PDA

View Full Version : MV Agusta trashed??

TS99
26th April 2007, 19:20
i just heard about a big off on ANZAC day. Seems a few lads were having a nice quiet day out enjoying the sun :sunny: and the roads. Now this is hearsay of course, but it seems like one of the lads on a MV Agusta (probably an F4-1000 from all accounts) was belting it up the road just out of Waihi (SH25??) on the way to Whiritoa. Came around the corner from the "humps", which can be an exceptionally rapid bit of tarmac, then powered up for a right hander. At this point some cow cocky was standing out in the paddock and sees a motorbike "airborne", sailing througn the air off the road, soars over (and clears) yer standard paddock fence :gob: , and splats into the paddock, unceremoniously dumping its rider some metres away. From eye witness accounts there was almost 250metres or thereabouts of space between the "launch site" and the rider's final resting spot (luckily NOT a burial site!).
Now it all seems like one hell of a yarn. And I'm only too glad that the rider survived... but mate, that's one hell of a story. Anyone know more about this one?

Fat Tony
26th April 2007, 19:26
If you're going to drop a stylish bike like an MV Agusta you might as well do it in style. I hope the rider's OK.

cowpoos
26th April 2007, 19:32
riders fine!!!!!!

JeremyW
26th April 2007, 19:34
I hope the riders OK, heard about it today.

AND it wasnt any old MV F4, it was the AGO model with about $20k of bits over and above a standard F4, also made in VERY limited numbers and all signed by Giacorno Agostini himself....

TS99
26th April 2007, 19:36
If you're going to drop a stylish bike like an MV Agusta you might as well do it in style. I hope the rider's OK.
Or should that be "if you're gonna eat it, it might as well be on an MV Agusta"??

The rider was OK. Me old man was on the scene shortly after and heard the eye witness account from the cow-cocky himself.

boomer
26th April 2007, 19:42
in other words.. another gixxer down! :dodge:

hope hes ok

doc
26th April 2007, 19:45
I hope the riders OK, heard about it today.

AND it wasnt any old MV F4, it was the AGO model with about $20k of bits over and above a standard F4, also made in VERY limited numbers and all signed by Giacorno Agostini himself....
If any parts left are ok , Finn will be on trademe bidding furiously .

MVnut
26th April 2007, 20:40
Holy shit, glad the rider is OK:gob:

justsomeguy
26th April 2007, 20:53
I think I'm gonna cry..... that's one less bike I can dream about..... the terrorists.:angry:

Quasievil
26th April 2007, 20:54
And Shortly afterwards a guy on a black zx14 was heard saying fuck this shite and left and had a quiet ride on his own

White trash
26th April 2007, 20:57
The rider's fine, thanks for the concern. Funnily enough, the bike's better off than any Jappa I've ever seen crashed.

So no, the MV's not trashed. Had I been riding it however.........

stify
26th April 2007, 21:04
And Shortly afterwards a guy on a black zx14 was heard saying fuck this shite and left and had a quiet ride on his own

not long after that someone on a black honda did much the same, then some time later got an earful of zx14 as it cruised on by, by said someone

robertydog
26th April 2007, 21:11
250 Metres is a long way to fly

White trash
26th April 2007, 21:16
250 meters?! Jesus Christ! Shoulda given me a go, I'd have least got 400.

Bwahahahaha, fuck I love the rumour mill......

Edit: Can someone actually google the distance for the longest ever ramp jump?

bugjuice
26th April 2007, 23:24
lamo 250m!!!!!!!!!! must be a small record at least!!!!
and a paddock fence to boot?!?! guy must be a fukin legend..

don't believe everything you hear n read, ay..

bugjuice
26th April 2007, 23:37
pfft.. don't worry bout it
what goes round, comes round. one day we might need a hand

Joni
27th April 2007, 11:34
Well, I just cleaned up 28 posts from this thread that are not related to the subject... or are just not constructive at all.

Please keep it clean and the respect up, the rider is a good mate of some of the people on this site...

:Playnice: