PDA

View Full Version : cheating the system

georgedubyabush
29th June 2003, 00:35
i was talking to an older chap from wellington a while back who had a few old triumphs, 5 or 6 of them. anyway he just has one legalised one, and swaps the plate etc between them when he rides. he'd be in the crap if he crashed, but he's been doing it for years and must've saved a pile of money.

im getting a little board with the lack of power ive got now, and the 12millionrpm cruising speed. Im tempted to do similar with a zxr400. a couple of zx2r decals here and there and who'd know the difference at a glance? i know no one would up here. when i sat (or rode) my restricted in kerikeri the lady failed to even notice my out of date rego. it's sure a slower pace of life up here.

would a 2 stroke be more sensible? i hear they're fast and all, but is open road constant rpm all day bad for them?

Kwaka-Kid
29th June 2003, 09:31
yeah everyone does the trick george :) - my Kawasaki GPZ750E1 and GPZ750A2

which cop would know the difference? - well i do know of one that certainly would actually.

and also not myself but mate did it with a Kawasaki Z1 and a Z1A - but that was back in the day, the other trick back in the day was to just say u lost your licence label and get another and stick it on the diff bike, and then its streight forward plate swapping.   -but the dude i know would spot the diff between the 250 and the 400.  - the bike we used to have, a CBX250 with a XR600 motor in it no cop could ever tell, its not the easiest on those XR's as the are all interchangable bottom end bits, and its just the head is 1 inch higher :)

damn i wish i had my licence b4 we sold that thing :( coulda seen me on a CBX250 cutting right under your big 1000cc beasts and still having some blast out of the corners :P.  i think that bike went to SA - but there should be a few other CB250RS with XR500 motors out there the old boy made. (or maybe all crashed)

Coldkiwi
30th June 2003, 12:32
be ware... if you get pulled by a cop, they probably won't know about bikes and will rely on the vehicle description under the Rego number on your rego sticker.. if it says 'ZXR400' you're in schtuk!

course, decals aren't cheap either