PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle hit an Audi at over 220km/h

SpankMe
16th April 2007, 11:59
He's dead jim.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=001_1176678796"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=001_1176678796"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

Always assume a cage is gonna pull in/out of a side road.

Roj
16th April 2007, 12:04
He's dead jim.

after-life jim, but not as we know it

Kornholio
16th April 2007, 12:09
Very nasty. I T-boned a car in the same spot but only at 100kph....

Northpoint
16th April 2007, 12:20
Hardcore...

placidfemme
16th April 2007, 12:29
Arrggg trying to watch it but its taken about 9 minutes to buffer 32%... and then it freezes and stops buffering...

Only saw to the point where the camera was hovering around the car and the bike wreck...

Still looks VERY nasty... Other than excessive speed, who was in the fault?

SpankMe
16th April 2007, 12:34
Cage making a left turn from right side of the road as biker approaching at high speed. The cage might have seen the bike but didn't realise the speed he was travelling so thought it was OK to turn into the side road.

vifferman
16th April 2007, 12:34
I hit an Audi at about a quarter of that speed. Weeeellll... I don't actually know how fast I was going, but I told the cop I couldn't have been going faster'n about 40 km/h, as I'd just come around the corner :innocent:.
It was good enough for him.
I wasn't dead, Jim, but it was nearly enough to make me chuck in motorcycling for good.
Farkn Audi drivers....

placidfemme
16th April 2007, 12:39
Cage making a left turn from right side of the road as biker approaching at high speed. The cage might have seen the bike but didn't realise the speed he was travelling so thought it was OK to turn into the side road.

oh ok... so I'm assuming by your post "he's dead jim" your refering to the biker?

Babelfish
16th April 2007, 12:58
dang...always hate the sound of cars swishing past at an accident scene...like life going on around a space where time has stopped.

Its a beige audi too, surely that would have been a factor in the accident

imdying
16th April 2007, 13:04
Won't be speeding on public roads again now will he...

Would be more interesting to know if the rider of the yellow GSXR will be. I'm guessing not in a real hurry :/

S&S
16th April 2007, 16:10
CRIKEY! :shit:

SpankMe
16th April 2007, 16:29
This is a quote from:

http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/...6&page=1&pp=15

This was a discussion on the cbrworld.net forum a couple years back.

Quote from the camera man:

"I'm the one who filmed this nasty accident. I was returning with 2 of my friends from a local race 350 km away from my town. These guys were returning also, they came just to watch the race. The road is very nice, good quality and twisty. Here is the driver fault, the guy in red leather said that they were speeding and this driver wanted to take left, he first stopped, and they thought that he is gonna wait until they pass, but in the next second he pushed the gas pedal thinking he has time to pass....and this horrible accident happend. The lady is ok now. I don't know about the driver but he is guilty and he must be judged for killing a man.

This guy with Yamaha was riding pretty fast but well...he passed by us in a curve and he put he's knee down...they were pretty good. I can say that on that bike you could find whatever you wanted, steel brake lines, steering damper, full akrapovic exhaust, michelin pilot power tires, quickshfter...everything money could buy, tha bike was new. Also the rider had all equipment, full leathers, gloves, boots, helmet but nothing could save him from the accident. We arrived after 1 or 2 minutes after the accident, we tried to help the guy but it was useless...and then i took my cam and start filming. Everybody was shocked, i haven't seen such a wrecked bike. The front wheel was stucked in the cars wheel, everything was cracked.

Ambulance arrived after 15 or 20 minutes, police same...this is because the main cities were situated at 30 and 40 km away. But i don't know if the guy could be saved.One of my friends is saying there that he saw him shaking and then giving his last breath. He was really shocked about this.

From what i've understood after the accident is that the guy was really bad injured inside his body, many organs destroyed. He was a rich man from one of Romania big cities, he was manager of 3 companies he was 27 year old and motorcycle was just a hobby for weekends. But this hobby killed him. "

mynameis
16th April 2007, 19:49
I guess there's a price you pay for speeding on public roads whether it was the car's fault or his, who really knows the right story.

Chances of him surviving if he was doing 100 odd k's would have been much higher.

Bridge under the water now, life lost, many lives affected, lesson learned.

RIP fellow biker.

Brett
16th April 2007, 20:38
Always a sobering reminder why such speed on the public road is not a bright idea...many of us are guilty of it though...there but for the grace of God...

MotoGirl
16th April 2007, 20:58
Always a sobering reminder why such speed on the public road is not a bright idea...
Doesn't look like excessive speed anywhere is a bright idea if there are objects nearby. Like they say, "It's all fine until you hit something".

That was very sobering and it just proves that the best gear in the world isn't going to save you from an impact like that. :gob:

The_Dover
16th April 2007, 21:00
moral of the story

don't crash into german cars.

I hit a toyota and only scuffed my bollocks

cowpoos
16th April 2007, 21:11
moral of the story

don't crash into german cars.

I hit a toyota and only scuffed my bollocks
hmmm...I rode in to a cow and fuckin bruised mine!!!

Shadows
16th April 2007, 22:00
Arrggg trying to watch it but its taken about 9 minutes to buffer 32%... and then it freezes and stops buffering...

Only saw to the point where the camera was hovering around the car and the bike wreck...

After sitting here like a noddy for ages I realised that I needed to click the play button again. Try that if you haven't already.

SpankMe
16th April 2007, 22:03
Thats always the case for embedded video in a browser. It just like a separate window, gotta click once to make it the current window.

onearmedbandit
16th April 2007, 22:10

Suuurrre, 'rode' into one. Sure.

Shadows
16th April 2007, 22:56
Thats always the case for embedded video in a browser. It just like a separate window, gotta click once to make it the current window.

Yeah I realised that, but when the buffer ran out it paused so I had to click play again. Not sure if that is always the case... I haven't had a video stop streaming on me for a while.

T-Thunder13
17th April 2007, 22:02
free muffler, stoked!

Lorax
17th April 2007, 22:16
Man that's stink. Real stink. Sad.

Breaks my heart, no matter who's fault. Lives destroyed. Terrible.

scumdog
17th April 2007, 22:33
Crikey!
Can't possibly have been speeding - EVERYBODY on KB knows speed doesn't kill!:whistle:

riffer
17th April 2007, 23:24
Doesn't though Scumdog.

Its the massive deceleration forces if you hit something that cause the big problems...

No-one ever died from excessive velocity. :yes:

Sanx
17th April 2007, 23:38
Crikey!
Can't possibly have been speeding - EVERYBODY on KB knows speed doesn't kill!:whistle:

No speeding does not kill. Speed in excess of what's appropriate for the conditions kills. The two things are completely unrelated, just bunched together to make statistics which can be used to justify anti-speeding crackdowns.

The rider was doing 220 on a busy-ish road (judging by the video footage) where there were junctions. Speed inappropriate for the conditions.

Not that I'd expect a cop to comprehend that, as capability for independent and critical thought is lost the moment an officer receives his warrant card...

onearmedbandit
18th April 2007, 00:26
While Scummy is just trolling, if speed did kill hundreds of people would die everyday onboard airplanes. Actually, if that were the case, we wouldn't have airplanes. Except remote controlled ones. And then you'd only die if one fell out of the sky and hit you. Then speed is irelevant, the weight would kill you alone.

skidMark
18th April 2007, 00:28

was it your cow?

scumdog
18th April 2007, 08:22
Doesn't though Scumdog.

Its the massive deceleration forces if you hit something that cause the big problems...

No-one ever died from excessive velocity. :yes:

Well duh!
Now I'm going to have to be as pedantic as you:

Without 'excessive velocity' you can't have 'massive deceleration forces'

scumdog
18th April 2007, 08:26
Not that I'd expect a cop to comprehend that, as capability for independent and critical thought is lost the moment an officer receives his warrant card...

Whew!
I'll make sure that I turn down any offers of a 'warrant card' eh!

What IS a warrant card? D'you get one with each W.O.F? And what are they used for??

Sanx
18th April 2007, 09:27
They obviously use different terms for it here then, but in the UK at least, the warrant card is the police ID card that must be carried at all times whilst on duty.

I'm sure there's a similar rule here.

scumdog
18th April 2007, 12:06
They obviously use different terms for it here then, but in the UK at least, the warrant card is the police ID card that must be carried at all times whilst on duty.

I'm sure there's a similar rule here.

No shit??:sherlock: :whistle: :lol: