PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 5th Sept Wellington Ride - Guidelines

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 09:36
I've started a new thread because I want to organise things a little to avoid the dreaded "bins", and possibly the dreaded "infringment notice".

Could you please respond if you are attending and nominate a group to ride in.

The groups are:

1. Quick
2. Average
3. Sightseer

I'll give it a couple of days for the list to grow and then I'll publish a few guidelines with a list of groups and their members.

Cheers

Jim

PS I'm not trying to be a control freak I just want to do the briefing now and in writing rather than verbally on Sunday.

Paul in NZ
1st September 2004, 09:41
Dear Jim2

I'm an Averagely Quick Sightseer.. Where should I ride?

BTW Where are we going again (apart from over the hill)

Paul N

Deano
1st September 2004, 09:42
Quick (not that I think Im fast hahaha - re: another thread about fast riders and modesty)

Blakamin
1st September 2004, 09:45
hoping for average :wacko:
maybe a sightseer yet... dunno how others ride.....

White trash
1st September 2004, 09:48
Dear Jim2,

Please let me come on your magnificent ride. I promise to be good and not hurt anybody except myself.

I am an averagly quick sightsee'er. :rockon:

Deano
1st September 2004, 09:51
Dear Jim2,

Please let me come on your magnificent ride. I promise to be good and not hurt anybody except myself.

I am an averagly quick sightsee'er. :rockon:

What, pray tell will be your trusty steed for the day Mr Trash ?

Gunna show up some sports bikes on a Rocket ??

Cajun
1st September 2004, 09:55
I Average i guess, i working out if the wife is gonna come down for the week with me she is a Sightseer

White trash
1st September 2004, 09:57
What, pray tell will be your trusty steed for the day Mr Trash ?

Gunna show up some sports bikes on a Rocket ??

The Rat. :cool2:

FROSTY
1st September 2004, 09:57
Mr jim sir -as a very very slow rider -almost pedestrian I would ask to be sent at least 4 hours ahead of all other riders and bicyclists.
I've paid to come down so I'm thinking if the green meanie isnt ready then the CBR might be a good option.
Ill be coming down with BB and a yellow number plate -ariving 8.30 sunday am.

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 10:01
You're all F__kers and I'm gonna be out at 3am on Sunday morning laying thumbtacks for the "Averagely Quick Sightseers"

:mad:

:brick:

Cajun
1st September 2004, 10:05
You're all F__kers and I'm gonna be out at 3am on Sunday morning laying thumbtacks for the "Averagely Quick Sightseers"

woo hoo means i might be able to keep up with them then

F5 Dave
1st September 2004, 10:06
Well I’ll be going insanely quick that morning. Several hundred kph I imagine. :cool2:

Problem is I’ll be heading the wrong direction at a fair altitude.

I’ll wave out the window.

Paul in NZ
1st September 2004, 10:23

Hee heee :killingme

Thumbtacks? Is there going to be a Hitch Hikers group as well??

OK Ok. Just to keep your blood pressure down, I'll go for 'average' but I reserve the right to pass anyone I feel I can, terrify small children and annoy big boofy blokes in trucks and tell them my name is Jim2 :eek: ...

If the weather is iffy then I'm a sightseer...

If we spread out a bit, name the regrouping spots then it will all get sorted out.

HOWEVER.... If this is too much and your impulsive need to organise everyone gets too much for you, may I suggest....

Get 2 fluro vests in 2 diff colours.

The fastest local (wot knows the way) wears one, tail end charlie local wears the other. No one passes the front guy or falls behind the back guy.

At every intersection, the second placed rider (ie the person right behind the front person with the vest) stops and directs all traffic around the corner. Soon as they see the tail end charlie vest they take off and have the fun of showing off and passing everyone untill they finally get second again.

All the fast people take turns directing traffic and can thus go as fast as they like catching up!

Paul N

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 10:27
Hee heee :killingme

Thumbtacks? Is there going to be a Hitch Hikers group as well??

OK Ok. Just to keep your blood pressure down, I'll go for 'average' but I reserve the right to pass anyone I feel I can, terrify small children and annoy big boofy blokes in trucks and tell them my name is Jim2 :eek: ...

If the weather is iffy then I'm a sightseer...

If we spread out a bit, name the regrouping spots then it will all get sorted out.

HOWEVER.... If this is too much and your impulsive need to organise everyone gets too much for you, may I suggest....

Get 2 fluro vests in 2 diff colours.

The fastest local (wot knows the way) wears one, tail end charlie local wears the other. No one passes the front guy or falls behind the back guy.

At every intersection, the second placed rider (ie the person right behind the front person with the vest) stops and directs all traffic around the corner. Soon as they see the tail end charlie vest they take off and have the fun of showing off and passing everyone untill they finally get second again.

All the fast people take turns directing traffic and can thus go as fast as they like catching up!

Paul NHold yer horses, and thanks for the suggestions. Wanna get the list sorted first, to see if there is any point organising groups.

Cajun
1st September 2004, 10:32
Hold yer horses, and thanks for the suggestions. Wanna get the list sorted first, to see if there is any point organising groups.

i go a nice fluero vest good ol work pays for them,

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 10:37
i go a nice fluero vest good ol work pays for them,Bring it along mate. Mind if I borrow it?

jazbug5
1st September 2004, 11:00
..you can put me down as 'slow'.
Thanks!

Hooks
1st September 2004, 11:15
Right then .... for those that might want to come from out of town ... where are you meeting and at what time ??? :bash: I feel the need for a decent ride and the kids are all sorted for the day :yes: .... so fill me in :doobey: ... I would consider myself in the average group :cool: but reserve the right to to speed up if the moment or the urge becomes irresistable !! :2thumbsup
Cheers
Ian

Cajun
1st September 2004, 11:28
Bring it along mate. Mind if I borrow it?

Nope as long as ya don't mine being neal and having tauranga container terminal on the back i put it in my stuff to bring down with me

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 11:36
Nope as long as ya don't mine being neal and having tauranga container terminal on the back i put it in my stuff to bring down with me

Cheers! :niceone:

Cajun
1st September 2004, 11:38
Cheers! :niceone:

no worrys
i won't be bring my fluro yellow jacket down whcih i normal ride around town in, i been told people seen my jacket long before they saw the headlight

riffer
1st September 2004, 11:42
If I am allowed to go please put me down as average, since there's no room for XXL... :shifty:

merv
1st September 2004, 12:32
Choices - KB ride or Terawhiti trail ride? What's the weather meant to do?

riffer
1st September 2004, 12:53
Choices - KB ride or Terawhiti trail ride? What's the weather meant to do?
Go on the KB ride Merv so those of us who haven't met ya can put a face to the name... :niceone:

et al
1st September 2004, 13:01
Please put me down for "average". I do not want to pass, or be passed by anyone wearing a seriously dodgy flouro jacket!

Cajun
1st September 2004, 13:02
Please put me down for "average". I do not want to pass, or be passed by anyone wearing a seriously dodgy flouro jacket!

mine arn't dodgy they all new and didn't cost me a cent, good ol work pay for them all dc:<

Deano
1st September 2004, 13:07
Choices - What's the weather meant to do?

Who really knows (including Jim Hickey, the met service, Toni Marsh mmmm).

I ignore the weather forecasts and look out the window on the day, before deciding.

merv
1st September 2004, 13:08
Go on the KB ride Merv so those of us who haven't met ya can put a face to the name... :niceone:

Yeah cheers, that last one we did you were still MIA then. Lynda made sure everyone stayed on their bikes without binning.

All this talk of fluoro vests makes it start sounding too much like a Ulysses ride these days - and I haven't been on them much lately for one reason or another.

Oh and be warned as usual if I do come I'll have the camera with me.

So put me down as photographer not sightseer.

Pics of last ride I did with KBers on this page http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4218&page=2&pp=15

Cajun
1st September 2004, 13:20
Who really knows (including Jim Hickey, the met service, Toni Marsh mmmm).

I ignore the weather forecasts and look out the window on the day, before deciding.

weather says fine for saturday and thats the day we riding down so sunday looking goodish as well at this point in time

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 13:20
Yeah cheers, that last one we did you were still MIA then. Lynda made sure everyone stayed on their bikes without binning.

All this talk of fluoro vests makes it start sounding too much like a Ulysses ride these days - and I haven't been on them much lately for one reason or another.

Oh and be warned as usual if I do come I'll have the camera with me.

So put me down as photographer not sightseer.

Pics of last ride I did with KBers on this page http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4218&page=2&pp=15
You were about to get a PM about that, so thanks!

White trash
1st September 2004, 13:41
Toni Marsh mmmm).

Fuck off! She's mine.

curious george
1st September 2004, 13:51
Hey, do you mind a dorklander tagging along?
If all goes well, I may be in Welly this Sun.
I missed the route you are taking, but if it's north, I'm keen!
It looks like some other out-of-towners are gonna be there to keep me company back to the most important city in NZ.

P.S. W/T, Toni Marsh isn't all that. Mate here used to flat with her........

Blakamin
1st September 2004, 14:04
I'll be in slow now... not having ridden this bike much yet...

White trash
1st September 2004, 14:05

Ummm.....Don't burst my bubble, mate!

And what other way than north is there.........

matthewt
1st September 2004, 14:06
Put me down for average.

I'll probably bail at lunchtime so I can do something with the kids in the afternoon.

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 14:08
It looks like some other out-of-towners are gonna be there to keep me company back to the most important city in NZ.

More the merrier.

The route will be published on Friday, but it's the normal "loop" we use for a fun day out. Rimutaka Caltex Upper Hutt at 10:00am, Rimutaka Summit, Featherston, Martinborough Flying Fish for a Coffee, Gladstone, Wainuioru, Masterton for lunch (probably at Stellar).

curious george
1st September 2004, 14:22
Ummm.....Don't burst my bubble, mate!

And what other way than north is there.........

I suppose, Wellington is down a bit of a culdesack :Pokey:

riffer
1st September 2004, 14:27
Put me down for average.

I'll probably bail at lunchtime so I can do something with the kids in the afternoon.
Exactly my thinking. I will be attending the ride over the 'takas of course, and Flying Fish, but will not *sniff* be continuing on to Gladstone.:cry:

Must spend some of Fathers Day with the kiddies...

Paul in NZ
1st September 2004, 14:32

How do you feel about being passing or being passed by a dodgy looking old hung over fat white git wearing furry underpants, a batman cloak, jandals, and clown pants riding a dodgy old wog bike with the engine mounted sideways while juggling flaming kittens?

It would after all be slightly less embarassing....

On a happy note...

Lets not get too carried away with the bravado. We don't want to be loading our visitors onto the air ambulance for their trip home do we?

Um.. Guys....

We don't do we??

:eek:

No... I didn't think so...

I'm going to be in Mr responsible mode because the 5th is my birthday and I want to reap the rewards of surviving another year!

merv
1st September 2004, 15:15
Must spend some of Fathers Day with the kiddies...

The age mine are now, I could do the full ride and still get home in time for them to get up. Maybe I've then got to slip into bed and let them do me dinner in bed in lieu of breakfast in bed which you just don't get out of teenagers and students as they live in a different time zone to me, especially in the weekends. (Mine are 18 and 20)

Quasievil
1st September 2004, 15:34
Bring it along mate. Mind if I borrow it?
If you put a vest on me I will fucken shoot ya:moon:

Cajun
1st September 2004, 15:39
If you put a vest on me I will fucken shoot ya:moon:

I will have a nice new set of super corsas to ride town to wellywood on,
wife will be riding down herself on the thrusday, and she will have a new bridgestone 014 on the rear with my 014 on the front we gonna spend an extra day down there and come back sunday 12th.

Quasievil
1st September 2004, 15:39
Well Im not planning to go fast as I will

1/ be fucked from riding down to welly the day before.
2/ Be fucked from a hard night on the jiuce the night before.
3/ Be fucked if Im going to go fast and bin and walk home on Monday.

So stick me mmmmmmm in the back nah in the average but reserve the right to go quicker if I want :done:

Cajun
1st September 2004, 15:41

So stick me mmmmmmm in the back nah in the average but reserve the right to go quicker if I want :done:

hahahahahah dc:<

Deano
1st September 2004, 15:42

Would you like a Tui with that mate ? :yes:

RT527
1st September 2004, 16:17
Ill bring the Truck!!!!!!!!

Quasievil
1st September 2004, 16:27
Would you like a Tui with that mate ? :yes:
Err yeah thanks bro:sick:

James Deuce
1st September 2004, 16:36
Ill bring the Truck!!!!!!!!Please do!

That would be a salutory warning!

RT527
1st September 2004, 16:46
My apologies i posted that comment forgetting that my avatar was of our firetruck.... i meant the other truck ... you know that big booffy guys drive :niceone:
Unfortunatly i will only be in welly thursday night so wont make the ride :apint: oh that and the lack of bike will do it.
hey cajun ... do you work for tauranga container park?.

White trash
1st September 2004, 17:01
My apologies i posted that comment forgetting that my avatar was of our firetruck.... i meant the other truck ... you know that big booffy guys drive :niceone:
Unfortunatly i will only be in welly thursday night so wont make the ride :apint: oh that and the lack of bike will do it.

Sweet. Join us for the "Bundi night" and pool afterwards.

RT527
1st September 2004, 17:05
thursday 2/09/04 as in tomorrow night :soon: :apint:

White trash
1st September 2004, 17:09
thursday 2/09/04 as in tomorrow night :soon: :apint:

Whoops. Stop in to WMCC during the day and say gudday if you're going to be central at all.

You'll also catch a bunch of KBers at ROQM in High St, Lower Hutt playing poool from 8pm onwards.

Cajun
1st September 2004, 17:21

I work for the port of tauranga yes, in the It dept

RT527
1st September 2004, 17:28
kool ill be going to seaview first to drop off 2 containers then finding somewhere to stay....

RT527
1st September 2004, 17:30
I work for the port of tauranga yes, in the It dept

OK reason is i quite often drop mt containers to ports of tauranga/and mount and one of the guys at TCP has a bike :cool2:

FROSTY
1st September 2004, 17:55
ya couldnt make the meeting place welly main station could ya??
Unless the weather turns pear shaped Ill be coming down.
Change of plans possibly --I might drive down with a trailer and do a couple of hour ride then trailer em back to dorkland.

Ms Piggy
1st September 2004, 18:06
ya couldnt make the meeting place welly main station could ya??

Hey Frosty,
Jazbug & I could meet you there on our way through. Welly station is quite a wee way from Caltex Rimutaka. We'll be riding at a scenic pace though.

Cheers Cathy

FROSTY
1st September 2004, 18:31
Actually It looks like ill be heading directly to Jims place in the car with the trailer on the back.

Paul in NZ
1st September 2004, 19:34
Actually It looks like ill be heading directly to Jims place in the car with the trailer on the back.

Fuck me this is getting confusing... :spudwhat:

I'm sticking with my plan A

Blakamin
1st September 2004, 19:43

what was plan A??
:wacko:

Quasievil
1st September 2004, 19:55

All we got to do is get to your place the rest of the time we will be following, we be lucky, looking forward to some good ole southern hospitality...... Oh dont make me squeal like a pig though:eek: , Im not into that :moon:

Ms Piggy
1st September 2004, 19:58
The route will be published on Friday, but it's the normal "loop" we use for a fun day out. Rimutaka Caltex Upper Hutt at 10:00am, Rimutaka Summit, Featherston, Martinborough Flying Fish for a Coffee, Gladstone, Wainuioru, Masterton for lunch (probably at Stellar).

I believe this might be Plan A :shifty:

Hooks
1st September 2004, 20:34
I believe this might be Plan A :shifty:

By joves lads I think she's got it !! :killingme ...

my aim is to be at Pram at 8.45am and ride over with the Coasters ..... :2guns: I think their aim is to be on the road by 9.15 ... :spudwhat: I'm looking forward to a good long day in the saddle with lots of fun & coffee :scooter:
Roll on sunday .... or is it saturday ...what's happening again ??? :lol:

mangell6
1st September 2004, 21:18
Well we have ratshit weather leading up to a fine day on Saturday, at least in our area and it should carry over to Sunday but who knows. We could trip up to Paihiatua for some fine weather.

Jim2 - I is a sitesee'er.

Pickle
1st September 2004, 21:25
Will be coming back from the Cold Kiwi on Sunday depending on the weather might do the tourist thing and come back via the Yrapa so may try and catch up with everyone. Be warned we will be on the mighty KLR's with camping gear so you will need a Tourers group. Will need a hot drink by then. :cold:

loosebruce
1st September 2004, 23:09
Hey Jim2 cheers for sorting a ride, i'd be in average to fast. Looking forward to it :niceone:

Velox
1st September 2004, 23:56
Stink - can't come this time. I need to get back up the hill soon though, it's been too long!

Ms Piggy
2nd September 2004, 00:52
By joves lads I think she's got it !! :killingme ...

And the funniest part of that is I'm not even coming on the ride! :rolleyes:

LB
2nd September 2004, 06:16
.Hamish and I will be at Caltex on Sunday by 10am SO LONG AS THE WEATHER'S NOT TOO BAD. Will be going to the McCafe in Upper Hutt prior to that for b/fast and flat whites - anyone else wants to join us there before Caltex please feel free. BLT bagels....yummmm.

I am very definitely a sightseer. Hamish and i are happy to go at the back and plod along.

Paul in NZ: if the northern lads come down via the Yrapa, we will head over there Saturday avo instead of coming up your way.

Northern lads: if you are coming down through the Wairarapa/Takas on Sat, stop at the rest area/cafe at the summit (you get a blue "coffee 300m" sign to tell you when it's coming up). Pull in to the parking are very early, as it's on a bad left-hand bend. I'll be at the cafe (so long as it's reasonably fine). I'll keep a watch on your posts for rough arrival times. I'll be the one one with the Monster.

White trash
2nd September 2004, 07:42
.Will be going to the McCafe in Upper Hutt prior to that for b/fast and flat whites - anyone else wants to join us there before Caltex please feel free. BLT bagels....yummmm.

Have you not seen "Supersize me" yet?

Fuck me, I will never eat McDonalds again. And coming from White Trash, that's saying something!

Paul in NZ
2nd September 2004, 07:58
All we got to do is get to your place the rest of the time we will be following, we be lucky, looking forward to some good ole southern hospitality...... Oh dont make me squeal like a pig though:eek: , Im not into that :moon:

Hey! We is civilised now thank you Mr evilquasi...

I durn washed all the cars on the front yard and Ma says you can make any animal noise youse whants ter 'cos youse is guests and from strange pharts and might have habits that are differnt to us civilised folks.

:whistle:

I'll try to look bikerish on saturday (if you come that way) by either balancing the guzzi carbs (full time job) or investigating the SR's rear end (no, it does not sqeal like a pig when I do that)

Kewl!

Paul N

ps. Fer gawds sake take it easy going over the Desert Road as it is currently blowing a strong nor wester, predicted to change to southerly later which could mean a big dump of snow. I'd be going around the western side of the lake, national park etc.

Deano
2nd September 2004, 07:59
Oh dont make me squeal like a pig though:eek: , Im not into that :moon:

But you have such a purdy mouth............

Quasievil
2nd September 2004, 08:19
Hey! We is civilised now thank you Mr evilquasi...

I durn washed all the cars on the front yard and Ma says you can make any animal noise youse whants ter 'cos youse is guests and from strange pharts and might have habits that are differnt to us civilised folks.

:whistle:

I'll try to look bikerish on saturday (if you come that way) by either balancing the guzzi carbs (full time job) or investigating the SR's rear end (no, it does not sqeal like a pig when I do that)

Kewl!

Paul N

ps. Fer gawds sake take it easy going over the Desert Road as it is currently blowing a strong nor wester, predicted to change to southerly later which could mean a big dump of snow. I'd be going around the western side of the lake, national park etc.
Yeah thats the way we will go I think just have to confirm it with Loose the Bruce, Down western Bypass across to tauramanui down Paraparas wanganui to Palmy back road to Levin Otaki to your pad in Paraparaumu sound good ?

curious george
2nd September 2004, 09:54
Looks like my weekends off.
I wont be down till Tuesday.
Sorry guys, another time, unless somebodys riding Tuesday? :(

Paul in NZ
2nd September 2004, 12:27
Yeah thats the way we will go I think just have to confirm it with Loose the Bruce, Down western Bypass across to tauramanui down Paraparas wanganui to Palmy back road to Levin Otaki to your pad in Paraparaumu sound good ?

Sounds like what I would do...

Just keep an eye on the weather. If it is better on the other side of the Rimutakas thats the way to go. Its a bloody long ride despite what anyone says. So take your time and don't feel pressured to turn up any time.

Better to turn up late than not at all...

If anything goes wrong like a flat or summat, give me a hoy and I'll see what can be done.

Cheers

ps. Sorry you can't make it Curious George. Only thing I'll be riding next tuesday is my desk. Fark i have some shit to do!

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 12:33
If anything goes wrong like a flat or summat, give me a hoy and I'll see what can be done.

Me too, if ya need 2 of us coasters!

Hooks
2nd September 2004, 16:39

Hey dude I'll zip down sh56 (the back road to Levin) for ya tomorrow and check it out ... they were doing extensive repairs there a week or so back and prolly haven't finished !! It wasn't too flash and I would hate for you guys to have to battle thru heaps of works and gravel when you could be hooning nicely along on the sealed stuff !!

merv
2nd September 2004, 19:29
Man this thread is catching up to the religion thread in length - exciting eh!

riffer
2nd September 2004, 20:00
Man this thread is catching up to the religion thread in length - exciting eh!
merv - just quietly - its the "scottish thread"... the thread whose name we dare not mention...

Quasievil
2nd September 2004, 20:12
Hey dude I'll zip down sh56 (the back road to Levin) for ya tomorrow and check it out ... they were doing extensive repairs there a week or so back and prolly haven't finished !! It wasn't too flash and I would hate for you guys to have to battle thru heaps of works and gravel when you could be hooning nicely along on the sealed stuff !!
Thats mighty nice of you, to be honest Im going to be fucked by the time Ive been in the sadlle for 6 hours on my non comfy bike so Im not that keen on a big challenging road, But I will have to harden up huh

loosebruce
3rd September 2004, 00:02
Thats mighty nice of you, to be honest Im going to be fucked by the time Ive been in the sadlle for 6 hours on my non comfy bike so Im not that keen on a big challenging road, But I will have to harden up huh

Ha non comfy bike, you mean old man syndrome :moon:

LB
3rd September 2004, 05:27
.Jim2: your guidelines Part 2 are great - thanks. (here's the link for those who haven't seen it - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4931 )

Weather might not be too bad on Sunday - I might only need four layers of underwear. (Thermal that is guys!) Also Hamish fitted heated grips to the 1000 last night so that'll help.

Now I just have to find the thread with the map of how to get to PaulinNZ's place Saturday avo.......Paul, if you hear a Monster going round and round in circles sounding lost, please send a search party! :eek:

Edit: found the thread and have printed out the map. Looking fwd to meeting up with you all - some again, some for the first time.

This website is bloody great isn't it?? Thanks (again!) SpankMe!! :first: :first: :first:

White trash
3rd September 2004, 07:46
Jim, I love your guidelines but,

Never post the route. Or the lead rider. Every fricken traffic cop in Wgtn is going to be between Upper Hutt and Martinborough on Sunday and who's in front?

Deano
3rd September 2004, 07:47
Jim2 - Just to clarify - do we need a fluro vest for first and tail end rider of each group ? I have one if required, seeing as I got drafted. (not that I mind)

James Deuce
3rd September 2004, 08:14
Jim2 - Just to clarify - do we need a fluro vest for first and tail end rider of each group ? I have one if required, seeing as I got drafted. (not that I mind)
Nah. I'll just wear one. You guys will know who you are in each group.

Cheers

James Deuce
3rd September 2004, 08:15

Never post the route. Or the lead rider. Every fricken traffic cop in Wgtn is going to be between Upper Hutt and Martinborough on Sunday and who's in front?

Yaeh yeah. But we ride legally don't we?? .

:)

Message understood.

Paul in NZ
3rd September 2004, 08:46

:yeah:

I suggest the 'more advanced' group might like to deviate slightly then?

The average group will have fun without being excessively illegal.... I like to go quick but with this ride, considering we are all on such different bikes and don't know each others little quirks, it's just possible that discretion could be the better part of valour??

Darn! Forgot to mention.. The road surface will be at it's worst at the end of winter. Modern, sticky tyres on sports bikes throw rocks (we know this) so I suggest if it looks a little loose... Fall back a bit from the dude in front..

:scooter:

Paul N

White trash
3rd September 2004, 17:08
Stop making a punt of yourself

Seen elsewhere on a thread supposidly without replys. :first:

Paul in NZ
3rd September 2004, 18:45
Seen elsewhere on a thread supposidly without replys. :first:

Yeah! But it was funny there... :yes:

Paul N

FROSTY
3rd September 2004, 19:12
well put me in the niot moving at all group --as in not bloody there at all :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

merv
3rd September 2004, 19:24
well put me in the niot moving at all group --as in not bloody there at all :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Feel for you man.

Hooks
3rd September 2004, 20:00
Yeah well count me out too !! ... :mad: I have a sick child now so I'm nailed to the house .... :wacko: Next time I guess ..... :beer:

Ms Piggy
4th September 2004, 10:24
Hey Jim,
Thanks for organising the ride so well :niceone:

See ya'll at Caltex :spudwave:

mangell6
4th September 2004, 12:10
Just had an emergency email from Jim2 that was sent to myself and Paul_in_NZ, he cannot attend Sundays ride and has "somehow rooted my KB account so I can't post for a replacement".

I have sent an email and a pm to the number one organiser and trust that they will takeover the reins from Jim2.

Go Jim2 Go

Slingshot
4th September 2004, 16:08
Hey all...haven' posted on here for while.

Just been for a blat up the takas, I think Lynda was just leaving as I go to the top.

The roads are crappy but still much fun!

I'm keen for tomorrow if the weather holds and if I can convince the wife to come for a second ride.

Hell, I could even stop in Masterton and wish my father a happy fathers day.

So the morale of my story is...I'll be there if the weather is good!!!

Hitcher
4th September 2004, 18:15
Mrs H and I have just returned from the Wairarapa where, amongst other things, we rode the planned route for Sunday's outing.

The road is clean and clear over the Rimutakas and through Martinborough. However the back road through Gladstone is a difference proposition. The last lot of rain has caused some slips and washouts. These are mostly well signposted. There is a lot of gritty crap on the road in places. The turn off up the "chimney" road past Gladstone is OK to the top, but take care through the cutting before starting your descent on the other side. From there on to Wainuioru there are several patchs of crap on the seal. Wainuioru to Masterton is in pretty tidy order.

Shiny sides up!!

riffer
4th September 2004, 20:28
Sorry I won't be able to make it guys. Unfortunately I have had to spend my ride money on bike parts so won't be able to make it.

You all have a great ride. I'll catch up with you later.

LB
5th September 2004, 06:01
Hi therer SS - hope to see you today. Don't remember seeing you but there were a heap of bikes out (I hope I waved, though a couple of times mid-corner i had to nod). We left the summit around 2.45pm.

Looking fwd to meeting you!

Hey all...haven' posted on here for while.

Just been for a blat up the takas, I think Lynda was just leaving as I go to the top.

The roads are crappy but still much fun!

I'm keen for tomorrow if the weather holds and if I can convince the wife to come for a second ride.

Hell, I could even stop in Masterton and wish my father a happy fathers day.

So the morale of my story is...I'll be there if the weather is good!!!

LB
5th September 2004, 06:03
Great - thanks for the info Mr H - much appreciated.

Mrs H and I have just returned from the Wairarapa where, amongst other things, we rode the planned route for Sunday's outing.

The road is clean and clear over the Rimutakas and through Martinborough. However the back road through Gladstone is a difference proposition. The last lot of rain has caused some slips and washouts. These are mostly well signposted. There is a lot of gritty crap on the road in places. The turn off up the "chimney" road past Gladstone is OK to the top, but take care through the cutting before starting your descent on the other side. From there on to Wainuioru there are several patchs of crap on the seal. Wainuioru to Masterton is in pretty tidy order.

Shiny sides up!!

LB
5th September 2004, 06:05
Just had an emergency email from Jim2 that was sent to myself and Paul_in_NZ, he cannot attend Sundays ride and has "somehow rooted my KB account so I can't post for a replacement".

I have sent an email and a pm to the number one organiser and trust that they will takeover the reins from Jim2.

Go Jim2 Go
Holy shit, who on earth would be able to organise as well as Jim2 has done so far?? The day's stuffed - we'll most likely get some bloody Sergeant-Major type blasting out instructions with a megaphone-type voice.........not sure if I want to go now
( :innocent: )

merv
5th September 2004, 08:17
Holy shit, who on earth would be able to organise as well as Jim2 has done so far?? The day's stuffed - we'll most likely get some bloody Sergeant-Major type blasting out instructions with a megaphone-type voice.........not sure if I want to go now
( :innocent: )

Are you talking about the one that had the megaphone at the Pukemanu Adventure ride http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1357? She did a pretty good job from what I remember.

Hey its Father's Day and I am up and the weather is looking OK for a while, so should see you at Caltex on time.