PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Licence :-(

Nouseforaname
29th June 2003, 18:35
Well finally, 2months after getting caught speeding i finally got my day in court. Not that i had a lawyer cos i didnt have much of a leg to stand on. Anyway, got caught doing 111kph in a 50 zone, late at night with NO other traffic in sight ( i was on a back country road ), ended up getting charged with dangerous driving.... personally i didnt think it was dangerous as opposed to some boy racer doin burn outs in a middle of a diesel laden intersection. It was a dead straight road without a single bend. But hey, i knew i was in the wrong so ive got nobody else to blame but myself :-)

Just let this be a lesson to you all, be damn careful out there, dont get caught! :-P

But after paying my $300 fine ( i thought it would be more ) and having to wait 6 months to get my licence back, ill be on the road again, legally :-)........ shit happens i guess.

Now i just have to explain it to my insurance company

SpankMe
29th June 2003, 18:52
Yep, it's a shit to loose your licence. First time I lost it I just kept riding. Even got pulled over once, but they were just checking reg and wof so no problem.

Second time I had totalled the bike during the licence-loosing event, so I just waited it out.

If you choose to keep riding, it will be six months of sticking to the speed limit and avoiding any possible random stop times and places. Best to just stick to getting to and from work.

georgedubyabush
29th June 2003, 20:39
if it happened on your restricted for instance, i dont suppose those 6 months are counted off your 250 time either? i mean, 2 years total at restricted level as opposed to 18 months?

bungbung
30th June 2003, 10:36
At the bottom of traffic infringement tickets, there are a list of demerit points to choose from. The cop might circle 20points for exceeding the speed limit by 17km/h. I learnt by accident that if the cop doesn't circle the points, you still accumulate them. Cue knock on the door one morning "would sir please hand over his licence". I had an unexpected bonus of 45 points. yay I win.

Motoracer
30th June 2003, 15:02
Yes, the period you loose your licence for is added time to wait for your full licence on top of the 18 months. Althoe when I lost my licence on my restricted, it was for 3 months. I think thats the general rule for people who loose their licences with a restricted.

bungbung
30th June 2003, 16:04
I think when you lose your licence due to too many points, as opposed to being convicted and disqualified, your licence is 'suspended' for three months or more - if you are in your learner or restricted phase, then your time is extended by that amount. I'm not sure if it is different for a disqualification. I have heard of people who needed to resit the full test after being disqualified.