hmmm? Others?
Toughen up man. It's a male thing you don't have to tell everyone about it.

T.I.E
13th April 2007, 19:55
big tough biker people. (politically correct )
better shut this thread down or word will get out.
so when is the musical gonna happen?:rockon:

and yep i sing, head bob.

but i might try a few i have read on here.

Meekey_Mouse
13th April 2007, 20:33
HAHAHAHA!! Thanks every one, this has been great to read :yes: I was wondering if I was alone in this the other day.. obviously not though :rockon:

I love laughing like a maniac, riding with my MP3 Player on... that way I can't hear myself and I sound brilliant :shutup: , seeing where I can move on the bike safely, tryin 2 reach the front mud guard, Talkin to my bike, talkin to myself, over takin cars whilst head bopping along to music, waving at tourists/kids in cars up front, when the road is empty swerving between the white dotted lines (practicing counter steering :innocent: ) etc..

One tip though.. if it's foggy, don't laugh or sing at the top of your lungs as you're visor tends to fog up... a LOT! :shit: :done:

Thanks for startin this Lorax, now I no longer have to wonder :yes:

I also tend to go giggle a whole lot :shifty:

MidnightMike
13th April 2007, 20:40
Usually when ive just smoked off some car fag trying to race me i crack up and my visor goes all foggy.

I'll admit to nothing else :shifty:

cowboyz
13th April 2007, 21:01
So true! I often find myself singing/yelling stuff like "That car was green, that one is black, I hate the wind, wish I lived in-a-nicer-place (at speed), fuck that didn't rhyme, oh well next time (stoked with myself for that one:third: ), look at that truck, fuck a duck a duck"

Then with increasing volume I repeat the last line till I need to concentrate again.

Are you my long lost brother? The only thing more surprising to how often I find myself doing this is that someone else also does it.

Especially on the commute to work. It is 12km of striaght road and I find myself making up all sorts of rhymes which simply dont.. and inevitably end up with FUCK/duck/truck...........

Kinje
13th April 2007, 21:30

Dog +1
Disco 0

I followed a car over the takas with a big dog in it. When I got near, the dog would bark at me through back window, then front passenger would turn round and smack the dog to stop barking, then I'd come back up close to make it start barking again...

That was fun, I was :rofl:

Cagers 0
Dog +1
Kinje +1

gijoe1313
13th April 2007, 23:46
The scary thing is when you're having a conversation with yourself in your helmet, you get a reply ... :eek5: And the reply is usually a good response to what you've been doing ...

I've also had the pleasure of sitting next to a car and listening in on a conversation and interjecting ... "pardon me, I couldn't help but overhear your problem ... supercheap is having a sale on ... 25% off, go and get yourself some of those ramps and bob's your uncle!"

first reaction was :gob:

second reaction was "cheers mate, I'll do that!"

(the problem was "I want sumthin' like, to prop my ride up at the meet so's I can show off my underbody bling - jacks are too much bother, what the feck can I put my ride on to show it off?")

And yes, there was the duff duff duff playing and the psshhwwhshss noises! :lol:

Dave-
14th April 2007, 00:12
yes but do any of you dance?

i mean dancing is hard (and embarrising) enough on the ground let alone on the bike.

so im crusing along and i start bopping up and down while pushing my knees out the sides and humming "nick nack paddy whack give a dog a bone" or was it "oh eeh oh ah ah ting tang whalla whalla bing bam"?

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~Robin Williams

Lorax
14th April 2007, 00:20
HeHe this thread is hilarious, Lorax you truly are a genius :D

Shux. Really didn't think this'd hit such a cord. I'm so proud.

HAHAHAHA!! Thanks every one, this has been great to read :yes: I was wondering if I was alone in this the other day.. obviously not though.
Thanks for startin this Lorax, now I no longer have to wonder :yes:
I also tend to go giggle a whole lot :shifty:

Blush. I'll make up a song for ya.

Are you my long lost brother? The only thing more surprising to how often I find myself doing this is that someone else also does it.

And just think, around the world at this very moment thousands of ultra cool and slightly loony bikies are singing/yeling in their own little world, trying to touch their chin to the front of the helmet, and making broom broom / vroom vroom noises... La la laaaa!

Actually, I've been enjoying putting on NRL commentators (esp Ray Warren) voices and commentating my journey lately:

McEwan... Changes into second... Changes into third... Fourth... one gear left, he needs to kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick AND WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LANE CHANGE! THE MAAAAAAAGIC MAAAAAN IS BAAAAACK! But the question on all the punters minds out there is "Is this man going to make it to work on time?" Back to you Willy...

skidMark
14th April 2007, 00:24
i'm usually too busy concentrating on my lines through a corner, considering i don't really wanna crash at 140 or 150kph thru a 65, just cus i was singing to myself

i have been know to sing songs off the ghostrider dvd's while splitting fast though,,, and pantera etc, i used to ride with my ipod on though with heavy metal, damn that stuff is evil makes me ride silly fast.

oh also see my profile pic,

ive been known to do that late at night on the motorway beside cagers to ententain them.

it's when i sat on the tank sideways and then turned round completely that they really laughed hard.

Swoop
14th April 2007, 13:52
Theres always corn in it isnt there? Even if you know you haven't had corn in ages... you always findd corn in it... weird...

And peas. Where the hell do they come from? :sick: :sick:
The answer to your questions is simple.
The appendix is designed to hold and retain diced carrots and pieces of small vegetables (helen klerke excluded) until such a time as a reversed flow of the main intestinal tract is initiated.
Even those people who have had their appendix removed are not immune to this. The reason, is that doctors have a warped sense of humour and leave a small part of the appendix attached - just for shits and giggles.
This is what my research has concluded, and I'm sticking to it... :whistle:

...does noone else bark at dogs????
Guilty... I tend to go "Ruff ruff" when passing a dog - particularly those on the back of a builders ute!

And just think, around the world at this very moment thousands of ultra cool and slightly loony bikies are singing/yeling in their own little world, trying to touch their chin to the front of the helmet, and making broom broom / vroom vroom noises...
I'm slightly more concerned at the thought of cagers saying "Oooh, here comes a big, bad, biker... better get out of their way", when really the nutter inside the helmet is going "Ring ding a dinga ding" and acting like the Crazy Frog.:done::rofl:

skidMark
14th April 2007, 14:28
geez after reading all this, i could almost class myself as one of the more sane people on this forum.

Wolf
14th April 2007, 16:42
geez after reading all this, i could almost class myself as one of the more sane people on this forum.

Almost - there is the matter of your avatar...

skidMark
14th April 2007, 16:58
Almost - there is the matter of your avatar...

thats just to piss you lot off lol

jtzzr
14th April 2007, 17:04
I sing in my helmet at the top of my voice, then the Mrs comes in and says"Are you going for a ride or what FUCK OFF" . P.s Stay away from me you crazy fockers.

Wolf
14th April 2007, 20:38
thats just to piss you lot off lol
I can actually hear the tune in my head every time I see it.

avgas
14th April 2007, 20:47
yep singing, mainly on motorways at 2am.

avgas
14th April 2007, 20:50
'Duunaaah dar dah, "In the shuffling madness, of a locomotive breath".......'

strayjuliet
14th April 2007, 20:57
My confession: I don't sing or hum or even make up rhymes in my helmet or anything like that... Yet

I do find myself wanting to polish my bike each and every chance I get and while I'm polishing it I find myself telling it all about the adventure we are yet to have with each other once I pass my bike licence.

I love my bike. I dont mind admitting that. "Am I insane?" I ask myself. After reading this thread, I dont think I'm anywhere near as insane as anyone else on this site... Yet

Krayy
16th April 2007, 11:17
Now here's my state of weirdness.....I do impressions. Usually movie quotes from Sean Connery or Michael Caine. Some of the movies featured are:

Any James Bond movie with connery in it.
Alfie
Get Carter
Entrapment
and particularly Dragonheart ("I AM the last of my kind!")

The bonus is that you can do both of them if you're reciting lines from "The man who would be King" (e.g., "They're Masons Danny!" or "Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over")

Wolf
16th April 2007, 12:17
My confession: I don't sing or hum or even make up rhymes in my helmet or anything like that...
Piss off, ya weirdo!

Yet
Oh, that's better. Make sure you do.

:devil2:

strayjuliet
17th April 2007, 17:10
Piss off, ya weirdo!

Oh, that's better. Make sure you do.

Excuse me???? You wait till you get home Wolf... its sleeping on the sofa for you!!!

Maybe you should try reading all of the post insted of half of it. But you are still sleeping on the sofa.

Monolith NZ
17th April 2007, 18:35
You are not alone. I often play little games when im riding. Such as count white cars or rate cars as they go past. Yes funny faces are also oddly fun

Dave-
17th April 2007, 19:28
scaring cages....

sliding upto a car at the lights....looking over....BOO!

or even when matching their speed its fun to just yell BOO!

deanohit
7th November 2007, 18:19
I make funny faces when I'm bored on the long straights.
I laugh like a schoolgirl when Im having a blast in the tight stuff.
I call people names loudly when they do dumb things that piss me off.
The rest of the time, expecially at lights etc, I'm riding a 1400 so I have to look cool. It's a muscle bike after all. :)

yea I make faces.:wacko:
Well I tend to laugh like a madman, but what ever does it for ya.:rofl:
Yep to the name calling.:angry2:
I ride a black dirt bike, so yea, I try and look cool, doesn't really work though. :rockon:

Just read through this thread, what a laugh. :killingme

skidMark
7th November 2007, 18:22
i'm too busy you know err concentrating on where i'm going.....and looking out for idiot cagers......

but have been known to sing death metal and pantera etc ...saliva.....while riding...

and dear god don't use mp3 player anymore used to yell myself silly....

made me ride like a bat outta hell too....

commuting thru botany at 130kph every morning was gunna get taken out...was bloodey stupid shit to do though...

but hey in a car it took me 20 mins from panmure to botany at rush hour....

on the bike it took 4 ...**oopsie** lol

deanohit
7th November 2007, 18:33
even done a bridget jones....

....rev the bike while making a roaring lion face... :shutup: hehehe
This has got to be the funniest of them all! :killingme

So some thing like this then :yawn:

Kendog
7th November 2007, 18:40
This one is titled "grrrrrrrrrr"
If this is someone here let me know, I have others of you (and I can remove the pic if you like)

sprag
7th November 2007, 19:42
I sing incredibly loud, sometimes with the visor up... I wonder if people can hear me over the exhaust, hmm..

Sometimes I talk to myself.. that's not crazy right? I mean a long straight road or the motorway, sometimes you need a friend.

Right?

.......right? :/

*does not make eye contact and backs away slowly*

And what are you talking about, you do all those without your helmet on :)

Choco
7th November 2007, 20:04
I have to admit I sometimes make race bike noises :whistle: (Sorry to my Gn250 but you just don't sound that good).
Plus usual humming,singing and swearing at silly people.

Deviant Esq
7th November 2007, 20:08
This one is titled "grrrrrrrrrr"
Hehehe recall having a giggle when you showed that one to me, classic "grrr" biker action! :laugh:

MarkDv
7th November 2007, 20:28
Found the MP3 player to be great, but had to edit the music to stuff that doesn't cause the throttle to open too far :calm:

sunhuntin
7th November 2007, 21:18
having an open face lid, im limited in what things i can do. however, i do sing, LOUDLY, and "dance" about the lane. my whole upper body goes, and my lower body moves the bike. great fun... probably looks funny as hell, but im having fun, so why not.

i damn near wet myself readin this... specially dans LION face, and the dog stories.

Weaver
7th November 2007, 21:36
When i'm in a "want to go really fast round corners, but instead i'm doing a steady pace in a straight line mood" I tend to sing. It starts off quite and in a low voice, then gets loader and higher, right up to the point where i'm screaming inside my helmet.

Wiki Drifter
7th November 2007, 23:18
.... you're all nuts. I make no noise when riding at all, I don't even swear out loud. :blink:

Mikkel
7th November 2007, 23:58
I often use my tank as a drum when waiting at the lights. I have a bad habit of cracking my neck as well. Everynow and again I sing or hum a little tune. Of course I swear at idiot drivers like I would if I was driving the cage... favorite comment a resigned "Fucking hopeless"...

Might have to work on a more original routine though if I'm to remain competitive ;)

Kjell
8th November 2007, 08:44
And often the Mahnummahnum song from the Muppets.

:Police: I'm guilty to that as well

Wolf
8th November 2007, 19:27
.... you're all nuts. I make no noise when riding at all, I don't even swear out loud. :blink:
Going by the fact that "normality" is based on what is most common in the population:

You're abnormal! :weird:

skidMark
8th November 2007, 19:34
:Police: I'm guilty to that as well

good old muppets lol...pulled up next to kittyhawk once we go off motorway singing it fully out loud visor up...in her own little world looked across and noticed i was there.....turned bright red LOL

Kittyhawk
8th November 2007, 19:39
good old muppets lol...pulled up next to kittyhawk once we go off motorway singing it fully out loud visor up...in her own little world looked across and noticed i was there.....turned bright red LOL

There is nothing wrong with screaming , oops I ment singing at the top of your lungs...some random song you made up which sounds faboulous if you understand what scat singing is!!!

Mark...you're in trouble next time you ride past my place!!!

Wolf
8th November 2007, 20:15
Mark...you're in trouble next time you ride past my place!!!
Nah, just make sure you do the same in return when the opportunity presents itself - preferably with pics or video clip...

Kittyhawk
8th November 2007, 20:24
Nah, just make sure you do the same in return when the opportunity presents itself - preferably with pics or video clip...

Sits there waiting behind the fence with supersoaker, flour bombs and camera mounted to bike helmet waiting for Mark to ride past!

Wolf
8th November 2007, 20:26
Sits there waiting behind the fence with supersoaker, flour bombs and camera mounted to bike helmet waiting for Mark to ride past!
Yep, that oughta guarantee some choice faces being pulled inside his helmet...

Possibly some funny noises as well, don't forget to switch the mic on.

Supermoto Junkie
8th November 2007, 20:27
If i carried on like I do when i'm riding while driving the cage to work, I think the men in White coats would drag me out of the car at the lights and give me a little holiday in a comfy little room with nice soft walls.....

necrolyte
8th November 2007, 21:18
Bah i feel abnormal now... i just tend to daydream, dangerous hobby though, as is looking at myself in the mirror or trying to scratch my nose...

Mikkel
8th November 2007, 22:34
Bah i feel abnormal now... i just tend to daydream, dangerous hobby though, as is looking at myself in the mirror or trying to scratch my nose...

Yeah, "scratching" your nose is a real problem with full face helmets eh! ;)

Wolf
8th November 2007, 23:50
I often use my tank as a drum when waiting at the lights. I have a bad habit of cracking my neck as well. Everynow and again I sing or hum a little tune. Of course I swear at idiot drivers like I would if I was driving the cage... favorite comment a resigned "Fucking hopeless"...

Might have to work on a more original routine though if I'm to remain competitive ;)
You could try yodelling "The Star Spangled Banner" to a reggae beat on your tank...

Mikkel
9th November 2007, 00:06
You could try yodelling "The Star Spangled Banner" to a reggae beat on your tank...

I've run out of cruise missiles lately... so I guess Scotland the Brave would be more appropriate since I've still got some whiskey left.
And I reckon the only one to ever "sing" The star sprangled banner properly was a very talented guy by the name of Johnny Allen Hendrix who unfortunately died some 37 years ago...

And I've never been too fond of reggae - guess headbanging would provide more space in the traffic anyway.

motorbyclist
9th November 2007, 02:42
does trying to touch the front of the helmet with your chin like a monkey count???

I sing.....
...I make race bike noises...

Sometimes I talk to myself...

...I use my tank as a bongo drum...

haha, guilty of all the above, plus giving a running commentary on what other drivers are doing (probably helped me to avoid a few accidents too)

but if i'm going for a hoon, i tend to stop playing in my helmet and really focus - for obvious reasons

NordieBoy
12th November 2007, 08:03
Pity the poor fools in open face helmets who can't do all this stuff for fear of ridicule by other road users :D

Mikkel
12th November 2007, 10:40
Pity the poor fools in open face helmets who can't do all this stuff for fear of ridicule by other road users :D

Actually, if they were fearing ridicule by other road users they wouldn't have gone for the openface helmet to begin with. No reason to pity them, they choose to loose. ;)

cowboyz
12th November 2007, 10:48
aprt from the safety aspect I dont know how anyone can ride with an open faced helmet anyway. I surpose the eat less fish with all the protein they get on the ride. Pain in the arse carrying toothpicks with you on the ride to pick the bugs out of your teeth though.