PDA

View Full Version : Right of way

MOTOXXX
30th April 2007, 09:13
On a footpath if someone wants to cross a drive way and at the same time a car wants to enter this driveway.

who has the right of way?

Finn
30th April 2007, 09:17
The pedestrian however, intimidation often wins the day.

Masterchop
30th April 2007, 09:18
Not 100% certain, but I think the pedestrian on the footpath would have right of way over a vehicle.

jahrasti
30th April 2007, 09:20

I say Finn has pretty much summed it up.

Grahameeboy
30th April 2007, 09:39

What from a Dwarf.............

As a pedestrian I would stop out of courtesy and let car turn as it is a potential hazard as well.

toycollector10
30th April 2007, 10:29
I usually stop and wave a driver through. What a hassle. Brake, clutch, sit, wait, clutch, into gear, drive over footpath when that bloody pedestrian gets out my effing way. Get my drift? It's easier for the pedestrian to pause for a second or two. It sounds like someone has cut you off. You will have to get over it because in this world might is right.

Squeak the Rat
30th April 2007, 10:35
I usually stop and wave a driver through. What a hassle. Brake, clutch, sit, wait, clutch, into gear, drive over footpath when that bloody pedestrian gets out my effing way. Get my drift? It's easier for the pedestrian to pause for a second or two. It sounds like someone has cut you off. You will have to get over it because in this world might is right.

You didn't mention how draining it is turning the steering wheel, or the mammoth effort required to put the indicator on......

Pedestrian has the right of way. Hit them and you lose, end of story. (well, they lose too obviously)

more_fasterer
30th April 2007, 11:11
or the mammoth effort required to put the indicator on......

Which is why you make like 80% of auckhole's drivers and don't use them!

bobsmith
30th April 2007, 11:20
The pedestrian, I personally always wave for the pedestrian to cross first because even if they look like they're going to stop, you never know what these idiots are going to do and if I run one over, I just don't want to deal with the damage to the bike/car, the paper work, and the pigs.

Grub
30th April 2007, 12:22

Excellent point of view ... bling on it's way

On the other hand, I have seen vehicles trying to enter a driveway from a narrow street having to hold up the entire street and the intersection beyond because the pedestrian had the right and by christ they were going to exercise that right ... and no bastard was going to make them hurry either. Prats.

sunhuntin
30th April 2007, 12:30
i usually wait [as a pedestrian], and if a car is allowing me right of way, i jog across.

The_Dover
30th April 2007, 12:34
I just keep on walking.

Fuck them, I always have right of way.

Grub
30th April 2007, 12:49

Yep, figures!

cowpoos
30th April 2007, 12:52
I just keep on walking.

you related to chuck norris?

mstriumph
30th April 2007, 12:55
.... if you are driving you should wave the pedestrian accross, especially if they are laden with shopping and pushing a pushchair ....:yes:

... that way you can get a really good run at them when they are halfway across and be sure of claiming your fifteen pointer ........ [5 for the shopper and 10 for the pushchair .....or do they score things differently in Aus?]

ok
i'm joking :innocent:

Patrick
30th April 2007, 15:06
Which is why you make like 80% of auckhole's drivers and don't use them!

yes they do... but left indicator definitely does not mean they are turning left.... or right, for that fact...

peasea
2nd May 2007, 09:19
yes they do... but left indicator definitely does not mean they are turning left.... or right, for that fact...

Especially at roundabouts! Some people just don't get it.