PDA

View Full Version : Now I HAVE seen it all... coffee rage?

Beemer
18th April 2007, 13:48
On Stuff today - http://www.stuff.co.nz/4030294a12855.html

'Coffee rage' land Nelson man in jail
The Nelson Mail | Wednesday, 18 April 2007

A case of "coffee rage" is among a string of incidents that have landed an unemployed Nelson man in prison.

Ryan Alen Hobbs, 31, appeared in Nelson District Court for sentencing on Monday, having previously admitted charges including disorderly behaviour, driving while disqualified, assault, possessing a knife and cannabis and breaching bail.

His lawyer, Mark Dollimore, told the court the disorderly behaviour charge was laid after Hobbs suffered a case of "coffee rage" at Nelson's Yaza Cafe. Hobbs considered himself a coffee connoisseur, and was adamant he was being served coffee with curdled milk.

Hobbs spat outside the cafe, but said this was to get the taste of the curdled milk out of his mouth, Mr Dollimore said.

Judge Peter McAloon said as well as the new charges Hobbs was facing, he was also to be re- sentenced on previous crimes for which he had not completed his community work.

The judge sentenced Hobbs to a total of six months in prison, and denied him leave to apply for home detention.

MSTRS
18th April 2007, 14:10
'...considered himself a coffee connoisseur,...'
Ha! And he has it with milk?
Hope he enjoys the prison blend...

Beemer
18th April 2007, 14:30
He won't get good coffee in there, that's for sure! I wonder if he actually told the cafe staff it was curdled or just came to that conclusion by himself, hence the spitting?

BarBender
18th April 2007, 20:14
Not surprised.
Marcona haft meer... mmmmmmmmmmm

Curious_AJ
18th April 2007, 23:37
LOL! gawd ... some people are nutters...

mmm coffee... it is the juice of the demi-gods! (alcohol is the juice of the gods, the coffee comes the morning after ;))

Mr. Peanut
19th April 2007, 06:24
A lot of cafes are just fronts for P dealers.

Grahameeboy
19th April 2007, 06:45
A lot of cafes are just fronts for P dealers.

Get a lot of that in Thames then...seems such a quaint peaceful place too...............

Winter
19th April 2007, 08:17
If all he did was spit it out, outside, because it was curdled, thats hardly coffee rage.

If someone served me coffee with off milk or summat, I'd probably spit it in their face.

Boy, I'm a nice chap!

speeding_ant
19th April 2007, 16:57
On Stuff today - http://www.stuff.co.nz/4030294a12855.html

'Coffee rage' land Nelson man in jail
The Nelson Mail | Wednesday, 18 April 2007

A case of "coffee rage" is among a string of incidents that have landed an unemployed Nelson man in prison.

Ryan Alen Hobbs, 31, appeared in Nelson District Court for sentencing on Monday, having previously admitted charges including disorderly behaviour, driving while disqualified, assault, possessing a knife and cannabis and breaching bail.

His lawyer, Mark Dollimore, told the court the disorderly behaviour charge was laid after Hobbs suffered a case of "coffee rage" at Nelson's Yaza Cafe. Hobbs considered himself a coffee connoisseur, and was adamant he was being served coffee with curdled milk.

Hobbs spat outside the cafe, but said this was to get the taste of the curdled milk out of his mouth, Mr Dollimore said.

Judge Peter McAloon said as well as the new charges Hobbs was facing, he was also to be re- sentenced on previous crimes for which he had not completed his community work.

The judge sentenced Hobbs to a total of six months in prison, and denied him leave to apply for home detention.

And yet two kids who steal a Mercedes, run from police and kill two people in the process get three months. For something far less serious he gets more... whats next? Getting six months for scaring scooters? Fucking hell.. :p

Big Dan
19th April 2007, 20:11
Well i guess we some of us coffee drinker take it to a higher level

personally i can't work without my 5 coffees a day - mm caffiene mmmmmmm