PDA

View Full Version : Dom Jones you lil beauty!

cowpoos
30th April 2007, 14:38
http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/raceres/rr/racres.asp?cls=sb&snct=p5215&type=f&rnum=2&year=2007

http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/raceres/rr/racres.asp?cls=sb&snct=p5215&type=f&rnum=1&year=2007

beating some big names there!!!!!!!!!

bistard
30th April 2007, 14:47
Thats bloody impressive!!
Go Dom!!!

bistard
30th April 2007, 14:49
Hey Speedie,he was ahead of both Doug Chandler & Kurtis Roberts in the first race
Go the Kiwi!!

cowpoos
30th April 2007, 14:49
From what I can see he came 17th. The only "big name" he beat was Ben Bostrum and thats cause he didnt start.
Not taking anything away from the Dom, its fuckin great that he is over there mixin it with the bigger boys, well done, but the way you were goin on I though he mustve ridin round the outside of Mat Mladin on one wheel or something.
Back to work Poo's stop wasting time looking up shit on the net.!
you not heard of james ellison?? or doug chandler??? go have a play with google!!

johnsv650
30th April 2007, 18:28
well done dom exellent results, and to speedie, you sit on your bum and knock kiwi's who are giving things ago, stay in browns bay......plz

Steve_R6R
30th April 2007, 19:43
it all needs to be looked at in perspective.
... theoreticlly, I could have ridden around, done 12 laps and claimed to have beaten them too.

From my perspective that rocks BIG time for Dom :rockon:

...theoreticlly you sound full of shit.:sick:

no offence.

Maido
30th April 2007, 20:07
I will cast another light on this, I am always quick to congratulate Dom (and tell him to have a hair cut and a shave!).
Anyways, well done on your best finish to date against far (far far far) superior machinery (as well as more developed than WSB, and in most cases better riders on massive salaries and contingincies, and track knowledge, data logging, factory support, and endless supply of tyres and hot as pit bitches), (also I am pretty sure Spies and mladin don't drive 30 odd hours between the race tracks). Now he is starting to get some better results and is obviously starting to find that we (esp shaun) knew he had.
I know speedi isn't knocking Dom and in reality he is correct, he is still a lap down, but he is starting to find speed, hopefully the results will continue to improve and eventually he will get spotted and some more support.

Kick some arse Dom!!

Joni
30th April 2007, 20:43
I think this thread has become a tad bazaar... :shit:

I am lucky enough to know Dom and his dad Pete, they are both amazing men :yes:

For me its not about Dom coming in ahead of any big names... he could be beating Toseland or coming in last who gives a shit... the point is this boy is out there doing what he wants to, a privateer, leaving his home to live the dream... the fact that he has come in in a fairly ok position while doing it all himself just makes it extra sweet.

Damn proud of you Dom... I can only imagine how you Dad must feel.

Up, up and away matie!... :sunny:

oyster
30th April 2007, 21:11
When Dom was about 12 the teacher went round the room asking what all the children wanted to be. Nurse, fireman, truck driver, motorbike rider....
err excuse me....
Last year Dom came close to his goal, he did 23 race meetings, over 7 months, travelled 50 000km thru 36 states. He built his own bike from a wreck bought on the net. Prepped his own motor to Superstock spec, and went AMA Superbike racing. Pit crew... none. Money...none. Support....none.
Spare parts (wheels, bodywork etc)...none. The whole exercise was a business one. Live on the minimum cost, race on the minimum cost that gives max income. Last year he nearly broke even. This year his goal is to break even, and get a mid teen ranking in the AMA. Again, resourced not much better than last year. Except his bike is now so old and worn out it's not even eligible for contingency money at regional events. (They can't be more than 2 years old) Do you think anyone else in the AMA sleeps in their van?
Cuisine comes from K Mart once a week, stored in the Chilly Bin? The discs he's using he got out of the rubbish bin last year along with some brake pads. They were straightened with pipe and tyre levers. He uses 3 sets of tyre per AMA meeting. The next "lowest budget team" uses 7 set!
Today, Dom is in 15th place in the AMA, payin his bills. He's goin fine

Joni
30th April 2007, 21:17
Yeah, I think you have an amazing son Pete! :yes:

Some people never have the courage to go for their dreams, let alone turn them into measurable goals and actions!

oyster
30th April 2007, 21:22
Being a lap down has a slightly different meaning in New Zealand with our little short races. At Virginia last year I watched Dom get lapped. Yes, lapped. But he started 28th, near the back. He worked and dogfought his way thru to 16th, not easy when most of his competitors have Superbikes with another 30hp, 16.5 wheels, Ohlins forks etc
Mladin Started at the front of course and went out unrestrained at a lap record place. It took over a half an hour and 24 laps of the 28 lap race before he came up to Dominic.... It's no dishonour to be lapped!!!!

Cleve
30th April 2007, 21:41
When Dom was about 12 the teacher went round the room asking what all the children wanted to be. Nurse, fireman, truck driver, motorbike rider....
err excuse me....
Last year Dom came close to his goal, he did 23 race meetings, over 7 months, travelled 50 000km thru 36 states. He built his own bike from a wreck bought on the net. Prepped his own motor to Superstock spec, and went AMA Superbike racing. Pit crew... none. Money...none. Support....none.
Spare parts (wheels, bodywork etc)...none. The whole exercise was a business one. Live on the minimum cost, race on the minimum cost that gives max income. Last year he nearly broke even. This year his goal is to break even, and get a mid teen ranking in the AMA. Again, resourced not much better than last year. Except his bike is now so old and worn out it's not even eligible for contingency money at regional events. (They can't be more than 2 years old) Do you think anyone else in the AMA sleeps in their van?
Cuisine comes from K Mart once a week, stored in the Chilly Bin? The discs he's using he got out of the rubbish bin last year along with some brake pads. They were straightened with pipe and tyre levers. He uses 3 sets of tyre per AMA meeting. The next "lowest budget team" uses 7 set!
Today, Dom is in 15th place in the AMA, payin his bills. He's goin fine

Very inspirational post. Thanks for that.

oyster
30th April 2007, 21:43
No worries Speedie. I know exactly what your meaning, I'm hopelessly fact / numbers oriented techo myself. I'm always saying things that seem quite factual but I get so carried away I overlook effect of pissing people off. Those who know me will tell you I'm really good at it. That's why I recently moved to a bigger city, I'd got up the noses of so many people I had to start afresh, but now, after 2 years they reckon I'm making good progress here too... Yep, lighten up. I'm havin wee smoile right now..Good spirited discussion is great, don't let the odd "whoops" put you off.

Sincerely

For punishment you are to help out at youngster at your next road race meeting. You never know, he might lap Matt Mladin one day...
(the racers equivalent of community service)

Toast
30th April 2007, 22:24
Never met this Dom dude, but what he's doing: taking a shit heap bike, eating shit, sleeping in a van, focusing everything on his dream of racing, is some seriously cool shit. Go that man!! Surely someone finishing mid-pack on a donkey must be attracting some bigger sponsors for the coming seasons?

Shaun
1st May 2007, 08:19
Thanks for that write up Pete, and it seems my post was perhaps taken the wrong way, I was actually having a bit of a dig at cowpoos, probably at Dom's expense, no offence ever intended to him. I have hopefully pointed out my support for NZ racers, and I apologise to anyone for upsetting them, I was just being blunt. Im a facts and evidence person, not one for emotional following of someone. Maybe I should soften up a bit.

Hahaha Speedie, I could see this one turning -hit!

I understood exactually what you were trying to put across with your debate with Mr Poos

I say Dom will be on a fully supported ride in the USA within the next 2 seasons

They love his hair, they love his humbleness, they just love him, and as long as he hangs in there picking up those good bottom order results, they will come love his tanacity as well

steveyb
1st May 2007, 17:41
I am supremely jealous. I followed my own dreams around the world in science, but somehow it seems a tad less exciting.

Kia kaha Dom, Haydie, Sam, Bruce, Brendon and all the others.

Enjoy ;-)

Steve

Shaun
9th May 2007, 12:51
Dom is currently ranked 15th in the USA Superbike champs:yes:

He has just had a couple of days test riding for Doug Chandller's Superbike team on a CBR 1000 Honda, with full traction controll etc

This is where things really start to happen for Dom, having such a fantastic opportunity to test for Doug Chandler, will make a lot of the other teams pay more attention him now as well.

Keep taking those points Dom

onearmedbandit
9th May 2007, 13:28
Wow, awesome! Go Dom, what an opportunity. All the hard work is starting to pay off huh.

Toast
9th May 2007, 18:15
He has just had a couple of days test riding for Doug Chandller's Superbike team on a CBR 1000 Honda, with full traction controll etc

This is where things really start to happen for Dom, having such a fantastic opportunity to test for Doug Chandler, will make a lot of the other teams pay more attention him now as well.

Damn that's awesome for Dom!!

Would be cool if his Dad could give us a bit of a report on how it went.

TonyB
9th May 2007, 21:30
Dom is currently ranked 15th in the USA Superbike champs:yes:

Absolutely incredible!Go Dom!

slowpoke
9th May 2007, 22:09

Faaark me, I'd be rapt just to meet a legend like Doug Chandler, and here's Dom riding for him? Dreams do come true.

Shaun
10th May 2007, 08:36
Damn that's awesome for Dom!!

Would be cool if his Dad could give us a bit of a report on how it went.

I am sure Oyster will be along some time for a fuller report than what I gave!

Go do a google search on Doug Chandler- even if this test that Dom had goes no further? He has already got the attention, of one of the nicest, most professional motorcycle racers, I have ever seen in the world:yes:

Must be a proud thing being an OYSTER

Joni
10th May 2007, 08:44
:lol: Yeah Shaun, I saw him on Sunday...

He was bubbling away, very proud... the biggest smile I've seen on an Oyster in a long time! :sunny:

Firefight
10th May 2007, 08:58
Dear mr Johnsv650, edit.. opps and now Steve R6r too

I do not know who you are, so you do not know me, or my level of support for NZ motorcycle racers.

Fucks sake, only on KB, :shit:

Don't worry Robomedic(they :angry: hate being called that)

some of us know what a good cunt you are:first: , and most of us know how much you and your family both support NZ bike riders./racing etc.. your not a bad ambo officer as well, all we have to do is sort out your appauling taste in motor bikes and you will be well on the way to being a thoroughly good bastard !

(oh yeah and a how about getting a transfer to green watch so we can meet for coffee, while getting paid)

F/F:wacko:

Ivan
10th May 2007, 12:59
Its awsoem to read this,

Dom is doing exactly what I want to do.