PDA

View Full Version : New site gallery

SpankMe
29th August 2004, 01:33
Due to the old gallery software support being non-existent for two years now, I have changed the <a href="/gallery/">gallery</a> software to Coppermine.

This software has better viewing and uploading options. It also has member private galleries where you can create your own albums. I have added a link to each member’s private gallery in the pull down menu that appears when you click on their name in their post title.

I have only moved the biker event categories over to the new one. The <a href="/4images/">old gallery</a> will stay up for awhile to give members a chance to move their own images over before I remove them.

SpankMe
31st August 2004, 17:12
Nobody having any problems with the new Gallery (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/) http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

If case some of you haven’t figured it out, if you want to upload pictures to your user gallery, you need to create an album first.

Also when it comes to ask you for a title for your image, don't forget to choose the appropriate album in the pull down list.

I will also be adding batch image files upload capability via a zip file soon.

Zed
2nd September 2004, 22:29
Nobody having any problems with the new Gallery (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/) http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

If case some of you haven’t figured it out, if you want to upload pictures to your user gallery, you need to create an album first.

Also when it comes to ask you for a title for your image, don't forget to choose the appropriate album in the pull down list.

I will also be adding batch image files upload capability via a zip file soon.
Thanks heaps for the new gallery SM, it's real easy to use and has an attractive interface! A major improvement from that previous old dog of a gallery. :niceone:

Just curious, but how much space have you got available in the gallery?

SpankMe
3rd September 2004, 11:51
Couldn't find a 4images to Coppermine importer, so managed to write a script to copy everybody's images from the old gallery into their user gallery in Coppermine.

how much space have you got available in the gallery? There's plenty of space there, but it is not unlimited and this is not the only site on the server.

Posh Tourer :P
14th September 2004, 12:37
Hey SpankMe, could you please add a link to the KB homepage in the gallery sidebar? Its a pain to get back to the homepage otherwise...

Thanks
Maarten

Coldkiwi
14th September 2004, 13:06
another awesome innovation from the man! the coppermine version looks good- I'll just have to get used to using it.

Cheers mate, we don't thank you enough!

SpankMe
14th September 2004, 14:07
Hey SpankMe, could you please add a link to the KB homepage in the gallery sidebar? Its a pain to get back to the homepage otherwise...

Thanks
Maarten
Just click on the Kiwi Biker logo/title at the top.

14th September 2004, 21:53
:doh: yeah ok...

4th October 2004, 10:03
Hey SpankMe - can i have another folder for AMCC Round 2?

Or would it be possible to get a script that would let me create my own? I keep forgetting that I need to ask for a new folder before I upload things :S

Cheers, Maarten

SpankMe
4th October 2004, 11:17
:done: :cool2:

Blakamin
4th October 2004, 12:41
Hey SpankMe - can i have another folder for AMCC Round 2?

Or would it be possible to get a script that would let me create my own? I keep forgetting that I need to ask for a new folder before I upload things :S

Cheers, Maarten
Yeah, i stuffed up too... how can i move the files once they are there... or is it a senior members thing?

cheers
mike

SpankMe
4th October 2004, 13:22
When viewing an image, click "Edit Description". From there you can move images between your albums. But if will not let you move them to admin created albums :angry: Something I should change when I got time.

If you want me to move them for you, put them into one album and tell me the album name and the admin created album you want me to move them into.

Blakamin
4th October 2004, 13:31
When viewing an image, click "Edit Description". From there you can move images between your albums. But if will not let you move them to admin created albums :angry: Something I should change when I got time.

If you want me to move them for you, put them into one album and tell me the album name and the admin created album you want me to move them into.
Cheers SM!...

4th October 2004, 17:07
Please - I put 10 photos into general interest photos album at about 10:30 on Monday - can you put them in AMCC round 2. It'd save me re-uploading them on 56k connection :wacko: