PDA

View Full Version : Vic club Rd 5 (Clubmans)

svs
28th August 2004, 18:54
Left Paraparaumu at around 6:15 in the dark, freezing rain. Definately not the most auspicious start to the day. However, by the time we got to Manfeild, the weather wasn't looking to bad - cloudy and cold - but no rain.

Went out for practice qualifying and quite enjoyed the trip around. I was paying much more attention to where I was on the track, and it seemed go OK. Qualified 2nd on the grid for the rest of the day. Done that before, and I know there are a few faster people in the race so ....

BTW Pole sitter as Ross whose done the rest of the vic club rounds in F1 on his GSF1200 - so I was allowed to be behind him :)

First race, was dicing with Paul on the CBR400 and Peter on the TZ350. Got a little way ahead and stayed there to finish 4th.

Second Race was way more interesting. Ended up around 8th/9th into the first corner so things were a tad busy for the first few laps. Tony on the R1150GC (with enduro tyres!) put in a good show for the Beemer. Passed someone up the inside on Castrol - which is the move I tried last time when I came off - fortunately this time it worked. Picked my way up to 4th again. Knocked a few more tenths off my fastest lap time in the bargin.

Third race - best start of the day, fourth into the first corner. Stephan Lys lost the front at castrol on the first lap so up to third. Stayed there for the rest of the race. :third: Stephen picked himself up and went on to finish 6th - beating me by one point to take 3rd overall for the day.

Nicko deserves a prize for the best mono down the entire length of the main straight in the 2nd F1 race. well done that man :first:

Mitch needs some asprin and duct tape after grabbing a handful at the hairpin and going down on her head. All a tad worried for a while when they sent the ambulance out - but Mitch can bounce so was walking round the paddock later - the poor gsxr looking a bit sad again.

So, for everyone who didn't make the trip up from welly cos the weather was crap :bleh: we had a nice :sunny: day. It threatened to rain a couple of times, but never did. Roll on round 6 ......

Motoracer
29th August 2004, 23:12
Cool! Nice to hear that you are doing well svs :)

I am sorry to hear about mitch's off but glad that she managed to walk away from it.

bluninja
30th August 2004, 06:14
What is it with Mitch and hairpins?? :spudwhat: Glad she bounced ok. Go the yellow SV

SPman
31st August 2004, 08:22
Go the yellow SV
That your old one, Simon?

bluninja
1st September 2004, 05:25
Yup, probably got a much swifter (safer?) pilot aboard.