PDA

View Full Version : Scared a scooter rider today

JimO
13th April 2007, 13:29
i was heading through the main drag of Dunedin in my hilux ,pissing down with rain with a scooter sitting right behind me a litle bit too close well anyway a traffic light turns orange in front so i hit the succers and stopped the scooter guy had a panic look on his face as he slid to a stop behind me he nearly lost it bloody marvelous ,perhaps next time he wont follow so close:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

Deano
13th April 2007, 13:34
Oh god not again - another scooter scaring story........you'll end up with threats of your hilux up your arse.

Ivan
13th April 2007, 13:39
Poor scooter riding stories they are still motorcyclists too kind off

ManDownUnder
13th April 2007, 13:44
Dunno - scaring some common sense into folks seems to be the only way for some.

Hurt them - different story... make them come off and not stop to assist - well that's a whole other thread innit?

MidnightMike
13th April 2007, 13:49
Hurt them - different story... make them come off and not stop to assist - well that's a whole other thread innit?

Yeah, they would be making it.

"Some cager cunt knocked me off my scooter and took off" :mellow:

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 13:50
Scooter riders thinks they own the road almost as much as SUVs

MidnightMike
13th April 2007, 13:53
Scooter riders thinks they own the road almost as much as SUVs

They go in the bike lanes too, what dickheads. :shifty:

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 13:53
HAHAHA, Nice :yes:

Maha
13th April 2007, 13:54
"Some cager cunt knocked me off my scooter and took off" :mellow:

I was in a hurry alright.....i had run out of Chewing Tin Foil and shop was about to close....:angry:

Maha
13th April 2007, 13:56

A two wheeled Vehicle in a bike lane??....how unusual!!!!.....:scooter:

marty
13th April 2007, 14:09
i was heading through the main drag of Dunedin in my hilux ,pissing down with rain with a scooter sitting right behind me a litle bit too close well anyway a traffic light turns orange in front so i hit the succers and stopped the scooter guy had a panic look on his face as he slid to a stop behind me he nearly lost it bloody marvelous ,perhaps next time he wont follow so close:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

fuckwit. that was me. only reason i was on a scooter was cause my bike was getting serviced. i didn't think much of it at the time, but now you're taking the piss? it's no wonder young guys on scooters don't upgrade to bigger bikes to spread the word, instead they get off 2 wheels back into 4, and become a wanker too.

can't be too many cagiva 1000's in dunedin. you'll look fucking stupid with my hilux tyre iron through your front wheel, then i'll be on here laughing about it.

The_Dover
13th April 2007, 14:18
:rofl:

Drive to the conditions when they change reduce your speed!!

Sing along now kiddies.

Deano
13th April 2007, 14:22
:rofl:

Drive to the conditions when they change reduce your speed!!

Sing along now kiddies.

What if conditions improve eh Einstein ? (Aimed at ACC)

JimO
13th April 2007, 14:47
fuckwit. that was me. only reason i was on a scooter was cause my bike was getting serviced. i didn't think much of it at the time, but now you're taking the piss? it's no wonder young guys on scooters don't upgrade to bigger bikes to spread the word, instead they get off 2 wheels back into 4, and become a wanker too.

can't be too many cagiva 1000's in dunedin. you'll look fucking stupid with my hilux tyre iron through your front wheel, then i'll be on here laughing about it.
BRING IT OOOON

aprillaman............ the guy on the scooter was a fat fuck so it must have been you

Bnonn
13th April 2007, 15:22
Scooters are not motorcycles. Not according to the LTSA—otherwise you'd need a motorcycle license to drive one, wouldn't you now? So scooter riders are not motorcyclists. If you don't have to pass a basic handling course and sit a separate license test, you aren't qualified to ride on two wheels, and you should be treated with an according amount of respect. Just like if you haven't had to sit a heavy vehicles handling course and separate license, you aren't qualified to drive an SUV and should be treated with an according amount of respect. In many ways scooter riders are just like SUV drivers. They think they're the bloody bees knees and invincible to boot. Why they think this...I could not even hazard a guess.

Of course there are the exceptions. Some genuine motorcyclists ride scooters—but then, they know what they're doing, and don't follow too close, right? RIGHT?

Only a fewl brakes the two-second rewl (four-second in the wet, eh)...

damo
13th April 2007, 15:42
Mopeds are under 50cc and you only need your class 1 (car) ticket to ride em.

shit loads of scooters now are 100-250cc and as such, u should have completed a basic competency test to be riding it.

so the answer is... a lot of scooter riders are motorcyclists.

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 16:11

shit loads of scooters now are 100-250cc and as such, u should have completed a basic competency test to be riding it.

Are you gay or do you like sticking up for filth that clogs and thinks it own our roads?

MidnightMike
13th April 2007, 16:15
Are you gay or do you like sticking up for filth that clogs and thinks it own our roads?

C'mon now, you used to ride one remember? :sunny:

cynna
13th April 2007, 16:16
another fucken tought cunt taking on a scooter. way to go dickhead

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 16:17
C'mon now, you used to ride one remember? :sunny:

Key word matey I also occasionally drive a cage, guess what don't do it cos I like it:mellow:

cynna
13th April 2007, 16:25
and in another year or so u will hate all 250s as they are the filth that clogs up out roads. o and also the gay people that like them

Bnonn
13th April 2007, 16:47

Actually, any two-wheeled vehicle with an engine power output greater than 2 kW is classified as a motorcycle. Unfortunately, it's not the people riding 2 kW+ machines which are the problem. It's the pillocks on 50 cc 1980 Vespas which pull three horsepower and a maximum speed of 45 downhill.

I'm quite happy to acknowledge larger scooters as motorcycles. I haven't seen their riders pulling stupid shit like tailgating in the wet. (Of course, I still think scooters are for weanies.)

Big Dave
13th April 2007, 17:06
Some of you dipshits should go and ride a new Vespa.
it's a motorbike with smaller wheels. Really good fun.
Lots of people ride them and bigger bikes too - me occasionally.

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 17:14
and in another year or so u will hate all 250s as they are the filth that clogs up out roads. o and also the gay people that like them
Nah man, I love my 250, still think my FXR was a legend bike:yes:

Never liked my scooter transport A to B(never thought I'd use that expression)

davereid
13th April 2007, 17:16
You're a wanker JIMJIM.

Anybody who deliberately puts another person at risk to get a buzz is a tosser.

So he was following too close - big deal, wouldn't do you any harm even if you did have to an emergency stop.

Forest
13th April 2007, 17:31
I don't understand the scooter hate. It's really lame.

If a scooter isn't a motorbike because it doesn't require a special license, then what the hell does that make a trike?

bull
13th April 2007, 17:45
Dont you just love it when people try and do something to stop accidents and inadvertantly heighten the chances of an accident. No points for trying to cause an accident mate. Yes you would have been in the right but the scooter rider may have ended up in the paralysed, tough lesson to learn and just coz they were following too close. Next time maybe think first and then drive defensively, perhaps a bit of flashing brake lights to tell them they are too close but not a hard braking manouvre.

JimO
13th April 2007, 17:49
another fucken tought cunt taking on a scooter. way to go dickhead

FEEL THE LOVE

JimO
13th April 2007, 17:50
You're a wanker JIMJIM.

Anybody who deliberately puts another person at risk to get a buzz is a tosser.

So he was following too close - big deal, wouldn't do you any harm even if you did have to an emergency stop.

GET A BIG DOG UP YA

JimO
13th April 2007, 18:01
Dont you just love it when people try and do something to stop accidents and inadvertantly heighten the chances of an accident. No points for trying to cause an accident mate. Yes you would have been in the right but the scooter rider may have ended up in the paralysed, tough lesson to learn and just coz they were following too close. Next time maybe think first and then drive defensively, perhaps a bit of flashing brake lights to tell them they are too close but not a hard braking manouvre.

HANG FUCKING ON A MINUTE IF I TAILGETED HIM AND HE STOPPED AND I PUNTED HIM FROM BEHIND I AM A CUNT........BUT HE TAILGATES ME I STOP AND HE IS THE VICTOM. SHOULD I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE INTERSECTION ON THE ORANGE. WOULDNT HAVE GOT THROUGH BEFORE IT TURNED RED SO I GET TBONED -FUCK THAT- HE IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE DRIVING DEFENSIVELY- I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ME AND FOR LOOKING OUT FOR WHATS HAPPENING IN FRONT NOT WHAT THE DICK BEHIND ME IS DOING- I CHOSE TO STOP FOR A ORANGE LIGHT HE CHOSE TO RIDE IN THE WET AROUND 2 METERS FROM MY BACK BUMPER...SO FUCK HIM AND FUCK YOU AS WELL...HOW MANY POINTS DO I GET FOR THAT

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 18:15
HANG FUCKING ON A MINUTE IF I TAILGETED HIM AND HE STOPPED AND I PUNTED HIM FROM BEHIND I AM A CUNT........BUT HE TAILGATES ME I STOP AND HE IS THE VICTOM. SHOULD I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE INTERSECTION ON THE ORANGE. WOULDNT HAVE GOT THROUGH BEFORE IT TURNED RED SO I GET TBONED -FUCK THAT- HE IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE DRIVING DEFENSIVELY- I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ME AND FOR LOOKING OUT FOR WHATS HAPPENING IN FRONT NOT WHAT THE DICK BEHIND ME IS DOING- I CHOSE TO STOP FOR A ORANGE LIGHT HE CHOSE TO RIDE IN THE WET AROUND 2 METERS FROM MY BACK BUMPER...SO FUCK HIM AND FUCK YOU AS WELL...HOW MANY POINTS DO I GET FOR THAT
Dunno how many does my bling give:D

JimO
13th April 2007, 18:17
thank you ........and i didnt stop to scare him i stopped because thats the LAW

marty
13th April 2007, 18:47
either stick by your tough guy story or go away. don't back down like a Loser.

Quartermile
13th April 2007, 18:47
You wana get angry at someone who purposely endangered a scooter:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=47375

bull
13th April 2007, 19:00

Your Thread header and story led me to believe that you purposely had braked to try and cause the scooter to rear end you. Apparently from your very defensive stance on the matter it is POINTed out that this was not the case, so i humbly apologise for assuming the worse of you. So thats 1 POINT :whocares:

cynna
13th April 2007, 19:06
your very defensive stance on the matter it is :

in other words backing down

Bnonn
13th April 2007, 19:20
Keke, look at you fewls, getting all worked up about something someone said on the intarweb.

JimO
13th April 2007, 19:23
Your Thread header and story led me to believe that you purposely had braked to try and cause the scooter to rear end you.

like i want a retard on a scooter rearending my $50000 hilux

sunhuntin
13th April 2007, 19:55
whether it was deliberate or not, the scooter rider needs to back off. what if jim had had to emergency brake for a dog or child on the road, or a car backing out of somewhere? i hate tailgaters for that reason, and its also the reason i dont tail gate... no room for error!

Mr. Peanut
13th April 2007, 20:30
I had a 125cc scooter, great fun.

They don't brake as well as motorcycles though, as there isn't the weight on the front wheel, and the tyres aint so hot. Hence the difficulty the scooterista behind you faced.

I slid the front wheel on slick tarmac on more than one occasion.

breakaway
13th April 2007, 20:38
I would'nt classify most of these moped / scooter guys as "bikers". They didn't have to get a motorcycle licence (BHS and the Theory), and consequently lack the skills.

I take myself as an example here. If I had just bought a moped instead of my RG150, I'd just start riding it straight away. No training, no nothing. I bet I'd do a lot of stupid shit. But since I bought a 150cc bike, I needed a licence, and consequently, seeked the help of a mentor (JimmyB), who showed me the ropes, and I learnt heaps from him. This no doubt made me a better rider.

In my very short time on the roads, I've seen several of these moped fellows do stupid shit (ride on a packed sidewalk to bypass red lights and just forgetting to turn off indicators).

My 2c.

Madness
13th April 2007, 20:46
......a traffic light turns orange in front so i hit the succers and stopped the scooter guy,........he nearly lost it bloody marvelous.....:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

It doesn't matter what a person is riding, Scooter, Harley or Gixxer, they're still vulnerable on the road, like all of us.

SHOULD I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE INTERSECTION ON THE ORANGE.

YES. :angry:

Virago
13th April 2007, 20:57
It doesn't matter what a person is riding, Scooter, Harley or Gixxer, they're still vulnerable on the road, like all of us.

YES. :angry:

Can you then confirm then, as Jimjim has asked, who would have been in the wrong if the roles were reversed? If Jim had tailgated the scooter, and had then rear-ended it when it stopped at a traffic light?

Or is Jimjim wasting his time trying to get some bikers to see past the one-eyed "Biker is always right, cager is always wrong" mentality?

Madness
13th April 2007, 21:15
I can confirm that if I was in the described situation I would not have "hit the succers" (southern word for brakes). I would not have thought the fact that a motorcyclist nearly collided with my vehicle was "marvellous". I doubt very much indeed that had I been in the described situation that I'd go on KB and appear to many to be bragging like a tosser about it.

Playing with cagers is one thing, shit like this might cost them a bumper. Bikers break easy, I'd give that more concern than running an orange, officer.

Bnonn
13th April 2007, 22:48
So, hang on, are you saying that Jim should have broken the law on the off-chance that obeying the law would cause an idiot to be hurt through that idiot's own fault? Just how much responsibility are you placing on him for the willful recklessness of the scooter rider? What the hell happened to bikers taking personal responsibility?

Yes, it is "marvellous" that the plonker got a fright and had to nail his "succers". I'm sure that Jim would have been telling a totally different story if the scooter rider had actually come off and hurt himself. I imagine he'd probably have hopped out of his Hilux to make sure the chap was okay, dolt or no. But the fact that he didn't come off, but was still forced to realize his doltishness, will hopefully cause him not to be a pillock in future, and yeah, that is bloody marvellous.

Madness
13th April 2007, 22:58
So, hang on, are you saying that Jim should have broken the law on the off-chance that obeying the law would cause an idiot to be hurt through that idiot's own fault? Just how much responsibility are you placing on him for the willful recklessness of the scooter rider? What the hell happened to bikers taking personal responsibility?

Yes, it is "marvellous" that the plonker got a fright and had to nail his "succers". I'm sure that Jim would have been telling a totally different story if the scooter rider had actually come off and hurt himself. I imagine he'd probably have hopped out of his Hilux to make sure the chap was okay, dolt or no. But the fact that he didn't come off, but was still forced to realize his doltishness, will hopefully cause him not to be a pillock in future, and yeah, that is bloody marvellous.

Actually far from it, I simply posted what I think I would have done in that situation. Each to their own, you think it's marvellous, I think it's stupid.

A yellow signal means stop, unless you are so close to the intersection that you can't stop safely.

I would have considered the scooter riders safety & may have decided that stopping may have been unsafe (http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/roadcode/about-driving/giving-way-at-controlled-intersections.html)

:done:

Dave-
14th April 2007, 00:01
I would'nt classify most of these moped / scooter guys as "bikers". They didn't have to get a motorcycle licence (BHS and the Theory), and consequently lack the skills.

I take myself as an example here. If I had just bought a moped instead of my RG150, I'd just start riding it straight away. No training, no nothing. I bet I'd do a lot of stupid shit. But since I bought a 150cc bike, I needed a licence, and consequently, seeked the help of a mentor (JimmyB), who showed me the ropes, and I learnt heaps from him. This no doubt made me a better rider.

In my very short time on the roads, I've seen several of these moped fellows do stupid shit (ride on a packed sidewalk to bypass red lights and just forgetting to turn off indicators).

My 2c.

to be honest the BHS test is pretty much common sence, when i sat it they had me on a scooter for half of it anyway, i mean, turn, indicate, stop in a box, and weave (which i have noticed sooterers do anyway and think they're so cool for it)

as for the lisence test...it was a joke, 25 of the 35 questions are the cager lisence test, the other 10 are stuff like:

when nearing a corner you should:

a. break before the corner
b. break in the corner
c. invert your reality
d. dont break at all

more common sence, anyone who lacks this much common sence would be lucky to be alive by age 6 let alone an age acceptable to go your your lisence.

the one thing that ticks me about scooters....is they can take a pillion...from day 1....take a slower weaker unstable machine and make it more so...

Virago
14th April 2007, 11:13
A yellow signal means stop, unless you are so close to the intersection that you can't stop safely.

Yes, but the key word is YOU. You must stop if you can do so safely, NOT whether or not you think the person behind you can stop safely.

"Honest officer, I thought the person behind me might run into me." Yeah right.....

terbang
14th April 2007, 11:35
Only a fewl brakes the two-second rewl (four-second in the wet, eh)...
Too right, but in this case the scooter rider must have been following at an appropriate distance, because he didn't end up wearing the SUV.

terbang
14th April 2007, 11:38

And I put 1/4 bikes into that category too.

terbang
14th April 2007, 11:40
thank you ........and i didnt stop to scare him i stopped because thats the LAW

Correct and he didn't hit you either. So neither of you were in the wrong. Your judgement that he was too close must have been incorrect or you would now have the imprint of a scooter and rider in the back of your ute.

Grub
14th April 2007, 11:49

Back off noddy. The only dickhead is you for rednecking about scooters. They're bikers man, treat them with the same respect you want for yourself

NordieBoy
14th April 2007, 12:03
Scooters are not motorcycles. Not according to the LTSA—otherwise you'd need a motorcycle license to drive one, wouldn't you now?

Tell that to a Suzuki Burgman rider :D

Quartermile
14th April 2007, 12:36
And I put 1/4 bikes into that category too.
Yea well I put your opinion in the 'I don't care' so :bleh:

MidnightMike
14th April 2007, 15:25
The only dickhead is you for rednecking about scooters. They're bikers man, treat them with the same respect you want for yourself

Actually most of the scooter riders ive talked dt (on 50cc scooters) just piss around on them, ride like shit and wear a t shirt, shorts and jandals when riding, so im sticking with my opinion in saying there not really bikers, just cagers wanting to save some cash. :motu:

davereid
14th April 2007, 15:37
So exactly how many cc does your bike need to be a "serious" motorcycle. ? Or maybe only Harleys and Triumphs count ?

Anyone on a bike is a biker. Even if they don't wear designer leathers. Even if they are elderly, female, black and ride badly.

Sometimes the attitudes of newbie bikers on this site amaze me. They get rid of their L plate, and assume they now own the road.

You see it here all the time - "anyone going slower than me is a moron" "anyone going faster is a nutter" "he's not wearing gloves, lets knock him off his motorcycle and teach him a lesson"

Sometimes Kiwis really let me down, the arrogant closed minds that make this country the shit hole that it is.

danchop
14th April 2007, 16:44
first time i got a scooter to own was 3 years ago in my 30 odd years of owning motorcycles and ones with a bit of grunt can be a whole new dimension in fun of riding in cities except for fat people riding who slow them down terribly,theyre really quick steering,fly down lanes in between cars at lights with so much ease and really piss agitated car owners on the motorway in jams but the best thing is you get away with things from cops a whole lot easier than riding a sportbike round town because a lot think every small scoot only does 50 and theyre causing no harm:scooter:

sunhuntin
14th April 2007, 17:38
Actually most of the scooter riders ive talked dt (on 50cc scooters) just piss around on them, ride like shit and wear a t shirt, shorts and jandals when riding, so im sticking with my opinion in saying there not really bikers, just cagers wanting to save some cash. :motu:

yep...ive never seen a pair of fuzzy red elmo slippers worn on a full sized bike, thats for sure!!

and as for what constitues a real bike...anything big enough you have to throw a leg over.

botb
15th April 2007, 09:31
LMAO *pulls up a chair and her bino's to watch the action* hey we are all entitled to use the roads why don't we just all get our heads around that!!! O and in a perfect world there would be no idiots doing stupid things on any form of motorised vehicle/bike :whocares: stressing about it only ages you i reckon JimJim you made the call to stop OK your well within your rights and law.... dude behind came to no grief so all is good he may have had a fright, you too probably! right lets get over it and move on.... and as for the people that bag everyone on here for what they ride :whocares: you people are really shallow i mean wouldn't it just be Maaarrvelous if we all had the same haircut all lived in an A-frame all drove a black car all rode a XZYQ 10'0000 shit people it's the difference's in our lives that it make it bloody worth living!!!! :Punk:

Bnonn
15th April 2007, 12:47
Don't be ridiculous. This is the problem with people these days. They think that everyone has a right to everything and that responsibility is merely an inhibition of some God-given freedom (but don't bring God into it coz they don't like him).

We aren't all entitled to use the roads, and neither should we be. There are certain minimum requirements that you have to meet before you can ride or drive, and those minimum requirements quite frankly are not stringent enough, given how many accidents (often fatal ones) occur every day. Maybe you don't care about the fact that the average person is not capable of competently piloting what is effectively a guided mass-missile but is nonetheless allowed to do it—but others of us do. A "who cares" attitude is what is shallow. If you aren't furious, you aren't paying attention.

Bass
15th April 2007, 13:33
I guess it comes down to whether or not you feel any responsibility to cover for other road users. It can sometimes mean protecting them from themselves, or you can take the gene-o-clean point of view and just look after yourself. It's up to you - there are arguments for both points of view. It just depends on how your conscience is arranged.
Personally, I will cover for others provided that it doesn't put me at risk.

MidnightMike
15th April 2007, 14:13
and as for what constitues a real bike...anything big enough you have to throw a leg over.

I reckon its anything you need a bike lisence to ride. :done:

Quartermile
15th April 2007, 14:35
So exactly how many cc does your bike need to be a "serious" motorcycle. ? Or maybe only Harleys and Triumphs count ?

Anyone on a bike is a biker. Even if they don't wear designer leathers. Even if they are elderly, female, black and ride badly.

Sometimes the attitudes of newbie bikers on this site amaze me. They get rid of their L plate, and assume they now own the road.

You see it here all the time - "anyone going slower than me is a moron" "anyone going faster is a nutter" "he's not wearing gloves, lets knock him off his motorcycle and teach him a lesson"

Sometimes Kiwis really let me down, the arrogant closed minds that make this country the shit hole that it is.

Even Honda riders?:scratch:

botb
15th April 2007, 15:52
Don't be ridiculous. This is the problem with people these days. They think that everyone has a right to everything and that responsibility is merely an inhibition of some God-given freedom (but don't bring God into it coz they don't like him).

We aren't all entitled to use the roads, and neither should we be. There are certain minimum requirements that you have to meet before you can ride or drive, and those minimum requirements quite frankly are not stringent enough, given how many accidents (often fatal ones) occur every day. Maybe you don't care about the fact that the average person is not capable of competently piloting what is effectively a guided mass-missile but is nonetheless allowed to do it—but others of us do. A "who cares" attitude is what is shallow. If you aren't furious, you aren't paying attention.

LMAO guess what i'm not going to be drawn into your petty argument about who's 'allowed' to do this or that seems you have mis-interpreted my post ... i think most are privy to the fact that there are minimum requirements and yes in a perfect world no-one will get hurt or accidents won't happen and i'm betting (fairly confidently) that your are one of those people that gets all red in the face and starts swearing and abusing some-one who momentarily slips up in their concentration and god forbid forgets or appears to not know the road code shhhheeeesss chill out and good luck in your endeavour to rid the world of un-worthy cretons :whocares: :whocares: :whocares: o and are you not average??? seems to me you have a very negative attitude and i think your an idiot if you think that just because you have passed a BHS test and a few scratchy bits of paper that your entitled to ride (motorcycle or otherwise) anybody can do that!!! (you have stated that in a previous post) i reckon nothing can put you in good steed other than experience and even then experience may not save you from an accident as for your stance on scooter riders and the like get over it mate your a tosser as i said before everyone is entitled to utilise their local roads idiot or not and if you don't like the actions of some who are less responsible than others tough what are ya going to do about it ???? getting angry about it does nothing so!!! :whocares: and when i say :whocares: i mean personally i ain't gonna twist my knickers over it how about you start your own anti-idiot road user party and join the election scramble or start a protest about "gay scooter riders" LMAO then you can really be heard!!! rather than acting like a child and hiding in a forum!!!! designed for any IDIOT who happens to like riding!! be it a 50 cc bloody moped or a rumbling harley :done: cmon red bling me lol ....
By the way i've ridden with JimJim nice bloke great rider and i'm sure he had or has no intentions of trying to hurt said scooter rider .......

Drum
15th April 2007, 16:13

Well I was reading this thread thinking this is funny the kids are fighting again, and then I read your comment - and it pissed me off!

If you think this magnificent country is a shit hole, then fuck off back to whatever flaming paradise you came from.

sunhuntin
15th April 2007, 16:26
botb... no, not everyone has the right to use the roads. im with bnonn. the license getting is way too easy. and the penalties way too light.

i had a jackass steal $70 worth of gas from my work today. we alerted the cops, and a few hours later, he was caught doing 127k down a 50k street, that is populated by families with young kids.

this bozo does not have a right to share the roads. he is dangerous and could easily kill someone. going to court on tuesday... whats the bet all he gets is a warning??

there are too many idiots on the roads, which is exactly why accidents often happen: driver error. and its usually the innocent who gets seriously hurt or killed.

Bnonn
15th April 2007, 17:28
Kudos, sunhuntin. You're a braver man than I to struggle through the illegible babble that botb passes off as posts. I tried to parse her illiterate and randomly-formed verbiage but gave up after my eyes started bleeding. The last thing I read was—

get over it mate your a tosser
My suspicion is that the rest of her arguments are about as profoundly and eruditely couched, so I'm working on the assumption that I haven't missed anything. I didn't realize we let primary schoolers on these boards. Or is she actually old enough to ride, but suffers from some kind of learning disability which prevented her passing Form 1 English? Whatever the case, she ain't helping the reputation of the deep South...

JimO
15th April 2007, 17:57
By the way i've ridden with JimJim nice bloke great rider and i'm sure he had or has no intentions of trying to hurt said scooter rider .......[/QUOTE]

i liked that bit...i had no intention of hurting scooter man..... but did enjoy watching him struggle to keep it upright in my mirror same as any of you would enjoy seeing a dick getting caught out because of his own stupidity.....just look at all the youtube posts regarding various people making dicks of themselves. The intersection was at the end of George st at the fredrick, Pitt st and London st anybody who knows Dunedin will know this intersection it would be a good 50 to 80 meters across also the speed limit is 30ks so when i stopped on the wet road he wasnt far behind when he stopped he would have been 6 inches behind me (isnt there something about stopping in half the clear road ahead) . A previous poster said i should go through the orange i would be about halfway through when it turned red (also read previous posts regarding red light runners) so what if a sportsbike jockey with a hair trigger was off as soon as his light was green he becomes a hood orniment on my hilux (when has a hilux become a suv) i could say to said brused and battered m/cyclist ...sorry mate i went through because the guy on the scooter was following to close and i didnt want him to hurt himself or his scoot, i an shure you will understand. the scooter guy was riding on wet roads lots of white lines, manhole covers etc far to close to the car in front, he is at fault not me i have been riding m/cycles since i was 15 (1975) and consider myself a considerate car driver always looking out for bikes and when im riding my bike i treat everybody like they are out to get me. Perhaps i shouldnt have said it was marvelous in the first post (earned a few reds) but the look on his face was marvelous.

botb
15th April 2007, 18:35
LMAO seems i have hit a raw nerve !!! some just don't like being challenged i guess, well free speech and all :buggerd: So what tool did you use to get that sphincter so tight bnonn? and by hell i'll have my say illiterate or not i even roll me R...R r rrrrrr 's and damn proud of it !!! :doh: ( go on ya deerrrtyy varmit git outta the godammitt *boom boom* ferkin vermin ....)

Go whinge to your MP if your that concerned about it then!!! you people crack me up your quite happy to bitch and moan about something your not happy about from your armchair .... BUT.... do F@$k all about it GET OVER YOURSELVES!!

* And am i right in saying that if you hold a current licence for the vehicle you are driving or you are over 8 years old and are competent on a pushbike YOU have a basic right to use the road, regardless of wether you are an idiot or not?? I'm not condoning what aforementioned idiots get up to.... as I say that is beyond my control and I ride/drive to look after myself and others around me, as a singular unit on the road that is all I can do!!! unfortunately others do-not follow a survival code, so do stupid things! but is me getting angry and worked up over it going to change idiots on the road???? urrrmmmm nope it ain't * ( now is that in simple enough english for you )

rossi
15th April 2007, 18:50
you go for it botb :)
every one has the right to use the rd and its up to us to make it safe for all
even if your abit close to the car in front

Virago
15th April 2007, 20:08
........Whatever the case, she ain't helping the reputation of the deep South...

You were doing fine up until that point.

If we're going to make assumptions about geographical areas based on opinions about one person, should we Southerners assume that all Hamiltonians are self-superior, bible bashing dickheads?

JimO
15th April 2007, 20:24

If we're going to make assumptions about geographical areas based on opinions about one person, should we Southerners assume that all Hamiltonians are self-superior, bible bashing dickheads?

hahahaha...

Bnonn
15th April 2007, 20:42

Are you asking for my permission? You're presumably at least half-grown up, so please be my guest to do whatever you want. But I didn't make any assumptions about geographical areas based on opinions about one person, did I? I referenced an existing stereotype for a cheap and easy jibe. Have people here not learned about arguing on the internet? Do I need to post that picture of the poor kid in the Special Olympics?

K, I'm gonna bow out now while this is still funny (:

Virago
15th April 2007, 21:08
.......Do I need to post that picture of the poor kid in the Special Olympics?.....

Alas, too many newbies here think that pictures is rather funny. The rest of us know that it both tiresome and offensive to the forum members with handicapped children.

.......K, I'm gonna bow out now while this is still funny (:

:bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

botb
16th April 2007, 08:22
Are you asking for my permission? You're presumably at least half-grown up, so please be my guest to do whatever you want. But I didn't make any assumptions about geographical areas based on opinions about one person, did I? I referenced an existing stereotype for a cheap and easy jibe. Have people here not learned about arguing on the internet? Do I need to post that picture of the poor kid in the Special Olympics?

K, I'm gonna bow out now while this is still funny (:

PFFFtttt and all this from a dude that says he 24 on his profile and your other wee buddy is 22 lmao how bout you get back to the older members on how they should conduct themselves when you have a little bit more life experience .... and :bye: o and comment about "poor kid" pretty low but that has shown your maturity i have several close friends with Downs children and they would beg to differ on your opinion that a picture of someones child attending an event they live for and enjoy immensely is something entertaining!!!

Bass
16th April 2007, 08:39
as any of you would enjoy seeing a dick getting caught out because of his own stupidity......
No mate, I don't.
I've been first on the scene at 4 prangs now and in every case, some dick was caught out by their own stupidity.
In no case did it make trying to put them back together any easier or more satisfying.
However, I do agree that a good fright can have theraputic value - I just don't take any satisfaction in administering it.

slowlegs
25th May 2008, 18:12
Hey guys, car drivers sometimes don't see bikes. Some even have the attitude that "mine is bigger than yours so I am better than you". If your attitude is scooter riders are sub human and should be pushed around or intimidated on the road then are you any better than the "cage drivers" everyone whinges about on here? I ride a scooter, I also did a handling skills course before I started. I have also been in an industrial accident which wasn't my fault and know the long term effects of a serious injury. If someone is a bad driver on a bike or scooter they often get caught out eventually, you don't have to be the one who "teaches them a lesson" because they are doing something wrong or you don't like them or what they ride. Yes the guy who was on his scooter was riding like a dick although he did manage to stop even with his poor bike skills, remember with orange lights - rule is stop if you can safely (not orange means slow, red means go like some of my fellow Aucklanders). You never know when a "real biker" could be coming through the intersection the other way.

JimO
25th May 2008, 18:55
wow.............that was a long time ago

skidMark
25th May 2008, 19:29

Damn, perhaps you need sintered pads in your hilux, or tyres with more grooves for the wet... = fail.

skidMark
25th May 2008, 19:31
Hey guys, car drivers sometimes don't see bikes. Some even have the attitude that "mine is bigger than yours so I am better than you". If your attitude is scooter riders are sub human and should be pushed around or intimidated on the road then are you any better than the "cage drivers" everyone whinges about on here? I ride a scooter, I also did a handling skills course before I started. I have also been in an industrial accident which wasn't my fault and know the long term effects of a serious injury. If someone is a bad driver on a bike or scooter they often get caught out eventually, you don't have to be the one who "teaches them a lesson" because they are doing something wrong or you don't like them or what they ride. Yes the guy who was on his scooter was riding like a dick although he did manage to stop even with his poor bike skills, remember with orange lights - rule is stop if you can safely (not orange means slow, red means go like some of my fellow Aucklanders). You never know when a "real biker" could be coming through the intersection the other way.

Yeah mine is bigger than yours so i get first dibs. what ya point. scooters arnt bikes.

desmo dave
25th May 2008, 20:04
Dont blame jim blame the tomota.It didnt have the grunt to get through the intersection in the time available. Scooter boy with an interest in tyre irons learnt something....maybe

FJRider
25th May 2008, 20:21
Dunno how many does my bling give:D

AND mine:niceone:

RC1
25th May 2008, 20:43
Yeah mine is bigger than yours so i get first dibs. what ya point. scooters arnt bikes.

yeah but yours is limp and broken so slowlegs is faster at the mo :baby:

FJRider
25th May 2008, 20:44

Actually, there's quite a few. Do it to the WRONG one... and its your haemorrhoids that gets the massage. What ya doing down here, Thought you were in cambridge ??? Who's doing the service ???

slowlegs
31st May 2008, 18:51

My point is pretty obvious. If you have a bigger vehicle and will come off better in an accident it doesn't give the right to intimidate others on the road. This is half the reason car drivers don't look for motorcyclists or scooters or trikes or anyone on this site when they are out riding whatever. Car drivers will always come out better off so don't give a damn. It's nothing about visibility. A car driver will pull out on a yellow motorcycle with lights on on a sunny day before they will pull out on a nearly invisible big rig on a wet day.

Not to get too far off topic though:
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Motorcycle–noun 1. a motor vehicle similar to a bicycle but usually larger and heavier, chiefly for one rider but sometimes having two saddles or an attached sidecar for passengers.

A Motorcycle is perhaps not a "bike" either as technically a "bike" doesn't have a motor which is what turns a "bicycle" into a motorcycle.

alanzs
31st May 2008, 19:12
I was riding in the CBD here in Auckland and a scooter rider, wearing shorts and jandals, and no helmet, was weaving in and out of the traffic. He manuevered himself to the front of the line of cars, on the left, at the light. When the light turned green, the guy took off, at about 5 kmph. The car behind him just about rear ended him. The guy turned back and while looking back almost hit a parked car and had to violently swerve. I just laughed, seeing the look of utter shock on this scooter guys face. What an idiot...

TOTO
31st May 2008, 19:45
scooters are bikers. 2 wheels and an engine is a motorbike no matter the scale.

FLYMO
1st June 2008, 20:54
i got t boned by a lollie salesman in a cage
broke his hubcap and totalled the scooter
ye said he was going to file a claim in chch and i did mine bout 20 mins after
ami payed out the next morning
his lollies are shit anyways