PDA

View Full Version : Russian permission granted!

Bartman10
17th April 2007, 15:41
Got the final parts of our Russian visa organised today. I can enter and leave Russia from now until the 17th of October.

A couple of things:

Big thanks to Andrew at Darbi and Stewart at TSS for sorting out tyres at short notice. Using Continental TKC80's for the trip. I'm confident that they're the right choice. Taking two spare rear and one spare front. Will ship one front and one rear 6000 km down the line.

Thanks to www.waytorussia.net for organising the paperwork to get the visas. I was expecting tons of red tape, but the sponsoring company and issuing authorities were helpful and efficient. If you're planning a trip to Russia, I can recommend www.waytorussia.net for sorting your visa invitation requirements. Credit card statements etc all match up. Communication was clear in excellent English. 6 month multi entry visa cost about $550 per person all inclusive. Shorter single entry visas are much cheaper.

Also a big thanks to the Patch Rubber co. here in Lower Hutt for helping out with my puncture repair requirements. Nothing like talking to enthusiastic experts to help one's cause. Highly recommend Patch Rubber for all your tyre patch requirements. Got 150 patches, tyre gauge, glue and various tyre tools at cost. Thanks guys.

We're packing the bikes this weekend and standing by for transport to Auckland... Big thanks to Skunk for loaning us his trailer...

Pannier boxes etc nearly finished too. Here's a picture...

Cheers,

Mark and Jane
www.russiantraverse.co.nz

Nasty
17th April 2007, 16:12
Great going .. not too long now .. good luck :)

Zukin
17th April 2007, 16:19
Fantastic Guys:Punk:

It is not far away now, and to think when we were sitting in the house at Mataikona, it was still an idea in parts

I will keep an eye on your website and look forward to the updates when you get a chance :yes:

I am soooo jealous.

Cheers Scott & Carissa

Bartman10
17th April 2007, 16:22
Fantastic Guys:Punk:

It is not far away now, and to think when we were sitting in the house at Mataikona, it was still an idea in parts

I will keep an eye on your website and look forward to the updates when you get a chance :yes:

I am soooo jealous.

Cheers Scott & Carissa

Thanks heaps Scott, live the dream... It's hard work, but I've actually really enjoyed the organising. Even if the wheels come off this late in the piece it won't have been a waste of time. Sure I'll be disappointed, but it won't have been for nothing.

We'll be in the bay soon enough for a catch up. No bike though... It'll be at sea. Exact details to follow.

Cheers,

Mark.

Macktheknife
17th April 2007, 17:22
Awesome guys, good luck and godspeed.

dman
28th April 2007, 02:11
wow, wish I was doing that! :rockon:

onearmedbandit
28th April 2007, 02:20
Awesome, what an experience that will be. Best of luck, and have a great adventure.

denill
28th April 2007, 07:25
Just caught up with this thread and HEY - GOOD LUCK guys!!!

Really look forwaRd to your reports.

Take care
Bill

tri boy
28th April 2007, 12:19
First time I've seen this thread too.
What a fantastic adventure you will have. Looking forward to updates on the trip. All the best.