PDA

View Full Version : Rolling burnouts?

Kittyhawk
16th April 2007, 17:30
What's the best way to learn these?

Im a total newbie to this type of stunt but this is one of the stunts I'd like to perfect.

Sensei
16th April 2007, 19:57
Practice getting the bike spining & been able to hold it in one place with out it pushing the front , Then try walking it round in a 360 & getting it to join up where you started , from there try going in a straightline with one foot on the peg & the other down for balance till you get your front brake & balance to a point where both feet can be put on the pegs & then slowly creep forward by lightly letting the front brake off just enough to let the bike move forward . Make sure you have plenty of REVS up & in a low gear to start with , cover the clutch for safety as well . They are very easy to do once sorted & look great when done right .

ArcherWC
17th April 2007, 07:18
Maybe you should learn to ride first ?????

Kittyhawk
17th April 2007, 11:41
Maybe you should learn to ride first ?????

*slaps* You really know which buttons to push dont you :shutup:

Did my first stand up wheelie last Wednesday. It wasnt bad. But its the burnouts I want to learn and master.

Toaster
17th April 2007, 14:38
*slaps* You really know which buttons to push dont you :shutup:

Did my first stand up wheelie last Wednesday. It wasnt bad. But its the burnouts I want to learn and master.

Oooooh goody, can I watch?

Kittyhawk
19th April 2007, 16:48
Oooooh goody, can I watch?

Nah you can join in, but only if you're on my side :innocent:

R6_kid
19th April 2007, 17:34
learn to do a burnout first... lean forward and put your weight on the front forks, engage the front brake so as to lock the front wheel, rev your bike up to approx 8k (more if you feel like it) and release the clutch (with the bike in first gear) until such point as the rear loses traction.... you may need to add some more power to persuade it, now keep the revs up and slowly release the front brake, this will get you rolling slowly, the trick now is to modulate(?) the front brake so that the rear keeps spinning as it slowly pushes you forward.

i would suggest learning shorter ones (5m or so) first, before you start trying to disappear into the distance at 100kmh with the rear spinning.

You will also want to change gear at somepoint.

Once you have the hang of that you will be able to initiate it from a low speed roll on by braking and slipping the clutch while opening the throttle.

By the way, kiss goodbye to your gearbox.

Toaster
19th April 2007, 19:07
Nah you can join in, but only if you're on my side :innocent:

I don't know what you mean exactly, but it sounds good to me!

Smorg
20th April 2007, 17:00
Redline it and drop the fucken clutch