PDA

View Full Version : Scooter rider with attitude & a bit of cheek

Ms Piggy
27th August 2004, 22:44
Only those of you who know Wellington will be able to really appreciate this one but I'm sure the rest of you will get the general idea.

This afternoon, around 2.30ish, I was walking down Boulcott St where it meets up with Willis St. Note to non-Wgtn readers: this is the CBD of Wgtn. I noticed a guy on a scooter, I don't think it was just a 50cc one, maybe bigger. Anwaaaay...he was riding down Boulcott St and the lights went red. So next thing I notice him ride up onto the footpath, then straddling the bike he goes round the corner, onto Willis St, on the footpath and then when he got round the corner, he rode back onto the road and carried on! :killingme

It was quite busy traffic & quite a few pedestrians too, obviously it's something he does on a regular basis! :niceone: On ya mate!

merv
28th August 2004, 09:15
Sounds like he grew up as a cycle courier and still has the same style.

Cajun
28th August 2004, 09:26
i use to do that all the time on scooters

James Deuce
28th August 2004, 09:46
Excellent! Another target to dismount from a vehicle on the footpath. So far I have chalked up two skateboards, 3 human powered scooters, one motorised scooter, and a mobility chair.

Ms Piggy
28th August 2004, 10:07
It actually didn't end up being much of an advantage for him anyway b/c by the time he'd negotiated through the pedestrians and waited for all the straight ahead traffic he was possibly only 2 or 3 vehicles ahead of where he had started.

FROSTY
28th August 2004, 10:43
Yaaay--anoth nail in the motorcycles coffin. -fuckwit.
see if the general non M?C community know the difference between scoots and bikes :angry2:

Blakamin
28th August 2004, 10:48
see if the general non M?C community know the difference between scoots and bikes :angry2:

wish i was there, would've pushed the moron off :cool2:

Ms Piggy
28th August 2004, 11:00
Yeah well as much as I thought it was amusing I was also thinking it would be soiling further the already sodden biker rep but it was definitely a scooter.

Not that I have anything against scooters or their riders.

texmo
28th August 2004, 15:26
People like that give M/B's a bad name does any one ever ring up the counsil and say they saw some one on a M/B or :scooter: driving well. NO all it takes is one person and every one will jump on the band wagon look @ what happened to dogs one child gets attacked and everyone else pays the price.....

Hitcher
29th August 2004, 17:19
and a mobility chair.
I nearly got one of these in Masterton. The old prick on it rode off the footpath to cross the road without even looking. I suppose he thought that the orange flag on its "aerial" was all the protection he needed...

marty
29th August 2004, 17:58
so riding the TL on the footpath in cambridge today to drop my dvd in the return slot would be frowned upon?

the dvd was starsky and hutch - i've seen bits of it on the planes while they're in for maintennance, but only saw the whole thing last night. i reckon the funniest bit is when they're talking to the cheerleader and she gets undressed in front of them. classic!

Mongoose
29th August 2004, 19:48
so riding the TL on the footpath in cambridge today to drop my dvd in the return slot would be frowned upon?

the dvd was starsky and hutch - i've seen bits of it on the planes while they're in for maintennance, but only saw the whole thing last night. i reckon the funniest bit is when they're talking to the cheerleader and she gets undressed in front of them. classic!

I guess it depends on how many of the afore mentioned things got in you way marty. Busy intersection , many people, dropping dvd off, maybe not so many?
Its the perceived inconvenience to Jo Public that counts.

Posh Tourer :P
29th August 2004, 23:58
Its the perceived inconvenience to Jo Public that counts.

Good old Joe Public has been feminised too???

Ms Piggy
30th August 2004, 08:40
Good old Joe Public has been feminised too???

I guess it's Joe or Jo :blah:

vifferman
30th August 2004, 09:20
I nearly got one of these in Masterton. The old prick on it rode off the footpath to cross the road without even looking. I suppose he thought that the orange flag on its "aerial" was all the protection he needed...It may have been just wildly out of control - its awesome electric power too much for the old bastid...

Posh Tourer :P
30th August 2004, 12:06
Seen last night: A scooter rider along White Swan Rd, who was moving through traffic, doing about 70-80kmh at times (traffic doing 60). He was overtaking within the lane, nothing too rash. He indicated his overtaking manouvres. What struck me, was that sometimes, he undertook..... not only did he undertake, he even indicated that too!!!!