PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Fundraiser Anzac Day Rally?

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 00:02
I swear I read in the newspaper at work tonight that there was something where anyone with a motorcycle shows up and goes in a parade rally thing.

Anyone got any details? I tried google to no sucess.

_intense_
25th April 2007, 01:28
call around the bike shops maybee?

cynna
25th April 2007, 04:01
that will be the ulysesse (or however its spelt) fundraising ride. its going to cust but im not sure where it leaves from or when......... read the press m/c classifed section - it had the details in there

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 08:20
Yeah ulysses one. I don't have the paper here.. I was reading it at work during my dinner break.

R1madness
25th April 2007, 08:27
It leaves from the Road behind South City Mall at 1pm. Meet from 12.15 onwards. Goes to cust.

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 08:41
I found this now:

Ulysses Charity Ride Fundraiser

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under Section 342 of the Local Government Act 1974 that Henry Street Blenheim, between the intersections of High Street and Alfred Street, will be closed to all vehicles between the hours of 12.00 noon and 5.00 pm on Sunday 22 April 2007 for the purpose of the Ulysses Charity Ride Fundraiser.

It will be an offence under the above regulations for any person other than under the authority of an authorised permit to use the road for ordinary vehicular traffic during the period of closure.

A Sowman
Mayor

Any enquiries should be addressed to Keith Turner, Marlborough Roads, Ph 577 1850.

If its in Malborough, screw that. I'm not driving that far just to drive a short distance in a parade.

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 08:42
It leaves from the Road behind South City Mall at 1pm. Meet from 12.15 onwards. Goes to cust.

Wheres Cust? I've never heard of that before.

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 08:46
Ah, I found this

http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/event.php?id=5298

Ghost_Bullet
25th April 2007, 10:10
Ah, I found this

http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/event.php?id=5298

Thats the one, I'll be there:yes:

laRIKin
25th April 2007, 11:07
SDU and her brother Baby Bandit (on his new bike and may need a name change now) and I will be there as well.
Greenmeanie may turn up as well, well he is thinking about it as he is busy.

And Cust is North from CH.CH near Oxford and Rangiora at the top of Tram Rd.

We are doing a ride around the Gorge and are popping in to Leithfield to see SDU and B.B brother.
You could wait for us at the Pub if you want and do not want to do the family thing with us as we will not be long.

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 11:23
Anyone else with a 250 going? Jerms doesn't want to do any drives that require over 70k until he's got the license to do so, so I haven't texted him to bring along his pimped magna.

laRIKin
25th April 2007, 12:00
It's a fundraiser so there will be all sorts of bikes a people and there will be no speeding.

Only once we get out of town will we even look like doing over 70 and would probably never go over 100.

There will more than likely be a Leader and a Tail-end Charlie so no one will be left behind.

Come a long and ride in the pack as I'm sure no one will mind or care if your friend speeds a little anyway.

And there is some times Classic bike and they don't go like a rocket ship.
And there could be scooters of all sizes.

If the worst comes to the worst I'll stay back and ride with him there as it is a good cause.

Ghost_Bullet
25th April 2007, 16:39
First of these events for me. Perfect weather for it and all.
Mrs Bullet and the little ones (shrapnel) enjoyed seein all the machines, and munching down on the kiwi fav sausage.

I hear the next charity event is the chomally thing'y in a couple of weeks... I think last year I was put off this one as well due to weather. I anticipate getting to this one...though depends... Mrs' is away Friday night, and may not be home in time the following day... we shall see

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 19:06
I didnt' end up going as this thread was moved and didn't see it again until tonight. I probably wouldnt have gone anyway. Ended up running chores and baking cinnamon and bannana muffins

And Jerms wants to stick to 70 and under, so the issue wasn't speeding :P

laRIKin
25th April 2007, 19:12
Well I would like also say a great day for a great cause.

There best turn out for many a year (385+), well done to all those that turned up.:2thumbsup

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 21:35
Good pics

(and I have to write more words because it won't let me post my reply without X amount of words)

Oakie
25th April 2007, 21:46
Missed out this time. Next year....

Skyryder
25th April 2007, 22:07
Good sort of run..............and I won a prize in the rafflle.

Skyryder

cynna
25th April 2007, 22:45
i couldnt get a baby sitter so we just went to have a look at the start of the run

Ghost_Bullet
25th April 2007, 22:54
i couldnt get a baby sitter so we just went to have a look at the start of the run

Didnt see the wheel chair riders up at Cust :no: (I'm still impressed by the number of bikes)

Its a real feel good thing to give a little back. We have used the ambo a few times now, and those people are the essense of brillience and security.
Also like the air ambulance, starship, and Maca's house (spent a month at the S-Ship just over a year ago). Often it is not until you get to use or see behind the scenes......