PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate winter glove

TerminalAddict
24th April 2007, 14:11
I'm in search for the ultimate winter glove.

here's a few things that "get me"
The current gloves I have don't fit under my jacket, and don't fit over my jacket, so I end up wearing my jacket and gloves "bunched up"

so I'm after a warm winter glove that I can wear with my jacket, preferably under my jacket sleeves

err .. leather jacket (quasimoto red racer thingee) btw

these look OK (http://www.quasimoto.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12&zenid=67743c3a3222d5cc22a519762bc713e3) but I would like a glove with a velcro gauntlet like the summer gloves to I can put them on nice and tight, and they should fit under my sleeves

thoughts? suggestions?
TA

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 14:18
I think a nice woolen interior with soft-as-a-babies-bum silk lining, plugged into electric warmer elements, some pink trimming and then all wrapped in a cordura bundle of HARDEN THE FUCK UP! (for further information, please refer to the instruction manual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6pZQX22CQ)

Happy winter riding!

TerminalAddict
24th April 2007, 14:26
spot on bevan ;)

now anybody got any proper suggestions <_<

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 14:36
As some level of redemption, here's a serious (?) answer: I use the spools gauntlet style with hard protection on the knuckles n shite (help protect me when Im out walking). They're summer weight, but if its farking freezing I have some thermal inserts for them (pretty thin gloves that fit inside)

TerminalAddict
24th April 2007, 14:43
hmmm thermal inserts could be the bizzo

might trot off to a tramping shop this arvo

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 14:49
In comparison to another pair of $150 gauntlets? :yes: You probably will...but remember to take your gloves to see how the inners fit. My bike gloves are a looseish (very ish) fit so aid the usage.

Templar
24th April 2007, 14:54
I have some of these BMW ProWinter gloves.

Can't say I have tested them in extreme conditions but they felt the warmest of all the gloves I tried on (heaps) when I was out looking. They fit under my coat too and also have a drawstring bit inside the wrist part for extra tight seal.

The right feel for any weather.

• Colours: Black and black/grey.

• Material mixture of hydrophobic goat leather and highly effective Cordura® 30 with PU coating.

• Wind proof and water proof, as well as active pores with GORETEX® membrane.

• Kevlar® or reinforced doubled leather and memory foam at exposed parts.

• Highly insulating microloft padding on upper hand.

• Extremely pre-formed palm and thinner padding for optimum grip.

• Thick turnback end with cord pull.

• Fixed joints.

• Large textile reflecting area in Schoeller®.

vifferman
24th April 2007, 14:59
I found the UltimateWinterGlub last year, but instead foolishly bought the LessThanUltimateWinterGlove: the Spidi Raven(good gloves, but cuff's too short).

Are you ready?

OK.

It's the [drum roll...........]

Spidi Sport Comp H2Out. Comfortable, waterproof, thin palms (hate excessive padding in the palms, as I have heated grips anyway), excellent armour, and look kewl.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 15:05
hate excessive padding in the palms, as I have heated grips anyway

Chopper Reid needs to have a chat viffo :crazy:

(please refer to my first post on this thread for instruction manual)

Hitcher
24th April 2007, 15:48
Unfortunately people that design and manufacture motorcycle garments (including gloves) never wear the stuff. For example:

Gloves (as described above) that presume that their wearers never wear a jacket (I currently own a pair of these); or
Gloves that have some fernangeling draw-string tightener arrangement where the surplus draw-strings flap in the breeze and bang on one's arms, but can only be successfully tucked away by somebody who is not wearing gloves; or
"Waterproof" jackets, where the waterproof membrane excludes the jacket's pockets; or
Jackets that have some funny little pocket on the front that's too small for a cellphone, walkie-talkie or pack of 10 smokes, and which is not waterproof (as described above); or
Waterproof overtrousers that require one to remove one's boots in order to apply; or
Trouser manufacturers who presume that leg length is directly proportional to waist size (I've heard of being undertall for one's weight, but that's ridiculous); or
Jacket manufacturers who make cordura products that aren't waterproof; or
Helmet manufacturers who don't make extra large sizes or who limit their product range based on size; or

Kwaka14
24th April 2007, 15:52
Motoline do a good leather one that wicks away from the skin, fairly cheap at a couple of hundred and they fit under my jacket sleeves ok.....

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 16:18
Unfortunately people that design and manufacture motorcycle garments (including gloves) never wear the stuff. For example: ....bla bla bla....holy fuck this is going to take ages...LOOK OUT HE'S GUNNA BLOW!....

Shit man, your alias needs to start with B not H....someone shit in yer weetbix this morning?
<FONT SIZE="1">(although I full heartedly agree)</FONT>

TerminalAddict
24th April 2007, 16:24
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=97293054

these look they may have a gaunlet

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 16:31
Bulky as though....although if you tossed off with them they'd be thick enough to pretend they're someone else? :blip: