PDA

View Full Version : Guess what showed up at work today....

0arbreaka
21st April 2007, 00:29
This has to be a highlight of my otherwise boring workday.
Yes, I know its a cage but its a bloody nice cage in that respect.
Its worth more than most peoples houses.... *Cough cough* 1.2 mil..

2004 Porsche Carrera GT
5.7l V10 mid engine
0-100 in 3.5sec
top speed 330 - 350kmh

only one in nz

cowpoos
21st April 2007, 00:43
This has to be a highlight of my otherwise boring workday.
Yes, I know its a cage but its a bloody nice cage in that respect.
Its worth more than most peoples houses.... *Cough cough* 1.2 mil..

2004 Porsche Carrera GT
5.7l V10 mid engine
0-100 in 3.5sec
top speed 330 - 350kmh

only one in nz
yummy!!!!!!!

Lorax
21st April 2007, 00:47
Holy crap. Pity it's not big enough to comfortably fit a six foot five bugger like myself. Otherwise I would've put it on my credit card tomorrow.

onearmedbandit
21st April 2007, 00:53
Very, very, very nice.

cowpoos
21st April 2007, 00:58
Holy crap. Pity it's not big enough to comfortably fit a six foot five bugger like myself. Otherwise I would've put it on my credit card tomorrow.
you would be very very surprised at how roomy porsche's usually are...and I would doubt that one would be any different!!

0arbreaka
21st April 2007, 01:13
Im 6"4 and I do struggle to fit in some porsches comfortably, but I can say that the GT is neiter uncomfortable or comfortable.

Lorax
21st April 2007, 01:15
you would be very very surprised at how roomy porsche's usually are...and I would doubt that one would be any different!!

Head room is the key. My dad's blenhiem-retired-person-car (Suzuki Wagon R - see attachment) has heaps of room, a beautiful car to sit in. But not to look at. Never get pulled over by the cops though.

Might go in and sit in a porsche. Now I've got an excuse: "I would like to find out how much head room you have in your $1million plus Porsche's please"

Big Dave
21st April 2007, 01:31
Holy crap. Pity it's not big enough to comfortably fit a six foot five bugger like myself.

Ditto. I prefer a S600 partly for that reason. :cool:

Big Dave
21st April 2007, 01:37

It's my feet that don't fit. And the egress, it's impossible to get out of one cooly.

0arbreaka
21st April 2007, 01:45
The 997 arent as bad as the previous carrera's room wise, but I still have to say that I dont like the 987 boxters as they were/are hairdressers cars and not roomy at all. The roomiest porsche is the cayenne, but those chew through brakes and tyres faster than I can chew through a pizza.

Kittyhawk
21st April 2007, 02:33
Now that's a deceant cage.....should have asked if you could race it on ya bike :innocent:

nadroj
21st April 2007, 07:08
Head room is the key. My dad's blenhiem-retired-person-car (Suzuki Wagon R - see attachment) has heaps of room, a beautiful car to sit in. But not to look at. Never get pulled over by the cops though.

Might go in and sit in a porsche. Now I've got an excuse: "I would like to find out how much head room you have in your $1million plus Porsche's please"

You can get all the head you want with one of those!

Grahameeboy
21st April 2007, 07:14
You can get all the head you want with one of those!

:gob: do you want to re-phrase that............lol

Trudes
21st April 2007, 07:58
NNiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeeee!!!

Grahameeboy
21st April 2007, 08:08
NNiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeeee!!!

Now...was that with 8 i's Mrs K?

Waylander
21st April 2007, 08:40

Simple answere. Buy a convertable.

Vagabond
21st April 2007, 08:56
F@#% that must be one of the ugliest cages I've set eyes on!

SlashWylde
21st April 2007, 08:56
...Its worth more than most peoples houses.... *Cough cough* 1.2 mil...

Meh, it's just a car. Material worth is in the eye of the beholder. I'd rather have the house.

Finn
21st April 2007, 09:21
Im 6"4 and I do struggle to fit in some porsches comfortably, but I can say that the GT is neiter uncomfortable or comfortable.

Hey, thanks for cleaning my car the other day. Say hello to Tony for me.

Devil
21st April 2007, 09:51

The GT will be fine. The top comes off.

I saw that car when it first came into the country. Cruising down great south rd coming towards me. Didn't stand out to start with because it just looks typical porsche front-on, then I started to see the side and hear the exhaust. oooo baby!

The Pastor
21st April 2007, 09:54
that has to be one of the nicest cars ive seen.

I didnt like porches (much, give me any i'll still happly dirve it :D ) till now.

Thats as fast as a bike, and i bet way more fun!

Brett
21st April 2007, 10:18
Hey, I see you like my car. Once you have finished servicing it, how about a little bag of mints aye?

One day...those will be my words.

bane
21st April 2007, 10:37
Ditto. I prefer a S600 partly for that reason. :cool:

Honda! but thats about 3 foot long :gob:

...oh you mean a Merc...

Smokin
21st April 2007, 12:55
You wouldn't like to see that car going for a cruize around the West Coast, Our potholes would eat it!!!

Street Gerbil
21st April 2007, 14:18
Looks like a visualization of a scream: "I have a small penis and I am desperate".
Of course my cage (Spacio) is a visualization of a flipped bird and "I don't give a damn what you think about my car.... as long as I have my motorbike".

0arbreaka
21st April 2007, 17:07

What type of porsche do you drive Finn, assuming thats what you do drive....

Skyryder
22nd April 2007, 02:00
I've owned a couple of V Dubs in my day but the Porche has never been one of my favourite cars. Now the Aston Marton.....................

Skyryder

nallac
22nd April 2007, 08:17
I've owned a couple of V Dubs in my day but the Porche has never been one of my favourite cars. Now the Aston Marton.....................

Skyryder

aston marton now thats a sexy car.............
wonder how much i could get for the missus and kids???????????

Skyryder
22nd April 2007, 12:57
aston marton now thats a sexy car.............
wonder how much i could get for the missus and kids???????????

Yea you'd never see James Bond in a Porsche...............not even as a passenger...................it just seems so marteni......ish. Like shacken not stirred............or is it the other way around?

Skyryder

onearmedbandit
22nd April 2007, 13:24
James Bond isn't real.

0arbreaka
22nd April 2007, 15:23
heres another pic of the cage.

Lorax
22nd April 2007, 23:22

Drove a mates convertible once (tiny one). Soooo shit. The top of the windscreen was exactly at eye level, had to either slouch or sit straight-backed and look over. Was hilarious.

I feel for people that are seriously tall eg 7 foot. 6' 5" is nothing compared to that.

Big Dave
22nd April 2007, 23:52
I feel for people that are seriously tall eg 7 foot. 6' 5" is nothing compared to that.

Meh! - I still take it to the hoop and fake their un-co arse.

Lorax
23rd April 2007, 00:20
Meh! - I still take it to the hoop and fake their un-co arse.

But when they post up on your ass you respect their unco-ness...

Big Dave
23rd April 2007, 00:40
But when they post up on your ass you respect their unco-ness...

Box and one and deny the ball. And hold.

sAsLEX
23rd April 2007, 04:14

Pretty easy when you dont have a pesky engine or transmission in the way of your feet!

The_Dover
23rd April 2007, 06:23

that can't be your car.

I can see a bald prick in the background but unless you were standing on a box....

Forest
23rd April 2007, 15:48
I'm over in Melbourne today.

It looks like there's a bunch of Ferraris sitting in the warehouse today. Is it worth taking a pic?

yod
23rd April 2007, 16:00
The 997 arent as bad as the previous carrera's room wise, but I still have to say that I dont like the 987 boxters as they were/are hairdressers cars and not roomy at all. The roomiest porsche is the cayenne, but those chew through brakes and tyres faster than I can chew through a pizza.

eeeewwwww....a cayenne isn't a porsche!!! it's a...a...a...i dunno...but it ain't a real porsche!!!

Forest
24th April 2007, 02:17
I'm over in Melbourne today.

It looks like there's a bunch of Ferraris sitting in the warehouse today. Is it worth taking a pic?

I took some photos on my camera phone, so the quality is pretty bad.

Apparently this is a privateer racing team and the cars belong to the head of the company. I'm not really into cages, but was glad to see there was a classic MV Augusta and a Norton down there as well.

The racing team comprises a pair of F40 race spec machines, a pair of Maranallo race spec machines. There's also an original Ford GT40 and a Testarossa, along with some other stuff. I don't know what the silver cage is, but I'm told it recently finished 2nd in its class at Le Mans.

If anyone wants some better photos, let me know and I'll take my camera with me tomorrow.

NZsarge
24th April 2007, 08:01
heres another pic of the cage.
:drool: :love:

CM2005
24th April 2007, 08:55
Thats as fast as a bike, and i bet way more fun!

:gob: HEATHEN WORDS! you can't lean a porsche!! gosh! i'd still rather a bike a boat a van and a house instead of the car.

The Pastor
24th April 2007, 12:04
:gob: HEATHEN WORDS! you can't lean a porsche!! gosh! i'd still rather a bike a boat a van and a house instead of the car.

no way man, this car will pwn everything on the roads :love: If I could afford this car I'd own it in a heartbeat.

0arbreaka
27th April 2007, 19:52
Im not a porsche person at all but I do like the Carrera GT, it has some sort of "just another supercar" appeal to it.