PDA

View Full Version : Bike stolen (Wellington, 18 April)

havanamatt
18th April 2007, 12:27
BIKE STOLEN – 28ULR

I had a Kawasaki KR 150 stolen in the early hours of this morning (18th April) .. It was parked on the drive of my flat & locked using Oxford disk Lock. I went to head to work on it this morning, came down the path to find No bike on the drive..!!!

I have phoned the police but as Im guessing Wellington biking community may not be that big, people may hear/ see / word of mouth …. Etc etc of a bike similar to this..
It’s the KR edition with 3 spoke purple race wheels, puply grey paint work..

I have phoned a few bikes shops as recently came of & a few things need fixing, only minor but it has damaged wing mirrors, left hand side indicator is tacked on & what I specifically mentioned to bike shops was that the Speedo cable broke around the same time as the accident thus if they get a request for a set of parts V. similar to this then slim possibility of that bike.

On a major factor is that I have been moved into this new flat for 3 nights now and as my Insurance lapsed at my last flat I was waiting until I moved into this flat & I was planning to ring them this week for renewal & also address change etc… So this means I have no insurance on the bike, as much as I would love for the bike to be found I have to be a realist & am putting friendly request out there that if any one knows of 150cc – 250 cc bike that is reliable & reasonably priced please contact myself.

Thanks for your time on this

Matt :-(

jetboy
18th April 2007, 12:54
good luck in finding the bastards mate

Macktheknife
18th April 2007, 13:07
Good luck Matt, bugger about the insurance too mate.
If you should happen to find them be sure to let us know
the details of the thieving scum.

tri boy
18th April 2007, 13:08
That really sucks. Theft of personal property is a shitty experience. Don't give up on the possibility that it will be tracked down. Jerks who flog bikes tend to want the world to see their newly aquired toy, bringing alot of attention to themselves.

NotaGoth
18th April 2007, 13:20
That really really sucks to hear... Hope who ever stole your bike gets caught.. I hate people who steal... :(

speeding_ant
18th April 2007, 15:31
I wish you the best of luck finding your mate mate, those bikes are fun!!

I'll keep an eye out, whats the reg plate?

Bastards :angry:

2Cycle
18th April 2007, 15:55
I know what this is like :( Some people don't deserve to live.:bash:. I wish I could help you out and keep a look out for it but I'm up here in AK.

Hang in there man, it may turn up yet.

havanamatt
19th April 2007, 15:41
Thanks for comments everyone.. I miss it all ready..

Plate is 28ULR.

cheers

Matt

Lteejay
19th April 2007, 15:45
Good luck dude - have a few revenge dreams to keep youself going.

Ms Piggy
19th April 2007, 15:47
That sucks! I hipe you can find it. My bike got stolen from it's previous owner but was dumped later, so ya never know!

Some of the MB thieving jerks have it all set up (a van to wheel it into, proper bolt cutters etc.), so it means taking precautions like locking your bike are almost pointless.

What area are you in?

Nasase
19th April 2007, 16:16
:no: HEY MATE... My bike also go pinched sometimes in the early hours of the morning on the 18th April.

Bike: Suzuki Goose/giga 2001 350cc
Licence- 56 WWF
Black
Engine # k406-105299
VIN# NK42A-105291

Tradme listing for pics http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-96072341.htm

Any information would be appreciated people. Call me on 027 259 6977

Its quite possible the same cun*s that stole yours stole mine, mine was fully unwheelable, they would have been 2-3 guys who picked it up and trucked it off. Mine also wasnt insured as i do not have a garage. Crime unit are onto it anyways, apparently a neighbour saw it. So fingers crossed.

Were you close to tinakori road also?

MrMelon
19th April 2007, 16:20
Ah man that sux to hear dude. I saw you parked up by Club K the other night. This is Str8 Jacket's old bike for anyone who's having trouble picturing it.

Hailwood
20th April 2007, 08:51
Will also keep my eyes out around for both bikes......scum!!!!!!!

Templar
20th April 2007, 09:58
Thieving bastards.

Recently had some people try to steal my car, full on professional job in a secure garage. They didn't manage to get it started but uninstalled many things in order to try, including the alarm and immobiliser and airbags etc...

They did so much damage to the wiring of the car it has been in the shop for over 6 weeks getting fixed.

Makes me see the red mist!!!!!

Hope you get your bikes back and some vigilante justice would do these pricks good. The tap on the wrist they are up for from the justice system is a useless deterrant to these arseholes and they should have their left hands cut from their bodies.

davereid
20th April 2007, 10:00
The tap on the wrist they are up for from the justice system is a useless deterrant to these arseholes and they should have their left hands cut from their bodies.

Leave their hands on, so we can put them to hard labour. But cut off their balls to stop em breeding.

Str8 Jacket
20th April 2007, 11:25
Hey Matt,

Really sorry to her this dude! Man your having bad luck eh?! I was so stoked to hear that it was still going well the other week. Its an awesome bike, wish I still had her! Good luck finding the culprits. Its not a hard bike to notice, its pretty cosmetically fucked! Bastards

havanamatt
20th April 2007, 11:40
Thanks for all feedback.... Cosmetically loved Str8 jacket :-) & have recently added my own as you saw on the Terrace.. yep look has been down but i suppose it could have been worse when i came of the other week as fingers were not broken!

& sorry to guy that has his stolen from tinakori road, I have recently moved from that area as well.. Area that the bike got stolen from was Evans Bay Parade along water front!!! Also spoke to a neighbour last night that said they had to get to there garage 7 squeeze past the bike 2 7AM so i headed to work @ 8:30.. so must have been like guy said Van, day light & few 'guys'..

Maybe I should buy a ..... GN250 and keep for the 3 month period after my Restricted test which is next month!!

Matt

limbimtimwim
20th April 2007, 12:37
Were you close to tinakori road also?
I know your bike, it is a very tidy bike. I live down the road from you.

I will keep an eye out for it, the Goose is not a common model.

When/if you get it back, or get another bike, you are welcome to park it in my lockable, lit and surrounded by nosy neighbors backyard where it will be safer.

I hope you get it back from those thieving a-holes.

_intense_
20th April 2007, 17:19
// off to check tard me....

hope we can finder the lowlife scum

martypants
20th April 2007, 17:36
Fuckers! Catch the bastards and bring back public stoning, or a lead pellet inserted behind the eye... Waste of good oxygen some people. Hope you find it soon

Lorax
21st April 2007, 01:53
Yeah man, that's shit. My $2000 mountainbike got stolen last year. C**ts.

Take solace in this: Their life is probably pretty shit, and will not get any better.

Kittyhawk
21st April 2007, 02:31
Sorry to hear.... and bugga bout the insurance.

Biker hugs to you..:yes:

Nasase
26th April 2007, 10:12
With regards to my suzuki goose, It would liekly have been repainted with false plates i assuem. So anyone in the greater Wellington Region... if you see a suzuki goose... please note where, the reg plate on it and if you feel like doing police work where it ends up.

Please send any information to Rob at wineerrobe@student.vuw.ac.nz or phone 04 472 4436 with the details.

Theres not many suzukui gooses around, so chances are it wont be hard to find. Thanks all

Nasase
26th April 2007, 16:19
Hey Matt,

Did you have any luck with recovering it?

havanamatt
27th April 2007, 17:11
Sadly no joy yet :-(

CM2005
27th April 2007, 17:20
fucking pieces of shit. sorry to hear that guys, saw the goose ad on tardme too.