PDA

View Full Version : Drive through? Ride through?

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 15:21
Anybody gone through a 'drive through' on their bike? Like McD's etc?

You look like a pillock, feel like a pillock and getting the spotty faced cashier to understand a flipping thing your saying without taking your helmet and gloves off.... *right Kurfufle*

...I did it once, ordered a combo.... was handed a drink. *woops* ...what a dumbarse... put it on the ground, took my happy meal and rode off.. :innocent:

Any other pillocks?

Trudes
13th April 2007, 15:27
I've thought about it a couple of times, but figured I'd look like a twat, especially with nowhere to put said crap food after getting it, not too fond of greasy crap down my jacket. I've walked through a drive through a few times.

Maha
13th April 2007, 15:33
took my happy meal and rode off.. :innocent:

Any other pillocks?

Did ya get a toy???.....
And why would ya do this?...they have seats inside!!.....:yes:

The_Dover
13th April 2007, 15:36
I hitched throught the Wendy's drive through on Dominion Rd once.

They wont serve pedestrians, I was starving, shit faced and the restaurant was shut.

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 15:48
Ever tried getting an Amulance through drive thru?
There are one or two places it is possible (pending no cars in front of you in case we get a job), the rest become walk thru's.

Can you get your knee down in those things? :innocent:

I always get distracted looking at the toy, and bump over the speed bump too quick...

bobsmith
13th April 2007, 16:12
do it all the time. uhhh... I mean used to when I still had a bike...

Now next time you go there on your car, reverse through the drive through and get your passenger to order (since the microphone will be on their side)

alexthekidd
13th April 2007, 16:16
i did at McD's once and asked the guy to but the meal in my bag

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 16:17

Now next time you go there on your car, reverse through the drive through and get your passenger to order (since the microphone will be on their side)

I used to go through in a mini (one of many i've had!) and if I got to close to the window, I was so low i had to stick my head out the window to see the window!

crashe
13th April 2007, 16:18
Yep I have been throu the 'drive throu' at Waitakere City Council's new building to pay my rates bill.

Rode up behind the car ahead of me and waited til it was my turn.

Then pulled up to the allotted area where the pull out tray is.
Turned off the bike and took off my gloves and found the bill and eftpos card and paid the bill.

I couldnt hear a word the lady was saying as I still had my helmet on and she is behind the special glass window.

Paid the bill and put the gloves back on and turned on the bike and rode off.
Never got off my bike at all.

The person in the car behind me was smiling.

Well it saved me parking up and locking my bike and walking up approx 50 steps and then walking inside and joining the long queue to pay the bill and then walking down all those steps and unlocking my bike.

NighthawkNZ
13th April 2007, 16:29

I have in the past (but no drink) couple of burgers and fries... just threw all in tank bag and was away no problem. I have a flip lid helmet as well :D

Matt
13th April 2007, 16:36

Never had the urge to do it on the bike - but I used to take my RHD pommie car through drive-throughs in Germany when I worked there - was really difficult to reach over, and it always raised a few laughs (as did trying to get into most car parks with the ticket machines at the entrance).

Dodgyiti
13th April 2007, 16:46
Never tried it by myself, that is dorkie!:thud:
Tried it with a pillion to carry said precious goods, yes we both ordered a combo, yes they came with a drink, and yes it is hard getting Coke off the whole rear of the bike and your riding gear.:oi-grr:

NighthawkNZ
13th April 2007, 16:51
Never tried it by myself, that is dorkie!:thud:

I have also done th efull grocery shopping (two of us on seperate bikes) fully laden with groceries...

the sad part was we had to go back the next day to get some food..

moral don't go shopping when you are hungry :)

Dodgyiti
13th April 2007, 17:38
Don't get me wrong, we were doing fine, she had the two drinks in the cardboard drinkie thing they give you, and they were nestled in her lap - away from the wind.
Then I had to break a little sudden and you can guess it all went downhill from there

NighthawkNZ
13th April 2007, 17:47
Don't get me wrong, we were doing fine, she had the two drinks in the cardboard drinkie thing they give you, and they were nestled in her lap - away from the wind.
Then I had to break a little sudden and you can guess it all went downhill from there

just laff with it... all part of the fun

Grahameeboy
13th April 2007, 18:04
How long did it take you to get through DD?

And stop feeling 'Pillocks'............

Disco Dan
13th April 2007, 18:30
How long did it take you to get through DD?

And stop feeling 'Pillocks'............

...always go to the wrong window... end up sitting there for ages.... :rofl:

gijoe1313
14th April 2007, 07:56
I prefer to get off the bike and go inside the store. Much easier and due to the attire I wear, always gives people the shits and giggles to all in! :blink: :laugh:

Recently I've been visiting Donor at his coin replenishment activity centre (a place which renumerates your hours worked, for coin of the realm). Usually I've been dropping off variegated food products from the local Wendys (Mt.Wellington if you must know) and have become an expert in riding with a drink nestled in the inside pocket of my jacket and the bag of goodies zipped up also! Usually I have my backpack and the food goes in there. The drinky sits nicely and as Donor can attest to, still cold by the time it gets to him!

Now... wasn't there a thread about someone finding a toaster oven that runs on 12v? :lol:

Krusti
14th April 2007, 08:00
What's next Disco Dan? Go give a car wash a go and report back!:laugh:

Donor
14th April 2007, 08:07
Mmmm... variegated food products from the local Wendys... :D

Hellraiser
14th April 2007, 09:13

You look like a pillock, feel like a pillock and getting the spotty faced cashier to understand a flipping thing your saying without taking your helmet and gloves off.... *right Kurfufle*

...I did it once, ordered a combo.... was handed a drink. *woops* ...what a dumbarse... put it on the ground, took my happy meal and rode off.. :innocent:

Any other pillocks?

I'm still getting over the fact that;

a) you found said drive through

and

b) you found your way out

gijoe1313
14th April 2007, 09:31
I'm still getting over the fact that;

a) you found said drive through

and

b) you found your way out

:laugh: :banana: :2thumbsup :lol: :clap: :killingme :rofl: :kick: :jerry:

ooh, burn!

Finn
14th April 2007, 09:45
Any other pillocks?

No, just you.

thehollowmen
14th April 2007, 10:31
tank bag for the food, pillion to hold two drinks

Disco Dan
14th April 2007, 10:51
No, just you.

Cheers for that Sophie... :shutup:

Beemer
14th April 2007, 10:54
I haven't been through a drive-through on the bike but I did once be part of a push-through in a car! I was going out with a guy who drove an old Audi that was notorious for breaking down (as opposed to 'braking' which is what one of the other posters meant!) and it was pretty noisy. The girl couldn't hear his order so he turned the car off and then it wouldn't start again! She said "please drive to the next window" a couple of times until he said "I would if the fucking car would start". We all had to get out and push it to the next window then into the car park to eat our meals! It was so embarrassing!