PDA

View Full Version : GnR

jetboy
26th April 2007, 13:14
Guns 'n Roses are coming. Who's going to the concert?

The Pastor
26th April 2007, 13:48
I am, sam I am.

RC1
26th April 2007, 13:50
seen them twice before , not paying big bucks to see only 1 original band member(axle) support bands will probably be better imho

Flatcap
26th April 2007, 13:50
Guns 'n Roses are coming. Who's going to the concert?

No they are not, only Axel Rose is.

Maha
26th April 2007, 13:56

Thank you for clearing that up...three of the original line are doing other shit, at least Axel is there....would be a shit concert without his voice, any muso can slot in where the holes are. Wouldnt mind seeing Seb Bach either, quit enjoy Skid Row so having part of the group here is better than not at all..:Punk:

Yeah might go i think!

jetboy
26th April 2007, 14:03
yeah fair enough - but still...the music is good and as maha man said it would be shit without Axl's voice.

The_Dover
26th April 2007, 14:03
Thank you for clearing that up...three of the original line are doing other shit, at least Axel is there....would be a shit concert without his voice, any muso can slot in where the holes are. Wouldnt mind seeing Seb Bach either, quit enjoy Skid Row so having part of the group here is better than not at all..:Punk:

Yeah might go i think!

what a fuckin crock of shit.

G'N'R are nothing without Slash and it's insulting that they are being marketed in that way when they are a bunch of hired hands playing someone elses music.

You'd be better off spending your money on piss and going to see a fuckin covers or tribute band.

Chisanga
26th April 2007, 14:07
I heard at a recent concert which I believe was in Europe somewhere, Axel was up to his old tricks and kept the crowd waiting for almost 3 hours. Came onto boos and half the crowd left. Maybe that shit worked in the 90's but people don't want that crap now.

I saw them and Skid Row at Mt Smart (was a bout 5 metres from the stage) and it was pretty damn good. Don't want to pollute that memory

Maha
26th April 2007, 14:14

G'N'R are nothing without Slash and it's insulting that they are being marketed in that way when they are a bunch of hired hands playing someone elses music.

You'd be better off spending your money on piss and going to see a fuckin covers or tribute band.

No mistaking the GnR sound....saw 17 yr old 10 years ago playing the 'Sweet Child' opening Riff....slash aint the be all and end all of guitar players...any 'hired hand' do what he did....all they will need is a top hat and smoke hanging out their mouth....job done
I know what you are saying tho'....But as Gene Simmons once said..'' if sounds like KISS, then it is KISS''....

The_Dover
26th April 2007, 14:19
that's a crock of fucking shit.

I can play damn near 75% of the G'N'R catalogue on my Gibson Les Paul thru my Marshall Half Stack (which I sold when I moved to NZ) but I'd be fucked if it sounds like Slash.

There's more to it than bashing out the notes and if you just want to hear the sounds then listen to the records.

Live shows are about improvisation and chemistry. If you think a bunch of monkeys on a fat ginger has been's payroll are gonna sound anything like Guns'N'Roses then you should go and puncture your ear drums with Mom's knitting needles right now.

Pumba
26th April 2007, 14:23

G'N'R are nothing without Slash and it's insulting that they are being marketed in that way.

Couldent say it any better myself.

And remember that it is the chinese democracy (sp?) world tour so I recon they will be sweet bugger all of the original Gunners classics, just new shit that axle has writen in the last few years.

MisterD
26th April 2007, 14:27

Wot he said...

The Pastor
26th April 2007, 14:48
dizzy is also coming. And the rest are pretty good.

The_Dover
26th April 2007, 14:50
you mean the fat smack-head that sometimes played keyboards?

wow, he'll complete the experience.

Qkchk
26th April 2007, 15:34
2007 seems to be the year of the comebacks. The Police, GNR, Spice Girls and a couple of other high-profile (cant remember who else) groups are trying to making a bit of dosh in their retirement years.

Kind of wonder if all the hype is worth it - Look at the Chilli's, alot of hype and bitching cause you couldn't get a ticket and in the end alot of people thought their concert was mediocre. I went and saw Eric Clapton down in Hastings earlier this year, same thing - all hype and expectancy and in the end disappointment......(well at least we had the capacity for EC not like Vector)

jetboy
26th April 2007, 16:07
I'm goin for the music really. Yeah Axl is the only original member but, being a young whippersnapper unlike some of you, I havent yet been to a GnR concert yet so really there is no expectation from me. I just wanna hear some rock man :rockon:

ajturbo
26th April 2007, 16:35
i hope to take luke along to it...

i recon it will be fun...
and if it is shit... at least i will be taking Buellbabe for tea on the saturday....:Punk:

Big Dan
27th April 2007, 06:56
Not sure if you are aware but listening to the rock yesterday GA tickets are been sold at $150 where as the sitting in temp seating is from $99 i'd only pay top dollar like this for a band i was sure to give a great show ie: U2 25 years not 1 band memeber has left or joined the band shows staying power and GnR how long have we waited for this new album i lost track dont get me wrong i love there music as a mate told me the other day November Rain without slashs solo get off the grass guys i've even heard rumours that the GnR tour of NZ and AUS could be cancelled my advice before you start shelling out big bucks which you could save for gas for the bike or contribute towards new tyres make sure everything is confirmed first

The Pastor
27th April 2007, 10:26
tickets go on sale today :D I wonder if it will sell out?

Big Dan
27th April 2007, 12:50
only when my bike doesnt work (all the time :angry: ).

Tickets are on sale for people with some password, I think its for like radio stations and media etc.

could be pre-sales but there is no point as i said the concert has been cancelled indefinetly don't you guys and gals read or listen to the news

Krusti
27th April 2007, 13:00
When I read the title about a GnR, I was looking forward to seeing the specs on a racing GN! :yes:

Big Dan
27th April 2007, 13:37
i retrack what i said about it been cancelled sorry all

avgas
27th April 2007, 13:56
Chinese Dem.........
^^this line has been terminated as it contains imaginary things^^

jetboy
27th April 2007, 14:53
well i just bought my tickets (presale :)) and am standing right at the front!!!

The Pastor
27th April 2007, 15:19
well i just bought my tickets (presale :)) and am standing right at the front!!!

ahhh howd you get a presale ticket????

jetboy
27th April 2007, 16:23
ahhh howd you get a presale ticket????
Oh, I'm a member of Ticketmaster and they have an offer of presales from noon today until Sunday. Saves having to wait in line or muck around on the phones on Monday.

The Pastor
27th April 2007, 16:25
Oh, I'm a member of Ticketmaster and they have an offer of presales from noon today until Sunday. Saves having to wait in line or muck around on the phones on Monday.

Yeah I joined up but you need some password?

silverado
27th April 2007, 16:45
Yeah I joined up but you need some password?

Try DEMOCRACY. It's what i got sent and i have my tickets. Axl rocks...:Punk:

Virago
27th April 2007, 18:09
When I read the title about a GnR, I was looking forward to seeing the specs on a racing GN! :yes:

Na, that would be GnXR :Punk:

Whynot
1st May 2007, 03:02
first concert sold out .... second date announced

http://stuff.co.nz/4043345a1860.html

Still don't know whether i would go and see GnR in their current state, They "were" such a good band and i would hate to go and see a half-arsed concert.

cynna
1st May 2007, 03:38
just go see blood duster and meatyard the week befoere

ajturbo
1st May 2007, 06:42
got mine and luke's for the saturday one!:Punk:

James Deuce
1st May 2007, 06:47
Would've liked to have seen them 20 years ago when they were fuelled by drugs and chicks.

Not really GnR any more. Just a fat ginga with dreads and an attitude problem.

ajturbo
1st May 2007, 06:53
Would've liked to have seen them 20 years ago when they were fuelled by drugs and chicks.

i'm taking luke... think he will like the experance anyway... his first concert...

James Deuce
1st May 2007, 06:56
Wooo a Ginga bit!!

I am going to hell!

Light the barbie Satan.

Shadows
1st May 2007, 22:20

My sentiments exactly.
I wouldn't waste my money seeing them in concert now... possibly not then either... Axl isn't a very good live singer from what I have seen.
I like the studio stuff though.

Curious_AJ
1st May 2007, 23:20
i think $100 is a bit much for the tickets... but then i guess its one of those "once in a life time things"

im stil not going though, i cant afford to use up my money on concerts :(

The Pastor
2nd May 2007, 09:47
its 150 for GA, 100 is for seats.

Smorg
2nd May 2007, 12:36
I didnt realise it was only Axel coming I knew Slash wasnt so I was second guessing buying a ticket but now I dont think I'll get one, yes you need axels voice but you also need Slash.

SlashWylde
2nd May 2007, 12:42

I can't beleive I'm actually saying this, but I aggree with Dover on this point.

It aint Guns 'n Roses. GnR as a band folded in the mid '90s. The band would do better to be called "The Axl Rose Big Band" playing your favourite GnR covers...and a smattering of new material...from an album that hasn't been released yet...even though the 'band' is touring on the back of that albums name (Chinese Democracy).

:no: So sad Axl...what happened?

SlashWylde
5th June 2007, 19:33
Bahhahhahaa! 'G n R' 2007 set list just revealed here (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=73834)

Setlist as follows:

01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Robin Finck Solo
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Better
08. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Dizzy Reed Solo
11. The Blues
12. Richard Fortus/Robin Finck Solo
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. November Rain
15. I.R.S.
16. Bumblefoot Solo
17. Don't Cry
------------------
18. My Michelle
19. Patience
20. Nightrain
------------------
21. Paradise City

So you folks are gonna be hearing three new songs and covers of 18 classics as played by Axl and his backing band. What a scam. Axl Rose used to be my favourite rock singer, now he's just a washed-up has-been trying to cash in on his former glory. What's worse is people seem to be lapping it up. Every day on The Rock the DJ's lapse into orgasmic fits of joy when they start talking about the upcoming 'Guns n Roses' concert.

Listen folks, the man hasn't released an album of new material in sixteen years! Yet all his former band mates (Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy) have gone on to release multiple solo and collaborative albums featuring some of the best rock writing of the last decade. Even old Steven Adler is out there doing his thing.

$150 dollars to go hear a bunch of covers? I'd rather go see the local house band down at the pub.

Righto, rant over.

The Pastor
5th June 2007, 19:49
still will be epic.

Cajun
25th June 2007, 15:13
Okay me, motogirl, sister in law are coming up for the friday concert,

can someone point me in direction where the best parking lot to the vector arena would be?

Cajun
28th June 2007, 09:24
anyone help me?
with what is best parking lot/place to park so i can go to vector arena tomorrow night?