PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ladies, Bucket racing? Mt Wgtn Kart Track.

granma2
23rd April 2007, 16:55
Are any ladies or girls over 13 interested in having a go at bucket racing.
You dont have to be a good rider, just the curiosity to have a try.

We will close off the track to all other riders (that's how I started) and give you a try, at your own pace.

We will loan you a bike (mine) and trust me it aint a fast bike, but very easy to ride.
Do not be afraid that you may fall off and damaged the bike.Plenty have tried. It didnt cost thoundands of $, so fixing it will be a breeze. Thats what my partner and nephew are for anyway.

Safety gear you will have to provide yourself. You will need; Full face helmet,
Leathers or Cordura, (leathers will have to be worn if you want to race all the time.), gloves and boots that cover the ankle.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
PS I have just finished a 50 lap endurance race this last weekend and it was a load of fun.

Trudes
23rd April 2007, 19:21
Oh how cool!!! Wish I lived up that way, I'd so be in!!!
What a great offer gals, get into it!! Well done Granma for offering the girls a go on your bike!:rockon:

CM2005
23rd April 2007, 19:26
hah, yeah, you FINISHED!! gutted my little sis it too little! I'm buying her a Minimoto for an intro into racing.

SHELRACING
23rd April 2007, 21:59
Yeah and I'm rapt.

My ambition for the race was too finish. I knew the bike would handle it but
was'nt sure me old body would.
The 50 laps didnt seem to take as long as I thought.
Although the legs were a bit sore after, they are good today.

Pity you fell off aye. :innocent: LOL

I got a good pic of the start grid.

CM2005
23rd April 2007, 22:03
yeah i was in 4th too! meh, next month!! bring on the sprint racing :rockon:

CM2005
23rd April 2007, 22:05
have you got any other pics?

MyGSXF
23rd April 2007, 22:08
Oh how cool!!! Wish I lived up that way, I'd so be in!!!
What a great offer gals, get into it!! Well done Granma for offering the girls a go on your bike!:rockon:

Yep... :yes: I'm with Mrs KD on that one!!! :Punk: Bugger I'm on the other patch of dirt.. :bye:

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scooter:

Jen :rockon:

McJim
23rd April 2007, 22:10
I'd like to volunteer my missus to 'ave a go. I've been round the Mt Wellie Kart track on an XTX660 - couldn't get out of 2nd gear! Would be fun on a 125 2 smoker though.

When?

granma2
23rd April 2007, 23:09
No more pic's of you, but we do have the video of you at the start. We know what happened then aye. LOL

McJim,
12th/13th May.

Come down on the Saturday anytime after 8.30am till about 4pm.

The only thing that could ruin the day, will be rain. I wont ride in the rain.
I wouldn't recommend a beginner riding in the wet. Mt Wgtn is like glass, when it's wet.

I'm sure she will enjoy it, if we have a fine day.

Ps We had three ladies in the race.

CM2005
23rd April 2007, 23:13
oh bugger, yeah, but i made up my lost places!! got a 34:87 in catching everyone! i must learn how to hang off... ground clearance isnt my GP's strong point..

CM2005
23rd April 2007, 23:14
oh did ya see the wheelie before it stalled!?

Keystone19
23rd April 2007, 23:18
Hmm...I could be in for a bit of this! Sounds like fun!

Reckless
24th April 2007, 00:15
Mt Wgtn is like glass, when it's wet.

I've karted there quite a bit.
Try staying off the kart racing line. It is only one line a metre or so wide. You know "wide-late apex-wide". You should be able to cut across it. You will definatly feel it. The rubber left by the karts make it especially slippery. Will make your lines odd but there is grip there. Find the places where it suits you to race out there and use them as passing spots. When you have grip its good grip when you haven't you'll just be the same as everybody else. That is until they start copying you cause your faster.:scooter:

granma2
24th April 2007, 08:43
Thanks, that's some good information.
Will keep that in mind, and I may now be brave enough to ride in the wet.

granma2
24th April 2007, 08:49
oh did ya see the wheelie before it stalled!?

If I can zoom in on the video I might be able too. Someone behind you had to go up on the grass to avoid hitting you. LOL

Pity i went too wide on that one corner, because it was fun keeping you from passing..LOL

You do know that once you get too 34 sec per lap, you have to go up to A Grade aye...LOL.... C YA, no more B grade. :done:

CM2005
24th April 2007, 08:53
If I can zoom in on the video I might be able too. Someone behind you had to go up on the grass to avoid hitting you. LOL

Pity i went too wide on that one corner, because it was fun keeping you from passing..LOL

You do know that once you get too 34 sec per lap, you have to go up to A Grade aye...LOL.... C YA, no more B grade. :done:

:shit: i guess i'll have to ride slower from now on! can you hear my bike behind you? i can't really hear that good, with all those grumbly four strokes round!:done: if you lap at 34 and fall off it doesn't count!

CM2005
24th April 2007, 08:58
i'll run B Grade next month, and finish! if its raining i'll go A grade coz half of those dudes are on slicks!

bert_is_evil
24th April 2007, 09:00
omg that sounds so cool, I would take up your offer in a second if I lived up there!

granma2
24th April 2007, 17:13
CM2005.....Ah! now you cant cheat see, cause John is not silly.

If John does'nt see you, someone will nark on you! :yes: Wont be me tho!

What was your lap times in the superpole?
John made the cut off for GP at 35sec in the end, because
only 7 riders didn't qualify at 36 sec.
The lap times were very good.
No. 1 (Nigel), the winner of the GP, was doing 29sec laps. That man was soooooo quick.

CM2005
24th April 2007, 19:37
my superpole was a 35:27 or something close to that. thats was fun, i wheelied outta pitlane! my bike as standard simply couldn't do a 29 lap, even with rossi on it... okay, maybe then. yeah, I'm pleased i didn't do the 75 lapper, although i was quicker than robert willis in practice, maybe his bike was playing up?

SHELRACING
25th April 2007, 19:41
That's a good result because Robert is a good rider.
He came second at Taupo last xmas, on the same bike.

You have got no worries, you will get better and better, then you will want a faster bike.
Then you can take on Dave Manuel, Gary Cunninham and Karl Morgan.

I'm just happy to enter and finish a race.
The 'Banana' aint fast, it certainly isn't pretty, but it is reliable.

Ellen

CM2005
25th April 2007, 19:56
it looks comfy though! you short shift it too, maybe a cam would wake it up a bit? definitely a wicked entry level bucket when you come to replace it too. those CB125t's are the bizzo, bit i'd like to sticl with my 2 stroke... maybe a RG50 frame with a good front end would be goot for it... or just a good front end... i drag heaps, so i'm raising the pegs before i race next hopefully.