PDA

View Full Version : Trackday Taupo Sunday

steveyb
29th April 2007, 09:53
Ay up all youse fullas going to the KB trackday. Just a wee plug, so hope you will be understanding. The tyrewarmers.co.nz boys will be there with some tyrewarmers and their bikes of course. The RS250 seems to be all fixed now (and fast as fook), Phillys shoulder is more or less better and Delboy is on the pace.

Winter is coming, temps and tracks are getting cooler, tyres taking much longer to warm up. We don't want to see anyone crash and hurt themselves and/or their flash bikes because of cold tyres. And why waste half a session or so running around on cold tyres? We have products to fit most budgets. Useful for roadbikes used on trackdays as well you know. Just 'cos it's not a racebike doesn't mean you can't have tyrewarmers for it!!

See youse all there ay. Fine and sunny of course!

Enjoy ;-)

Steve

Morcs
29th April 2007, 13:53
If you cared that much about our safety you wouldnt exploit the situation but instead lend them to us for free.

Mine is an nc30 btw, 17'' front, 18'' rear...

Cleve
29th April 2007, 17:17
If you cared that much about our safety you wouldnt exploit the situation but instead lend them to us for free.

Mine is an nc30 btw, 17'' front, 18'' rear...

God! Helen has been in power too long!!!!

BigG
29th April 2007, 18:45
Ay up all youse fullas going to the KB trackday. Just a wee plug, so hope you will be understanding. The tyrewarmers.co.nz boys will be there with some tyrewarmers and their bikes of course. The RS250 seems to be all fixed now (and fast as fook), Phillys shoulder is more or less better and Delboy is on the pace.

Winter is coming, temps and tracks are getting cooler, tyres taking much longer to warm up. We don't want to see anyone crash and hurt themselves and/or their flash bikes because of cold tyres. And why waste half a session or so running around on cold tyres? We have products to fit most budgets. Useful for roadbikes used on trackdays as well you know. Just 'cos it's not a racebike doesn't mean you can't have tyrewarmers for it!!

See youse all there ay. Fine and sunny of course!

Enjoy ;-)

Steve Ay up lads ! you must be a pom, I'd find it hard riding on the road with tyre warmers on they would get all jammed up in me guards.:third:

steveyb
29th April 2007, 19:19
Nah, just a hang over from a couple of years over in Blighty.

I wonder, if one would forget to take the warmers off the tyres prior to riding, does that mean one forgets to get dressed before riding and thus performs his best Lady Godiva impression? hehehehehehe

JayRacer37
30th April 2007, 23:22
Nah, just a hang over from a couple of years over in Blighty.

I wonder, if one would forget to take the warmers off the tyres prior to riding, does that mean one forgets to get dressed before riding and thus performs his best Lady Godiva impression? hehehehehehe

riding off with warmers??
Don't worry...you only try that once!!

Oh - and you only get one chance if you/someone chucks em on the ground still plugged in - piles of ash ( and hopefully not your tent/pit/spare bike/life with it...) when ya come back....

Paul B
1st May 2007, 22:23
riding off with warmers??
Don't worry...you only try that once!!

Oh - and you only get one chance if you/someone chucks em on the ground still plugged in - piles of ash ( and hopefully not your tent/pit/spare bike/life with it...) when ya come back....

he he he - I remember Stevey B doing just that. What a nice pile of goey melted mess that made. One of the rare occasions when I learned from someone elses mistake.