PDA

View Full Version : Lady KBers - do you think you are more blokey in traits if you ride?

Chickadee
19th April 2007, 21:57
Just wondering if us ladies that ride have more crossover with the traits that makes men - well men - more spacially aware, competitive, good at navagating etc?

Been watching TV3's Inside NZ: Sex Wars, quite interesting stuff. I think even though I'm straight I've got a lot of the male crossover traits. Quite competitive, can parallel park, enjoy going fast, not too bad at navagating (I used to suck at reading maps but I'm getting better with practise).

Whaddya wreckon ladies of two wheels, are we just girly girls that enjoy riding, or do you think we have a bit of a blokey side chucked in for good measure too.

And blokes that know ladies that ride/don't ride, whaddya reckon?

gijoe1313
19th April 2007, 22:02
I think any lass that can ride two wheels is equipped with more blokey traits, after all, no place to store a handbag - ability to find way around on two wheels and in fact .. thinking about it, the multi-tasking ability is handy for you lot as well!

More independent, able to think fast on your feet, solve problems regarding ride ... yeah! Now ... what sheila traits do guys get if you ride? :scratch:

Chickadee
19th April 2007, 22:04
If you choose a bike by colour preference, that's your girly side coming out.

I think blinging up a bike is also nesting girly behaviour too (not that there's anything wrong with that).

gijoe1313
19th April 2007, 22:09

I think blinging up a bike is also nesting girly behaviour too (not that there's anything wrong with that).

And colour co-ordinating your riding gear? Gah! Dooom! :sweatdrop ... I've also noticed I've beened salivating over the bike accessories pages in biking mags also! :o

MyGSXF
19th April 2007, 22:13
Whaddya wreckon ladies of two wheels, are we just girly girls that enjoy riding, or do you think we have a bit of a blokey side chucked in for good measure too.

I'm about as girly girl as a squashed hedgehog Chick!!! :shutup: definately have a tad tooo much testosterone in MY system!!! :innocent:

My LEFT thumb was on TOP!!! Very competitive (especially when I can beat the BOYS!!).. excellent at parallel parking.. the faster the better.. backing a trailer-piece of piss!! can't navigate for shit though... :shutup:

Was drawn to bikes like a duck to water.. if I had to give up biking, I might as well cut my arms & legs off.. as that's the impact it would have on me! :sick:

Don't knit, sew or cross stitch... but love riding fast, working on my bike & wouldn't mind doing a bike mechanic apprentiship!!! :Punk:

Jen :rockon:

ps: as for wearing 'pink' or 'frilly things'... :puke:

Chickadee
19th April 2007, 22:16
I'm quite practical too. A good one for working out how things work, taking them apart - fixing stuff. I considered whether to do a trade but didn't (should of - probably would have been a good choice of career & money!). DOH

Lucy
19th April 2007, 22:49
I didnt watch the doco, but don't get the whole parallel parking thing. All the girls I know are much better at that than boys. As for the rest, there are a lot of girls who could not tolerate helmet hair. I reckon bikie chicks are just more secure in themselves, and not scared to show that they are independent, and smart, and cool. So rather than having 'blokey traits' it's more a case of not being scared to be themselves. If that makes sense. Some chicks 'hide their lights under bushels' so as not to make their 'men' feel unmanly. I feel sorry for those chicks.

cowpoos
19th April 2007, 23:09
do you know what I think is funni...here's a chick based thread....and its been up for an hour and disco dan hasn't posted/found it yet!!!!

MyGSXF
19th April 2007, 23:21
I reckon bikie chicks are just more secure in themselves, and not scared to show that they are independent, and smart, and cool. it's more a case of not being scared to be themselves.

Ya damn right there sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Punk:

& if someone don't like that about us.. tough ferkin tits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whocares:

Jen :rockon:

Ms Piggy
19th April 2007, 23:58
Well for my part I'm not sure to be honest. I was a real tom boy as a kid and my 1st job after finishing school I worked on a road gang for around 2 + years but, as I've gotten older I've become much more girly (if that's the label you wanna put on it), I like looking nice, smelling nice & I even like to colour pink sometimes! I'm not a competitive person, I'm really good at multi tasking but I can also parallel park.

I only started riding in Dec 2003...hmmmm, I remember ages ago doing 1 of those surveys in a book that compared men & women and I had more masculine traits than my b/f at the time. I dunno if it's the tom boy or the fact that my 1st job was in a male dominated work place, so I got to know how guys think and maybe learnt to think like them.

zeocen
20th April 2007, 00:47
If anything biking has made me aware of just how girly I am.

"What's this?"
"It's a ratchet"
"it's not turning"
*everyone just looks at me stunned*

I never used to window shop, now I'm always looking at clothing and scouring trademe even though I don't have funds or a full licence for a bigger bike.

When I do get oil or grease on my arms/hand/face I leave it there just to show everyone I did something manly for a change!

Roar!

-df-
20th April 2007, 07:23
Some chicks 'hide their lights under bushels' ... I feel sorry for those chicks.

Yeah, shaven is so much better :shutup:

LilSel
20th April 2007, 08:18
competitive, good at navagating etc?

Quite competitive, can parallel park, enjoy going fast, not too bad at navagating

hehe... im good at all those things too :D...

Im by far not a girly girl... infact... prob more blokey than most blokes.
Lady looks like a duuuuude!! But really :whocares: :)
I ride cuz I love the freedom, not to be more 'blokey'... or anything like that. Im sure if I felt comfortable doing it, I could wear heels n a skirt n all that 'girly' jazz.

I think your right tho Chickadee... cuz a real 'girly girl'... wouldnt want to ruin her hair in a helmet haha

Thread title... 'do you think you are more blokey in traits if you ride? '...
Personally... No... I was blokey before I got my bike lol

magicfairy
20th April 2007, 08:25
My LEFT thumb was on TOP!!!
Don't knit, sew or cross stitch...

Yeah, my left thumb was on top too!! Got some funny looks from the other half, at least his left thumb was also on top !

Got told by my sewing teacher at age 12

"if you ever plan to make your living sewing - YOU WILL STARVE"

right in front of the whole class. Manage to product a nightgown with armholes the size of gingernuts. :doh:

Joni
20th April 2007, 08:35
Im a girly girl... In fact I love being a woman. I love dressing like a woman, smelling like a woman blah blah blah...

I dont see the fact that I chose to ride as being a "blokey" trait either... more an independance/stubborn thing, people said I would not be able to do it... so I did it.

However with being a girly girl, I dont really spend much time with women, in fact I cant stand women all talking at once, it drives me mad, chat chat, laugh laugh, gossip gossip... not my thing at all.... so maybe I am a little more blokey that I care to admit.

KATWYN
20th April 2007, 08:41
I think, feel and dress like a girl and I think I am seen by others as a girly girl.....but when I did the crossing over of thumbs test. Blokes crossed their thumbs from left to right

...girls from right to left

...Guess who crossed her thumbs over from left to right......*sigh*

...apparently that is an indicator of the different sides of the brain each gender use

Toaster
20th April 2007, 08:45
Absolutely riding make you more blokey, I have to shave in the morning and wax my legs all the time now!

KATWYN
20th April 2007, 08:45
I cant stand women all talking at once, it drives me mad, chat chat, laugh laugh, gossip gossip... not my thing at all.... so maybe I am a little more blokey that I care to admit.

...or you just don't tolerate gossip and boring conversation......:sunny:

Lissa
20th April 2007, 09:10
I would prob be more a girly girl. I can't fix anything, I like wearing makeup and going out for a coffee with my kids. But I cant grow my nails, I DONT iron, hate gardening, dont go to places like playgroups where the mothers talk about how their children walked at 5 months, and all that crap.

I like riding for the independence, never thought of it as a blokey thing at all.

Minnie
20th April 2007, 09:29
well for my two cents worth, i think i am a girly girl, i will drive around the block several times so that i can avoid parallel parking, in fact i did it once when i was so annoyed that it was the only park , and actually did it no trouble, ( i drive a big 4x4) my excuse.. no trouble parking in the mini, ha ha.

my sense of direction is shocking, i love dressing up, make up, drinkies and girly stuff, but it could be that i work on a dairy farm and for a certain part of the year i am in overalls and cowshit splattered, mud etc, so nice to feel like a woman when i go out,

as for riding bikes , i just love the freedom, i love speed!!!!!! which is a bit depressing at the mo as am riding a GN , cant wait til i get my big bike. its also a lovely break from the kids.........;o)

Lissa
20th April 2007, 09:32
well for my two cents worth, i think i am a girly girl, i will drive around the block several times so that i can avoid parallel parking, in fact i did it once when i was so annoyed that it was the only park , and actually did it no trouble, ( i drive a big 4x4) my excuse.. no trouble parking in the mini, ha ha.

my sense of direction is shocking, i love dressing up, make up, drinkies and girly stuff, but it could be that i work on a dairy farm and for a certain part of the year i am in overalls and cowshit splattered, mud etc, so nice to feel like a woman when i go out,

as for riding bikes , i just love the freedom, i love speed!!!!!! which is a bit depressing at the mo as am riding a GN , cant wait til i get my big bike. its also a lovely break from the kids.........;o)Re- the GN... I fully understand that Minnie. Is why I am looking at getting a grunter 250 in the next few days. And the break from the kids.... getting a bike was the first time in 8 years I have ever had time to myself. :Punk:

I also cant parallel park... and dont even try. Dont think I would even be able to drive in Welly, all that traffic scares me. :mellow:

Minnie
20th April 2007, 09:40
Re- the GN... I fully understand that Minnie. Is why I am looking at getting a grunter 250 in the next few days. And the break from the kids.... getting a bike was the first time in 8 years I have ever had time to myself. :Punk:

I also cant parallel park... and dont even try. Dont think I would even be able to drive in Welly, all that traffic scares me. :mellow:

you go girl....i was thinking of getting a better 250 also , but then thought if i get a faster bike too soon, might just kill myself and i should stick with the gn until i had my full, however we are having a wee holiday in rarotonga soon, hubby plans to get his license there and convert when he gets home.......i may do the same..........just to save restricted, and defensive driving costs back here of course......ha ha haha ha

Ms Piggy
20th April 2007, 09:43
...or you just don't tolerate gossip and boring conversation......:sunny:

Which men and women are both very good at btw...

Keystone19
20th April 2007, 10:58
Ummm...I wear make up and lipstick (even when I race), like wearing feminine clothes, and listen to chick music (like Julia and Hayley Westenra stuff).

But I can also back a trailer, parallel park, navigate, ski, mountainbike, rockclimb, and ride a bike fast.

OMG, does that mean I'm bisexual?

yungatart
20th April 2007, 11:05
I learned to drive in a 1960 Belair chev...but never learned to parallel park it, and to this day, I need two parks in a row, or one at the end to achieve this...yes, my bad!
I wear makeup, but not when I'm riding, don't go in for long manicured nails, I cook, clean and ocasionally bake, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty.
I have no idea if I am more, or less, blokey....I'm just me, and I'm happy with that!

Chickadee
20th April 2007, 17:50
I think we definitely have a bit of cross over here ladies & fellas, and there's nothing wrong with that. We've got the best of both worlds - and us ladies can give the boys a run for their money.

I like being girly too, but never was a super girly girl. I generally didn't understand most girls growing up (they were quite mean bitchy pink clothes wearing things at school). I did girl things in moderation, and most girls didn't understand someone being different. I leave the house without makeup most of the time but I think thats a I have young kids kinda thing (where do you find the time - and not a priority for me).

I think the boys have a bit of cross over in the girl attributes too from the sounds of things too! Hee hee. We're just the new and improved versions of blokes and chicks. Bunch of mutants!

Scamp
20th April 2007, 19:20
I'm just me, and I'm happy with that!

I think yungatart's comment says it all.......

:whocares: what others think, whether we're girlie girls, blokey girls or plain blokey, just be yourself, have fun and ride safe :Punk:

McJim
20th April 2007, 19:22
I wear a kilt from time to time. I used to shave my legs when I raced pushbikes. After a good snog I often have lipstick on my face (and sometimes somewhere else but we won't talk about that:devil2:) .

Does this mean I'm a chick or just comfortable with my sexuality?

Toaster
20th April 2007, 19:23
I would prob be more a girly girl. I can't fix anything, I like wearing makeup and going out for a coffee with my kids. But I cant grow my nails, I DONT iron, hate gardening, dont go to places like playgroups where the mothers talk about how their children walked at 5 months, and all that crap.

I like riding for the independence, never thought of it as a blokey thing at all.

I like ironing, been doing it since I was a kid (and in the Navy). But that doesn't make me gay now ya hear! Gardening, now that is for old people who don't appreciate bikes.

Toaster
20th April 2007, 19:25

There is a great technique I learned on an advanced driving course. Works everytime and you never hit anything. I promise to show you one day!My first lesson to drive in a car was into Wellington city to play in traffic. Nothing like learning the hard way!

Unit
20th April 2007, 19:25
Go T.I.E is all I can say about that one, is that Andrews girly side coming out?

Trudes
20th April 2007, 19:38
If I say, "I don't give a fuck", does that make me more male than female? J/K
To be honest I think I'm definitely more blokey than girly, although I do like to pop on a nice dress and wear a bit of make-up and shit occasionally (I think it's mainly because I don't get to dress nice for work or wear make-up etc), I also like to get dirty, fix shit and sit around watching sport getting pissed and cooking on the BBQ.
Most girly-girl types think I'm crass, loud and unlady like, but, I really couldn't give a crap. I prefer to hang with people who can talk comfortably about rubbish that doesn't involve their kids, how fat they are, shopping etc, and if this means sitting around with a bunch of beer drinking burping blokes, so be it, as I like how most guys don't judge me for burping after sculling a beer, or swearing.
I just like to hang with people who let me be me, and that's why most of my female friends are a bit outspoken and crass like me, (eh ELLE!!!) I do however advocate for women's rights etc and like to be treated like a Ladyyyyy sometimes, so long as nobody feels they have to change their ways to make sure they don't offend me because I am a female.

MementoMori
20th April 2007, 19:41
Certainly true in my case.

I have always been a tom boy and as a kid, used to play with the lads, chasing, being chased and getting into play fights lol, coming home covered in mud and bruises, building forts in the back garden, attaching loo roll exhausts to my push bike and making cardboard visors to stick to my helmet. The list goes on.

Then as I got older I had a massive identity crisis when it was no longer acceptable for girls to join in with the boys. Girls stood around, or walked around gossiping whilst the lads kicked a tennis ball around the playground.

That really sucked, but I got over it and learnt not to care so much.

I don't wear smart feminine clothing much as I find it uncomfortable and often paper thin and cold. My phone is covered in grease from storing it in my bike's arse. Children scare me. I get on much better with men probably due to associating with them as a kid, I can't really associate much with 'normal' women, no offence intended. I get on well with other biker ladies as they can relate. I silenced a guy at Wanganui on Boxing Day with my small frame and big knowledge of bikes.

Erm... yeah. No point to all that, just went on a bit of a waffle, sorry. My two cents anyway.

Babelfish
20th April 2007, 19:56
Wow, thats wicked, I was just thinking about this the other day after helping another biker chick take to the streets...whether women taking to bikes we're endowed with a large amount of tomboyness...

...of course, being a bloke, I then wondered how many biker chicks had contemplated....um....solidifying their blokiness with....um....another chick. :mellow: :drool:

Given that, realistically any chick is only a couple of beers off being a lesbian, surely the manly throb of a bike would only increase the propensity? :shutup:

bex
20th April 2007, 20:09
I too would consider myself definitely a "girly girl". I love make-up, nice clothes etc but that doesn't mean I also like to take risks and I am not averse to getting dirty....when i was wayyyy younger I really used to enjoy spending an afternoon pootling around cleaning my bike and doing all the "blokey" things.
I think it's all to do with enjoying the adrenalin rush of real or perceived danger! I love riding fast, bungy jumping, skiing, riding horses etc. But I do not consider myself in any way "blokey" because I enjoy these things!
It's all about experiencing life to the full :done:

McJim
20th April 2007, 20:29
I like ironing, been doing it since I was a kid (and in the Navy). But that doesn't make me gay now ya hear! Gardening, now that is for old people who don't appreciate bikes.

Ironing don't mean yer gay but being in the Navy?!?!:buggerd: :rofl:

Alice
20th April 2007, 20:36
I think, feel and dress like a girl and I think I am seen by others as a girly girl.....but when I did the crossing over of thumbs test. Blokes crossed their thumbs from left to right

...girls from right to left

...Guess who crossed her thumbs over from left to right......*sigh*

...apparently that is an indicator of the different sides of the brain each gender use

Sitting having a beer or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 with a couple of blokes after doing my first ever track day at Taupo which I must add was the most most fun ever to be had. Now regarding the finger thumb crossing thing, just asked the blokes to cross there thumbs, the left hander crosses his right thumb over the top, the right hander did the opposite and I did same as the right hander and I am right hander so possibly this is more to do with whether you are right or left handed.

As for chicks that ride bikes being more blokey, well today at the track the chicks out riding all looked pretty hot to me and I am not that way inclined, I think we probably just enjoy life and having fun.

Silverfern
20th April 2007, 21:28
...of course, being a bloke, I then wondered how many biker chicks had contemplated....um....solidifying their blokiness with....um....another chick. :mellow: :drool:

Given that, realistically any chick is only a couple of beers off being a lesbian, surely the manly throb of a bike would only increase the propensity? :shutup:[/QUOTE]

Oh here we go again, that same old stereotype, yes, I've taken the bait, but please let it go? If I drink rum does that make me a fully fledged lesbian? If a man drinks a couple of beers does that make him a homosexual? Geez hand me my nail polish remover so I can sniff some decent fumes!

El Dopa
20th April 2007, 21:41
If a man drinks a couple of beers does that make him a homosexual?

Depends if he mixes them half and half with Lemonade.

Or if they have the words 'summer ale', or 'a refreshing hint of lemon' somewhere on the label.

Maha
20th April 2007, 21:54
Depends if he mixes them half and half with Lemonade.

A Shandi and a club sandwich at the Puhoi?.... doesn't get much better than that.....:Punk:

El Dopa
20th April 2007, 22:08
A Shandi and a club sandwich at the Puhoi?.... doesn't get much better than that.....:Punk:

Tongue was firmly in cheek, as it were.

What people choose to put in their mouths as a result of their 'lifestyle choices' is nothing to do with me.

Babelfish
20th April 2007, 22:20

Is that code....do you mean at or up...and is that puhoi or poohole? .... I've gone too far on that one eh :mellow: I'll get me coat....TAXI!

botb
20th April 2007, 22:27
UMMMM yer i love to scratch my groin and can fart the alphabet i also pick my nose does that make me blokey?? ...... or just a chic from Gore??? No i am not from Gore Dunners girl through an through mate!! yer i'm more blokey than girly nails are long but are caked with autosol, i don't do hairdressers whoever has scissors handy can cut off the OMG 'SPLIT ENDS' i don't get along with girly girls they come across as airheaded dimwits to me, to be quite honest!! yes i can be feminine when i need to be generally get along with bikey chics as we have a common interest and we're a breed apart i think lol... i work with guys on the knives at the freezer!!! ( havin a season off at the mo ) love it u can hang shit on them and they don't wanna scratch your eyes out or bitch about you behind your back !!! And i don't give a fuck what some horrible overpriced retail store has hanging on the racks or the best bloody hairspray got heavier things to worry about than that bullshit lol ......

klingon
20th April 2007, 22:30
Funny how perceptions change with fashion.

Of course, we all know that only men can operate machinery. Washing machines, vacuum cleaners, typewriters... Apparently Sir Truby King (the founder of Plunket) said women shouldn't use machinery like typewriters because it would shrivel their ovaries. :rofl: In those days typing was seen as a man's job.

I remember when Dame Cath Tizard was Governor General. She was visiting a primary school and a little boy was asked by a reporter if he wanted to be Governor General when he grew up. "No way," he said. "That's a girl's job."

Notice that the really successful bike racers are generally men who are small in stature and light weight, like jockeys. They need to be fit, flexible and have endurance. Any minute now we're going to discover that motorbike racing is women's work.

As for me, I love arriving at work on my bike, stripping off my riding gear and revealing a femininely tailored suit and blouse underneath. I swap my boots for high heels, put my long hair in a bun and play the part of a cool corporate advisor all day. At the end of the day I put my gear back on, tuck my hair under my collar, and become a biker chick for the ride home.

The thing I like the most is the flexibility to be who I want to be when it suits me. Sometimes I wear a flowery dress and sometimes I wear gumboots and overalls. I'm confident in who I am, whatever role I'm playing at the time. It's great to be a woman in the noughties. :Punk:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
21st April 2007, 00:00
I've never considered myself more blokey just because I ride a bike. I also did volunteer work for 10 years as marshal and post chief for motorsports car rallying - 4 wheel driving, trail/motorcross riding, then became a tar baby, worked on cars with my brother (not sure whether that was so much willing as bribed into it lol - more like I probably had a crush on the guy who owned it).

I say I was born in high heels - always loved shoes. Love clothes - but I made them from an early age - my father was too tight to buy me any clothes. As a little girl I was always making dress ups - raided Dad's locked cupboard (just had to crawl up under the house and put your hand through cos he didn't put a backing on the cupboard) where he kept his wire and soldering iron and tried to make a hooped dress - didn't work very well.

Made ballgowns, very elegant. Work clothes were very feminine and mostly classical so they would last - people would compliment me on my clothes but because I made them - I never thought they were "good enough". However now I do appreciate yes I am an excellent seamstress.

Makeup: fits and burst with this. My work requires me to wear it but mostly I'm too lazy to wear it every day. However I have learnt - that you do need either makeup protection or sunscreen when riding for long periods. Especially lip stuff. Helmet hair: I love brushing my hair after the ride - feels great - even better - a shower - washing and blowdrying hair = and voila - transformation.

Leathers: Love them for the bike - good protective clothing - a few bins have proved that. Yes I would love to be colour co-ordinated - which I am fussy about normally, but finances have not stretched to this yet. More important that firstly I am protected and that I can get out and ride!

Carparking - excellent! with any type of vehicle. Have not had any towing a trailer experience!

I always worked on my cars - doing oil changes, tyre changes and anything I could. Same with the bike (not tyre changes!!).

My attitude has been if I don't do it who will? Never had a bloke that either could or would. But also I guess I have been living on my own for quite some time now so have learn't to be self sufficient and independent. In fact it really surprises me when a bloke does actually offer to help or do something on my bike for me. (Admittedly, alot of the time I don't think to ask either - not wanting to "use" people). The last ex was actually excellent on that score, i.e. changing tyres, putting the odd indicator on - well now I know how to do that very well!! lol And replacing the clutch lever myself!!

Apparently I can cook, make a mean chocolate gateaux, done cake decorating, card making, cross stitch, knitting (a few items got finished!!), flower arranging, have my own piano. Learnt many forms of dancing.

But then I have never owned a tv in my life and I don't have children. I have never settled for mediocrity and always try and fit as much as I can into life. I just do what I enjoy and don't give a damn whether it is considered blokey or feminine. I know who and what I am and what other people think is none of my business.

Without my bike - life would be lifeless - I know that for a fact - experienced that for 4 months last year.

Well that turned out to be a long waffle - hey I can't access KB at work anymore!!

Lucy
21st April 2007, 00:58
Can someone tell me how to do the thumb test please?! I think I sort of get the gist, but would like to know how the hands are held or whatever, just for a giggle.

Lucy
21st April 2007, 01:03

Given that, realistically any chick is only a couple of beers off being a lesbian, surely the manly throb of a bike would only increase the propensity? :shutup:

That is classic! Why do you think a 'manly throb' would increase the desire for a woman and not for a manly man? (And now I know why The_Dover always refers to Honda riders as fags....!)

botb
21st April 2007, 07:13
Ok so NOW i'm a potential lesbian coz i ride a bike and also NOW i'm a potential fag coz said bike is a Honda :gob: I'm getting really confused about my sexuality here :rofl:

KATWYN
21st April 2007, 07:55
Now regarding the finger thumb crossing thing, just asked the blokes to cross there thumbs, the left hander crosses his right thumb over the top, the right hander did the opposite and I did same as the right hander and I am right hander so possibly this is more to do with whether you are right or left handed.

i'm a left hander.....theres hope :laugh:

KATWYN
21st April 2007, 07:58
Can someone tell me how to do the thumb test please?! I think I sort of get the gist, but would like to know how the hands are held or whatever, just for a giggle.

ok...just automatically clasp your hands together......then look to see where your thumbs are

Babelfish
21st April 2007, 09:11
That is classic! Why do you think a 'manly throb' would increase the desire for a woman and not for a manly man? (And now I know why The_Dover always refers to Honda riders as fags....!)

Yep, I think you're definately repressing your inner lesbian....let it out, be free

scumdog
21st April 2007, 11:06
. Now regarding the finger thumb crossing thing, just asked the blokes to cross there thumbs, the left hander crosses his right thumb over the top, the right hander did the opposite and I did same as the right hander and I am right hander so possibly this is more to do with whether you are right or left handed.

Never saw this 'crossing of thumbs' thing on TV but tried it just a second ago, my left thumb goes over my right (tried it the other way round - felt really awkward) and I'm *left handed, what is THAT meant to indicate??

*Except for hitting a ball with a hockey stick, golf club or soft-ball bat etc, then I'm right handed - go figure!

Lucy
21st April 2007, 11:46
Yep, I think you're definately repressing your inner lesbian....let it out, be free

Ok, I will. Wanna come over and play?

Keystone19
21st April 2007, 14:11
Notice that the really successful bike racers are generally men who are small in stature and light weight, like jockeys. They need to be fit, flexible and have endurance. Any minute now we're going to discover that motorbike racing is women's work.

Ahem.......

Disco Dan
21st April 2007, 14:38
Just wondering if us ladies that ride have more crossover with the traits that makes men - well men - more spacially aware, competitive, good at navagating etc?

oh dear.... does that mean I am more 'woman' then? :innocent: hahaha!

NotaGoth
21st April 2007, 16:31
I noticed that the minute I talked about getting a bike I had comments thrown my way bout being a butch lesbian...what the hell?????

"You can't do that cause your female"

Well I'm sorry... But why sit back and be labelled useless cause theres this whole... "females can't do this and that" "females shouldn't do this and that" thing going on..

"A females place is in the home"

Its so old fashioned..

Get out there and give it a go... You might just suprise yourself..

I've been more than willing to get out there and learn to work on my own car.. Starting from the basics like tyres changes, oil changes, changing air filter, brakes etc etc... I'm the same when it comes to my bike.. I'm willing to learn.. Because I know that when I put my mind to it I can do anything..

It doesn't mean you've got more male traits... The fact is females are as equal as any male out there in the first place... Theres just been this whole pathetic image pinned on what each sex should be like... And its still sticking!!

At the end of the day it just means you've got the guts to get out there and give it your all.. You've got the guts to be independant..

Whipe the whole female this male that image.. Its bullshit..

sunhuntin
21st April 2007, 17:50
hell, im more blokey than the guys i work with [for the most part!]

hate makeup, nail polish etc. my nails are as short as i can get em. hair just gets shaken roughly when the lid comes off.
for the most part, i cant stand women... they bore me half to death. always bitching and catty about someone else.

i live in a tshirt and jeans... its very rare ill wear anything but! i look like a cross dresser when i do try chicks clothing.
im happy getting under a bonnet and getting engine crap under my nails. i love cleaning bikes, and would like to learn maintinence... im tempted to hang around the mechanics on monday and watch them do a service on v-go.
diesel on my hands doesnt bother me.

but then, ive always been more boyish. hated barbie and loved transformers. loved climbing trees and hated playing skipping games.

i can read a map and find my way out of almost anywhere without one. dunno how to drive, so cant paralell park.

and my left goes on top of my right.

Babelfish
21st April 2007, 18:51
Ok, I will. Wanna come over and play?

Hell yeah, I've been a lesbian for years....I did think about going gay but then I learnt of the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that dancing

Toaster
21st April 2007, 21:06
I wear a kilt from time to time. I used to shave my legs when I raced pushbikes. After a good snog I often have lipstick on my face (and sometimes somewhere else but we won't talk about that:devil2:) .

Does this mean I'm a chick or just comfortable with my sexuality?

And you called me gay for being in the Navy??!! (ex-navy by the way!) lol :gob:

Toaster
21st April 2007, 21:08
Hmmmmmm I was the 666th person to view this thread. I have a t-shirt coming that says "mark of the beast" (to do with my bike). Is someone trying to tell me something here?

McJim
21st April 2007, 23:11
Hmmmmmm I was the 666th person to view this thread. I have a t-shirt coming that says "mark of the beast" (to do with my bike). Is someone trying to tell me something here?

It was that Able Seaman in the navy that called you a "beast" mate...did he call you a saucy devil afterwards though?:devil2:

elle-f
22nd April 2007, 06:15
i might be considered blokey because i am surely not a girly girly......although i do scream at big spiders close by so i guess i am HAHA

Babelfish
22nd April 2007, 09:15
It was that Able Seaman in the navy that called you a "beast" mate...did he call you a saucy devil afterwards though?:devil2:

Wasn't Able Seaman Stains was it?

KATWYN
22nd April 2007, 10:43
The fact is females are as equal as any male out there in the first place...

I know where you are coming from, but as a woman I want to be equal to and as good as a woman....not a man.

We are our own breed, have our own values, standards and abilities...and men have theirs. It just happens that interestingly one lot of values, standards and abilities have elevated themselves above the other.....strange really

Toaster
22nd April 2007, 18:23

Mate, that was a great comeback, I am laughing my hot little ass off!

MotoGirl
22nd April 2007, 19:18
I'm probably a bloke trapped in a female's body :rofl: I've always been one of the boys!

I would go as far as saying I dislike makeup and never even bother trying to look like a girl or smell pretty. I must be very man's dream, NOT!

McJim
22nd April 2007, 19:55
Mate, that was a great comeback, I am laughing my hot little ass off!

You're lucky your arse is little AND hot. I'm in touch with my feminine side and getting on in years - therefore my arse is rapidly approaching the size of a bus!

Toaster
23rd April 2007, 09:09
You're lucky your arse is little AND hot. I'm in touch with my feminine side and getting on in years - therefore my arse is rapidly approaching the size of a bus!

I am sure that will go down like a bucket of cold sick with the KB ladies!!

Babelfish
23rd April 2007, 19:21
I am sure that will go down like a bucket of cold sick with the KB ladies!!

Guys, can we get back to focussing on the KB ladies feeling more like lesbians? Damn, I hate it when people hijack a good thread :crazy:

klingon
24th April 2007, 21:05
Ahem.......

Yes you :yes:

Reckless
24th April 2007, 22:41
Guys, can we get back to focussing on the KB ladies feeling more like lesbians? Damn, I hate it when people hijack a good thread :crazy:

Jeepers ladies wats this hang up about wanting to be better than guys?
Or cuse you ride a bike your a lesbo? Who Gives a shit what anyone else thinks. Just get out there and enjoy the power, speed and freedom. Who cares if you like to ride a bike, a bloke, a chick or any combination of the above.

I'll tell you one thing for free you would never never find blokes pursuing a thread like this its positively unnerving.
I love to see women out there on their bikes. Then I might finally get the chance to talk to a chick about something that really interests me. Bikes!

With blokes, Bikes are our common denominator simple as that! No more no less!

I thought biker chicks where a special breed but this thread has got me????

Well someone asked early in the thread for a blokes opinion.
Sorry girls I know I'm gonna get roasted over the above but I just had to say it. Now I'm not gonna log on for a month.:done:

dogsnbikes
24th April 2007, 22:42
U4EA HERE!!!! well Im left on right thumb..never saw the doco so am a little jaded by it all...I enjoy my femininity,am not ashamed to just be a woman.however I have the independance that goes with being a biker.I looooove getting my hands dirty and working on the bike but still have to bow down when some things are just "mans work" and I physically cant do something.Get a bit sick of silly women who wont smile back or get clicky .tend to have more male freinds in my sphere.. oh and I can swear with the best of em !!!!!!geeeeees thats not very ladylike at all lmfao

Babelfish
25th April 2007, 08:31
U4EA HERE!!!! ...Get a bit sick of silly women who wont smile back or get clicky...[/SIZE]

uh oh, here we go.....(cue cat screech noise)

Reckless
27th April 2007, 10:19
I just had to comment.
I watched that sex wars thing last night that started this thread.
From a blokes perspective what a pile of bias rubbish.
They had the most affemenate guys in there telling blokes how they should be. And the most feminist type women telling us how confused we are??
Nobody put the case forward that:
Sometimes maybe, we just like hangin with the lads and drinking bear (I don't drink bear much by the way). It put forward the notion the we have to get drunk to display affection to each other. How Obsurd!!!
We show affection all the time. The blokes way.
When we share a good time we'll enjoy relaying it to each other and feel a kinship. When a mate does us a favour we will look him in the eye, shake his hand and say "Thanks Mate". And there is a blokey type bond and appreciation/Affection thereafter.
Why do I have to throw my arms around him?? Because Girls say we should!
Why do we have to be like girls say we should be?? Thats what is really confusing some males.
Maybe we simply like looking at sexy girls. Maybe we like the power and speed of a big car or bike and its not a replacement for a small ??? And maybe we simply think the look of a sports car or bike, is as beautiful as a bikini clad women or a wife that just loves you for all your faults. My wife does "what she wants, when she wants, how she wants".
I just don't buy into this metro male thing its simply pressure bought to bear on us to be something we are not.
Nuff said!

buellbabe
21st May 2007, 12:20
Happily admit to being a total girly-girl as far as my outward appearance goes... but the inner me is a complete tomboy. Always have been, got more male friends than female.
I DON'T DO SHOPPING...
And at a party you won't catch me in the kitchen chatting with the ladies... I'll be in the shed with the lads.
My brother and I grew up modifying our trikes/pushbikes... always had a fascination with bikes and tools!
I am at my happiest when I am either riding my bike (and I ain't no nana) or running my dogs in the bush.

And the thumb thing...right over left so go figure!

Hanne
28th May 2007, 23:18

Yes, but she was purrrrple.... really, how could I resist?

007XX
29th May 2007, 10:07
Good grief, where to start? I agree with everyone, so won't start quoting, cos i'd be taking bits off everyone else's texts.

When a guy asked me if I wasn't really a bloke, as he had never seen a chick getting so enthusiatic about burnouts at the Cold Kiwi, I decided to take that as a compliment.

Was definitely a tomboy as a kid. Couldn't play with dolls to save myself. I bought a Barbie at 12 years of age, thinking that I wasn't normal if i didn't play with one: she ended up jammed in a disused V8 engine my mates and I found and made into a makeshift Battlestar galactica ship. can't stand gossiping, b(&%$ing, and talking of handbags or shoes for hours. But don't get me started on bikes and engines, of course!
The worse thing, all my girlfriends around me are VERY girly...They should be called the Bling Nation group, and that has started to influence me in a good way.

The biggest thing is though, I'm old enough now to take a little from both sides, and only be what I feel comfortable being. So I kind of am a hybrid, somewhere between a girly girl and a hard out bikey. And I'm very happy with that. Oh, and yes, I can definitely read a map, without turning it round and round...:rockon:

Xile
8th June 2007, 18:42
What a thread!
I agree with lots of people here (except this story about crossed thumbs! crap, think its just right/left handed problem)

I just like doing things that are not "normal" for girls. Tell me "you cannot do it", i'll do my best to success at it!
Started with cars and parisian driving (= go, go, go!!!), changing oil and stuff like this. Don't like to be dependent on someone, even if it does not mean that I will never ask for help: you need to learn first.
Been pillioning my Dad for years, enjoying every ride and this feeling of freedom. So started in bikes (not such a long time ago, only 2 years) and getting more confident with time!

Don't thing I'm a bloke cause I am a rider, or because I prefer the company of boys, or because make-up is only for going out and high-heels less than 10 times a year ;). Not wearing sexy clothes, mostly Tshirts and normal pants and sneakers...but still girl clothes!

And I definitly agree with people thinking that riders are riders, male or female, that's what you enjoy and it is not more an activity for boys or girls!
(maybe just some women are stopped by the cliché that bikes=for men)

KATWYN
8th June 2007, 19:46
(maybe just some women are stopped by the cliché that bikes=for men)

Yep you are probably right there. But tis up to us (everyone of us girly riders) to change that stereotypical BS so girls don't miss out on the experience!

Lissa
8th June 2007, 21:18
Yep you are probably right there. But tis up to us (everyone of us girly riders) to change that stereotypical BS so girls don't miss out on the experience!
Dont worry I have two young girls already wanting to ride bikes (they think its cool, not at all blokey), but my son only wants to ride four wheels... go figure. :mellow:

The Pastor
8th June 2007, 21:40
who let you all out of the kitchen?

Toaster
8th June 2007, 21:43
who let you all out of the kitchen?

You're so gonna get your arse kicked there lad!

The Pastor
9th June 2007, 00:17
You're so gonna get your arse kicked there lad!

woman can vote now????? WTF MATE!!!

mstriumph
9th June 2007, 03:30
to drag the thread back on topic ... lol

I'm female
I ride
so WHAT?
since WHEN is riding the province of male, female or little pink bunnyrabbit?

we share a passion
and that passion is above gender, race, colour or creed
that should suffice

my 2c

mstriumph
9th June 2007, 03:38
Im a girly girl... In fact I love being a woman. I love dressing like a woman, smelling like a woman blah blah blah...

I dont see the fact that I chose to ride as being a "blokey" trait either... more an independance/stubborn thing, people said I would not be able to do it... so I did it.

However with being a girly girl, I dont really spend much time with women, in fact I cant stand women all talking at once, it drives me mad, chat chat, laugh laugh, gossip gossip... not my thing at all.... so maybe I am a little more blokey that I care to admit.

yours is very similar to the expressed opinions of many cross-dressers
but
as one forum member to another ...... and as i see it
having no bike - and therefore NOT being a rider
your opinion / self-analysis as a cutesy-poo, eyelash-fluttering 'girly girl' [methinks the 'lady'?! doth protest too much lol]
is irrelevant, boring and - dare i say it, 'arrogant'? if you don't ride WHO THE HELL CARES what you think?? :mellow:

have a nice day now

fireball
9th June 2007, 04:18
i think gender has nothing to do with bikes i am certainly not a girly girl but im sure they exsist in the bike comm- its not just dykes and blokes on bikes anymore. as long as they dont have playboy bunnies everywhere its all good!! :yes:
my bike does not make me blokey it gives me freedom im just a hard woman :Punk:

KATWYN
9th June 2007, 10:53
my bike does not make me blokey it gives me freedom im just a hard woman :Punk:

FREEEEDOM

That is the key word here ladies........bikes are synonymous with freedom

KATWYN
9th June 2007, 11:00
if you don't ride WHO THE HELL CARES what you think?? :mellow:

I care what Joni thinks.....:sunny:

Lissa
10th June 2007, 10:32
I care what Joni thinks.....:sunny:
I second that. :)

who let you all out of the kitchen?Hmm him not so much.

terbang
10th June 2007, 10:40
Followed a chick who was riding a Harley along the southern motorway yesterday. She was neatly poured into well tailored and close fitting leathers...! Didn't look too blokey to me.

buellbabe
11th June 2007, 07:42
One thing that has become apparent from reading this thread is that us 'ladies/girls/women' who ride bikes ARE different to the average female.
Whether we are total tomboys or girly-girls there is something that sets us apart from women who don't ride...
I don't know what it is...I can't explain my all consuming passion for my bike and riding it...
But I am happy to be a part of the greater motorcycling community who accept me for who I am!

surfchick
11th June 2007, 17:42
need for speed baby!
seperates us from the male & female mossbacks
i grow moss sometimes teaching...and being an amoeba behind a desk all week...so that's what the bike is for...and the surfboard...and the snowboard...to kind of shake off all the krusty slowness of the week

amoeba
:angry2:
amoeba
amoeba
:bash:
amoeba
amoeba:sick:

then after a bike ride become:
:shifty: :laugh: :woohoo:

Stella
11th June 2007, 19:34
I am fairly girly, but also fairly not as well. I love dressing up, true I am a trousers girl, but love accessories. Love doing 'boy' things, am very practical and VERY proud of my tool box :)

Once I sat down and thought of what traits the 'woman I want to be' would have. It was an interesting 50/50 split of supposedly male/female traits.

I do love the idea that is surprises people that I am a girl biker (albeit newbie biker) but it PISSES ME OFF when people think I mean SCOOTER when I say MOTORCYCLE :angry: and when they say "oh, well, you be careful now, won't you?". They so wouldn't say it if I had a y-chromosome.

Oh.... and I have decided I lean more towards girls :love: than boys.... just I am too girly to be properly a dyke on a bike!! ;)

KATWYN
11th June 2007, 20:09
:laugh: Has this thread digressed to "coming outa the closet" confessions now?

:corn:

Stella
11th June 2007, 20:12
There was a closet?!?!?!

I think I have heard about this place..... sounds far too dark and scary. I never went in there ;P

KATWYN
11th June 2007, 20:33
There was a closet?!?!?!

I think I have heard about this place..... sounds far too dark and scary. I never went in there ;P

My closet doesn't even have doors on it. ...and its stuffed full of shoes, clothes & bags

Chickadee
11th June 2007, 23:12
As Stella was saying, I'm sure we get judged by non-bikers frequently being chicks on bikes. Ooh you ride, you be careful out there. I'd love to know what pops into their little pea brains when they see girls riding bikes.

Loved the previous girly ride - when there were around 20 of us out West and had stopped - lots of people looking as they drove past, and guys on bikes out for a ride too..... looking, and double taking - 'shit they're all girls'.

I think the difference with us ladies is we live & enjoy life - we don't just exist in a stereotypical fashion.

buellbabe
12th June 2007, 06:50
My closet doesn't even have doors on it. ...and its stuffed full of shoes, clothes & bags

Ditto! 'cept mine are chocka of clothes,shoes and boots...lots of boots! I use every closet in my house! And one is totally devoted to bike jackets :yes:

KATWYN
12th June 2007, 08:46
Ditto! 'cept mine are chocka of clothes,shoes and boots...lots of boots!

Oh oh oh boots...! don't get me started on boots :love:

Are there any biker girls that don't lurve boots?? I bet there aren't any.

Reckless
12th June 2007, 10:10
One thing that has become apparent from reading this thread is that us 'ladies/girls/women' who ride bikes ARE different to the average female.
Whether we are total tomboys or girly-girls there is something that sets us apart from women who don't ride...
I don't know what it is...I can't explain my all consuming passion for my bike and riding it...
But I am happy to be a part of the greater motorcycling community who accept me for who I am!

Exactly the same for a bloke who rides!! Can't see why any of the above are a problem for a girl. Its what we guys are proud of and what gives us lifes personal indentity. Don't forget even as guys and bikers we are in the minority as well and thank god for that.

As Stella was saying, I'm sure we get judged by non-bikers frequently being chicks on bikes. Ooh you ride, you be careful out there. I'd love to know what pops into their little pea brains when they see girls riding bikes.

I think the difference with us ladies is we live & enjoy life - we don't just exist in a stereotypical fashion.

Ladies, I cold simply swap the words Ladies & chicks to the word blokes in both quotes above and there would be no difference. We all have the 'need for speed' and less 'passion for fashion'. So I hope you girls are not impying you feel different from other bikers, just the other girls and girly pressures. Cause us biker blokes are a bit different than the normal old boring jo blo, and we love it!! Welcome to the club!

007XX
12th June 2007, 21:57
Oh oh oh boots...! don't get me started on boots :love:

Are there any biker girls that don't lurve boots?? I bet there aren't any.

Mmmmm...Oh yeah! I just bought a new pair, no later than this arvo. To the last count, this must be pair number 12...but who's counting?????:woohoo: :laugh:

007XX
12th June 2007, 22:06
Exactly the same for a bloke who rides!! Can't see why any of the above are a problem for a girl. Its what we guys are proud of and what gives us lifes personal indentity. Don't forget even as guys and bikers we are in the minority as well and thank god for that.

Ladies, I cold simply swap the words Ladies & chicks to the word blokes in both quotes above and there would be no difference. We all have the 'need for speed' and less 'passion for fashion'. So I hope you girls are not impying you feel different from other bikers, just the other girls and girly pressures. Cause us biker blokes are a bit different than the normal old boring jo blo, and we love it!! Welcome to the club!

Sorry Reckless, but I think you may have slightly misunderstood the subject of this thread: it is about us girl riders in comparison to other more "stereotypical", average chicks... Not about the differences between the men and women riders.

And it doesn't give us any problem. If anything, we are very proud of being different from the average and embrace these differences as they make us more alive.

Ladies ...Feel free to correct me if I got this one wrong! I obviously do not pretend to speak for all of us.

buellbabe
13th June 2007, 06:56
Yes you got that right :yes:

Mmmmm...Oh yeah! I just bought a new pair, no later than this arvo. To the last count, this must be pair number 12...but who's counting?????:woohoo: :laugh:

My boot collection (LOL)
2 pairs of stilletto boots at work
Another 3 at home
3 pairs of cowboy boots
2 pairs of platforms

4 pairs awaiting heel and sole repairs

and just purchased some Dionese ladies riding boots

mmm.... boots...:love: :love: :love:

KATWYN
13th June 2007, 08:30
Yes you got that right :yes:

My boot collection (LOL)
2 pairs of stilletto boots at work
Another 3 at home
3 pairs of cowboy boots
2 pairs of platforms

4 pairs awaiting heel and sole repairs

and just purchased some Dionese ladies riding boots

mmm.... boots...:love: :love: :love:

For anyone that has a thing for boots they have to see that movie "kinky boots" (don't get put off by the title - tis not as bad as it sounds). After watching it the first thing you want to do is buy some boots. The film is based on the true story of a little shoe shop in conservative South Hampton,that used to make boring old mens brown loafers, the company got into trouble financially (surprise surprise) then the owner found a niche market.....boots....but not just ANY kinda boots - with special emphasis on the heels of these boots. It was filmed in real shoe factories and made the relationship between a boring old peice of leather, cotton, industrial sewing machine and the sewer look like an artistic masterpiece.

Sorry back on topic for me

007XX
13th June 2007, 08:35
For anyone that has a thing for boots they have to see that movie "kinky boots" (don't get put off by the title - tis not as bad as it sounds). After watching it the first thing you want to do is buy some boots. The film is based on the true story of a little shoe shop in conservative South Hampton,that used to make boring old mens brown loafers, the company got into trouble financially (surprise surprise) then the owner found a niche market.....boots....but not just ANY kinda boots - with special emphasis on the heels of these boots. It was filmed in real shoe factories and made the relationship between a boring old peice of leather, cotton, industrial sewing machine and the sewer look like an artistic masterpiece.

Sounds awesome...what really worries me is the part where you reckon that after seeing the movie, we'd want to buy more boots.:p

Lissa
13th June 2007, 10:03

Yea Ive seen that movie.. its great.

Ive only got 4 pairs of boots... :( I think I need some catching up.

Reckless
13th June 2007, 10:21
Sorry Reckless, but I think you may have slightly misunderstood the subject of this thread: it is about us girl riders in comparison to other more "stereotypical", average chicks... Not about the differences between the men and women riders.

And it doesn't give us any problem. If anything, we are very proud of being different from the average and embrace these differences as they make us more alive.

Ladies ...Feel free to correct me if I got this one wrong! I obviously do not pretend to speak for all of us.

Ye I get was just commenting that we are all the same. Glad to hear you gals are ok with us, as we feel you are a bit more like us than even some of our wives. :rockon:

Yea Ive seen that movie.. its great.

Ive only got 4 pairs of boots... :( I think I need some catching up.

Haha beat ya! I've got 6 pairs. MX, riding, work and gumboots. None like in the movie though:yes:

007XX
13th June 2007, 14:16
Ye I get was just commenting that we are all the same. Glad to hear you gals are ok with us, as we feel you are a bit more like us than even some of our wives. :rockon:

Jeepers Man....Make sure they don't catch you saying that though!!!!! Would be a slow, painful way to die!:shit: :shit: :bash: :rofl:

Haha beat ya! I've got 6 pairs. MX, riding, work and gumboots. None like in the movie though:yes:

Mmmmm...Maybe we should make you:innocent: :p an honorary girlfriend? I reckon you're a bit more like us than some of our hubbys...

Reckless
13th June 2007, 15:31
Mmmmm...Maybe we should make you:innocent: :p an honorary girlfriend? I reckon you're a bit more like us than some of our hubbys...
Oh shit now I've confessed to watching the Movie (the wife got it out). You girls have got the wrong Picture. I ain't got any of those boots!!:nono:

I reckon you're a bit more like us than some of our hubbys...Hehe my wife probably thinks I'm exactly like your hubbies!

They just can't understand why we can see beauty in a piece of metal. hehe Mind you the Honda or the Kwaka don't say no if I wake them early, warm them slowly & take them for a lovely ride. ooh gone to far! Nuff said!

See! typical male, disgusting! oh well I couldn't have handled honorary girlfriend club anyway! :dodge:

Lissa
13th June 2007, 15:35
Oh shit now I've confessed to watching the Movie (the wife got it out). You girls have got the wrong Picture. I ain't got any of those boots!!:nono:

I reckon you're a bit more like us than some of our hubbys...Hehe my wife probably thinks I'm exactly like your hubbies!

They just can't understand why we can see beauty in a piece of metal. hehe Mind you the Honda or the Kwaka don't say no if I wake them early, warm them slowly & take them for a lovely ride. ooh gone to far! Nuff said!

See! typical male, disgusting! oh well I couldn't have handled honorary girlfriend club anyway! :dodge:

Its ok... you are just a typical disgusting bloke... but with BOOTS! Nope nothing girly about that... wouldnt even let you ride on the 'Chicks Ride'!! (feel better now?) :D

gumboots dont count!

Str8 Jacket
13th June 2007, 15:44
I guess im quite "tomboyish". Always have been though so I dont think riding caused that!!

Trudes
13th June 2007, 16:02
I guess im quite "tomboyish". Always have been though so I dont think riding caused that!!

Oh I don't know Str8, you looked like a beautiful worldly business woman last time I saw you...
(no, I'm not trying to come on to her, you filthy filthy boys, we women are allowed to pay each other compliments like that). :innocent:

Str8 Jacket
13th June 2007, 16:06
Oh I don't know Str8, you looked like a beautiful worldly business woman last time I saw you...
(no, I'm not trying to come on to her, you filthy filthy boys, we women are allowed to pay each other compliments like that). :innocent:

lol, thanks :) Unfortunately my new role has a 'Corporate Dress' code. Im getting used to it but would prefer to be in jeans and T shirt any day!

Lissa
13th June 2007, 16:09
lol, thanks :) Unfortunately my new role has a 'Corporate Dress' code. Im getting used to it but would prefer to be in jeans and T shirt any day!
heehee I didnt recognise you at lunch that day. Only seen you in your bikey gear. :sunny:

Str8 Jacket
13th June 2007, 16:12
heehee I didnt recognise you at lunch that day. Only seen you in your bikey gear. :sunny:

Even my non riding mates say that! Its funny what dressing up and make updoes for someone, eh! :)

Lissa
13th June 2007, 17:34
Even my non riding mates say that! Its funny what dressing up and make updoes for someone, eh! :)
hehe yea you scrump up well hels!! Jealous I use to wear highheels, nice suits and things, now its more like jeans and a grubby dribbled top (from the kids!)

I had a question. Must be the right thread for it. Now its Winter.. and I have only riden in summer. How do you girls dress for riding. Ive brought thermals.. I wore two or them, plus two tops under my jacket and felt like the friggin Michelin Man... highly uncomfortable, and not sixy at all. Any ideas as to what to wear? What do you wear? ( I have to confess though I forgot to put my inner in the Jacket).

skelstar
13th June 2007, 18:12
(I have to confess though I forgot to put my inner in the Jacket).
:slap:

You ask some nice boy if you can use his jacket liner :mellow:

...and they say chivalry is dead?!

Lissa
13th June 2007, 18:50
:slap:

You ask some nice boy if you can use his jacket liner :mellow:

...and they say chivalry is dead?!

A nice boy? :scratch:

hehe yea sorry forgot.. so I had like six layers on, fat and was still cold!

KATWYN
13th June 2007, 19:40
hehe yea you scrump up well hels!! Jealous I use to wear highheels, nice suits and things, now its more like jeans and a grubby dribbled top (from the kids!)

I had a question. Must be the right thread for it. Now its Winter.. and I have only riden in summer. How do you girls dress for riding. Ive brought thermals.. I wore two or them, plus two tops under my jacket and felt like the friggin Michelin Man... highly uncomfortable, and not sixy at all. Any ideas as to what to wear? What do you wear? ( I have to confess though I forgot to put my inner in the Jacket).

I ride to work every morning and its really cold. At the moment im wearing woolly gloves inside my bike gloves. A jumper under my leathers. and a windbreaker/rain jacket (not wearing the windbreaker pants just yet) I notice a huge difference as soon as I put my windbreaker on over my leathers. The difference between a freezing and a comfortable ride in

McJim
13th June 2007, 19:45
I had a question. Must be the right thread for it. Now its Winter.. and I have only riden in summer. How do you girls dress for riding. Ive brought thermals..

Hmmmm - Winter? When does that happen?

I've been here nearly 3 years and winter STILL hasn't arrived :rofl: the seasons here are:

Autumn, Spring, Summer, Summer, Autumn, Spring, Summer, Summer....And the Summer ain't that hot so I wear the same all year round - T shirt and leather jacket with the thermal liner removed.

Reckless
13th June 2007, 19:47
Its ok... you are just a typical disgusting bloke... but with BOOTS! Nope nothing girly about that... wouldnt even let you ride on the 'Chicks Ride'!! (feel better now?)

:yes: ye, much better thanks! :rockon:

We all feel like the Michelin man. Still better than in the car if its not raining though! Use the liner for your jacket, get a neck tube polar fleece is good, (Mt Eden M/c have some good ones here for only 10 bucks, I have 2, with one always under the seat), good gloves and if you can spare the cash some spool (or similar) pants, they have water proofing and thermal liners etc etc and you'll be as warm as toast. For some reason the neck tube makes a big difference for me??

Midnight Special
13th June 2007, 22:43
I dont think there is any isue of girl guy bike rideing there are six women at the med school i know that ride bikes its not a male thing just the same as people that drive cars , its maybe some girls think they are doing something thats a guy thing even kiddies can ride a motorbike !

Lissa
13th June 2007, 22:52
Hmmmm - Winter? When does that happen?

I've been here nearly 3 years and winter STILL hasn't arrived :rofl: the seasons here are:

Autumn, Spring, Summer, Summer, Autumn, Spring, Summer, Summer....And the Summer ain't that hot so I wear the same all year round - T shirt and leather jacket with the thermal liner removed.
Thats cause you live in Dorkland!! Its always warmer in Winter up North... come down and try a nice crisp freezing frosty Rapa morning.. that will get ya thermals on! :D

Ok.. so I'm being a girl.. but I got an excuse right!

Thanks KATWYN.. I am going to get a windbreaker. Tried to wear an extra pair of gloves in side my gloves but couldnt use the clutch and break comfortably.. but I'm not too worried about cold hands. :)

Thanks Reckless... going to get myself a good neck warmer.. the one I have is a bit stretched and basically useless. Glad you are feeling better too dude!! :D