PDA

View Full Version : Trials demo in Wellington (29 April)

matthewt
23rd April 2007, 11:42
A demo of top class trials riding is on this Sunday in Wellington.

It's a fundraiser to help sent Jake Whitaker to Europe to compete so it'd be great if we can get as many of us there as possible.

A good chance to see this sport up close.

go to www.jakenz.com for more info.

matthewt
27th April 2007, 09:21
I hope some of you can make it to this demo to support one of our rising talents.

Matt
29th April 2007, 07:32
Planning to go to this (saw the billboard on SH2!), is it still on with the crappy weather, or moved to Sunday 6 May 2007?

Matt

James Deuce
29th April 2007, 09:04
There was a big write up in the Hutt News last week on a 15 year old who is home schooled and spends the most of the day doing trials training. Really hoping this kid goes far as it may lift the sport's profile.

matthewt
29th April 2007, 20:47
It was postponed due to the weather. while it wasn't so bad on Sunday the course was still very wet so way to dangerous to hold the event.

I've known Jake and his parents for some time now.

He's amazing. If you go to jakenz.com there are a couple of videos you can download (just added Saturday).

I was at the fund raiser dinner Saturday and it was a great night.

Hopefully the weather is better next weekend.

Matt
30th April 2007, 10:30
Yeah saw it had been postponed, will try and come along this weekend - looks like a promising rider, especially in NZ where Trials is so low-key (as oppose to Silsden in the UK where I come from, used to bump in Dougie Lampkin quite often at local trials!!).

Matt

matthewt
30th April 2007, 21:32
Yeah, I hope he does well. He's a nice kid and very focused for his age.