PDA

View Full Version : Close racing today

FROSTY
18th April 2007, 20:44
It was a small grid that lined up to race.I knew right from the start I had a big power disadvantage and being gridded on the back of the grid was less than ideal. I thought experience and the will to win would give me an advantage.
Flag drop and I got a demon start screaming up the inside gaining 1 spot down the start straight.I took the high line into turn one which can be the slow line but I got really good drive and the competition took a tighter line ---I was able to get on the power earlier and closed up on the competition.
Turn two was looming and it was a fast downhill sweeper.On the gas early pulled me back a couple of bike lengths.Turn three was pretty slippery on the racing line but I kept it tapped and hoped for the best. It worked and suddenly I was In second place but with a bike snapping at my heels.
Past the cheering crowd and Im thinking i'm in with a chance here.
3 laps later and I could see the guy leading was nervous into turn three so that was where I was going to make my move .
Following him round turn two and Im poised to take him.
I take a wide driving line and keep it nailed. The bike keeps running wide and Im running out of track fast.
Big slide and Im off the track--Into a ditch and Im summersaulting through the air followed by the bike.I hit the ground with a bone crunching thump.
The bike Kept tumbling shredding tank,bars and bending the forks.
My race was over

It took me a few hours and a couple of chocolate bars to explain to Baby bikie how His dad had written off his peewee 50 on the farm tracks round grandads farm.--racing a bunch of kids under 10 years of age :innocent:

Pumba
18th April 2007, 20:55
Sounds like fun right up to the whole falling of point,

Infact,

That didnt sound to different to your run at the nationals this year:dodge:

onearmedbandit
18th April 2007, 20:56
lmao, that's brilliant Frosty!

FROSTY
18th April 2007, 21:11
Sounds like fun right up to the whole falling of point,

Infact,

That didnt sound to different to your run at the nationals this year:dodge:
Except at the nats i wasn't running for the lead --bugger :shutup:

CM2005
18th April 2007, 21:38
well done... such trepidation, excitement and hardship.... hahaha

gijoe1313
18th April 2007, 21:46
:lol: :niceone: Nice read there!

skidMark
18th April 2007, 21:49
ahahahahahahahahhaha

awww poor baby bikey

Jorja
18th April 2007, 21:55
I have the photographic proof that he got his but whipped by an 11yr old lol

:shutup:

Mind you I can't talk. I got my but whipped by an 8yr old :o

riffer
18th April 2007, 22:11
You're a bad, bad man Tony.

Better get that bike fixed PDQ mate. :mellow:

skidMark
18th April 2007, 22:25
I have the photographic proof that he got his but whipped by an 11yr old lol

:shutup:

Mind you I can't talk. I got my but whipped by an 8yr old :o

look at the pure concentration in pic two haha

FROSTY
19th April 2007, 08:28
You're a bad, bad man Tony.

Better get that bike fixed PDQ mate. :mellow:
Hmm--just need to distract him long enough to do it

Kittyhawk
19th April 2007, 16:44
It's always fun until the little bikes throw you off and cartwheel away from ya.

MadDuck
19th April 2007, 16:47
Did that peewee 50 have too much power for you huh? :dodge:

Maha
19th April 2007, 16:53
Great writeup FROSTY....Noely Boy put up one similar today, he too has been owned by....shall we say...smaller people of equal abillity??......:yes:

Dave-
19th April 2007, 17:43
haha class.

kids are bulletproof and think so dude, they have no fear, thus they ride like maniacs....

FROSTY
20th April 2007, 18:47
actually he crashed so er "well" himself --at one stage he and the bike dissapeared totally from sight into the bush on one corner

Kittyhawk
20th April 2007, 18:55
actually he crashed so er "well" himself --at one stage he and the bike dissapeared totally from sight into the bush on one corner

Would have been amusing to watch...did anyone manage to get a vid of it?

FROSTY
22nd April 2007, 09:34
Ok it seems as far as baby Bikie is concerned his bike is broken HMMM
Seriously though if anyone has a 70-80 cc bike for kids mouldering away ion the gargre please gimme a holla

Colapop
22nd April 2007, 10:05
You need to start the 'Hobbit Racing Team'... Then it won't matter if you hang out in the bushes.. you'll feel right at home...