PDA

View Full Version : Just dropping in

FlyingDutchMan
28th August 2004, 12:14
Hi guys! I've just found this site. It good to have a NZ oriented site.

I've been riding bikes for a while now... I started off riding a dirt bike for 10 hours a day scaring birds away from grape vines. Good pay for a piss easy job. Then I got a GN125, got my Ls and hit the road. Managed a Chch-Taupo return trip in it :), and for a good portion of the trip it did 120km/h :D. The bike went alright, but certainly left me wanting more despite the good run I had with it. So while that bike sat gathering dust (it sorta died on me) I went out looking for something bigger and better that was leaner legal... and found me a honda CBR250R. Certainly having great fun with it at the mo.

Cheers,
FlyingDutchMan

Storm
28th August 2004, 12:25
Good to have another member to the family. :spudwave:

KATWYN
28th August 2004, 12:44
Hi there FDM, welcome. this is a really good site to
be a part of.

Ms Piggy
28th August 2004, 12:46
Welcome FDM :wavey: There a few ChCh based KBers around. You'll make some great contacts NZ wide on here though.

toads
28th August 2004, 12:51
Hi guys! I've just found this site. It good to have a NZ oriented site.

I've been riding bikes for a while now... I started off riding a dirt bike for 10 hours a day scaring birds away from grape vines. Good pay for a piss easy job. Then I got a GN125, got my Ls and hit the road. Managed a Chch-Taupo return trip in it :), and for a good portion of the trip it did 120km/h :D. The bike went alright, but certainly left me wanting more despite the good run I had with it. So while that bike sat gathering dust (it sorta died on me) I went out looking for something bigger and better that was leaner legal... and found me a honda CBR250R. Certainly having great fun with it at the mo.

Cheers,
FlyingDutchMan

wow chch to taupo on a gn125 that's pretty legendary mate, welcome to the site, it's good to have another enthusiast along, I did gisborne to auckalnd on a honda 100 when I was young (gulp), out of the question these days though!! lol

カワサキキド
28th August 2004, 13:08
Is your the Black one I've seen at uni?

Blakamin
28th August 2004, 13:24
WOW... welcome FDM... would have loved to have seen your adventure...would've made a good doco!

Posh Tourer :P
28th August 2004, 14:10
(it sorta died on me)

I wonder why??? :bleh:

k14
28th August 2004, 14:55
Is your the Black one I've seen at uni?

Nope thats mine :D Although its in a bit of a sorry state at the moment :weep:

カワサキキド
28th August 2004, 15:57
What happened to it? has it been resprayed because it was looking pretty shiny last time I saw it.

Is your's one of the white, blue and red ones dutchy?

FROSTY
28th August 2004, 16:21
gidday there dude-welcolm to the KB gargre.
Anoth CHCH member--you guys are starting to outnumber us dorkland guys.

FlyingDutchMan
28th August 2004, 16:38
What happened to it? has it been resprayed because it was looking pretty shiny last time I saw it.

Is your's one of the white, blue and red ones dutchy?

Aye, indeed it is. Heres a pic I took a week or two ago:
http://203.79.112.118/CKstuff/snow.jpg
Spot the home plastic welding job on the front fairing... my mum actually thought it was there to make it look good, not cause I lowsided it. The side fairings are very slowly in the process of getting sanded back for a bogging and a new paint job.

It was a damn horrible day to go riding... there was about an inch of snow on the road by the time I got home :pinch: .

A doco on me riding the GN125 to taupo? It would been one very patient film crew. The reason it died is that it got holes in the diaphram in the carb... ran like an absolute bitch... and I couldn't find an affordable carb for it so I sold it (the buyer knew about the problem).

カワサキキド
28th August 2004, 16:56
I took me little KR to uni that day, great fun in the snow, bit cold thou.

カワサキキド
28th August 2004, 17:01
Are you going to spray it your self or get it done at a shop?
I've been looking to get my ZXR painted.

FlyingDutchMan
28th August 2004, 17:11
I haven't really decided yet, but I am a poor student, so I'll probably try a spray can job. If it works well on one fairing, I'll do the others as well. Otherwise, I'll try my luck with my brother and get him to arrange it through the airforce.

カワサキキド
28th August 2004, 17:15
I'm going to have a go with the cans too, as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer.

What are you studying at uni?

FlyingDutchMan
28th August 2004, 17:30
Next thing on shopping list: small orbital sander.

I'm doing a masters in Elec eng. Hopefully finishing in Dec - I'm sick of being a poor uni student. What do you do?

カワサキキド
28th August 2004, 17:33
cosc and japa, 1st year.