PDA

View Full Version : Good race bike?

andy1
1st September 2004, 03:25
Hi all,

Well im really thinking about buying this bike! Its a 2003 ZX600RR.

But i wanted to ask the kiwibiker racers if this is a good bike to race?
I mean the model bike.
Also he wants NZ$7000 or offers, is that a good deal for a 600 race bike??!!
Then shipped to NZ should be around $1500.

It`s got:

Factory engine kit
Re-Valved forks and shock
Woodstock rearsets
1/4 turn throttle
Morwaki Full Ti system
Factory EFI module
WP Damper

115 HP at the rear wheel.

Extras include:
2 sets of rims
2 Front master cylinders w/levers
2 sets front brake calipers

Please help me, i might buy it this week, so any comment`s would be awesome!!

Thank you.

andy1
1st September 2004, 04:28
Just wondering has anyone shipped a bike from oversea`s before?
Anyone know some info about shipping etc..

Here`s a pic of the bike.

Thanks

White trash
1st September 2004, 07:48
$7000?! You're fucken joking!

Nah. Stay away they're utter shit raced only by pooftas and old geeks. Now piss off and find another one, that's mine that is.

Seriously, they're not the dominating weapon Kawasaki had hoped for on the race track. No one in NZ has had any great success at national level although Dean Fulton and Carey Brier are no mugs, they just didn't quite have the balls of the Suzuki and Honda boys.

If you plan to race club level, get it. The things worth every cent and you wont regret it.

You jammy bastard.

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 07:57
What White Trash said.

Lovely bike, and dirt cheap.

White trash
1st September 2004, 08:03
No one in NZ has had any great success at national level although Dean Fulton and Carey Brier are no mugs, they just didn't quite have the balls of the Suzuki and Honda boys.

Sorry. I meant the bikes, not Dean or Carey.

svs
1st September 2004, 10:13
That's a lot of bike for the money ....

Motoracer
1st September 2004, 10:37
Man that is mint!! You'll never get a Kawasaki for that price around here...

Forget about the motard and come race with me in F2 and F1 on that thing!! :cool2:

andy1
1st September 2004, 15:42
Here`s a email i got from the guy selling it -

Andy,

I'll try to be as specific as possible. This bike has spent it's enitre life on the track. Delivered direct to Woodstock Racing from Kawasaki. It was ridden by Okada who finished 10th in the All Japan SS class in 2003. I bought it in December with a fresh engine put in it. I've done two races and two tackdays. Mileage is unknown because this bike has had everything that is not essential for racing removed including the stock wiring harness replaced with the race unit. The bike is set up according to the MFJ regs and nothing needs to be done to it. The bike rails and I routinely smoke guys on bigger bikes at the track.

Condition: The bike was involved in two lowsides, one left one right, early in the 2003 season. The only visible signs is some gravel marks on the frame just below the tank. Bike is completely straight as tested by Woodstock. Hell, they raced it the whole rest of the season without incident. Bodywork is flawless aside from some rock chips whick cannot be avoided unless you're alot faster than I am.

The bike just got a brand new slipper clutch I had installed by Woodstock in August. It only needs fresh rubber to run. Actually I already signed up for the trackday at Mine this weekend and I was planning on running it.

Im still thinking about it...... :o :o

Laterz

gav
1st September 2004, 15:58
If its never been registered in Japan its unlikely it could ever be registered in NZ, so while its a cheap race bike, its hard to compare it to anything as unlikely you could use it on the road, so what would it be worth in say two years? It would be a cool race bike for sure but as a 600 will soon outdate as a race bike, its probabbly not eligble to race in 600 class here in NZ in its current race spec so would be club bike only?

andy1
1st September 2004, 16:20
Yea i think your right Gav :weep:

Bandito
1st September 2004, 16:30
Sounds to me like you are in the process of making a big mistake buying such a bike for $7000. But because I am a charitable KBer I would somewhat reluctantly relieve of your buden for the said some..... you lucky bastard!!!

andy1
1st September 2004, 17:23
The seller also has got a Ducati 998 and GSXR1000

Im going to ask him how much he wants for his ducati too, anyone interested?

Information: Originally a 998 bi posta this bike has been redone top to bottom. Ohlins, DP CF Bodywork, BST CF Wheels, Termis 50mm Ti exhaust, Weisco Hi Comp pistons, Powercommander, Harris Rearset, STM slipper clutch, Cycle cat, Brembo, Evoluzione....you name it, itエs in there!!

If anyone wants we could maybe ship bikes together?

Here`s a couple more pictures of the bike and the Ducati.

Rosco
17th September 2004, 22:25
Hey nice looking bike. Don't want to steal your thunder or anything - are you sure this is in $NZ. Often $US are quoted in international deals. :blah:

Ghost Lemur
17th September 2004, 23:17
Hey nice looking bike. Don't want to steal your thunder or anything - are you sure this is in $NZ. Often $US are quoted in international deals. :blah:

I think you'll find that Andy is the one who is quoting NZ$ having done the conversion himself for our drooling benefit. :)