PDA

View Full Version : Not one to generalise but...

98tls
24th April 2007, 19:25
First day of 4 off today.......went for a ride over to ranfurly for lunch...great ride over the pigroot........on the way home i came across a V-rod.....never seen one on the road before so tucked in behind him.....through the sweepers the pace was good but when things got tighter started to slacken off.......at the end of a long down hill section i ducked inside him through a tight righthander......heaps of vision so completly safe........all good and i am sitting in palmerston when he rocks up beside me calls me a Fu#k@n maniac and roars off.........:angry: tosser.....i am no spring chicken and many times have witnessed the Harley attitude but being older and i thought wiser have generally ignored it.......WTF....is it with some of these guys......are those of us with lesser machines :innocent: supposed to follow you as you wallow,weave,brake change lines wallow weave and brake again around corners.......and generally i find its the harley riders complaining that the rest of us have an attitude..........amazing.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 19:29
whats wrong man, thats a compliment from a cruiser surely? :mellow:

NighthawkNZ
24th April 2007, 19:31
whats wrong man, thats a compliment from a cruiser surely? :mellow:

hah bling... lol

98tls
24th April 2007, 19:42
whats wrong man, thats a compliment from a cruiser surely? :mellow: I see your point but like i said the guy was cracking along at a fair pace on this thing and i at one stage thought good stuff this guy can ride.......he had my respect anyway until the bullshit in palmerston.......he could at least have stuck around to let me give him a mouthful back eh........the point of the thread was i get sick of harley riders whineing about the rest of us having an attitude and then having a hissey fit when you do something as simple as go past em................

FROSTY
24th April 2007, 19:44
started to slacken off.......at the end of a long down hill section i ducked inside him through a tight righthander......heaps of vision so completly safe.
Dude I gotta say if someone ducked inside me on a tight corner I'd probabbly be a bit pissed off too :
It might have seemed safe to you but from his propective--he might have been heading for just that line

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 19:46
If I understand correctly and you 'undertook' him it sounds like you got off lightly.
For that is the work of true fuckwits.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 19:49
Are you sure he didnt mean "fucking maniac" because you stopped in Palmerston North? :crazy:

James Deuce
24th April 2007, 19:55
Are you sure he didnt mean "fucking maniac" because you stopped in Palmerston North? :crazy:

That's going to hurt.

You're about to find out where Mainland Cheese REALLY comes from.

98tls
24th April 2007, 19:56
If I understand correctly and you 'undertook' him it sounds like you got off lightly.
For that is the work of true fuckwits. No i dont think you understand me correctly at all.........he braked way before i would have and proceeded to navigate the corner staying on the left....leaving me the whole right hand side of the road to go inside him...with plenty of vision of on coming traffic.........whats the problem....?

98tls
24th April 2007, 19:58
Are you sure he didnt mean "fucking maniac" because you stopped in Palmerston North? :crazy: Where the fuck is palmerston north..........?

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 20:00
........whats the problem....?

It's rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful - and dangerous.

It scares the shit out of people because you can trust good riders not to do it.

The first thing i do when hear a bike overtaking is drift over to the left. FARK!!!

NighthawkNZ
24th April 2007, 20:00
Where the fuck is palmerston north..........?

Somewhere north of palmerston I suppose :scratch:

Waylander
24th April 2007, 20:03
Mate you think you get attitude just for passsing them on a sportsbike?

Try it on a jap cruiser.

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:05
It's rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful - and dangerous.

It scares the shit out of people because you can trust on non-fuckwits not to do it. Your absolutely right sir.........i will go buy a GN to ensure it never happens again.......:zzzz:

CM2005
24th April 2007, 20:07
haha, but don't those V-Rods sound noice? yeahp he sounds like a dick alright, but i agree with the other dudes, undertaking can seem dangerous to others when you think its safe.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:08
Somewhere north of palmerston I suppose :scratch:

Is there another one? And where is mainland?

James Deuce
24th April 2007, 20:13
"The Mainland" is the colloquial appellation for the South Island, in NZ English as it is spoken.

Palmerston is in the South Island, Palmerston North is in the North Island.

Mainland Cheese is made by crushing Jafas who don't know their geography and then wringing out their remains to separate the cheesey bits. Thankfully the cheese is strong and plentiful in Jafas.

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 20:13
Your absolutely right sir.........i will go buy a GN to ensure it never happens again.......:zzzz:

Good. My work here is done.

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:14
haha, but don't those V-Rods sound noice? yeahp he sounds like a dick alright, but i agree with the other dudes, undertaking can seem dangerous to others when you think its safe. yea it did sound nice..........it took such little time to pass him that there was no way he could have moved even an object that large across into the other lane...............

NighthawkNZ
24th April 2007, 20:15
Is there another one? And where is mainland?

errr serious???

Palmerston, hallf way between Dunedin and Oamaru
Palmerston North... errr up north somewhere in that other island :dodge:

Waylander
24th April 2007, 20:16
What's this talk about undertaking? He passed on the right in a right hand corner.

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:16
Good. My work here is done. Thank god for that..........signed Grasshopper.

cowboyz
24th April 2007, 20:17
I almost understand but then I live in ashhurst (not far from PALMERSTON NORTH)

By "going on the inside of him" do you mean you passed him on the right on a right hand bend. If so I dont see the trouble with it and would just go tosser and carry on.

If by "going on the inside" means you passed on the left on a left hander you need to look at how you ride on the road.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:19
errr serious???

Mate...NOOOOO! not serious! (I'm a Jafa double agent) :shifty: But it was worth it to bait J2's response

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 20:20
Thank god for that..........signed Grasshopper.

It's Gwasshopper!

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:21
"The Mainland" is the colloquial appellation for the South Island, in NZ English as it is spoken.

Palmerston is in the South Island, Palmerston North is in the North Island.

Mainland Cheese is made by crushing Jafas who don't know their geography and then wringing out their remains to separate the cheesey bits. Thankfully the cheese is strong and plentiful in Jafas.

If its cheese you want, I shall stop bathing now...:sick:

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:21
I almost understand but then I live in ashhurst (not far from PALMERSTON NORTH)

By "going on the inside of him" do you mean you passed him on the right on a right hand bend. If so I dont see the trouble with it and would just go tosser and carry on.

X8LY............

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:24
It's Gwasshopper! Swoory...........

James Deuce
24th April 2007, 20:24
If its cheese you want, I shall stop bathing now...:sick:

Excellent. We'll put you down for a batch of Tasty cheese.

Most Aucklanders end up as Mild. Damn them and their metrosexual hygiene regimes.

Colapop
24th April 2007, 20:27
I dunno... I can see how he might get pissed off if he felt unsafe in the way that you over/under took him... It never hurts to ensure that others feel as safe on the road as what you do...

On the other hand.. if there was plenty of clear visible road and the procedure was completed without any incident.. then what's the problem....?

CM2005
24th April 2007, 20:28

Most Aucklanders end up as Mild. Damn them and their metrosexual hygiene regimes.

bling awarded... so how do u get blue cheese? english tourists before they get into the sun?:shutup:

NighthawkNZ
24th April 2007, 20:29
at the end of a long down hill section i ducked inside him through a tight righthander......heaps of vision so completly safe........

No i dont think you understand me correctly at all.........he braked way before i would have and proceeded to navigate the corner staying on the left....leaving me the whole right hand side of the road to go inside him...with plenty of vision of on coming traffic.........whats the problem....?

On a right hand corner passing on the right side is ducking on the inside of the corner and i have no problem with this (to a point, if safe and all that blah blah blah rant rave... etc etc etc)

Doing the opposite on a left hand corner, and passing on the left is also passing on the inside of the corner and shouldn't be done on the open road, (only on the track, which I don't mind as you are expecting it, but not on the open road)

To me it seems like the he was a bit of a tosser, and pissed that you could out brake and out corner, and out power him

Waylander
24th April 2007, 20:31
I think the guy is just upset that he's spent so much on a bike that wasn't as good as advertised.

Probably wondering where the hot bikini clad woman is and why she didn't come with the bike.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:33

I've found if I quadruple my mocochocaramabigoneupyerlatte intake I can give it some bite...and by the time I've flown it down there...and then it makes the donkey and cart trip for a few months to the mountains...it should have plenty of body

TLS, sounds an ok maneuver to me mate...dont take cruiser speak personally, rather than fucking maniac he probably said "meet me out back" but his beard and scarf probably muffled the words

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 20:33
. then what's the problem....?

It's unexpected. Frightening.
It's not ettiquette. Pisses on the 'comerarderie'
It's dangerous. Some riders drift to the left on hearing a bike.
It's a diss. No other way any experienced rider sees it.

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:37
I've found if I quadruple my mocochocaramabigoneupyerlatte intake I can give it some bite...and by the time I've flown it down there...and then it makes the donkey and cart trip for a few months to the mountains...it should have plenty of body

TLS, sounds an ok maneuver to me mate...dont take cruiser speak personally, rather than fucking maniac he probably said "meet me out back" but his beard and scarf probably muffled the words If it was "meet me out back " i would have declined as he looked more gay than staunch...............

Whynot
24th April 2007, 20:38
errr serious???

wheres Dunedin ?
:innocent:

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:40
It's a diss. No other way any experienced rider sees it.

Depends on the context...I've had the same thing done to me on many occasion and was fine. From what TLS said, he was following for a while....but perhaps not the 5 hours required for the cruiser to check his mirrors and notice there was a bike behind him which gave him an unexpected and frightening moment

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:41
It's a diss. No other way any experienced rider sees it. A.......he rides a harley......scared of nothing......:innocent: B.....who cares....C.....it was a right hander so he could have drifted off into a paddock for all i cared....D...been riding for 29 years but still dont get what the problem is......

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:43
If it was "meet me out back " i would have declined as he looked more gay than staunch...............

....ummmm.....nice to know you have standards :sick:

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 20:49
been riding for 29 years but still dont get what the problem is......

OK - Many see it like this: It's is a diss. An act of disrespect.

Waylander
24th April 2007, 20:50
Depends on the context...I've had the same thing done to me on many occasion and was fine. From what TLS said, he was following for a while....but perhaps not the 5 hours required for the cruiser to check his mirrors and notice there was a bike behind him which gave him an unexpected and frightening moment
I check my mirrors fairly often when riding mate so stop placing all cruisers in with the ones in your experince.

SlashWylde
24th April 2007, 20:55
Mate you think you get attitude just for passsing them on a sportsbike?

Try it on a jap cruiser.

Bahahahaa!! Nice one dude :killingme :rofl:

98tls
24th April 2007, 20:55
OK - Many see it like this: It's is a diss. An act of disrespect. Dave.............by any chance are you a little bored this evening........?

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 20:57
Dave.............by any chance are you a little bored this evening........?

Fighting for the code, while cutting code.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 20:57
I check my mirrors fairly often when riding mate so stop placing all cruisers in with the ones in your experince.

Avoiding the whole typing while getting frantic thing, are you calling me a fucking maniac? You know if you're one of the stereotypes or not...if you're happy with yourself stop being so fragile...I'm talking about the ovr entitled knobber on the overpriced gay wagon in question who is incapable of maintaining awareness on the road

98tls
24th April 2007, 21:02
Fighting for the code, while cutting code. Fair call,coming Anzac day in all..........

James Deuce
24th April 2007, 21:05
Mod Note: Try not to let it descend into personal attacks folks.

Waylander
24th April 2007, 21:06
Avoiding the whole typing while getting frantic thing, are you calling me a fucking maniac? You know if you're one of the stereotypes or not...if you're happy with yourself stop being so fragile...I'm talking about the ovr entitled knobber on the overpriced gay wagon in question who is incapable of maintaining awareness on the road
Then say the asshole instead of just the cruiser, as we can all agree that this guy on the harley was (and probably still is) an asshole.

And if I did call you a fucking maniac it would be in a damn I wish I could ride like that kind of way.

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 21:13
Mod Note: Try not to let it descend into personal attacks folks.

P*** off shorty.

sorry - I meant I'm comin to get chew seee.

FROSTY
24th April 2007, 21:14
Ok dude have a think here from his POV
I was out in the country enjoying a ride, Some bloke on another bike decided to follow me. He was riding along behind me following my lines I guess.
THEN I pulled to the left side of the road on the beginning of a tight right hander so I had a good view through it.Just as I started to tip in to the corner-this maniac came screaming in under me blocking my line and forcing me to run wide on the corner -scared the shitouta me .

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 21:16
Then say the asshole instead of just the cruiser, as we can all agree that this guy on the harley was (and probably still is) an asshole.

And if I did call you a fucking maniac it would be in a damn I wish I could ride like that kind of way.

I'm with you mate, I'm not a hogophobe and will from here on call the aforementioned cock sucker, arsehole as per request. Happy? Nice bike by the way, had a mate who was a vmax freak years ago.

This is a good example on would have got arsehole fuming though. Shit happens and you either let it go, or not and spew expletives at the purp at the nearest opportunity. That said, it would be a bit boring if the world was sans arsehole

98tls
24th April 2007, 21:16
Mod Note: Try not to let it descend into personal attacks folks. Good point jim..........am enjoying this thread on a wet pre Anzac day off work and having a few woodies.......when i started it i was just really fucked off with the guys attitude.......ive a really good mate with a harley..a new one...but he doesnt have the bullshit attitude that many seem to......my first reaction to his comment was anger that he left in a hurry.......if it was said in that tone in a pub then i and most would have head butted the dipshit and what followed would have followed.......but ive seen this sort of shit from guys on harleys so many times over the years that it tests the patience of even me.............to me anyway it was as simple as he didnt like being passed by a jappa...:gob: what the hell...if a guy on a harley or anything else passed me who cares.....................

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 21:20
to me anyway it was as simple as he didnt like being passed by a jappa.

Bet it was the manner - not the fact. Almost guarantee it.

If you buy a V-rod you don't care about getting passed to begin with.
You know you aren't buying a fast bike. Just a very nice one.

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 21:23

Dave, I take it you think TLS rides like a disrespectful and dangerous hoon?

Waylander
24th April 2007, 21:23
I'm with you mate, I'm not a hogophobe and will from here on call the aforementioned cock sucker, arsehole as per request. Happy? Nice bike by the way, had a mate who was a vmax freak years ago.

This is a good example on would have got arsehole fuming though. Shit happens and you either let it go, or not and spew expletives at the purp at the nearest opportunity. That said, it would be a bit boring if the world was sans arsehole
lol thanks.

And ye the world would be boring without assholes. If it weren't for them we would have to find someone else to mumble and groan about to each other.

Maybe scooter riders?

98tls
24th April 2007, 21:24
Ok dude have a think here from his POV
I was out in the country enjoying a ride, Some bloke on another bike decided to follow me. He was riding along behind me following my lines I guess.
THEN I pulled to the left side of the road on the beginning of a tight right hander so I had a good view through it.Just as I started to tip in to the corner-this maniac came screaming in under me blocking my line and forcing me to run wide on the corner -scared the shitouta me . Bit like flogging a dead horse but i in no way impeded any line that he could have been going to take..............if so i wouldnt have bothered being pissed off at his reaction......what the hell rant over and its out of my system...filled in an otherwise boring few hours.

Waylander
24th April 2007, 21:27

Ofcourse there are exceptions. Ran into a Vrod rider a few weeks ago that was ddament that his bike was the fastest cruiser out there. He didn't like it much when I left him behind.

98tls
24th April 2007, 21:28

You know you aren't buying a fast bike. Just a very nice one. Maybe eh..........next time i see one i will pull a stand up as i go past then stop up the road to gauge the reaction............

Colapop
24th April 2007, 21:30
You could ride past him stop take pictures ride past him again stop take another picture ride past him... etc... That'd really piss him off... or get you a date...

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 21:31
...Maybe scooter riders?

Holy shit, dont get me started on scooter riders!

Hey TLS, how do you feel about it now after you've had the tenth degree on your passing style. Mate, end of the day if someone isnt prepared to stand behind their comments then its just wind. If you're happy with the manuever then trust your instincts and move on. Nice story though and always fun hearing about grumpy cruisers....ah hmmm....I mean arseholes :shifty:

James Deuce
24th April 2007, 21:32
P*** off shorty.

sorry - I meant I'm comin to get chew seee.

Don't forget the big nose and enormous ears.

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 21:33
Don't forget the big nose and enormous ears.

What - I have to dress up?

James Deuce
24th April 2007, 21:34
At the very least.

speeding_ant
24th April 2007, 21:36

Hey I used to live there... :(

Waylander
24th April 2007, 21:36

Had one cut me off today. Fucker was texting too. Should have stolen his phone.

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 21:43
Dave, I take it you think TLS rides like a disrespectful and dangerous hoon?

Don't know. Never ridden with him. Doubt it.
What I do know is manouvre described I rate as bad form and always will.
For the reasons yada yada.

98tls
24th April 2007, 21:46

Hey TLS, how do you feel about it now after you've had the tenth degree on your passing style. Mate, end of the day if someone isnt prepared to stand behind their comments then its just wind. If you're happy with the manuever then trust your instincts and move on. Nice story though and always fun hearing about grumpy cruisers....ah hmmm....I mean arseholes :shifty: Ha HA.........yea mate......jesus its been a bit of a giggle reading the passing comments.......after riding for 29 years and owning 22 motorcycles i am completly at ease with the way i ride and will admit to at times.....although this wasnt one of them.....pushing the limits but twisty roads and riding them is why i have a love of motorcycles and the rush that goes with it...even still at my age........i enjoyed my ride and i think even more so the discussion that followed it on here.........what is always apparent to me is that those of us that profess to be the heart and soul of motorcycling continue to act in a manner i would generally associate with that of a spoilt brat and need to be goaded appropiately.................:Punk:

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 21:47
Hey I used to live there... :(

I went to school there :shit:

Had one cut me off today. Fucker was texting too. Should have stolen his phone.

Fucking maniac!

Edbear
24th April 2007, 21:48
(only on the track, which I don't mind as you are expecting it, but not on the open road)

MMmmm! You expect to be passed on the track...????:innocent:

NighthawkNZ
24th April 2007, 21:50
MMmmm! You expect to be passed on the track...????:innocent:

expect the unexpected

Babelfish
24th April 2007, 21:53
...what is always apparent to me is that those of us that profess to be the heart and soul of motorcycling continue to act in a manner i would generally associate with that of a spoilt brat and need to be goaded appropiately

Oooooooh yes....thats gold right there :yes:

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 22:02
Oooooooh yes....thats gold right there :yes:

I profess nothing.
It's all on the resume.

98tls
24th April 2007, 22:04
I profess nothing.
It's all on the resume. :second: id expect nothing else...........

Biff
24th April 2007, 22:16
Fairysnuff if you were both on a ride together, and had your 'thang' going on. But pulling this kinda move on a rider you don't know, as he's lining up for a corner, and make a pass on the inside him into the bendy bit - I've slapped 2 different people for that in the past.

Besides - you should know that since he was riding a cruiser he was going to go around the corner like an epileptic seal riding a skateboard....drunk.

98tls
24th April 2007, 22:23
Fairysnuff if you were both on a ride together, and had your 'thang' going on. But pulling this kinda move on a rider you don't know, as he's lining up for a corner, and make a pass on the inside him into the bendy bit - I've slapped 2 different people for that in the past.

Besides - you should know that since he was riding a cruiser he was going to go around the corner like an epileptic seal riding a skateboard....drunk. Never met him before......dont want to really..........wasnt a move at all.......went passed him in a lane he wasnt useing.......and unless he could complete a 90 degree turn in the blink of an eye then there was no way he was going to be in said lane.........fucken hell is this a motorcycle forum or a gathering of retired bulldozer drivers...........

Waylander
24th April 2007, 22:28
Besides - you should know that since he was riding a cruiser he was going to go around the corner like an epileptic seal riding a skateboard....drunk.

Didn't we just have this discussion?

Colapop
24th April 2007, 22:29
Caterpulla D12.... I'm dozey...

doc
24th April 2007, 22:30
You probably pissed him off cos the TL's sound pretty cool with a good set of cans. Plus the V-Rod is the fastest harley and doesn't sound like a harley.

Biff
24th April 2007, 22:32
So I guess, from your response, that you were a fair distance from the corner. Coolio. Sorry.

Unless you really were riding like a dick? But only you and the cruiser rider knows the answer to that. And it sounds like at least one of you two believes you were.

:yes:

Didn't we just have this discussion?

Yup. And didn't you agree to stop drinking JD while riding skateboards ?

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 22:33
Plus the V-Rod is the fastest harley and doesn't sound like a harley.

'Street' rod is the fastest stock Harley I've ridden. Quite impressive too.

doc
24th April 2007, 22:42
'Street' rod is the fastest stock Harley I've ridden. Quite impressive too.
Well if you want to split hairs. Not much different in the engine .Thought it was more in the geometry. Still a V-rod.

Big Dave
24th April 2007, 22:47
Well if you want to split hairs. Not much different in the engine .Thought it was more in the geometry. Still a V-rod.

True, but
USD Forks, Brembo brakes, good cornering clearance (like really good, V-rod isn't that flash), upright ergos, few extra horsepower lower down torque from the tune, bigger fuel cell, sports wheels.

speeding_ant
24th April 2007, 23:49
I went to school there :shit:

There are schools in Palmerston North? :spudwhat:

KLOWN
25th April 2007, 00:24
There are schools in Palmerston North? :spudwhat:

yup, they teach how to have a baby before you twenty. They really are just a place for girls to meet boys and vica versa.

skidMark
25th April 2007, 01:30
bling awarded... so how do u get blue cheese? english tourists before they get into the sun?:shutup:

aucklanders that died and wern't found for a while...

skidMark
25th April 2007, 01:32
yup, they teach how to have a baby before you twenty. They really are just a place for girls to meet boys and vica versa.

hello...is this the bus company....ah yes whens your next bus to palmerston..........there's more than one? um, which ones closer, i'm poor..............8 weeks from now ......why the hell is it that far away.....

well we have to fill the bus.

White trash
25th April 2007, 08:17
I think the guy is just upset that he's spent so much on a bike that wasn't as good as advertised.

Probably wondering where the hot bikini clad woman is and why she didn't come with the bike.
Ummmm, sez the man with a V-Max? C'mon Jakey, you know you wanna Rod. I see they're doing them in all sorts of colours now for the questionable sexuality.

Motig
25th April 2007, 10:55
Well, an interesting discussion. Personally if on the open road I wouldn't normally expect to be passed on a corner if it was a single lane, too much room for error = crash if you dont know the other riders capabilities or what his reactions will be = hospital.

cruising
25th April 2007, 12:23
i ducked inside him through a tight righthander......

Never overtake on a corner, plain and simple. No room for error. Great for tracks, not for open road.

One in a million chance you might hit an oil slick or loose pebble and take both riders out. His anger is perfectly understandable. Unlike the track, on the road, getting to your destination is a hell lot more important than getting there faster.

Hitcher
25th April 2007, 17:00
Are you sure he didnt mean "fucking maniac" because you stopped in Palmerston North?

Oh you poor geographically-challenged nong. Ever been south of Papatoetoe?

NighthawkNZ
25th April 2007, 17:20

is that anywhere near taupo? :scratch:

Babelfish
25th April 2007, 17:21

Nong..:mellow: ..right....papawhat? I've been to Onehunga...is there something south of there?