PDA

View Full Version : 150 cc Bikes sure can mambo!

Redstar
30th August 2004, 21:40
Twice now I have had 150 bikes showing me how to ride fast and stupid. I really dont mind letting them win the race, I fully understand that these littleuns can pump out 150klms/hr they are truly awesum bits of kit. but Guys please understand that I don't want to destroy your ego's by buying into this little league game I back down to preserve my life and hopefully allow you to relax to a more legal if fun pace.
You are our future and our reputation please take it easy and go tracking for fun its a bloody dangerous place out there.

Stay coolish

Two Smoker
30th August 2004, 21:45
Ive actually never passed someone (other than people im already riding with) on the road..... Personally i ride my own ride, dont go out to impress people, just to improve myself :niceone:

Good to see that someone has learnt to respect the little 150's :niceone:

FROSTY
30th August 2004, 21:54
dang it those lil 150's are as good as the 250s of not too many years ago.

Zed
30th August 2004, 21:56
Twice now I have had 150 bikes showing me how to ride fast and stupid. I really dont mind letting them win the race...
What race? Sounds like you're encouraging them Red? :scooter:

Redstar
30th August 2004, 22:10
good on ya mate :cool2:
It will be nice to have you around for a while, I fancy your bike as a fun bike and if I had some spare cash I'd get one.
I saw two secondhand at Holeshots and they looked tired even though late models so I thought bet they are low k's what with that little mill doing 12,000 rpm to scream out 120klm/hr average but was stunned that one had clocked 64,000Ks and was still standing. I saw another with bashed fairings at S&R I spoke to the salesman and he said it was a wrecker ( a while ago) but I said its only fairing damage. but he said that cost more to fix that the new bike costs! darn parts must be cheap as chips you can but a runner straight for $1000 bucks and patch it. I heard they have a prod racing class for these babies what fun that could be? Yep If I have some spare dosh I'll buy a wrecker and tart it up for tracking.
A old mate bought one recently for his Son the boy must have persuaded Dad that it's only a 150 Dad I could have bought a more powerful TU250 YEAH right the boy knew exactly what was going on me to but I said nothing to Dad ( not my business) anyway I called dad of son "Hows son going on the Bike?" Good he said. But I tried it as I had a licence for the 70's and fell off it!

These bike don't just get my respect they are bloody good bikes.
:niceone:

Redstar
30th August 2004, 22:18
What race? Sounds like you're encouraging them Red? :scooter:
Read what you like into my writings but no I am not Zed! but we know how there are 100 ways to read the same thing and 100 ways to preceive its intended meaning "An eye for an eye. turn the other cheek" now thats confusing!. I back off even though its fun.

Zed
30th August 2004, 22:27
Read what you like into my writings but no I am not Zed! but we know how there are 100 ways to read the same thing and 100 ways to preceive its intended meaning "An eye for an eye. turn the other cheek" now thats confusing!. I back off even though its fun.
So what race were you talking about then Red? :eek5:

Ps. Not sure why you had to take the Bible angle in your reply? No matter.

Redstar
30th August 2004, 22:29
The Human Race

Zed
30th August 2004, 22:44
The Human Race
I never would have guessed...here you mention a race in a thread about motorcycles going fast and I idiotically assume that you were racing them?

Redstar
30th August 2004, 23:03
I never would have guessed...here you mention a race in a thread about motorcycles going fast and I idiotically assume that you were racing them?
Zed I have time for you and don't want to cross you path brother.
I am honestly concerned for the L platers your no Idiot and don't assume we think so.

Zed
31st August 2004, 10:13
Zed I have time for you and don't want to cross you path brother.
I am honestly concerned for the L platers your no Idiot and don't assume we think so.
Maybe you and I should go for a ride sometime then?

Two Smoker
31st August 2004, 21:17
Maybe you and I should go for a ride sometime then? do you want me too lead :msn-wink:

Zed
2nd September 2004, 23:00
Twice now I have had 150 bikes showing me how to ride fast and stupid...
Well I can fully appreciate what you are saying here after an incident on the Southern M'Way tonight on my way home from work. This lil' late model 150cc zipped passed me lane-splitting in heavy rush hour traffic going about 80kms as though there were no other vehicles on the road. At first I thought he was baiting me then I realised he was just a nutter in a rush! He continued his rampage for some distance and then he passed a marked HP car who immediately flashed his lights and took off after him...I'm not sure whether he caught him but the bike certainly didn't slow down, I think he did a runner?

Sorry for revving you up a bit on this thread the other day Redstar. :cool:

カワサキキド
4th September 2004, 00:59
Got my little KR150 up to it's to speed tonight...160km

Racey Rider
4th September 2004, 08:39
Got my little KR150 up to it's to speed tonight...160km

They should do 180Km/h

Keep trying falla. :ride:

カワサキキド
4th September 2004, 19:23
I was at red line in sixth gear...and the tyres..they are H rated but...

Two Smoker
4th September 2004, 19:26
I was at red line in sixth gear...and the tyres..they are H rated but...
ah so you have the KR150, Racey is talking about the KR-R150 which will top out at 180kmh, just like comparing the RGV150 with the RG150

カワサキキド
5th September 2004, 02:10
That expains it....

What's the top speed of the suzuki's and yama's?

Two Smoker
5th September 2004, 19:39
Ive had mine upto 180kmh on the current tyre, and 195kmh with the old 110/90