PDA

View Full Version : Name for bike rental company?

Lance
15th April 2007, 14:52
Mate of mine in Oz is starting up a new rental bike co.
Focasing on Budget prices
He needs a name that will work well for internet sales

Any suggestions

Sniper
15th April 2007, 15:08
Pay Google vast amounts of money like we do, doesn't matter what you call it them :lol:

Serious advice though, if you are looking to come first in searches ect, Have a name starting with A for alphabetical reasons. Stay away from stuff like Aussie or Australian bimke rentals as it will just become part of the background. It needs to stand out in a search. Stay away from using Budget in the name as well for obvious reasons.

Alpha Motorcycles, Amazing Motorcycle Adventures for example

Where abouts is he planning on basing his buisness?

Big Dave
15th April 2007, 15:31
www.rentashitter.com.au

snipers advice is good. tell the story.

Lance
15th April 2007, 16:06
Thanks sniper good advise. Buz is in Melbourne but dont want the name to limit future posibilities.

Sniper
15th April 2007, 16:20
Thanks sniper good advise. Buz is in Melbourne but dont want the name to limit future posibilities.

Ok, same applies, don't use names like "Melbourne Bike Rentals" or similar, as like you said, there is potential for the buisness to go further.

On the budget side of things, how budget are you talking, as well as what sort of bikes? The variety of things involved in choosing a name is quite immense, its not just a matter of going, "Oh, I'll call it such and such". You need to have a good name based on the buisness. Making it stand out isn't a bad idea, but you don't want to go overboard. For example, "Macs Amazing Aussie Bikes for all price ranges" will put a few folk off (As well as hurt like fuck when writing out where you work :p) As well as "Motorbike Rentals" can be boring and like I said, it will put your name in the background while searching. If you set up a website, make sure you mention the name in the keywords as well as on the site a fair bit. Search engines tend to like it for some reason. (Thats what I've found, someone might be able to say why).

KISS is a good principal to work with when starting a buisness..

Lance
15th April 2007, 17:13
Ok, same applies, don't use names like "Melbourne Bike Rentals" or similar, as like you said, there is potential for the buisness to go further.

On the budget side of things, how budget are you talking, as well as what sort of bikes? The variety of things involved in choosing a name is quite immense, its not just a matter of going, "Oh, I'll call it such and such". You need to have a good name based on the buisness. Making it stand out isn't a bad idea, but you don't want to go overboard. For example, "Macs Amazing Aussie Bikes for all price ranges" will put a few folk off (As well as hurt like fuck when writing out where you work :p) As well as "Motorbike Rentals" can be boring and like I said, it will put your name in the background while searching. If you set up a website, make sure you mention the name in the keywords as well as on the site a fair bit. Search engines tend to like it for some reason. (Thats what I've found, someone might be able to say why).

KISS is a good principal to work with when starting a buisness..
The bikes will be CBR 600 and 1000s YZF 600 and the odd touring big bike as we find them. I just bourght a DL1000 2005 14500kl for $3500 will only cost about 500 to get it back up, no seriouse damage at all.We were going to dispence with the insurance and keep the price down. My mate is a bike restorer and recons he can fix any damage with the cost one needs to put up for excess. We recon we can rent a CBR1000 for under $100 per day.

JimO
15th April 2007, 17:18
The bikes will be CBR 600 and 1000s YZF 600 and the odd touring big bike as we find them. I just bourght a DL1000 2005 14500kl for $3500 will only cost about 500 to get it back up, no seriouse damage at all.We were going to dispence with the insurance and keep the price down. My mate is a bike restorer and recons he can fix any damage with the cost one needs to put up for excess. We recon we can rent a CBR1000 for under $100 per day.

what does dispence with insurance mean.........no insurance at all??? what if one of your clients takes out a new BMW or Porche a large road bike could easy total a car, Your clients may also be uninsurable because of prior dic or insurance fruad so where does that leave you

Colapop
15th April 2007, 17:19
So you're going to focus solely on road bikes? Aussie Ride Rentals? Or some such clever derivative.

Sniper
15th April 2007, 17:21

My best tip I can offer you. Get insurance. Some places will do a buisness deal, but in my honest opinion, he is a fucken moron if he dares go without insurance. Pass on your excess to the customer as part of the contract. If he does take the risk and hires a bike sans insurance and some dickhead writes it off and then skips the country, how is he going to get it fixed up? It all comes out your pockets and all it takes is for the chap to cancel the credit card they gave you and you are screwed. Seriously, get insurance, I have seen a couple of car rentals go under very quickly when they took the "I can get it fixed myself" attitude (Harsh I know, but thats my opinion)

Good pricing if he reckons he can do under $100 per day, shit, I would be interested. Looks like you are going to be an all rounder outfit. How about something like 'Alpha Bikes' or 'All Rounders Bike rentals'? Be aware that you will get folk asking to hire a bike in Melbourne and drop in Perth or stupid shit like that, have you taken into consideration what you would do then?

S

Sniper
15th April 2007, 17:22
So you're going to focus solely on road bikes? Aussie Ride Rentals? Or some such clever derivative.

Stay away from using "Aussie" you want to stand out in a crowd

Colapop
15th April 2007, 17:24
OK how about "Convict" then?

Lance
15th April 2007, 17:40
Good pricing if he reckons he can do under $100 per day, shit, I would be interested. Looks like you are going to be an all rounder outfit. How about something like 'Alpha Bikes' or 'All Rounders Bike rentals'? Be aware that you will get folk asking to hire a bike in Melbourne and drop in Perth or stupid shit like that, have you taken into consideration what you would do then?

S[/QUOTE]

Year I here what your saying about insurance and I intend to take this up with him after I consult a insurance broker. We should be able to cover the risks and still offer a good deal without being anal about all the things that piss me off with rental companies. Like the one in europe that tried to charge me 500 euro for a scratch on the top box. We want to be biky freindly as far as posible without being shafted ourselves

Timber020
15th April 2007, 18:16
Better battered bike brokers

Aussie roadbike sevice experts (ARSE)

affordable rental sportbike experience (arse again!)

Sanx
15th April 2007, 18:51
"Angie" ... Every girl I've ever met called that was a cheap ride too.

Sniper
15th April 2007, 20:10
Year I here what your saying about insurance and I intend to take this up with him after I consult a insurance broker. We should be able to cover the risks and still offer a good deal without being anal about all the things that piss me off with rental companies. Like the one in europe that tried to charge me 500 euro for a scratch on the top box. We want to be biky freindly as far as posible without being shafted ourselves

Fair enough dude, but remember, you need to cover risks to others though.

Just trying to offer advice

Meanie
15th April 2007, 20:20
How about "Rent A Ride"
Never had to rent a bike myself and didnt realise how expensive it was till now

danchop
15th April 2007, 20:27
i dont know what aussie rules are but here you must hold a rental license and part of that license requires the rentee to be offered full insurance coverage,as i found out a few years ago insurance is a big killer in pricing rentals because its compulsory,unless he wants to operate like a back door business and then many potential rentees like americans/germans wont touch vehicles without insurance,but hey its in aussie and many abbos would gladly hire the bikes without insurance if its cheap

ynot slow
15th April 2007, 20:46
awesome dollar rentals;you wreck we rant.

Sniper
15th April 2007, 21:00
i dont know what aussie rules are but here you must hold a rental license and part of that license requires the rentee to be offered full insurance coverage,as i found out a few years ago insurance is a big killer in pricing rentals because its compulsory,unless he wants to operate like a back door business and then many potential rentees like americans/germans wont touch vehicles without insurance,but hey its in aussie and many abbos would gladly hire the bikes without insurance if its cheap

Could I ask where you found that out from?? Because it sounds like someone fed you a load of shit mate.

Sure you need a buisness license, but insurance is not compulsary for hiring out a vehicle. Not from what Ive learnt anyway.Its sure as fuck recommended though, for obvious reasons.

danchop
15th April 2007, 21:17
when i sat my rental license back in 97 it was in the core module book as part in parcel with obtaining a rental license,im pretty sure it is law but its one of those things you can get away with if you rent vehicles out and nobody has an accident because i doubt anyone polices it until shit happens

danchop
15th April 2007, 21:19
just like a few dealers who rent bikes out dont have rental licenses